Cloud 9

Be My Husband

Sorry for the late update ;; and very big thanks for 300++ subscribers 


 

 

Chanyeol smiled as he turned around in his sleep, feeling so content and jovial as he remembered back what had happened last night – of how he finally realized the reason why his heart always beat faster when it came to Baekhyun, of why did he feel angry whenever people (read: Kyungsoo and also Hyori) were being too close to Baekhyun and why he felt like crying too when Baekhyun was crying. He fluttered his eyes open with a smile still on his face, remembering the sweet dream he had of Baekhyun and feeling even more lighthearted as he saw how the morning sunlight streamed in through the window, making this day looked even better. Chanyeol blinked his eyes several times as he stared up at the ceiling, still trying to gather himself as he couldn’t wait to spend this beautiful day with his husband (and friends).

 

It was minutes after – when Chanyeol finally came to his sense – he finally noticed that there was nothing that held him down today; no strawberry scented hair in his nose, no yelping and drooling male on his chest and nothing was making his hand numb. Chanyeol frowned as he processed these things in his head and after a minute, only then he could sort out that Baekhyun was not in his arms, unlike he usually was. Chanyeol’s eyes widened when he noticed that and he whipped his head to his right, to see whether Baekhyun was there or not.

 

The giant gasped as he was shocked with the sight that greeted him – the face of a dog (plushie) that he recognized as the one that he had won Baekhyun last night. Chanyeol gritted his teeth as he narrowed his eyes, taking note of how Baekhyun was smiling while he hugged the plushie close to his chest, looking so peaceful and unbothered. Chanyeol felt his eyes twitched when Baekhyun moved a bit in his sleep, further tightening his arms around the small corgi plushie and snuggling his face on the annoying dog, like how he usually did on Chanyeol’s chest.

 

Chanyeol was not going to be petty – no, he was not going to be jealous over a dog, a plushie dog at that. Ew no, Chanyeol was not that petty but damn, he never had felt the need to grab a plushie away and cut all the limbs with a scissors and maybe stab it a few times with a knife so that it’d be damaged beyond repair and maybe burn it to get rid of it forever. He seriously was thinking on why he gave that little thing to Baekhyun and why did he let the midget bring that thing to sleep because he really, really, really regretted it now.

 

The taller however took a deep breath to calm himself down – because hating on a plushie was just unreasonable – and he smiled when a whiff of Baekhyun’s strawberry scent came into his sense, feeling his mood became a lot better because of it. Chanyeol then took the chance to watch Baekhyun sleep, letting out silent chuckles when Baekhyun let out whines and groans in his sleep once in a while. He ran his gaze over Baekhyun’s soft features – from his closed eyes down to his button nose and slightly chubby cheeks – thinking on why he never truly appreciated this beautiful view before.

 

Maybe it was because he was too busy on sending the male away, busy being annoyed by the guy to notice that he actually liked the smaller. Chanyeol smiled softly as he felt himself being suffocated by a feeling that he couldn’t describe; maybe it was adoration, or maybe it could be affection – a very deep one – but the certain thing was, he could feel so much warmth in his heart, only by looking at Baekhyun’s face.

 

 

And it was getting scary on how fast his heart was beating because of Baekhyun.

 

 

And how fast he found himself falling for Baekhyun.

 

 

Or maybe, he had fallen for a long time ago but he just realized it now.

 

 

Chanyeol then wanted to trail his eyes lower – towards Baekhyun’s lips but he was once again piqued at the offending plushie that was being cuddled by Baekhyun oh-so-nicely. Chanyeol was not going to be petty, no, but he just couldn’t stand it.

 

With his teeth biting his lower lip, Chanyeol prayed that Baekhyun wouldn’t wake up as he reached out to pull the plushie away from Baekhyun’s tight hug. He tugged on the corgi plushie, pulling it away very slowly and carefully but he halted when Baekhyun suddenly groaned with his face scrunched, maybe mad that his sleep was interrupted. Chanyeol held his breath when Baekhyun moved in his sleep, madly hoping that Baekhyun wouldn’t open his eyes. It was just Chanyeol’s luck when Baekhyun didn’t wake up and his hold on the plushie also fortunately loosened a bit, giving a chance for Chanyeol to pull it away.

 

Chanyeol cheered silently when he finally got the plushie in his hand without waking Baekhyun up. The giant then hissed at the corgi in his hand, narrowing his eyes at the plushie as a warning before he mindlessly threw it away, making the plushie ended up landing on the floor. Chanyeol’s attention was back on Baekhyun when the latter whimpered softly, his hands searching for something to hold as the plushie that he snuggled just now wasn’t there anymore.

 

“Hm.. Mongryongie..”

 

Mongryong..ie? Who is that? Who is Mongryongie? Don’t tell me…

 

The taller furrowed his eyebrows as he looked at Baekhyun searching for the plushie blindingly. Mongryongie? You gave the plushie a name? Seriously, Baekhyun?! Chanyeol narrowed his eyes as he observed Baekhyun muttering the name sleepily, his eyes weren’t even open but his hands keep patting the bed in search of the corgi. It’s a good thing that I’ve thrown it away. You should only reach for me, Baekhyun. Me!

 

Feeling annoyed that Baekhyun wasn’t searching for him; Chanyeol scooted closer to the sleeping brunette with a pout on his face, making sure that Baekhyun’s hand would finally reach out to him. Baekhyun hummed in his sleep when his hand landed on Chanyeol’s chest and Chanyeol’s pout (magically) melted into a soft smile when Baekhyun clutched on his shirt, moving closer to nuzzle his face onto Chanyeol’s clothed chest. Chanyeol’s heart skipped a beat at Baekhyun’s unconscious act and the giant actually had to cover his mouth with his palm to prevent the squeals from coming out of his mouth.

 

, he’s so cute!!

 

Chanyeol put his hand away from his mouth (though he still bit his lips so that he wouldn’t end up squealing) and bravely put his hand on Baekhyun’s waist, resting his hand on the curve of Baekhyun’s hip. He smiled softly as he finally could enjoy watching Baekhyun’s face as he was sleeping without anything to hinder his sight. And it was really scary on how Chanyeol found Baekhyun looking so cute when he sleeps, even with the small trace of drool at the corner of his lips.

 

 

I’m seriously ed up. If this goes on, my heart would combust and I’d totally be gone!

 

 

Chanyeol’s eyes widened slightly in shock when Baekhyun’s eyes fluttered open and not knowing what to do, the giant just quickly shut his eyes, pretending to still be asleep. Baekhyun groaned as he rubbed his eyes and opened his eyes slowly, blinking when he was met with a very broad chest. Baekhyun’s eyebrows furrowed as he still tried to take everything in and when it clicked in his mind, he looked up slightly only to see Chanyeol sleeping peacefully.

 

Baekhyun smiled at the sight but his smile froze when he remembered something. Where did Mongryong go? Didn’t I hug it to sleep last night? Baekhyun was about to turn around to search for the plush corgi when he noticed the added weight on his waist. The brunette blushed slightly when he realized that Chanyeol’s arm was on him but he chose to not lose his cool over it so he moved Chanyeol’s hand away very slowly, so that the giant wouldn’t wake up.

 

Chanyeol peeked on Baekhyun by opening an eye stealthily, watching the smaller sitting up on the bed while looking for his toy. Baekhyun scratched his head lightly when he couldn’t find Mongryong on the bed so he peered at the end of the bed and he ended up gasping when he saw Mongryong lying helplessly on the floor.

 

“M-Mongryong, why are you there?”

 

Chanyeol hid in his scowl as he felt the bed rose when Baekhyun went off to take the plushie. Baekhyun cradled the toy in his hands as he slowly sat down on the bed again, looking at the toy intently and thinking on why would it end up on the floor. “I’m sorry for throwing you away like that.” Baekhyun apologized in a whisper to the plush corgi as he lied down on the bed again, hugging the toy close to his chest. Chanyeol had closed both his eyes again, continuing pretending to be asleep though he was actually burning inside, regretting the fact that he didn’t throw the plush even further away from their bed. Or maybe straight to outside of the room.

 

Chanyeol breathed in slowly as he felt Baekhyun turning to his side, facing Chanyeol as he whisper-talked to the toy. ”I really like hugging you, Mongryong..” Just as he heard those words, Chanyeol accidentally let out a loud exhale as he fumed silently, shocking Baekhyun a bit. The brunette clamped his mouth shut as he waited for Chanyeol to sleep again before he continued his words, “..but I like hugging Chanyeol more. Sorry, Mongryongie..”

 

Chanyeol’s whole body froze when he heard those words and the giant desperately tried to act like he wasn’t aware of Baekhyun’s words, hopelessly trying his best to not let his face break into a wide smile. Chanyeol’s insides had already become jumbled up before melting into a puddle of goo as he was so happy to hear Baekhyun’s confession, very much delighted about it that it had become a very hard task to pretend that he was still asleep.

 

Chanyeol’s sense was heightened since he was closing his eyes, and he could feel every move that Baekhyun did – which the latter was now moving to put the toy at the headboard before slowly moving closer to Chanyeol. Chanyeol unconsciously held his breath as he anticipated Baekhyun’s next move. Baekhyun soundlessly lifted Chanyeol’s arm to put it back on his waist and he scooted closer until his face was back onto Chanyeol’s chest, inhaling the natural musky scent of Chanyeol. He hummed as he nuzzled his face on Chanyeol’s shirt and he also wrapped his hand around Chanyeol’s waist, sighing happily as he was back in Chanyeol’s arms.

 

Chanyeol thought that it was the best feeling that he could ever feel – hearing Baekhyun’s words just now – but apparently, he thought wrong because the feeling of Baekhyun being in his arms was even greater.

 

“As expected, hugging Chanyeol is the best. I told you so, Mongryongie..”

 

Chanyeol’s heart was doing all kind of flips when he heard Baekhyun’s soft murmur and he was sure by the rate of his heart beating right now, he could end up pass out later on. He just hoped that Baekhyun wouldn’t realize how fast his heart was thumping right now but seriously, how could he stay calm when Baekhyun said that??!! Chanyeol’s toes curled when Baekhyun snuggled even closer, leaving no spaces between them and further making Chanyeol dead inside from too much squealing.

 

 

, , , , he’s too adorable!

 

 

 I’m totally done for!

 

 

.

 

 

---

 

 

They both ended up sleeping a little more after and when they both went out of their room; it was already around 10 in the morning. Baekhyun tilted his head when he stepped into an empty kitchen, curious on why no one was awake yet.

 

“What’s wrong?”

 

Chanyeol walked up behind Baekhyun and put a hand on his back, peering at Baekhyun’s face as he wondered what made the smaller stop at the kitchen door. Baekhyun looked up behind him and motioned to the kitchen with his chin, “No one is here yet.” Baekhyun blinked as he scratched the back of his head slightly, “Not even Kyungsoo. It’s the first I wake up before him.”

 

The giant just chuckled at Baekhyun’s cute dumbfounded expression and he couldn’t help but to ruffle Baekhyun’s soft and fluffy hair affectionately. “We can enjoy our time alone, then.” Baekhyun spluttered in shock when Chanyeol leant down to whisper the words in his ear with his deep voice, flushing madly as he shuddered at Chanyeol’s warm breath beside his ear. Chanyeol laughed out loud at the midget’s comical reaction and he then pushed Baekhyun by his shoulders into the kitchen, “Why don’t you just relax and I’ll prepare our breakfast, okay?”

 

Baekhyun just blinked as Chanyeol pushed him to sit on one of the seats and proceeded to go to the fridge, searching for anything that he could cook for their breakfast. Baekhyun propped his chin on his palm as he watched Chanyeol move around the kitchen, doing his things with his back to Baekhyun and the midget couldn’t deny that he was enjoying the view. However, it was getting boring sitting there just doing nothing so Baekhyun went up to stand beside Chanyeol, “Can I help you with anything?”

 

Chanyeol stopped whisking the pancake mix in the bowl and turned to look at the shorter male, shaking his head. “Nothing, you just go and sit there.” Chanyeol said while motioning back to the chair with his chin, wanting Baekhyun to just rest. Baekhyun pouted a bit as he put his head onto Chanyeol’s shoulder; unconsciously making Chanyeol’s heart skipped a beat at his natural aegyo.

 

“But, it’s getting boring sitting there alone. Just let me help you.”

 

Baekhyun looked up at Chanyeol’s face from under his eyelashes, planning to use his aegyo to make Chanyeol agree but he yelped in surprise instead when Chanyeol swiped a finger on his cheek, leaving a trace of batter there. “Yah, what are you doing?” Baekhyun pulled away from Chanyeol in surprise and he narrowed his eyes when Chanyeol laughed.

 

“Oh, you wanna play? Let’s play.”

                                                                         

Chanyeol yelped slightly when Baekhyun reached out to dip his finger in the bowl and before the smaller could do so; Chanyeol quickly turned his body away while holding the bowl high, making Baekhyun jumping on his toes to reach the taller. “Yah Yoda, that’s unfair!” Chanyeol laughed at Baekhyun’s frustrated whines and he stuck his tongue out childishly as he kept on running away from Baekhyun.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Ack, why did you stop?”

 

Luhan rubbed his forehead with a pout when he bumped into Sehun’s (very) broad back. He looked up at Sehun’s face and he frowned when Sehun didn’t answer him, instead he looked so stunned. Luhan tugged on Sehun’s shirt as he tried to get his attention, “Hey, what’s wrong?”

 

Luhan was taken aback when Sehun abruptly turned around to face him while gripping onto Luhan’s shoulder. “Luhan hyung, am I dreaming?” Sehun asked Luhan in urgency, his eyes wide as he kept on shaking Luhan. “Please tell me I do because this is seriously so ing weird to be true.” Luhan was getting dizzy now by all the shaking, so he pried Sehun’s hands away from him before bonking the younger on his head once. “What’s wrong with you? What did you see that you become like this?”

 

Sehun (almost) whined when Luhan hit his head but that was not the main problem right now. He then went to stand behind Luhan and he pushed Luhan by his shoulders, pointing out the scene that had made him feel so shocked just now.

 

“That, hyung. That.”

 

Luhan’s mouth fell open when his gaze fell on the scene before him; Chanyeol and Baekhyun were playing around in the kitchen, chasing each other while trying to attack each other with the pancake batter. The eldest actually needed to rub his eyes with his hands to confirm that the scene he was seeing now was real because Chanyeol playing around with Baekhyun?? Is this for real??!

 

Both Luhan and Sehun gasped when they saw Baekhyun finally got to corner Chanyeol against the kitchen counter, trapping Chanyeol with his smaller body – the bowl was forgotten on the counter. They both blinked in shock when they saw Baekhyun stepping even closer to Chanyeol, leaving no spaces between their bodies and Luhan could see how Chanyeol was looking down at Baekhyun with an expression that he had never seen on the taller’s face before.

 

Sehun unconsciously gripped Luhan’s shoulders tighter as they both watched what was happening in the kitchen. Both Luhan and Sehun were not expecting this, not at all because the last time they knew, Chanyeol didn’t even want to be that close to Baekhyun but what the hell was happening now? Their eyes then widened when Baekhyun suddenly tiptoed, reaching out to Chanyeol and the taller too was leaning down, their faces now were just inches away.

 

 

 

 

 

“Ehem, good morning.”

 

Both Baekhyun and Chanyeol snapped out of their own world when they heard Luhan’s voice. Baekhyun quickly pulled away while clearing his throat, trying hard to act like nothing had happened. Meanwhile, Chanyeol looked up and saw Luhan and Sehun entering the kitchen, both looking suspiciously at him and Baekhyun. Chanyeol looked down at Baekhyun, who was now looking at him and he chuckled lightly before ushering Baekhyun to go and wash the batter away from his cheek.

 

“Just wait a minute, I’ll prepare the breakfast.”

 

Chanyeol told the couple, who had sat down at the dining table and he then proceeded to make the pancakes for all of them. After Baekhyun had done washing his face, he then walked and sat down at the table while wiping his face with a tissue. Baekhyun looked up to look at Luhan when he felt the elder’s stare on him. “W-What?” Baekhyun raised his eyebrows as he looked at Luhan and the elder just narrowed his eyes at him suspiciously.

 

Baekhyun didn’t know how to respond to that but luckily, he was saved when he heard footsteps coming to the kitchen. All three of them then turned to look at the newcomers, only to be shocked when they saw how gloomy and dreary Kyungsoo and Jongin looked.

 

“Woah, you guys look like ! What happened to you both?”

 

Sehun grimaced as he asked the two, horrified to see those eye bags on his friends’ faces. The youngest however straightened up when Kyungsoo and Jongin both glared at him, looking so murderous that Sehun unconsciously gulped. “W-Wha..”

 

“We won’t look like this if you..” Jongin pointed a finger at Sehun with his eyes narrowed, “..and you, hyung..” his finger was now pointed to Luhan, “.. keep all your moans and grunts down last night and not banging the bed against our wall.”

 

Baekhyun’s mouth fell open as he looked at Sehun and Luhan – who were now very red in the face – and Baekhyun was sure he heard Chanyeol snort in the background. It was a first Baekhyun seeing Sehun being that red and it was really such a nice view, to be honest. Kyungsoo and Jongin just groaned when Luhan offered a meek apologize and they both pulled the chairs before plopping down, almost looking like they would fall asleep right at the table. Baekhyun just smiled sympathetically at the two as he patted Kyungsoo’s head softly, earning a low hum from his best friend.

 

The time passed by with Sehun trying to apologize to Jongin, which the tanned male just brush away any of it but Sehun didn’t falter. Their one-sided conversation finally ended when Chanyeol came and put the stack of pancakes in the middle and they all focused their attention on eating after.

 

 

 

Luhan nudged Sehun lightly and signaled with his head at Baekhyun, who was busy putting pancakes on Chanyeol’s plate and Jongin, who was also doing the same to Kyungsoo. It wouldn’t be that weird to see Baekhyun and Jongin doing those, because they knew that Baekhyun liked Chanyeol (everyone knew this) and the two of them had a hunch that Jongin was trying to flirt with Kyungsoo.

 

But it was weird now, because Chanyeol and Kyungsoo were smiling. SMILING!

 

“I think we really are dreaming right now, babe. You’re right, this.. this is too weird to be true.”

 

Luhan said those words looking like he was in a trance and Sehun could just nodded his head at that, not knowing how to react to this weird scene happening in front of his own eyes.

 

---

 

 

“What about this one?”

 

Baekhyun turned around and he burst out laughing when he was greeted with the image of Chanyeol posing in front of him with a big, bright pink, summer hat for women on his head. “Yah, what are you doing?” Baekhyun shook his head at the taller as he reached out to take off the hat. Chanyeol just grinned dumbly at him and Baekhyun hit him softly on his shoulder with the hat before putting it back on the shelf.

 

They were now shopping in the shops that they went the day before, continuing their hunt for gifts to be brought back to their parents. They had decided to go back that evening so Chanyeol and Baekhyun both thought that they could use the remaining times there to go on a shopping date, sort of.

 

“Then, what do you want to give them?”

 

Chanyeol enquired as he looked at all the beautiful things on the shelf, thinking hard on what would be the best to be brought back. Baekhyun too looked around and when he saw something that caught his attention, he dragged Chanyeol by the wrist and showed the taller, to get an approval on those things. They kept on doing this and went to every store there until both their hands were full of shopping bags.

 

 

 

 

“Want to go to that café?”

 

Baekhyun whipped his head to the direction of café that Chanyeol was showing him, thinking that it would be nice to have an iced coffee in this hot weather. He nodded his head with a grin towards Chanyeol and they both then walked into the café, sighing in relief when the air condition blasting them cool air right away.

 

“Go and search for a table. I’ll order for us.” Chanyeol handed the bags in his hand to the smaller and he raised an eyebrow as he asked, “Is iced latte okay for you?” Baekhyun nodded and hummed as the answer to Chanyeol’s question and Chanyeol ruffled his hair affectionately before he went to queue in the line. Baekhyun blushed a bit at Chanyeol’s gesture and before he could embarrass himself there, he quickly went to search for a table.

 

“Oh, Baekhyun-ssi!”

 

Baekhyun’s eyes widened as he heard that familiar high-pitched voice and he turned to his left, seeing Hyori waving a hand at him. He almost rolled his eyes but then he remembered that Hyori was not a threat anymore so he quickly made his way to the girl, who was sitting alone there.

 

“Hyori-ssi, what are you doing here alone?”

 

Hyori smiled as she gestured for Baekhyun to take a seat in front of her. “No, I’m not alone. I’m with Wooshik, actually. He’s queuing right now.” Hyori then smiled teasingly when she saw all the bags that Baekhyun had brought in just now. “What about you? Are you on a date with Chanyeol?” Hyori then perked up as she remembered something, “Oh wait, he confessed to you, right?”

 

Baekhyun felt his cheeks warmed when Hyori asked him that question and he bashfully shook his head, trying to deny something so obvious. “How do you know.. Well, it’s not a date. We’re just buying gifts for our parents.” Hyori pursed his lips as she heard Baekhyun’s unconvinced answer, “Ayy, don’t lie to me. I know everything.”

 

Hyori then laughed when Baekhyun’s face reddened even more, enjoying the cute look on the male’s face. She propped her chin on her palm as she observed Baekhyun and she noticed that the male looked glowing, looked happier. Baekhyun scratched the back of his neck when he noticed Hyori looking at him like that, feeling uncomfortable under her piercing stare.

 

“W-Why are you looking at me like that?”

 

Hyori smiled when she saw how flustered Baekhyun was and she straightened up in her seat, shaking her head lightly. “Nothing.” Baekhyun just nodded at that and they both fell into an awkward silence for a while before Hyori broke it with an apology.

 

“I actually want to say sorry, for suddenly barging in your love life like that.”

 

Baekhyun’s eyes widened a bit when he heard that, surprised that Hyori was apologizing to him. He bit his lower lip slightly as he stared at Hyori, wanting to ask the thing that had always been on his mind. “Why.. um, what.. okay, I accepted your apology.” Baekhyun then leaned forward a bit, putting both his hands on the table as he looked straight into Hyori’s eyes. “But why me and Chanyeol?”

 

Hyori suddenly looked bashful when Baekhyun asked her the question and Baekhyun could see that Hyori actually was kind of cute, looking almost childish even. “Um, that..” Hyori fiddled with her fingers as she looked at Baekhyun apologetically. “I needed someone to make Wooshik feel jealous..” Hyori trailed and Baekhyun nodded, knowing that much of the story since he had seen what happened between the two last night.

 

“Then?”

 

Baekhyun raised his eyebrows to urge Hyori to continue her answer. Hyori laughed a bit as she grinned up at Baekhyun, “Then I saw Chanyeol, and I thought he was hot and handsome, so that’s why I chose to flirt with him.”

 

Baekhyun chuckled at Hyori’s answer, thinking that if it was before, he would already have cursed the girl in his head but since he knew that Chanyeol was now his, he kind of felt proud to hear someone saying his husband was hot and handsome. “Okay, then why don’t you back off when you have met me? I know that you know I like Chanyeol.”

 

Hyori tilted her head and she shrugged her shoulders once. “Well, I can see that you like Chanyeol. And surprisingly, I can also see that Chanyeol likes you, just that he doesn’t realize it yet.” Baekhyun tilted his head in puzzledly, which Hyori just laughed at. “Well, if he knows that he likes you, of course he would’ve been all over you and he would’ve pushed me away. But he did none of that, though he kept on watching and glancing and also paying attention to you.”

 

Baekhyun’s mouth fell open at Hyori’s answer and he straightened up in his seat, “So, you decided to act as a and make me curse you at every chance I get just because you want to help us?”

 

Hyori offered Baekhyun an offended look when she heard that and Baekhyun just said a soft sorry at that, but he still wanted to hear what would Hyori said about that. “Well, what Chanyeol needed was a push to make him realize it and I decided to be that push, that would make him realize.” Hyori then pondered a bit, “Well, I’m happy that it worked out. And also, I really enjoyed looking at your pissed face, you look too cute, Baekhyunnie.” Hyori cooed at Baekhyun and she reached out to pinch the brunette’s cheek, which Baekhyun just swatted her hand away softly.

 

“But, you are a stranger to both of us. Why would you help us?” Baekhyun pouted slightly as he asked that, feeling remorseful that he had always been cursing at the girl (well, she asked for it) even when she was just trying to help. Though, her method was a bit.. awful.

 

“Let’s just say I like seeing two people getting together.” She smiled sweetly at Baekhyun as she said that and she then shrugged her shoulders, “And my plan to get back with Wooshik worked out too, so it’s like killing two birds with one stone.”

 

Baekhyun let out a soft chuckle as he shook his head at Hyori, “Well, thank you for helping us then. And I’m truly sorry for cursing at you and saying bad things too.” Baekhyun smiled apologetically at Hyori before he pursed his lips, “But you asked for it, though.”

 

Hyori just laughed out loud at Baekhyun’s words and she nodded her head too, “I’m sorry too then, for torturing you like that.” She extended a hand towards Baekhyun with a very big smile on her face, “So, we’re okay now?” Baekhyun just grinned as he shook his hand with Hyori, nodding his head. “Yeah, we’re okay.”

 

They both released their hands when Wooshik came to the table with drinks and cakes in his hands. Baekhyun swore he saw Wooshik glancing at him with suspicious stares before he sat down beside Hyori and resting his hand on the back of Hyori’s chair, almost like sending signals to Baekhyun that ‘Hyori is mine!’ Baekhyun just smiled softly at that, happy that the tall guy seemed like he truly loved Hyori and the midget just hoped that everything would go well with the two of them.

 

“Baek, let’s go- Oh, Hyori. Hi,” Chanyeol smiled at the girl and he nodded his head slightly as a greeting to Wooshik, curious on why Baekhyun was sitting with them. Hyori just looked up at him with a wide smile, “Hi, Chanyeol. I see that you made your move already.” Hyori held up thumbs up to the giant before she snorted softly. “I thought it would take you long before you confess, since you didn’t even realize that you like Baekhyun before.”

 

The three of them were shocked when Wooshik suddenly choked up on his drink and Hyori quickly rubbed his back to soothe him. Baekhyun and Chanyeol just looked at each other, holding in their laughter and before they could break out into a laugh, Chanyeol handed Baekhyun his drinks. “It’s getting late, we should head home now.” Baekhyun nodded his head as he got up and took some of their shopping bags, while Chanyeol took some.

 

Hyori whipped her head towards them when she heard that, “Eh, already? Why don’t you stay for a while?” Baekhyun just shook his head apologetically at her, “We’ll be going back this evening so we need to pack our things.” Chanyeol just nodded his head, agreeing to Baekhyun’s words and Hyori pouted slightly at that. She then pulled out her phone and handed it to Baekhyun, making the brunette raising an eyebrow in question.

 

“Your phone number, Baekhyun-ssi.”

 

Baekhyun chuckled at his own foolishness before taking Hyori’s phone and called his own, grinning at Hyori after he had done so. “I’ll make sure to keep in touch.” Baekhyun promised the girl and Chanyeol grinned from behind Baekhyun, “Thanks for your ‘help’, Hyori.” The girl just laughed at Chanyeol’s words and saluted the two, pulling out laugh from the two. After saying their goodbye, Chanyeol and Baekhyun then proceeded to walk home with their drinks and shopping bags in their hands.

 

---

 

 

“Why do I have to be the one who drive?”

 

Baekhyun whined as he crossed his arms on his chest, giving Sehun his stink eyes while the youngest just looked down at him with a not amused face. “You were the one who wanted to drive before, so I’m giving you the chance now.” Sehun shrugged once as he said that, smirking when he saw Baekhyun hissing under his breath.

 

The others just shook their heads at the two, noticing how Baekhyun and Sehun always bickered childishly, even when Baekhyun was actually older than Sehun. They almost looked like siblings with how they bickered and the other thought that it was safe to just let the two be as they all continued to put their luggage into the trunk, ignoring the two bickering males.

 

Chanyeol leant back against the van after he was done with his (and Baekhyun’s) luggage and he crossed his arms, smiling as he observed Baekhyun who was pouting cutely and Sehun, who was enjoying his time teasing the shorter male. The giant was startled a bit when Kyungsoo suddenly came to stand beside him, also leaning against the van as he also looked at Sehun and Baekhyun.

 

“So, I see that you’ve stopped being a fool.”

 

Chanyeol blinked as he looked down at the owl-eyed guy, not understanding what the shorter male was trying to say. “What do you mean?” Kyungsoo just chuckled softly as he looked up at Chanyeol’s confused face, slightly amazed at how dense Chanyeol at reading something between the lines. He had noticed how Chanyeol had been smiling around Baekhyun and he saw how different Chanyeol was being from before. One didn’t have to think for so long to notice what changed between the two of them. Kyungsoo then just shook his head at the taller male, “Nothing, just.. don’t hurt Baekhyun. I’ll kill you if he ever shed a tear because of you.”

 

Chanyeol could just blink his eyes as he watched Kyungsoo walked away to get into the van, leaving him dumbfounded there. He was still trying to figure out what Kyungsoo said when Jongin walked up to him and patted him on his shoulders, asking him to drag both Sehun and Baekhyun to the van.

 

“We won’t reach home if we let them be.”

 

Jongin sighed and he too climbed into the van, taking his seat beside Kyungsoo and proceeded to close his eyes, wanting to get his beauty sleep. Chanyeol just shrugged at that and he walked up to Baekhyun and Sehun, noticing that Luhan was already there, trying to drag Sehun away. Chanyeol couldn’t help the smile on his face when Baekhyun stomped his feet at something Sehun said. Deciding to end the brunette’s misery, Chanyeol put a hand on Baekhyun’s shoulder softly, halting Baekhyun in his rant.

 

“I’ll drive us home, you can just relax next to me.” Chanyeol ruffled Baekhyun’s hair softly and turned to glare at Sehun, “And you, stop trying to pick a fight.” Sehun faked a gasp when Chanyeol reprimanded him like that and Baekhyun stuck his tongue at the youngest, happy that Chanyeol was backing him up. Luhan sighed as he looked at the two childish people and not wanting to drag it even longer, the doe-eyed male decided to just drag his boyfriend into the van.

 

Chanyeol then went to lock the house and checked that he had everything covered while Baekhyun waited for him. And once he was done, they both walked to the van to start their 5-hour journey back.

 

 

 

 

 

“Sleep, Baekhyun. You look sleepy.”

 

Baekhyun just hummed as he turned to look at Chanyeol, admiring the view of Chanyeol driving. It was already three hours into the journey and everyone had fallen asleep when Baekhyun turned to look at them just now, so they were the only ones awake. Baekhyun glanced at the back once again and he smirked when he noticed that Jongin was sleeping with his head on the Kyungsoo. The brunette then pulled out his phone and opened his camera app, snapping shots of the two.

 

Chanyeol just shook his head slightly as he saw the smaller playing around, taking shots of the others. Baekhyun giggled when he zoomed in on Sehun’s opened mouth, with drools at the corner of his mouth and decided to use it to blackmail the youngest, if he ever tried to annoy Baekhyun again. Though Baekhyun couldn’t deny that Sehun was just like a younger brother that he had always wanted.

 

Baekhyun turned back to the front after he was done, chuckling softly at the pictures that he had taken – some were fine while some where shaking since the van was moving. The midget then glanced at Chanyeol, who was still focused on his driving and he turned the camera to him, taking the pictures of the giant.

 

“Yah midget, stop taking my pictures!”

 

Chanyeol shrieked as he stretched his hand to reach out for the phone, one hand gripping tight on the steering so that they wouldn’t get into an accident. Baekhyun leaned his body back against the window and he whined as he dodged Chanyeol’s hand. “Whyyyy.. Let me take your pictures. I don’t have any of your pictures.” Baekhyun slapped Chanyeol’s big hand away, making the giant groaned in pain and pulled away his hand, leaving Baekhyun smiling in victory.

 

“But to think of it, we don’t have any pictures of us together.”

 

Baekhyun mused as he pouted slightly before he perked up in his seat. “Let’s take a selca.” Baekhyun said excitedly as he held up the phone, posing cutely with Chanyeol at the back, driving. “I’m driving, Baekhyun. I can’t pose right now.” Chanyeol sighed as he glanced at the smaller male, who was still taking shots of them both. Baekhyun just pursed his lips at that, “Then, drive. I’ll handle the rest.” He then continued to take pictures of them, posing weirdly and using filters to make Chanyeol look hideous, which the giant just shook his head and let the smaller be.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Text us when you guys have arrived home.”

 

Baekhyun said to the others as he and Chanyeol stood in front of their house with the bags in their hands. They waved to the rest as they watched them taking off before going into their house. It was now close to 10 pm and they both were spent since they didn’t sleep a wink in the van on their way back.

 

Baekhyun literally dragged his feet as he went up the stair with the shopping bags in his hands (because Chanyeol insisted to carry their luggage and gave Baekhyun the smaller bags) while the giant trudged up behind him. Baekhyun then opened their bedroom door and went to put the bags beside the dresser, thinking that he could care about it tomorrow because all he could think right now was their fluffy bed. And so he went, throwing himself on the bed and sighing at the soft feeling of the bed under him.

 

Chanyeol had went to put their luggage in their walk-in closet and when he came out, he was greeted with the sight of Baekhyun lying on the bed spread-eagled, looking so blissful with the dreamy sighs he let out. Baekhyun was almost drifting into his sleep when out of a blue, a weight plopped down on top of his body.

 

“Umpf! Yah, get off, Yoda! You’re heavy!”

 

Baekhyun whined as he tried to push Chanyeol off him, though it was to no avail. The giant just hummed happily as he planted his face into Baekhyun’s neck, making himself comfortable lying completely on the midget. “No, I don’t want to. You’re so comfy, I like this.” Chanyeol whispered the words against Baekhyun’s neck, making the midget squirmed because he was ticklish.

 

Baekhyun groaned as he tried harder because he swore he couldn’t breathe anymore with the weight on top of him. “Yah, yah, yah, get off! I can’t breathe!” Baekhyun hit Chanyeol’s back repeatedly, urging the taller to get off him right away. He could feel Chanyeol sniffling him once before the male moved away from him, lying beside him while putting his head on Baekhyun’s chest.

 

Baekhyun heaved a relief sigh when Chanyeol finally got off him but he was shocked when Chanyeol put his head on him. He looked down at the giant and he was blushing madly when Chanyeol snuggled onto his chest with a blissful smile on his face. Baekhyun could feel his heart beating faster and he could only wish that Chanyeol wouldn’t hear or notice it.

 

“Your heart is beating so fast right now.” Chanyeol said with a low chuckle, his warm breath tickling Baekhyun as he did so. “Why is it, hm?” The giant singsong-ed the words as he looked up at Baekhyun, who was blushing madly right now.

 

 

Damn, why is he so cute??

 

 

Baekhyun tried to push Chanyeol off, wanting to hide himself but Chanyeol just tightened his arm around Baekhyun’s waist and snuggling deeper onto Baekhyun’s chest, smiling teasingly as he did so. They fought silently for a few more minutes and when it was obvious that he couldn’t win, Baekhyun just sighed as he lied there with Chanyeol in his arms.

 

“This.. it just.. this feels.. surreal.”

 

Baekhyun stuttered out the words as he glanced down at Chanyeol, his hand coming up to play with the strands of Chanyeol’s brown locks. Chanyeol hummed softly when he felt Baekhyun’s nimble fingers on his head, liking how soothing it felt.

 

“What does?”

 

Baekhyun sighed softly when Chanyeol asked the question, looking up at the ceiling as he pondered about it. “This; We, being on the same bed with you in my arms, just lying here having this peaceful moments.” Chanyeol looked up to stare at Baekhyun’s jaw as he talked, smiling at how breathless Baekhyun sounded. Baekhyun then also looked down, making their eyes met.

 

“You, saying that you like me.” Baekhyun blinked as he looked at how Chanyeol was staring at him, seeing how Chanyeol’s eyes sparkled as he looked up at him. It made him wonder if it was just a dream, a very beautiful dream.

 

“No, this is not a dream.” Chanyeol flashed Baekhyun a convincing smile as he said those words, pushing himself up a little to leave a fleet kiss on Baekhyun’s chin. Baekhyun felt his cheeks warmed up at the gesture, resulting his neck and ears to flush red, pulling out a soft laugh from Chanyeol when he noticed that. He then moved so that he was now hovering over Baekhyun, supporting himself with his elbows on each side of Baekhyun’s head.

 

“You have never stopped appearing in front of me and you never fail in telling me how much you like me.” Chanyeol stared down at Baekhyun’s brown eyes, feeling proud that he could make Baekhyun feel flustered that the midget kept on blinking. “I guess, you have managed to make me fall for you, even without me realizing it.”

 

Chanyeol bopped Baekhyun on his nose with his finger, taking the smaller by surprise. Baekhyun whined softly at the gesture, though it was more of a whine because of how big the impact of Chanyeol’s words to his whole being. His heart was pounding so hard that he could hear them in his ears, making him wish that it would stop soon or else he could explode there.

 

Chanyeol beamed when he saw Baekhyun getting redder as times passed by and he unconsciously brushed his thumb on Baekhyun’s red cheek, too caught up in that beautiful natural blush. “I’m sorry it took me this long to realize that I like you.”

 

Baekhyun gulped down the lump in his throat as he looked at Chanyeol’s almond eyes, mesmerized at how earnest they looked, at how deep they were piercing Baekhyun’s own. His gaze unconsciously travelled down to Chanyeol’s pink lips, gulping once again when Chanyeol those lips. Baekhyun quickly looked up back to Chanyeol’s eyes, noticing that Chanyeol too was actually looking at his thin lips.

 

Baekhyun felt his heartbeat increasing when Chanyeol slowly leaned down, getting closer and closer to him that Baekhyun now could feel Chanyeol’s breath on his face. Chanyeol tilted his head slightly as he glanced up at Baekhyun’s eyes, before closing his eyes as he leant down even closer to Baekhyun, that he had felt Baekhyun’s lips grazing his thick ones.

 

 

Ding!

 

 

They both jumped a bit when Baekhyun’s phone suddenly went off, signaling a text came up. Chanyeol (unwillingly) pulled away while clearing his throat and he lied down on the bed beside Baekhyun, watching as Baekhyun sat up to take the phone from the night stand. Baekhyun almost cursed when he opened the text, only to see a text from Kyungsoo saying that he had reached home safely. Baekhyun felt his eyes twitched and he took a deep breath to calm himself down, plopping back to lie down on the bed.

 

“Who is it?”

 

Baekhyun turned to look at his left, clearing his throat a bit before he answered. “Just Kyungsoo, saying that he had reached home.” Chanyeol hummed in acknowledgement and they both fell into a silence for a while, not knowing what to say now that the mood had been ruined.

 

Deciding to end that awkward moment, Chanyeol scooted closer to Baekhyun and arranged Baekhyun’s arm so that he could sleep on Baekhyun’s chest, liking the feel of being in the midget’s arms. “Let’s just sleep then. It’s been a long day.”

 

Baekhyun blinked down at the giant in his arms, surprised but also feeling warmth creeping up in his chest at this new Chanyeol. He then turned to lie on his side and wrapped his other arm over Chanyeol’s waist, tangling their legs together to be more comfortable. “Goodnight then, Yoda.”

 

Chanyeol’s mouth quirked up into a small smile at that and he snuggled closer to Baekhyun, his nose practically planted into Baekhyun’s chest. “Goodnight, Midget.” Chanyeol found himself smiling even wider when Baekhyun tightened his hold on him and he swore he felt Baekhyun’s lips grazing his forehead softly before they both succumbed to their sleep.

 

 

---

 

 

Baekhyun groaned a bit as he fluttered his eyes open that morning. He tried to move his body, wanting to stretch but his movement was hindered by something. Or rather, someone. His eyes opened completely when he remembered that Chanyeol was sleeping in his arms last night and when he looked down, he was met with Chanyeol’s fluffy hair in his nose, making him scrunch his nose lightly.

 

Baekhyun lied there for some more minutes, enjoying his time watching Chanyeol snoring softly on his chest. He smiled as he peered down at Chanyeol’s face, watching as the giant scrunched his face lightly before his frown disappeared into a soft smile. Baekhyun wondered what dream the giant was having right now.

 

After some time just being there, Baekhyun then decided to get up and maybe prepared breakfast for once. He was sure that Chanyeol was tired from all the driving yesterday so it was only right to let the giant rest for some more. The brunette bit his lips as he moved Chanyeol very carefully, hoping that he wouldn’t disturb his sleep. Once he had managed to put Chanyeol’s head on a pillow, only then he could heave a relieved sigh. Baekhyun smiled softly as he ran his fingers through Chanyeol’s hair once before getting off the bed to make breakfast.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol let out a small grunt as he sat up, ruffling his hair as he struggled to keep his eyes open. He glanced at his side and he rubbed his eyes when he noticed that Baekhyun was not there. Feeling a bit discontent with the fact that he didn’t see Baekhyun first when he woke up (only now he realized how smitten he really was), Chanyeol quickly went out of the room and trudged down the stairs, stopping at the kitchen door when he saw something unexpected.

 

 

Baekhyun.. Baekhyun is cooking!

 

 

Chanyeol leant his body sideway to the wall and crossed his arms on his chest while he observed the midget moving around the kitchen. Chanyeol bit his lower lip to hold his laughter in as he watched Baekhyun looking at his phone once in a while (maybe looking at the recipe) before moving to proceed with his cooking. Chanyeol tiptoed a bit to try peeking at what the midget was cooking and he guessed that Baekhyun maybe was cooking simple fried rice for their breakfast.

 

After a while watching Baekhyun fumbling around with his cooking (he looked utterly adorable switching to look at his phone and his cooking), Chanyeol then strutted to the midget soundlessly, beaming wide when Baekhyun was too caught up in his cooking to notice.

 

“Morning, midget.”

 

A bit of the rice flew out of the pan as Baekhyun was startled when Chanyeol suddenly crept up behind him and greeted him right beside his ear, catching him off guard. Baekhyun put down the spatula in his hand and turned around to scold Chanyeol for shocking him, only to be stopped by a peck on his lips.

 

“Are you done? I’m hungry.”

 

Chanyeol’s lips were pulled up into a smirk a bit as Baekhyun stiffened up from that small kiss. Chanyeol himself could feel his ears turning red but still, it was such a good feeling to do that to Baekhyun. Seeing how Baekhyun froze in his spot, Chanyeol then reached around the midget to continue the cooking.

 

Baekhyun snapped out of his trance when Chanyeol moved and he quickly held Chanyeol’s arm to stop him. Baekhyun looked up into Chanyeol’s eyes when the taller looked down at him and he felt himself flushing at that, so he pulled his hand away from Chanyeol’s arm.

 

“You just go sit and wait. I.. I’ll prepare it to you when I’m done.”

 

Chanyeol felt his heart thumped in his chest as he looked at Baekhyun’s sparkling eyes and he could just nod before walking to one of the chairs, facing Baekhyun so he could watch the latter. After a few minutes, Baekhyun seemed like he was done since he transferred the rice into two plates, ready to serve Chanyeol.

 

Baekhyun took a deep breath as he took his seat, looking at Chanyeol expectantly, hoping that the giant would like his cooking. Baekhyun pushed the plate closer to Chanyeol, silently urging him to eat as he waited with bated breath. Chanyeol glanced down at the fried rice in his plate and from the appearance, he had a sense that it would taste good but still, he knew to not put high hopes on it.

 

After glancing at Baekhyun once again, Chanyeol then decided to bring the spoon to his mouth, having his first taste of Baekhyun’s cooking. Chanyeol stiffened up when the food hit his taste bud and his gaze wandered to Baekhyun’s face as he chewed on the food slowly.

 

Baekhyun straightened up in his seat when he noticed Chanyeol’s reaction and he leant forward to Chanyeol, watching the taller with wide eyes. “Why, why, why? Is it not good? Does it taste bad?” Baekhyun was so nervous, even more when Chanyeol gulped his food with a tight face before he offered Baekhyun a smile, though Baekhyun could feel that it was a forced one.

 

“No, no, it’s very good. I like this so much.”

 

Chanyeol beamed at Baekhyun as he said those words and as to prove his point, the giant ate a spoonful of the fried rice once again, munching happily with a smile on his face. Baekhyun stared at the giant with a doubtful gaze because he knew how Chanyeol’s eye twitched slightly when he lied, and he was totally lying right now. He couldn’t deny how disappointed he was, because he truly put all his effort in cooking it but it just had to turn out to be like this.

 

I’m such a failure.

 

“I know it’s not good, stop lying.” Baekhyun whined a bit and he reached out to stop Chanyeol from eating, “Stop eating that. No, stop, Chanyeol! Don’t force yourself.” Baekhyun held onto Chanyeol’s arm but the giant fought back, continuing to eat the failed fried rice. “No, I’m not lying! It’s really good and I really like it!” Chanyeol insisted with his mouth full of rice, wanting desperately to convince Baekhyun but the midget wouldn’t have any of it.

 

He had seen how Chanyeol reacted just now and he wouldn’t let the taller eat those failed cooking anymore.

 

“No, stop it! You don’t have to force yourself like this.”

 

Baekhyun held onto Chanyeol’s hand with his both hands, effectively stopping the giant. Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun’s (teary) eyes and he couldn’t help but to smile at Baekhyun’s adorable pout right now. “Hey, it’s okay. You can try again.” Chanyeol said softly as he put his other hand on Baekhyun’s, patting it softly as an encouragement.

 

Baekhyun took a deep breath and gulped the lump in his throat, clearing his throat as he nodded at Chanyeol’s words. Chanyeol smiled and straightened up in his seat, going back to eat the fried rice. Baekhyun frowned when he saw that and he opened his mouth to scold the taller when Chanyeol cut him, “Why don’t you try to have a taste? It’d be a waste if you throw them away.”

 

Baekhyun wanted to rebut Chanyeol’s words, because it was no use to eat something not good but he stopped when Chanyeol just urged him to eat. Baekhyun then scooped up a bit of his fried rice, sulkily having a taste of his own failure. Baekhyun’s eyebrows were scrunched when he had a taste of it, chewing slowly on his own food and he turned to look at Chanyeol with narrowed eyes.

 

 

“This tastes just fine to me.”

 

 

Chanyeol, who was busy munching on his food happily, turned to look at Baekhyun with an almost-smiling face. “Well, I did tell you that your fried rice tastes good, right?” Chanyeol shrugged his shoulders once, “You are the one who concluded that it was bad.”

 

Baekhyun’s mouth fell open when he heard that and he couldn’t do anything except letting out an unbelievable scoff. Baekhyun finally lost it when Chanyeol ended up laughing at his pissed face, slapping the table with his hands as he laughed.

 

“Yah, you tricked me! How dare you, you Yoda?!”

 

Baekhyun yelled as he took a napkin on the table and threw it to Chanyeol, which didn’t affect anything at all to the laughing giant. Chanyeol felt bad for laughing, but he couldn’t just stop it. Baekhyun was so annoyed that he leant forward to hit the taller, and Chanyeol just helplessly put up his hands as a defense against Baekhyun’s (painless) hits.

 

“Okay, okay, I’m sorry. I’m sorry, really!”

 

Chanyeol held onto Baekhyun’s wrists, stopping the smaller, who looked extremely angry right now. The giant chuckled softly as he looked at Baekhyun, offering his sweetest smile to apologize to the smaller. “I’m so sorry for that, but I can’t help it. Your reaction is too cute.”

 

Baekhyun huffed angrily when he heard that, because he really was nervous and he really wanted the best for Chanyeol. It was the first time he tried this hard to cook for someone. Feeling annoyed, Baekhyun tried to tug out his wrists out of Chanyeol’s hold, but the taller had seen it coming and he has tightened his hold on Baekhyun, not wanting the smaller to escape.

 

“Hey, I’m really sorry.” Baekhyun turned his face away from Chanyeol, wanting to sulk but damn Chanyeol’s long hand, he had managed to reach for Baekhyun’s chin and made the midget turned his face towards him again. “I really appreciate your hard work.” Chanyeol then grinned at the smaller, “You don’t know how happy I am seeing you this worked up on doing something for me. My heart,” Chanyeol looked down as he smiled bashfully before looking up at Baekhyun again. “..It is beating so loud that I’m afraid you’d hear it.”

 

Baekhyun also felt his heart started to beat faster when Chanyeol said those words while looking straight into his eyes, knowing that whatever Chanyeol was saying now was true and it was from the deepest corner of his heart. Chanyeol flashed Baekhyun his sincerest smile, holding his gaze onto Baekhyun’s since he wanted the smaller to know that he was being true.

 

“Thank you, Baekhyun.”

 

Chanyeol whispered those words and he brought both Baekhyun’s hands close to his lips, kissing the knuckles of Baekhyun’s both hands as his token of gratitude. Baekhyun swore he could feel the tingling feels on his hands, even after Chanyeol had looked up at him and he knew he couldn’t stay mad to this person that had a hold on his heart.

 

 

 

Damn you, Park Chanyeol.

 

 

 

Damn you for making me fall this hard for you.

 

 

---

 

 

It had been days since that day, and it was safe to say that Baekhyun and Chanyeol had gotten even closer as time passed by. They had taken the time spent together to know more about each other, to learn more about each other. And they found themselves falling more and more for each other.

 

 

 

“Do you know this one?”

 

Chanyeol asked as he plucked the strings of his guitar, raising an eyebrow as he looked at Baekhyun, challenging the smaller to sing the song that he played.

 

They both were sitting at their house patio, just enjoying their time talking and singing together in the hot summer breeze. Since they were both too lazy to get out in the hot weather, they both always thought of a way to spend their time together and having fun together, even in their house.

 

Baekhyun scrunched his eyebrows as he listened to the melody more and he racked his brain, trying to figure which song it was, since it sounded so familiar. After a few seconds, Chanyeol’s mouth was pulled up into a smile when he saw Baekhyun perking up, seemingly remembering what song was it. Baekhyun closed his eyes as he swayed lightly to the music and when it was time for the chorus, he opened his mouth to let out the most beautiful voice that Chanyeol had ever heard.

 

 

 

I will love you and love you and love you

Gonna hold you and hold you and squeeze you

I will please you, for all time

 

I don’t wanna lose you and lose you and lose you

Cause I need you I need you I need you

So I want you to be my lady,

You’ve got to understand

 

My love

 

Baekhyun opened his eyes as he hit the high note, looking at Chanyeol who was also looking at him at the same time, always with the same mesmerized look in his eyes. They both smiled to each other before Baekhyun continued his singing.

 

You are beautiful, beautiful, beautiful

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful boy

Yeah

 

Chanyeol chuckled a bit at the change of the lyrics and the teasing wink that Baekhyun gave him, before he too joined in harmonizing with Baekhyun’s voice at the last verse.

 

You’re beautiful, beautiful, beautiful,

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful

Boy~

 

Chanyeol finished the song with a few more plucks on the guitar strings – which he messed up a bit, and Baekhyun ended up cringing his face teasingly at that. Baekhyun clapped his hands as he listened to Chanyeol finishing the notes of the song, beaming wide at Chanyeol as he was with their little duet just now.

 

Chanyeol said a small thanks to Baekhyun when the latter handed him his juice after the song ended. Chanyeol sighed gratefully to the cold feeling washing over his throat when he gulped the juice down. The taller then put away the glass on the table in front of them and he hugged his guitar, propping his chin on it as he looked at Baekhyun.

 

“Tell me, why aren’t we like this from the start?”

 

Baekhyun almost choked on his drink when Chanyeol asked him that and he looked at Chanyeol with an offended face. “You are the one who don’t like me. You always said that I am annoying and you don’t want to be near me.”

 

Chanyeol laughed as he leant back to the chair, mindlessly strumming his guitar as he narrowed his eyes to Baekhyun. “But you are the one who called me Yoda. Remember our first meeting? That was so not nice of you to call me that, just because of my ears.”

 

Baekhyun’s mouth fell open and he put away the glass before turning his whole body to face Chanyeol and sitting cross legged on the chair. “I told you that I like your ears.” Baekhyun unconsciously whine with his mouth pouting, further making Chanyeol cooing inwardly at his cuteness. Baekhyun huffed once, “And I told you that Yoda is my favorite character, that’s why I call you Yoda.” Baekhyun narrowed his eyes at Chanyeol and pursed his lips, “You are the salty one. It’s not my fault.”

 

Chanyeol’s eyes widened at Baekhyun’s words and he scrunched his eyebrows at the smaller. “Hey, I was so self-conscious about my ears, of course I wouldn’t like it when you call me that.” Baekhyun’s face softened when he heard that and he looked down, fiddling with his fingers. “Well then, I’m sorry. But I really like them and you look really handsome with those ears of yours.” Chanyeol was a bit taken aback when Baekhyun looked up at him with a bit of blush on his cheeks. “I guess, your ears are the reason why my eyes are gravitated to you. So,” Baekhyun cleared his throat and he looked away slightly, looking so shy and so bashful. “..Don’t be embarrassed of them. Just love them, like how I do.”

 

 

Damn, he’s so cute I can’t contain my feels.

 

 

Chanyeol bit his lower lip to refrain himself from squealing out loud there and he took a deep breath to stop himself from smothering Baekhyun with kisses right there and then. He took notice of how red Baekhyun’s ears were, the colors now spreading down to his neck and also up to his cheeks, making him look extremely adorable in Chanyeol’s eyes.

 

Chanyeol tightened his hold on his guitar as he tried to peek at Baekhyun’s eyes, which the latter just averted his gaze away from Chanyeol, maybe feeling embarrassed with his words just now. Chanyeol’s cheeks were now hurt with how wide he was smiling, feeling his heart warmed up at the comforting words Baekhyun had given him just now, that he couldn’t help but to tease the midget.

 

“Do you love my ears..” Chanyeol trailed off the question with his deep voice, pulling Baekhyun’s attention a bit as the midget glanced at him with his droopy eyes. “..or do you love me?”

 

Baekhyun’s droopy eyes went as big as saucers when the question escaped Chanyeol’s mouth and in reflex, the midget just sprang up from his seat, the blush in his face now was even more apparent. “I.. I.. I need to go to the toilet. Bye.”

 

Chanyeol could just only blink when Baekhyun flee away from there, looking so flustered and adorable. Chanyeol then leant back to his seat with a wide smile on his face, feeling his insides tingling and just so happy that he could run around giving hugs to random people to show how happy he was now. The giant tried hard to control his mouth but he could just help it, he couldn’t hide and he couldn’t stop the smile spreading on his face because he was on cloud nine.

 

He could only chuckle as he strummed his guitar to the song that was in the process of creation, the one that he produced with that someone in his mind as he stared up into the bright, blue sky. It was crazy how he could only see Baekhyun’s face every time he looked up at the sky – a proof that he was far in too deep into Baekhyun.

 

 

And finally, Chanyeol realized that he had found the perfect words to put in the lyrics to his song now.

 

 

 

 

Hello angel,

You are like a painting

Every time I look at the sky

I think of you.

 

 


im really sorry for this crappy chap orz

i took a very long time to finish this chap bcs idk how to fluff ;;;;;;

this is not the best chap but this is the only thing i can write

so i hope you guys can still enjoy this

 

i'll do better for the next chap :)