Hurdle

Be My Husband

a very short update and un'beta'ed


 

 

It was just in a blink of an eye.

 

A second he was standing there, watching his husband being kissed by someone that he didn’t know, and the next second, Chanyeol was already standing behind the male, pulling him by the back of his collar to separate him from Baekhyun.

 

The stranger didn’t even get to do anything – he was shocked when he was harshly pulled and he didn’t even get to gain his footing before he suddenly was punched on his jaw, sending him stumbling back.

 

Almost everyone in the cafeteria gasped and turned around to watch the unexpected scene – because they all knew that Chanyeol was too nice to even hurt a fly. Yixing and Junmyeon grimaced at the fact that they didn’t manage to stop Chanyeol while Jongin and Sehun, who were lining up to buy their food, quickly ran to the scene when they noticed that the chaos was because of Chanyeol.

 

 

 

Baekhyun was dumbfounded when the stranger came and pecked him on his lips – yes, it was just a peck – and he still couldn’t comprehend what was happening when the stranger was pulled away from him. It was when he saw Chanyeol punching the guy right in front of him that Baekhyun finally got his mind back, too shocked at the sight of Chanyeol losing control of himself. Baekhyun and Kyungsoo shot up from their seats abruptly, gasping as they watched Chanyeol’s angry face and the pained stranger in front of them.

 

 

 

Chanyeol was heaving in anger – he had never felt this so much rage inside of his chest. The moment he saw Baekhyun was kissed by the stranger, he just felt this bubbling anger in his chest, waiting to be unleashed. He just couldn’t hold it because Baekhyun is mine! No one can kiss him other than me! His lips are just for me! He, is just for me! Not anyone else!

 

“Who the do you think you are?! Who gave you the permission to kiss Baekhyun, huh?!”

 

Chanyeol yelled at the stranger, who was holding his pained jaw, looking at Chanyeol with a frightened expression. The giant could see from the corner of his eyes that Jongin and Sehun were coming to hold him back but he wouldn’t have any of it, so he lunged towards the stranger once again, strangling the blonde male’s collar.

 

Chanyeol gritted his teeth as he ignored Baekhyun’s and his friends’ request for him to stop. He also knew that everyone was watching his irrational act right now, but Chanyeol couldn’t care less because all he knew was to give a lesson to this guy who had kissed his Baekhyun. The giant then held his fist high, ready to punch the male on his face once again.

 

“Yah, stop it!”

 

Almost everyone in the cafeteria, including Chanyeol, halted in their actions when they heard the very loud voice, booming across the walls of the cafeteria. Chanyeol whipped his head to his right when he heard the footsteps of the loud person coming to his direction. He was shocked when the shorter newcomer pushed him away from the blonde stranger, making him stumble back.

 

“Kris, are you okay?!”

 

Chanyeol could only blink in surprise when the shorter guy fussed over the tall blonde guy Kris, checking his jaw to see the harm done by Chanyeol while giving Chanyeol dirty glances. Chanyeol was not even angry now, just purely confused because of the sudden appearance of the shorter guy.

 

Apparently, everyone else was also bewildered by this chesire-looking male that no one was saying a thing.

 

“Chen, thank god you are here! This guy just punched me out of nowhere; I don’t even know what I did wrong!”

 

Chanyeol snapped out of his daze when he heard what Kris was sprouting on to that Chen guy and he almost leapt onto the guy to punch him again, if it was not for Sehun and Jongin that were now holding him back.

 

“Yah, you just kissed Baekhyun on his lips, and you said you don’t know what you did wrong?! Are you ing kidding me?!”

 

Kris was gaping when he heard Chanyeol’s words, couldn’t even see what the problem was that he had to be punched on his pretty face. Kris looked down at Chen in question, not understanding why it was such a big deal for this tall angry man when Kris kissed Baekhyun on the lips. Kris then looked at Chanyeol again in exasperation, “It was just a greeting kiss! What the hell is wrong with you?!”

 

Chanyeol’s eyebrows shot up in surprise at Kris’ answer, because he really couldn’t believe that nonsense. He opened his mouth to retaliate with what Kris said, but sadly, he was cut off by Baekhyun and Kyungsoo.

 

“Jongdae?”

 

“Is that you?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun and Kyungsoo froze when they heard the familiar loud voice, and they looked at each other with wide eyes. Their guess was proven right when they saw their long-lost best friend came running towards Chanyeol and the stranger to break them apart. Both Kyungsoo and Baekhyun blinked in surprise as they observed that person that they believed was Jongdae, feeling somehow uncertain since he looked much more matured and much more fashionable than the Jongdae that they knew from before.

 

Well, the last time they met was in high school; of course Jongdae would have looked different.

 

Baekhyun and Kyungsoo looked at each other once again and when Kyungsoo gave him a nod, Baekhyun opened his mouth to confirm their thought, didn’t even care about Kris and Chanyeol that were arguing right above their heads.

 

“Jongdae?”

 

Jongdae – or Chen – whipped his head when his name was called and his eyes widened a bit when he noticed the two males that looked exactly like his best friends. Kyungsoo then smiled when he saw the look, “Is that you?”

 

Jongdae covered his mouth with his hand, being in disbelief as he saw the two guys that he had missed so much. He had heard the angry guy said a familiar name just now, but he was not sure. So, he really heard it right just now, that man really just said Baekhyun’s name. Jongdae couldn’t stop the wide smile that was spreading on his face when Baekhyun and Kyungsoo rushed to him, both hugging him tight with loud squeals just beside his ears.

 

It had been such a long time since they contacted each other. After Jongdae had moved overseas, their contact were decreasing as times passed by – with Jongdae needing to make himself feel at home in the unfamiliar place while Kyungsoo and Baekhyun dealing with universities in Korea. That was why when Jongdae got this chance to go back to South Korea, he had rush to grab the chance and joined the exchange students program.

 

He didn’t expect to meet Kyungsoo and Baekhyun this fast, though. Not that he was complaining anyway.

 

“Oh my God, Jongdae!! We miss you so much!!!!”

 

“Do you know how empty it is without you here?! We miss you badly!”

 

Jongdae laughed whole-heartedly as he willed himself to be squished by his best friends, wrapping his arms around Baekhyun and Kyungsoo that were both in his arms. His heart felt full as he had these two important people in his arms, thanking the God that he still got this chance to meet them again.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol felt Sehun’s and Jongin’s hands that were holding him fell from the shock of seeing Baekhyun and Kyungsoo clinging onto the Chen guy. He noticed that Kris too was shocked for a while that he was being thrown away to the side, but the tall guy just stood there with a smile after, looking like he had anticipated the scene.

 

Chanyeol however was still dumbfounded because who is that guy? Why is Baekhyun and Kyungsoo clinging onto him like that? And they called him Jongtae.. or is it Jongdae? Just who is that?!

 

The giant was still observing the three of them, hearing Baekhyun’s and Kyungsoo’s squeals. It was a bit weird to see this much reaction from Kyungsoo, but that not was the focus for now. He was much more curious about the Chen guy, who was now hugging both Kyungsoo and Baekhyun so tightly.

 

Chanyeol was a bit jealous, and he knew Jongin too was a bit affected, if the way he gripped on Chanyeol’s sleeve could be any indicator.

 

“AH, I MISS YOU GUYS TOO!”

 

Chanyeol’s eyes widened when he heard Chen, or Jongdae, whichever it is, shouted with his loud voice. He was even more surprised when Baekhyun and Kyungsoo simultaneously turned their faces to kiss Jongdae on his cheeks.

 

But it couldn’t compete against how shaken Chanyeol was when he saw Jongdae turned his face to leave a peck on Baekhyun’s lips.

 

BAEKHYUN’S LIPS!

 

Chanyeol once again felt his chest burning in jealousy and he almost lunged forward, if it was not for Sehun and Jongin that were holding him. However, Jongdae once again had managed to surprise them all when he turned to leave a loud smack on Kyungoo’s heart-shaped lips, right after he had kissed Baekhyun.

 

And it was now Chanyeol’s turn to help Sehun to hold Jongin back, or else, Jongdae would have been beaten to a pulp right away.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Both Chanyeol and Jongin were still sulking when they were all seated at the table. Sehun was sitting between the two, rubbing on his friends’ backs to calm them down. Kris was at the head of the table, nursing his pained jaw with a pack of ice that was given by Junmyeon (Yixing and him had decided to go to their classes first after that) while Baekhyun, Kyungsoo and Jongdae were sitting across Chanyeol, still in their own little world as they chatted among themselves.

 

Based on what Chanyeol could gather from their conversation, it looked like Jongdae was a part of the BFFs and Kris had told them that Jongdae was called Chen in L.A since it was hard for their other friends to pronounce Jongdae.

 

 

 

 

“Ehem, don’t you guys want to introduce us?”

 

Sehun cleared his throat as he smiled up at the three best friends, knowing that both Chanyeol and Jongin couldn’t really say anything as they both were still fuming in anger. Baekhyun gasped apologetically as he palmed his own forehead, “Sorry, we totally forgot you guys.”

 

Sehun bit his lower lip to hold back his yelp of pain when Chanyeol gripped his left thigh, maybe he was annoyed with what Baekhyun had just said.

 

“It’s just.. It’s been so long since Jongdae went away, we just miss him so much.”

 

Kyungsoo just nodded as he listened to Baekhyun’s words. He then clasped a hand on Jongdae’s shoulder, patting him while smiling wide. “This is Jongdae, our BFF since we was in fourth grade.”

 

Sehun once again winced as he felt his right thigh was now gripped by Jongin, hearing the tanned male mumbling ‘he never smiles that wide when he is with me’, or something along the line. The maknae could just sigh mentally, hoping that he could escape this alive.

 

“And Jongdae, this is Jongin. He’s majoring in dance, together with Sehun here.”

 

Kyungsoo smiled wide as he motioned towards Jongin and Sehun with his hand, oblivious to the frown on Jongin’s face.

 

“Ahhh, I see. Nice meeting you guys.” Jongdae beamed as he reached out to shake Sehun’s and Jongin’s hand. And it didn’t really escape Jongdae’s eyes when he saw how annoyed Jongin looked right now. And the fact that Jongin was gripping his hand tight also proved that his hunch was right – that Jongin liked Kyungsoo.

 

Well, it’s kind of a best friend’s instinct thing.

 

“So, who is this tall yoda that had been punching my roommate Kris earlier?”

 

Jongdae stared straight at Chanyeol as he asked that, a small smile on his face though Chanyeol knew it was not really a smile. Chanyeol clenched his jaw as he narrowed his eyes at the guy that had Baekhyun all over himself – and also had called him yoda because only Baekhyun could call him that -, already starting to dislike that annoying curled up lips.

 

“Oh, Jongdae-ah, this is my husband, Chanyeol!”

 

Jongdae and Kris whipped his faces towards Baekhyun when they heard the word husband. Chanyeol just smirked smugly at Jongdae when he saw the stunned look on the shorter’s face, feeling proud at how Baekhyun enthusiastically introducing him.

 

“No wonder you were so angry. Well, I’m sorry, buddy but it seriously was just a greeting kiss. We do it all the time back in L.A.” Kris said as he smiled apologetically at Chanyeol. Chanyeol just hummed and nodded at that, acknowledging the apology.

 

Chanyeol however could feel something nagging at the back of his mind when Jongdae turned to look at him with a mischief glint in his eyes when his shock wore off and Chanyeol seriously didn’t like the way Jongdae’s mouth curling up into a small smirk.

 

“Oh, so you’re his husband?” Jongdae leant forward slightly, smirking even wider as he observed Chanyeol’s face. “But I think, Baekhyun must have a hard time to forget his first love. Aren’t I right, Baekhyunnie?” Jongdae turned to look at Baekhyun with a sincere smile now, making the brunette laughed as he knocked Jongdae on his head.

 

Chanyeol felt his eyes twitched at the sight of Baekhyun acting bashful like that and also at Jongdae’s words, feeling his anger started to boil again. “First love?” Chanyeol raised his eyebrow as he asked the two, which made him feel even more irritated when Baekhyun, Jongdae and Kyungsoo bursting out into a laugh.

 

Jongdae turned to Chanyeol, still laughing as he nodded. “Yes, Baekhyun’s first love.. a.k.a me!” Jongdae patted his own chest as he said that proudly, enjoying the way Chanyeol clenched his jaw and the way his eyes seem to harden when he glared at Jongdae. Baekhyun was oblivious to that all, still laughing as he was reminded again that Jongdae was his first boyfriend.

 

“Yah, why are you laughing so much? We were so sweet back then, right Soo?” Jongdae whined as he flicked Baekhyun softly on his chin, perfectly aware of Chanyeol’s glare on his little action.

 

Kyungsoo also broke out into a laugh, shaking his head as he was reminded back to those old days. It was such a great memory now, since Kyungsoo was no longer bitter about Baekhyun being in a relationship, almost like he had let Baekhyun go. Fully.

 

“Yeah, yeah, you guys were so cute back then that I want to puke every time I see you guys.” Kyungsoo answered playfully, unaware of Jongin’s burning gaze on him as the tanned male observed how smiley Kyungsoo was being right now. Unlike his usual cool and calm self when the owl-eyed guy was with him.

 

Sehun gulped when Chanyeol tightened his grip on Sehun’s thigh and the poor maknae was seriously hoping that he wouldn’t end up bleeding by now. He could only cry internally as he watched the three best friends laughing at their old memories, having fun together while Sehun was tortured, surrounded by two sulky and angry men by his sides.

 

“Yah yah yah Do Kyungsoo, you said you wanna puke?! Do you remember that I am your and Baekhyun’s first kiss, huh?”

 

Sehun winced out loud when it was now Jongin turned to clutch on Sehun’s thigh after Jongdae’s words, making him almost crying at the pain to his both thighs. He however sighed in relief when both Chanyeol and Jongin stood up abruptly, releasing their grips on Sehun. Their sudden move had managed to pull the three best friends from their conversation, making all eyes were both on the standing guys.

 

Jongin and Chanyeol however just glared at Jongdae once before they both walked away from the table and straight out of the cafeteria, leaving Sehun there to deal with Baekhyun and Kyungsoo’s questioning gaze. Meanwhile Jongdae just leant back to his seat with a satisfied smile, happy to torture the guys that wanted to be with his best friends.

 

Well, it might be too late to test Chanyeol since he’s already Baekhyun’s husband, but he thought that it wouldn’t hurt to tease them a bit. If they both wanted his best friends, it was only right for them to go through Jongdae first.

 

He’s Baekhyun’s and Kyungsoo’s best friend, anyway.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol was having a murderous aura blanketing his tall self as he walked with Jongin beside him, who was equally raging in fire. They both were just walking while mumbling curses under their breaths, making other students avoiding them and making a pathway for those angry men, afraid that they might anger them more.

 

“His first love? I don’t even care, Baekhyun’s mine now! He’s my husband, for God’s sake. To hell with his first love.”

 

“And what? He got Kyungsoo’s first kiss? Does he think I mind that? I’m going to have Kyungsoo’s future kisses anyway, just wait and see!”

 

They both were still grumbling under their breaths when they heard someone calling Chanyeol’s name. Chanyeol could feel himself starting to smile once again when he recognized the melodious voice and he turned around, feeling his heart beating loud when he saw Baekhyun running towards him.

 

He is going to comfort me, right? He realizes who is more important now, isn’t he? See Jongdae, he’s coming back to me anyway.

 

“Chanyeol-ah.”

 

Chanyeol caught Baekhyun in his arms when the brunette reached him, huffing from his little run to catch up with Chanyeol just now. Chanyeol could feel himself smiling already inside as Baekhyun took a deep breath and smiled up at him.

 

“Yeol-ah, I’m sorry.”

 

Chanyeol bit the inner of his cheek as he tried to hold back his smile, still wanting to play hard to get since he didn’t want to melt too fast for Baekhyun. And well, this was the time to see how cute Baekhyun would be when he tried to apologize to Chanyeol so he wouldn’t want to pass this chance to sulk a bit longer.

 

“I’m sorry that I can’t go back home with you today. Kyungsoo and I want to hang out with Jongdae after classes. You know, to catch up back on our lost times. And maybe we’ll be back late too, so don’t wait for me, okay.” Baekhyun smiled up innocently as he stepped closer to Chanyeol and pecked him on his cheek – on the cheek, for God’s sake – before pulling away with a beam.

 

“Oh, and Jongin, Kyungsoo said sorry too since he can’t go back with you today.”

 

And after he was done saying those words, Baekhyun quickly walked away again with a wave to the two, running cutely back to the cafeteria, leaving Chanyeol and Jongin standing there, stunned with the turn of event.

 

“I thought.. I thought he’s coming to comfort me.”

 

Chanyeol mumbled dazedly, still in shock as he unconsciously pouted while watching Baekhyun’s retreating figure. Jongin could only reach out to pat Chanyeol on his shoulder to calm his friend down, since he himself was dumbfounded with what Baekhyun said to him just now.

 

“Be grateful, Chanyeol.” Jongin mumbled the words under his breath, sighing heavily after. “Kyungsoo didn’t even come to see me.”

 

The two tall males could just stand there in a stupor, sympathizing with their own pitiful selves at the suffering they were experiencing now. Other students were only watching them with curious gaze, not knowing what was wrong with the two grown up men, who were looking so heartbroken while standing still in the middle of the stream of students.

 

 

 

 

“Say Jongin, what do you think about killing someone?”

 

“I think that’s such a great idea, Chan.”

 

“Okay, we’re going to kill someone tonight.”

 

“Call.”

 

 


 

p/s i thought of trolling you guys and use someone instead of kris, but yeah, galaxy hyung needs to make his appearance too lol

and im sorry that this update is shorter than other chaps but i just have to post something

tomorrow i'll go to my uni and after a week of orientation, classes will start ;-; so im not really sure when will i get to update since i need to settle down and all

but i'll try to update when i can ;-; 

pls wait patiently and thank you for reading this humble fic of mine :)

see ya when i see ya /waves/