Bonus : 2

Be My Husband

               

“Yeol?”

 

“Hm?”

 

Chanyeol hummed distractedly as a reply, content with the feeling of Baekhyun’s fingers running through his strands of black locks as his gaze was fixed on the TV. The giant was sitting in between Baekhyun’s stretched legs, leaning back onto Baekhyun’s chest while the smaller kept on caressing him. They both were just chilling on the floor while leaning against the couch on a weekend night, after a week of being busy with work, enjoying a movie that Chanyeol’s been obsessed over since forever – Zootopia.

 

Chanyeol scrunched his forehead when Baekhyun stayed quiet after that, so he turned his head to look up at his husband, not wasting the chance to leave a peck on Baekhyun’s chin. “What is it, Baek?” Chanyeol inquired softly, a bit weirded out that Baekhyun was being quiet.

 

Sensing that it could be a serious matter, Chanyeol pulled his body away from Baekhyun’s before turning around to face Baekhyun. Chanyeol tilted his head as he tried to catch Baekhyun’s gaze, “What’s wrong, Baek?”

 

Baekhyun finally looked back at him, his lips nervously as he took Chanyeol’s hands in his. Chanyeol waited patiently as he looked at Baekhyun taking in a deep breath, seemingly wanting to calm himself down. Chanyeol was a bit nervous; not knowing what was the matter that got Baekhyun that anxious.

 

Gulping the lump in his throat, Baekhyun finally braced himself as he stared straight into Chanyeol’s brown, almond eyes. “Um, Yeol, what.. what do you think of having a.. baby?” Baekhyun his lips once again as he looked at Chanyeol with his eyes wide and bright, nervous on how Chanyeol would react to his question.

 

“A.. baby?” Chanyeol’s eyebrow was raised high, not in an intimidating or an angry way, but more towards.. confused? Stunned?

 

Baekhyun nodded his head confidently at Chanyeol, “Yes, a baby. What do you think of having a baby, with me?”

 

Chanyeol was silent for a while, being in a deep thought. Baekhyun waited patiently for the taller’s answer, occasionally rubbing his thumb on the back of Chanyeol’s hand in comforting manner.

 

Chanyeol heaved a deep sigh once, taking Baekhyun by surprise. The smaller straightened up his body when he heard Chanyeol’s sighing, his hold onto Chanyeol’s hands unconsciously tightened up.

 

“W-Why are you sighing? Do you.. You.. You don’t want it?” Baekhyun asked with a small voice, disappointment was b through all his actions that made Chanyeol freak out a bit.

 

“N-No, Baek, of course I want to. I’d love to have children with you.” Chanyeol quickly stopped Baekhyun before the brunette could think of anything else. Chanyeol pulled Baekhyun’s hands close to his lips to leave kisses on the smaller’s knuckles affectionately, pulling a small smile from the latter.

 

“So, why are you sighing?” Baekhyun stared up at Chanyeol, blinking his eyes curiously.

 

“Um, Baek, I…,” Chanyeol was hesitating, but with an assuring nod from Baekhyun, he tried to let out his thoughts. “Baek, I do want to have children with you, I’m dying to have our own little version running around the house and all, but..”

 

Baekhyun’s eyebrows were raised, feeling his heartbeats quickened with how Chanyeol was dragging things. “But..?”

 

Chanyeol let out a big sigh once, decided to just go with what he wanted to say. “But Baek, if you haven’t noticed, we are both males; we don’t have the capability of bearing children. We can’t get pregnant, so it’s impossible for us to have a child- Ouch, that hurts!”

 

Baekhyun pressed his lips in a thin line, clenching his jaw as he pulled hard on Chanyeol’s big ear. He hissed hard when Chanyeol started to pout and whine, flailing as he tried to pull Baekhyun’s fingers off his ear.

 

“You idiot Yoda, of course I know that we can’t get pregnant! I’m talking about adoption, Chanyeol, adoption!”

 

Chanyeol who had been trying to pull Baekhyun’s fingers off his ears halted in his movements, blinking his eyes when he finally realized what Baekhyun actually meant.

 

“Oh. Oh. Oooh. Um,.. hehe,” Chanyeol grinned dumbly at Baekhyun, which the latter just replied with a shake of his head. Seeing that Chanyeol finally understood him, Baekhyun released Chanyeol’s ears and rubbed it again in apology, tsk-ing in the process.

 

“You’re such an idiot,” Baekhyun grumbled out, pulling on Chanyeol’s ear once again just for a good measure.

 

Chanyeol let out a whine once, before grinning again at Baekhyun, “Well, I’m your idiot.”

 

Baekhyun just rolled his eyes at that, before he cupped Chanyeol’s face in his palms and staring straight into Chanyeol’s eyes, “So, what do you think about that? Would you.. Do you want to have children with me?”

 

Chanyeol just smiled widely, turning his head to leave a kiss on Baekhyun’s palm. “Wait here,” The taller said before getting up from the floor, leaving Baekhyun all dumbfounded on the floor. The giant then came back with his laptop in his hands, taking back his seat beside Baekhyun and pulling the latter closer to him.

 

Baekhyun curiously looked at the laptop, wanting to know what’s the relation of the laptop and their discussion.

 

Baekhyun then felt tears started to brim at the edge of his eyes, when Chanyeol opened up his bookmark page, which was filled with websites of orphanages nearby them and also pages on queries about process of adoption.

 

Chanyeol smiled warmly at the sight of Baekhyun choking up on his tears, so he put away the laptop on the coffee table before turning to pull Baekhyun onto his lap, rubbing on Baekhyun’s back to calm the smaller down.

 

Chanyeol wrapped his arms tight around Baekhyun’s waist, pulling the smaller even closer into his warm embrace as he leaned to whisper into Baekhyun’s ear. “I’ve been waiting for the right time to ask you, but you’ve beaten me to it,” Chanyeol chuckled, making Baekhyun chuckle softly too into Chanyeol’s neck.

 

“Of course I’d love to, Baek. Having a family with you is the thing that I wish the most in this world.”

 

Baekhyun pulled away from the hug to cup Chanyeol’s face in his hands again, a drop of tear rolling down his cheek as he felt extremely touched and content with what Chanyeol had said. Baekhyun let out the most beautiful smile that Chanyeol had ever seen before he leaned in and kiss Chanyeol full on the lips, expressing his happiness and gratitude in that one heartfelt kiss.

 

Chanyeol smiled into the kiss as he pulled Baekhyun onto his lap, tilting his head as he nibbled on Baekhyun’s lips, letting out a small sigh as he took in the sweetness of Baekhyun’s lips that he would never get tired of.

 

Once they were out of breath, they pulled away from the kiss with same bright smiles on their faces, pure happiness and affection painted on both their faces. Baekhyun then leaned once again to leave trails of kisses on Chanyeol’s forehead, down to his eyes, nose, cheeks, chin and finally his red, petal-shaped lips once again.

 

Baekhyun grinned widely as his fingers toyed with the hair on the back of Chanyeol’s head, “Soooo,” Baekhyun trailed off, a naughty smirk pulled up on his face.

 

Chanyeol’s eyebrow was raised at that naughty smile on Baekhyun’s face, knowing already what was on Baekhyun’s mind. “Hm, so?”

 

Baekhyun let out a chuckle, “So, wanna try for a baby?”

 

Chanyeol’s lips were pulled up into a small smirk at Baekhyun’s suggestion, “With all pleasure, Baek.”

 

Baekhyun let out a shriek when Chanyeol suddenly got up – which he stumbled a little bit from Baekhyun’s weight as he lifted the smaller along. Baekhyun wrapped his legs tightly around Chanyeol’s waist and his arms were wounded tight around Chanyeol’s neck, letting out a laugh when Chanyeol wasted no time in getting into their bedroom.

 

Both of them wished that they’d get cute babies, just like them.

 

---

 

“Okay, everyone, dont forget to practice some more on what we’ve learned today. Till the next class,” Baekhyun smiled wide as he nodded his head to his students, waving as they all huddled out of the vocal room while thanking him.

 

“You look extremely bright today, Teacher Park. What made you so happy?”

 

Baekhyun looked up when Mark, one of the trainees, stopped on his way out to ask him the question. Baekhyun put a finger to his lips as he chuckled to himself, “Is it that obvious?”

 

Mark blinked his eyes at the sight of his cute teacher, amazed that the vocal trainer could be so cute even though he’s older than him. “Ah, yes, you have always looked radiant but today, you just look even more cheerful and bright.”

 

Baekhyun chuckled once again at Mark’s words before shaking his head, “Nothing, I’m just in a good mood today.”

 

“Well, okay, if you say so, sir. I’ll be going first,” Mark thanked Baekhyun and bowed to the older before taking his leave. The young male however was surprised when he opened the door, only to met with a tall, tough body standing just outside the door.

 

Mark looked up and flushed a bit when he saw that it was the famous composer in the company. Mark bowed once to Chanyeol before he looked back at Baekhyun, “Teacher, your husband is here.”

 

Baekhyun perked up at that, his smile got even more wider and brighter that Mark felt like he could be blinded by it. “Okay, thank you, Mark,” Baekhyun smiled and watched as Mark went out of the room, before Chanyeol came in with a smile.

 

“Hey midget, are you done?”

 

Baekhyun just rolled his eyes when Chanyeol reached him and left a kiss on his temple, looking down at him with a small smile on his face. “Yes, I’m done, Yoda.” Baekhyun stuck out his tongue at his husband, which pulled a loud laugh from Chanyeol. The taller just pulled on Baekhyun’s nose fondly before he reached down to intertwine his hand with Baekhyun’s.

 

“Let’s go?”

 

Baekhyun smiled as he felt Chanyeol’s thumb brushing on the back of his hand. “Yeah, let’s go.”

 

 

---

 

 

“Baek, we are here.”

 

Chanyeol softly said as he parked the car and noticing that Baekhyun was staring blankly into space. Chanyeol frowned when Baekhyun let out a small shaky breath, so he pulled off his seatbelt and turned his body to look at his small husband.

 

“Hey midget, you okay? What’s wrong?”

 

Chanyeol helped Baekhyun to pull off his seatbelt before grabbing onto Baekhyun’s hands, feeling his heart hurting when he noticed how cold Baekhyun’s hands were. He noted how Baekhyun’s droopy eyes started wavering, understanding what the smaller was feeling right now.

 

He too was nervous, but he needed to be stronger for both of them.

 

“I- I’m nervous. What if.. What if we’re not fit to be parents? W-What if I can’t be a good father? This.. This is not a joking matter, we’re making a very big decision here. I’m-“

 

“Baekhyun,” Chanyeol interrupted the elder’s rant softly, cupping Baekhyun’s cheeks with his big palms warmly and softly making Baekhyun to look at him. He wiped the tears that brimmed at Baekhyun’s eyes, “We talked about this, Baek. I know, this is a very big deal, but we have each other, don’t we?”

 

Baekhyun in a deep breath at Chanyeol’s words, nodding his head as that was true – they had each other. Chanyeol then narrowed his eyes playfully at Baekhyun, “You’re not going to leave me to deal with the cryings, diapers, hyperactiveness, rebellions and all those things alone later, right?”

 

His question somehow had managed to pull out a soft chuckle from Baekhyun, and hearing that beautiful laugh still managed to make Chanyeol’s heart skip a beat. “Of course I won’t, you big baby,” Baekhyun laughed as he leant forward to hug Chanyeol, the taller’s long arms surrounding him warmly.

 

They stayed in the embrace for a long time, just having each other in the moment before Baekhyun broke it with a small voice. “We’re going to do fine, right?” Chanyeol smiled a bit and he turned his face to take a whisp of Baekhyun’s strawberry scent, “We will, Baek, we will.”

 

They pulled away from each other with smiles on their face, Chanyeol reaching out to wipe the tears at the corner of Baekhyun’s eyes. “Besides, we have mom and dad with us, and all those godfathers that our child we have. We’ll do our best, Baek.”

 

Baekhyun nodded as he agreed with Chanyeol’s words, “Yes, we’ll do our best, Yeol.”

 

 

---

 

 

“I’m glad you can make it, Mr Park.”

 

Chanyeol smiled and he guided Baekhyun by his lower back to the awaiting lady, the one who managed the orphanage, Mrs Lee. “Nice to meet you, Mrs Lee,” Chanyeol replied as he shook hands with the lady who was in her fifties, but still looking elegant and nice. “This is my husband, Park Baekhyun.”

 

Baekhyun flashed the soft-looking lady a sweet smile as he reached out for a handshake, blushing a bit when the lady suddenly cooed at him. “You are so handsome, Mr Park. You look as cute as my kids here.”

 

Chanyeol and Mrs Lee laughed when Baekhyun became too bashful and hiding his face on Chanyeol’s shoulder, a small whine coming out from his mouth. Mrs Lee apologized with a small chuckle as to not further embarrass the poor guy and decided to proceed with their purpose that day.

 

“This way, gentlemen.”

 

Chanyeol and Baekhyun stared into each other’s eyes for a moment, taking in a deep breath as they locked their fingers together and took their first step into the next level of their lives.

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol and Baekhyun smiled fondly as they watched kids running around at the playground, as it was their playtime. The kids were ranging from 4 to 13 years olds; some have been there since forever, some were newly sent there. Baekhyun felt his heart ached when he heard Mrs Lee told them about the unfortunate stories of those little angels.

 

There were some of them who were sent there after their parents were dead and no one was willing to take care of them. Some of them were even left just in front of the orphanage, without even being properly sent there. Baekhyun felt a pang in his heart. How could people have the heart to neglect all these beautiful children? Oh, how Baekhyun wished that he could smother all the kids there with love.

 

Their talk was interrupted when suddenly a loud cry broke out. Mrs Lee became alerted and she quickly rushed towards one of the nearby room. Baekhyun and Chanyeol looked at each other before deciding to follow Mrs Lee, trailing close behind her. They found themselves in a room, with cots arranged in two rows, which were occupied with small babies ranging from two months old until one year old.

 

Baekhyun and Chanyeol cooed inwardly at all the cute babies, each one of them was being attended by a worker there. Their attention however shifted back to the source of the cry, which was now in Mrs Lee's hands. Baekhyun started to step towards Mrs Lee, Chanyeol following close behind him.

 

Baekhyun felt his heart was wrenched in sadness when he noticed the baby that Mrs Lee was holding - a very cute and small baby girl, maybe 5 months old - was crying helplessly in Mrs Lee’s arms. Her face was red as was opened with a loud shrill cry, not even showing any sign of stopping. Mrs Lee was rocking her back and forth, softly patting and rubbing her back but she didn’t seem to be stopping any soon.

 

Baekhyun turned to Chanyeol worriedly, the taller looking at him with the same worry in his eyes as they both stood quietly behind Mrs Lee, not knowing what to do. Mrs Lee kept shushing the baby, some of her workers looking at her with anxiousness, all were worrying at how hard the girl was crying.

 

Baekhyun was bouncing on his heels by now, feeling restless as he noticed that the baby was crying too hard. Not getting to hold it back any longer, Baekhyun stepped closer to Mrs Lee and softly touched her shoulder.

 

“Mrs Lee, may I hold her?” Baekhyun asked with a soft voice. Baekhyun gulped as he saw Mrs Lee being hesitant about his request. “But she’s crying too hard. I don’t want to burden you,” Mrs Lee reasoned, which Baekhyun just denied.

 

“Let me try, please. I’m.. I feel worried,” Baekhyun pleaded, hoping that he could hold the girl and comfort her. She was crying too hard, even thrashing in Mrs Lee’s arms despite her small body. Mrs Lee seemed to be thinking for a while, before she finally handed the cute girl into Baekhyun’s awaiting arms.

 

Baekhyun felt his heart swell when he finally could take a hold of the baby girl, holding her close to his chest and embracing her tight. Baekhyun was nervous at first, but he felt better when Chanyeol stepped closer to him, wrapping his arms around Baekhyun from the back and supporting the baby too by holding onto Baekhyun’s arms.

 

Baekhyun could feel the burning heat emanating from the baby’s skin, showing how she high her fever was. It might be the reason why she was crying and acting up, and Baekhyun became even more worried. He however started to rock the baby in his hands to calm her down, with Chanyeol’s big hand caressing her head affectionately.

 

The baby didn’t seem to want to quiet down and both Baekhyun and Chanyeol were anxious. Baekhyun then maneuvered the baby so that he can lean her head on his shoulder and started humming to a tune softly into her ears.

 

Hearing the familiar tune that Baekhyun was humming – which was the lullaby that they both created for their future children – Chanyeol started to hum to it too, while leaning to leave a soft kiss on the baby’s head. They both swayed softly with the baby, humming the lullaby softly and eventually, the baby started to quiet down, only her hiccups could be heard after.

 

Baekhyun turned his head to leave soft kisses to be baby’s ear and soft cheeks, feeling a warmth spreading in his heart as he could hear the baby soft whines against his shoulder. Chanyeol smiled softly at the sight in front of him and he couldn’t resist but to lean down to leave a kiss on Baekhyun’s temple and also the little girl’s cheeks.

 

They both smiled as the girl finally fell into a sleep, her head was comfortably tucked under Baekhyun’s chin as she breathed out evenly. Both Chanyeol and Baekhyun however couldn’t stop raining kisses onto the girl, pulling out soft whines from her in her sleep, that put wide smiles on both of their faces.

 

“She looks perfect being in your arms.”

 

Baekhyun and Chanyeol were both startled from the comment, seemingly forgot that there were other people with them there. They both were being too caught up with the little girl that they didn’t even remember that Mrs Lee was also standing there with her workers.

 

Mrs Lee flashed them a soft motherly smile, though she seemed a little sad. She then started to talk again.

 

“Her name is Byul. We found her two nights ago, in a box just outside the gate, shaking with only a small piece of clothing covering her.”

 

Baekhyun and Chanyeol simultaneously let out a gasp at that, looking down at the girl with a frown on their faces, thinking how the cute little girl shouldn’t have gone through that.

 

“Since the night we took her in, she had always been crying. We tried to do anything to calm her down, but she wouldn’t calm down and kept on crying.” Mrs Lee let out a sigh as she stepped closer to caressed the baby’s small body. “This is a first where she quiets down before she sleeps. Usually, she would just fall asleep because she was too tired from crying.”

 

Baekhyun and Chanyeol felt their hearts ached at Mrs Lee’s words, Baekhyun unconsciously hugging her closer to his chest to provide her with all the love and warmth she deserved.

 

“She is 7 months old already, but she’s too small for her age,” Mrs Lee added with a shake of her head, feeling remorse at the poor little girl’s luck.

 

“She’s already 7 months old?” Baekhyun asked with a soft voice, not wanting to disturb the little girl’s sleep but still, everyone could hear the disbelief in his voice. The baby was too small and too light to be a 7-month-old.

 

“Do her parents left anything along with her?” Chanyeol inquired softly, his big hand kept on playing with the little hair that the baby had.

 

“There was only a note in the box, stating her name and an apology from her mother because she can’t afford to take care of her.”

 

Both Chanyeol and Baekhyun let out a sigh, feeling sad for the poor girl but still, they were grateful to know that the mother didn’t leave Byul there because she didn’t want her, but only because she had financial issue. At least, Byul was loved by her mother that she decided to leave Byul in better hands.

 

Baekhyun turned to look at Chanyeol when the taller put a hand on his shoulder.

 

One look at Chanyeol and Baekhyun already knew what the taller was asking him. Baekhyun looked down to the girl in his arms and leaned down to peck the top of her head, feeling his heart swell in happiness as he took in her nice fragrance. Watching as her small eyes fluttering in her sleep, and how she snored softly as she snuggled deeper into his chest, Baekhyun knew already what his heart wanted.

 

Baekhyun looked up at Chanyeol with a soft smile, nodding his head at the taller, which pulled out a fond smile on Chanyeol’s lips. Chanyeol leaned down to peck Baekhyun’s head before he looked back at Mrs Lee,

 

“We would like to have Byul in our small family.”

 

Mrs Lee smiled at the husbands, watching how they both smiled sincerely as they craddled Byul in their warm embrace. “Of course. I’m sure Byul will lead a wonderful life with you both as her parents.”

 

Baekhyun and Chanyeol smiled wider at Mrs Lee’s words, both turning to look at the sleeping girl in Baekhyun’s hands before they both leaned down to kiss her.

 

“Welcome to our family, Park Byul. Dad and Daddy love you.”

 

Byul stirred from her sleep at the attention she received, blinking her eyes open softly as she looked curiously at the two faces looking at her. Baekhyun and Chanyeol felt that their hearts couldn’t pound harder that this – the moment Byul’s big eyes were staring at them earnestly.

 

But they were proven wrong.

 

They both felt like their hearts would explode when Byul suddenly let out the most beautiful smile that they had ever seen in their lives, a soft giggle coming out of as one of her hands was stretched out to touch Baekhyun’s cheek and the other one was grabbing onto Chanyeol’s nose.

 

The husbands that now had turned parents couldn’t stop the laugh that came out of their mouths at Byul’s cute action and they both leaned down to leave kisses on Byul’s soft cheeks, tears of happiness flowing down their cheeks at the new adorable addition of their family.

 

Both Baekhyun and Chanyeol knew, their life had completed now.

 

 

Byul would be the shining star,

that would light up both of their hearts.

 

 


a short chapter bcs i miss writing so much

but school has been hard on me so i cant do anything except to focus on my studies (and exo's comeback lol)

hope you guys like this and maybe you can suggest what scenarios that you guys would like to read after this

i can only write them when i have the time though hehehe 

anyway have a nice day and let's enjoy the grandest exo's comeback yehettt