First Meeting

Be My Husband

Timeskip to their third year in uni


 

Chanyeol sighed as he walked out of the class, having just finished his composition lesson. He waved bye to some of his classmates and fixed the strap of his backpack before making his way towards the carpark. 

It had already been his third year in university, and it was just one more year before he'd graduate and get to achieve his dream; being a successful composer. And all the years he had been there, he had made lots and lots of new friends - there's Junmyeon hyung from Music, Yixing hyung, Taemin and Minho from Sehun's and Jongin's classes and others - but still, he stuck close to Sehun and Jongin, his ultimate bestfriends. However, he was alone for today since both Sehun and Jongin were busy preparing for their dance showcase, which would be held in two weeks.

It felt awkward to walk alone; he felt like he was so open and so vulnerable towards any threat that might be coming his way. Sehun and Jongin were almost like his bodyguards - walking on his left and right side, protecting him from this one fatal threat, the one threat that would always be attacking him with -

 

"Yoda!!"

 

Yes, this is the threat that I'm talking about. 

 

Chanyeol was definitely not prepared when out of the blue, a weight came crashing into him from his left. The next thing he knew, he was sent flying down to the floor, the back of his head bumped pretty hard on the floor, and his breath was knocked out of his lungs with the heavy weight on his body. Chanyeol let out painful grunts at that and it took a moment for him to chase away the stars that he was seeing with his dazed eyes. 

Hissing loudly, Chanyeol looked at the person that was still lying on him and of course, the first thing that he saw was the mop of fluffy, brown hair that was not mistakenly only belonged to the midget Byun Baekhyun. Chanyeol was startled when Baekhyun pushed off his face from Chanyeol's chest and flashed Chanyeol his too bright smile, greeting him with a very cheerful voice.

 

"Hey, Yoda! How are you today?"

 

Chanyeol blinked in disbelief at Baekhyun's question. He could feel his blood rising at that and waste no time in pushing Baekhyun off him, making the smaller whimper in pain at the harsh push. Chanyeol sat up and rubbed his sore head, his eyes widened when he felt a bump already forming at the back of his head. 

 

"Yah, you don't have to push him that hard!"

 

Chanyeol looked up at the voice and saw Kyungsoo walking towards Baekhyun's direction, helping the brunette up while asking if he was okay. Chanyeol could just watch them with gaping mouth because hello, that midget jumped on me and also managed to form a bump at the back of my head and still I'm the one that is scolded? Where is the justice in this world?? Chanyeol could feel his eyes twitching when Baekhyun whined at Kyungsoo, saying that his elbow was hurt from Chanyeol's push and even asking the wide-eyed guy to blow on it.

 

Seriously??

 

Chanyeol humphed in annoyance and pushed himself off the floor, towering over the two smaller men in front of him easily. He glared at Baekhyun, feeling annoyed with the smaller. Yes, it all started with the whole yoda incident in their first year, but Chanyeol was not that petty to hold grudges for that long. Baekhyun had always made sure to tell him that he's being honest, that he really liked Chanyeol's ears. And Chanyeol acknowledged that (after being told the fact by Baekhyun for trillion times).

But Chanyeol couldn't help it. He himself didn't know why, but he was always irked whenever Baekhyun was near - when the latter offered him his too bright smile (which came together with the eyesmiles), when Baekhyun called Chanyeol Yoda with his sweet and melodious annoyingly loud voice, when Baekhyun laughed hard with his mouth opened wide, and when he pouted whenever Chanyeol brushed him off.

 

Those things ticked Chanyeol off and he didn't even know why.

 

Seeing that both Kyungsoo and Baekhyun were still in their own bubble, Chanyeol felt like he was being the third wheel now and that made him seeth in anger even more. This was one more thing that he couldn't comprehend; why would he feel angry whenever he saw Kyungsoo and Baekhyun so close together? Was it because Baekhyun got more annoying when he's with Kyungsoo? Or was it because Kyungsoo would always send him death glares whenever he see Chanyeol breathing the same air as Baekhyun was?

 

Chanyeol let out a groan when he felt the throbbing at the back of his head and he sent a death glare towards Baekhyun (who seemed like only now realised that Chanyeol was still there). Chanyeol just rolled his eyes and walked away quickly from the scene, thinking that he could already be driving his car back home right now, if it was not for Baekhyun who came and jumped onto him. 

 

"Chanyeol-ah, wait for me!"

 

Ignoring the calls from Baekhyun, Chanyeol quickened his walking pace, knowing that Baekhyun's short legs could never catch up with his long ones. Chanyeol turned his head around to look if Baekhyun was following him or not (it had happened numerous times already before), and sighed in relieve when he saw the midget was held back by his owl-eyed bestfriend. Without wasting any more time, Chanyeol quickly fled away to his car, wanting badly to end the day there.

 

Just as he stepped into his white Mercedes Benz (it was his mother's gift for his 20th birthday - his mother is rich, by the way), his phone went off and Chanyeol smiled when he saw the name of the caller. He picked up the call and brought his phone up to his ear, while starting up the engine, preparing to go home.

 

"Hello, mom. I'm going home now. Do you need anything?" 

 

"Oh, you are? No, I don't need anything. I just call to ask you if you're free tonight. Do you?" 

 

Chanyeol's eyebrow raised at that. It was rare for his mother to ask him this. Usually she would if there were special occassions and they needed to have dinner outside or something but Chanyeol was sure there was nothing special tonight.

 

"Sure, I'm free. Why, mom?" 

 

"I will have dinner with my old friend, so I want you to be my date. Will you spend your time with this old lady tonight?" 

 

Chanyeol chuckled at that and nodded, forgetting that his mother couldn't see him. He slapped his palm on his forehead lightly, "Of course, mom. Anything for the one and only lady in my life." 

 

"Great! See you at home and drive carefully, 'kay?"

 

Chanyeol hummed at that and said goodbye to his mother before putting the gear into drive and drove back home.

 

--- 

 

"Chan- Aish, he just walk straight away from me." 

 

"That's enough. Why would you follow him if you know that he'd not even look at you?"

 

Baekhyun couldn't stop the sudden creepy smile that showed up on his face at the question. He sighed dreamily and turned to look at Kyungsoo, who was watching him with his usual hard face (especially whenever they were talking about Chanyeol).

 

"You know that I've liked him since our first day here, right? I thought it's obvious enough."

 

Baekhyun let out a soft sigh, now staring into space. Kyungsoo was sure that he could almost see hearts in Baekhyun's eyes. 

 

"It's.. love at the first sight. I like him because of his ears. And now, when I get to know him, I fall in love even more. He is kind, he is handsome, he can sing, can play instruments, can compose music, he also loves to make people laugh with his jokes and always giving people strength by gifting his charming smile at them. He's perfect." 

 

Baekhyun then looked down at the floor and sighed heavily, a pout almost forming on his face. 

 

"I just wish he would smile at me too." 

 

Baekhyun was startled when Kyungsoo suddenly cupped his cheeks and brought his face up so they were looking at each other. He could feel Kyungsoo tracing his thumbs on his cheeks softly and the latter was staring at him with a gaze that Baekhyun himself couldn't decipher. 

 

"Baekhyun, I... I want to tell you that.. I.. I l-like.. Um, will you l-look at.. Uh, I.."

 

Baekhyun raised his eyebrow at Kyungsoo when the latter just stared at him, alomst like.. longingly? It's weird hearing Kyungsoo talked like this, because in all this while he had been knowing Kyungsoo (since they still kids who had snots running down their noses, up until now), Kyungsoo had never stuttered. Not even when he needed to talk in front of everyone. That was just how confidence Kyungsoo was. 

 

But why is he stuttering now?

 

"I.. Uh, nevermind. Just forget it." 

 

Baekhyun just eyed his bestfriend (who was acting really weird if he might say) with skeptical eyes and held Kyungsoo's hands, which were still on his cheeks. 

 

"With the way you're acting, I almost thought that are confessing to me. Haha, that'd be so weird, wouldn't it? Now come on, let's go before we miss the bus."

 

Baekhyun pushed both Kyungsoo's hands off his cheeks and held Kyungsoo's left hand in his right hand after, dragging the male towards the bus stop outside their university, unaware of how his bestfriend's face that had turned sour at his words.

 

---

 

"I'm home!" 

 

Baekhyun took off his shoes and put them on the shoerack before making his way inside. He tilted his head when he didn't see his mother in the kitchen nor the living room. 

 

Weird. Usually she'd be watching her favourite drama at this time.

 

Baekhyun then jogged up the stairs and decided to drop by his mother's room first to check on her. He knocked on the door two times before he heard a soft 'come in' from his mother. He opened the door and saw his mother leaning on the head board, looking so pale that her face were almost like a vampire's. 

 

"Eomma, are you sick?" 

 

Baekhyun quickly rushed to his mother's side, his hand automatically flying up to his mother's forehead to check on her temperature. His actions managed to pull out a smile from his mother, who in return had brought a hand to ruffle Baekhyun's hair softly. 

 

"I'm okay, Baekhyun-ah. It's just a headache. And I've taken medicine, so I'll be back in shape after getting some rest." 

 

Though he was still not assured by that, Baekhyun just nodded and pecked his mother on his cheek before helping her to lie down so that she could get some rest. Baekhyun halted his hands, which were fixing up the cover over his mother, when his mother held his hand softly, looking up at him from her lying position. 

 

"I have a dinner tonight with my old friend, the one that I just met again last month after such a long time. I've told you about her, right?" 

 

Baekhyun's eyebrows furrowed at that and he knelt down beside the bed, taking his mother's delicate hands in his slightly bigger ones. 

 

"Yes, you did. But eomma, you're not well. Can't you just postpone it?"

 

His mother smiled weakly, "We've been planning to meet since last month, I can't postpone it. Besides, I'm really eager to meet her. That's why I want you to accompany me tonight, if you don't mind." 

 

Baekhyun forced out a smile at his mother, though he totally did not agree with his mother's decision. But he couldn't stop her after she had said that she'd go. Baekhyun was a very stubborn man - once he said he liked something or that he would want to do something, no one could stop him. And guess from who he took after? Yes, he took after his beautiful mother, of course.

 

"Of course, eomma. I'll come with you." 

 

Baekhyun got up and kissed his mother on her forehead before getting out of the room, retreating to his own room to rest and maybe get his assignments done (if he felt like doing it, that's it)

 

 

 

 

 

Mrs Byun watched as her son walk out of the room and let out a heavy sigh. She put her hand under her pillow to retrieve the document that she had been hiding from Baekhyun - a document printed with 'Seoul Hospital' on it. She couldn't stop the tears that flowed down her cheeks after and sobbed into her hands, covering up his mouth, fearing that Baekhyun would hear her. 

 

Eomma is sorry, Baekhyun-ah. 

 

---

 

The four-star restaurant was already buzzing with people the moment Chanyeol and his mother reached there. Luckily, his mother had obviously made a reservation, so they just followed the waitress that led them to their reserved table. 

 

The restaurant was spacious - there were square tables for four and also round tables for more people, there was a small stage where a band was playing instrumental music (where Chanyeol was so much interested that he almost ran into a chair), and the whole place was bathed in soft orange lights, making the atmosphere looked romantic and so classy. 

Chanyeol was grateful that their table was at a corner, away from others but still, it had a great view of the band. Knowing his mother, she would of course get immersed in talking with her friend entirely later and the band was the only thing that Chanyeol hoped could entertain him later.

As they were the first to arrive, Chanyeol took a seat beside his mother and pulled out his phone to maybe check his Instagram or whatever, only to have his hand slapped away by his mother. He whined slightly but when he got a reprimanding glare from his mother, he shut his mouth up. He knew that his mother prohibited phones whenever they were eating, so he just put his phone back in his pocket.

 

"So, how's your day?" 

 

Chanyeol looked at his mother and shrugged, "Just like usual. It's a little bored, though. Jongin and Sehun got practices, so I was left alone." Chanyeol pouted at that, gaining a chuckle from his mother.

 

"What about that midget of yours?" Mrs Park smiled teasingly at Chanyeol, making the male frown in disgust. "Ew mom, he's not my midget. And he's so annoying, just like usual." He thought that he had enough of the annoying pup for today, so he tried to change the topic."Ah, anyway, who's your friend, mom? Do I know her?" 

 

Mrs Park tilted her head slightly, "No, I dont think you remember her. The last time you met her was when you were 5 years old, if I'm not mistaken. You and Hyunnie were so cute back then. Ah, I miss those moments." 

 

Chanyeol's ears perked up at the foreign name. "Hyunnie?" He scrunched his face, trying to remember who that person was, but he couldn't. Thinking that he'd remember eventually, he decided to just ask his mother another question about something that he had been curious about. "By the way, why did you guys lost contact?" 

 

Mrs Park's eyes brightened, "Hyunnie is your first bestfriend. You even told us you two wanted to get married when you grow up." Chanyeol just looked at his mother, mortified by her words. I said that? Chanyeol looked at his mother again when his mother sighed softly, seemingly reminiscing something sad. "Her husband passed away when you guys were almost six years old, and they moved out from their old house after that, that was why we lost contact. I just met her again last month, when I was doing my usual check up at the hospital."

 

Chanyeol just nodded his head at the answer, though he still didn't succeed in remembering this bestfriend of his. He however perked up when Mrs Park suddenly held up a finger, seemingly remembering something. "Oh, Hyunnie also goes to your university and is studying music. Maybe you had seen him before, I'm sure." 

 

Chanyeol's eyebrows furrowed at that. "I don't even remember him, mom. How should I know that?"

 

"Well, who knows that maybe -" 

 

Mrs Park's words were interrupted when a waitress came at their table, leading two newcomers to their table. Chanyeol heard his mother's excited exclaim when she saw her old friend, so he stood up too, to bow at the lady and her son, who was still hiding behind her.

 

"Yeonhee-ah! Hyunnie! Oh my, you've grown up a lot!"

 

Chanyeol stood up straight from his bow and saw that his mother was embracing the other guy, making it impossible to see his face. Though, Chanyeol could feel something churning in his stomach at the sight of the small stature and the oh-so-familiar hair. It couldn't be, right? He was snapped out of his reverie when he was suddenly pulled into warm arms, a soft voice was heard greeting him. 

 

"Yeollie-ah, how did you grow up being this tall, huh? You were so small before, look at how much you've grown up." 

 

Chanyeol just awkwardly smiled at the question and scratched the back of his neck after he was released from the hug, feeling heat creeping up his face at the attention. His shy smiled had pulled out a chuckle from his mother's friend, who reached out to ruffle his hair softly.

 

"Yeol-ah, meet your bestfriend, Hyunnie."

 

Chanyeol shifted his attention from the lady and turned to look at his so-called bestfriend when his mother asked him to. And to say that Chanyeol was shocked was an understatement. He was sure that his eyes almost popped out from their sockets when he finally get to see who the smaller man was.

 

"Midget?!"

 

"Yoda?!" 

 

The mothers could only watch their sons gaping at each other; both's eyes were wide and fingers pointing at each other in shock. 

 

---

 

They all thanked the waiter that came to place their orders and quietly started eating. It had been so awkward since the outburst of the sons before and to make it more awkward, they were seated across each other, next to their own mothers. They were just eating silently before the quiet atmosphere was broken by Mrs Park, who couldn't hide in her curiosity anymore.

 

"So, this is the 'midget' you've always told me about?"

 

"And, this is the so-called 'Yoda' that you've always been gushing about?"

 

Chanyeol and Baekhyun looked down as a sad attempt to hide their faces, as they were blushing from the roots to their tips at their mothers' questions. Both could only nod silently, hoping that the ground could just swallow them right away. It was embarrassing enough that they childishly told their mothers about each other, and now their mothers just had to let the cats out of the bags like that. 

They snapped their heads up when out of the blue, their mothers broke out into loud laughters, attracting the attentions of the other customers. Both tried to stop their mothers, but to no avail. They were both ignored and they could just wait dejectedly until their mothers stopped laughing, which was minutes after. 

 

"Oh my God, this.. pft.. this is just too funny." 

 

Mrs Park forced out the words in between laughs while holding her stomach from laughing too much. Mrs Byun was not any better; she was literally tearing up from laughing too much, which just got an eyeroll from Baekhyun. Though Baekhyun felt annoyed from being laugh at (moreover from his mother), but he actually didn't mind it because his mother looked even better now that her face gained more color, totally different from how pale she was being when he just got home earlier this day. 

 

"This is so great! Baekhyunnie has always told me about this one guy with the cute ears and I don't suspect anything at all. I can't believe that it turns out to be our Chanyeollie. It's amazing that even after all these years, the thing that Baekhyunnie takes a liking about Chanyeollie are his ears."

 

Baekhyun looked at his mother, shocked by her words. His mother had told him how he had been the bestest of friends with this Yeollie and he was so shocked to know that Yeollie was his Yoda. And to know that he still fell in love with Chanyeol's ears even when he didn't remember Chanyeol himself was quite amusing really, even to himself. Maybe I've always loved him. Ah, isn't this romantic? Baekhyun smiled bashfully at his own thoughts and braved himself to glance at Chanyeol, who was now frowning like he usually did, obviously not amused with this whole situation.

 

"Oh, do you remember? Chanyeol would always be bullied because of his ears and when he came home crying, it wouldn't be me who he came to, it would be to his Baekhyunnie, wasn't it? Gosh, they were so cute back then."

 

Baekhyun's eyes widened at that fact and he turned to Chanyeol, looking at the said male in disbelief. We were really that close before? Baekhyun hid his chuckle with his hand as he looked at Chanyeol's constipated face, clearly embarrassed with the forgotten memories of them.

 

"And after that, Baekhyun would always protect Chanyeol, right? I remember Chanyeol would always be clinging onto Baekhyun."

 

The two ladies laughed at the memories, unaware of Chanyeol, who was in deep red by now. Baekhyun smiled at the sight of his red ears and held back from cooing at the taller man. Baekhyun himself didnt expect that both of them were that close, and that Park Chanyeol who was the one clinging onto him when they were small. He couldn't even imagine it because all these years, he had always been the one who chased Chanyeol wherever the latter went. 

 

Guess now, I'm the one who will do all the clinging, huh?

 

"Now that they've already met each other on their own, it'd be much more easier then." 

 

Baekhyun's ears perked up at the sudden words from Chanyeol's mother and glanced at the latter, who just looked as lost as he was. Chanyeol's eyebrows were furrowed, also weirded out by his mother's words. 

 

"What would be easier, mom?" 

 

"Your marriage with Baekhyunnie, of course. What else?"

 

It was a bad choice for Baekhyun to eat, and also a bad choice for Chanyeol to sip on his drink at the exact moment, because the answer given by Chanyeol's mother had almost managed to choke them both to death - both were coughing loud and violent, hands reaching for the glass of water to sooth their pain, once again attracting unwanted attentions to their table. 

 

"What?! Our marriage?!"

 

Baekhyun was mortified at the sudden news, and turned to look at his mother, asking for confirmation. Baekhyun's eyes widened when his mother just smiled widely and nodded her head, ruffling Baekhyun's perfectly styled hair. 

Chanyeol was not faring any better than him. The giant was much more stupefied that he couldn't even close his mouth, gaping at his mother who just smirked back at him in turn. Chanyeol shook his head and snapped out of his shock, trying to force out a smile at Baekhyun's mother before turning to his mother with raised eyebrow and his too-fake-cheery voice. 

 

"Um mom, are you serious? This is not a laughing matter." 

 

"Who's laughing? No one is laughing now. We're serious, Park Chanyeol. Yeonhee and I have decided to marry you two, that's it." 

 

Baekhyun watched as the mother and son interacted, which ended with Mrs Park smiling in victory and Chanyeol clenching his jaw hard. Baekhyun was shocked at the news, but he couldn't exactly say that he didnt like it. Chanyeol was someone that he liked, and when you suddenly got the opportunity to marry your crush, you wouldnt have refused, right? But still, Baekhyun cared about Chanyeol and he didn't wish to torture the said male more.

 

So he turned to his mother and Mrs Park, trying to talk to them. "But eomma, Mrs Park, isn't it a little bit too early for this? We're both still students, I don't think it's the right thing to do." 

 

"Sweetie, your late father and I got married during our students' lives and we were doing just fine. The same goes for Mr and Mrs Park. Nothing would go wrong, i promise you."

 

Baekhyun opened his mouth to rebut, but he couldn't say anything. There was nothing coming across his mind about this matter - he was completely blank. How will one react to news like this anyway? Baekhyun hissed in pain when he felt a painful kick on his shin, which had successfully pulled him out from his trance, obviously coming from Chanyeol. 

 

'That ing hurts, you Yoda!' 

 

Baekhyun mouthed the words to Chanyeol while subtly rubbing the sore spot, looking at his mother and Mrs Park who were watching him with curious eyes. He just smiled at them two and both ladies just shrugged their shoulders before deciding to convince both Chanyeol and Baekhyun to agree. 

 

"You guys are having summer break soon, so it's perfect time for your wedding. You wouldn't have to care about your classes and all." 

 

"And you'll get time to go for your honeymoon too. There'll be a lot of times for both of you to settle down and all. It's perfect."

 

Chanyeol could only watch those two mothers in disbelief. He couldn't believe that they had already thought that far about the wedding and he was sure if he didn't do something, the wedding would go as planned. So he kicked Baekhyun once again, making the midget glaring at him and mouthed a 'What?'.

 

'We need a plan.'

 

'Yes, obviously. But how?'

 

'Go to the restroom, we'll talk there.'

 

Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol like he had lost his mind and it was quite amusing for Chanyeol, since the only expression he had ever seen on Baekhyun's face was his annoyingly bright smile. It's nice for a change but that was not the matter that he should be thinking of right now. He gestured with his head for Baekhyun to be fast, resulting in the latter huffing in annoyance at being instructed. Baekhyun cleared his throat, grabbing their mothers' attentions, who were still discussing about the wedding. 

 

"I'm sorry but I need to go to the restroom for a while. You can just continue your discussion, I'll be back." 

 

Mrs Byun and Mrs Park just nodded at him and Baekhyun offered them a smile, which looked too fake even when a stranger saw it. He then glanced at Chanyeol and mouthed a 'be fast' before pushing back his chair and excused himself to the restroom. 

Chanyeol watched the brunette walked away and tapped his feet on the floor, waiting for his turn to get up. It of course would be really weird if he got up straightaway. Besides, his mother was smart, she could catch on real fast with anything regarding Chanyeol. He was too busy planning in his head on how to excuse himself that he was startled when he turned his head to his mother and Mrs Byun, only to realise that he was actually being watched by the two women. 

 

"Y-yeah?"

 

He didn't expect himself to stutter but the looks on his mother's and Mrs Byun's faces were so serious that he could feel himself broke out in a cold sweat. He gulped and his eyes wandered a bit, trying to create an excuse to go away from there. Being under his mother's serious eyes was always nervousing, but having two mothers looking at you, scrutinizing you closely, would make you feel exactly like a cat on hot bricks.

 

"So, what do you say about this wedding?" 

 

I didnt ask that midget to go so I could be cornered like this!

 

"I t-think I need t-to go to -" 

 

"Chanyeol-ah, I'm going to die soon." 

 

Chanyeol stopped in his movements (he was half standing and half sitting right now) when he heard the words and looked at Mrs Byun, who was now sporting a sad smile on her still beautiful face. Chanyeol was gaping unattractively, not knowing what to respond to that. Dying? Why would she be dying? Chanyeol sat back down and snapped his head towards his mother when she softly took Chanyeol's bigger hand in hers. 

 

"Mrs Byun is suffering from cancer, stage three. The moment we met last month, that was the time Mrs Byun found this out. But the doctor said that it was too late now. The cancer is spreading too fast."

 

Chanyeol was flabbergasted - he was at loss of words. Even though Mrs Byun was not his mother, but hearing this kind of thing would make anyone's heart break. Chanyeol gulped down some water, hoping that it would chase away the bitter taste in his mouth. But it didn't. 

 

Mrs Byun reached out and held Chanyeol's other hand, which Chanyeol squeezed back, hoping that it would give her some strength. 

 

"That is why I am hoping that you will marry Baekhyun. His father had passed away long ago, it has always been the two of us. If I go, what would happen to my Baekhyun?" She wiped away the tears flowing down her cheeks, "Meeting you both again is like the answer to my prayer. I know that you both can take care of my Baekhyun well." 

 

Chanyeol looked down and he could feel the gear in his mind reeling, trying to process the info in his head. It was so much to take in, but Chanyeol knew that it must be harder for Mrs Byun and Baekhyun. If he, a mere stranger, had been feeling like this, what more would Baekhyun feel about this matter? 

 

But wait, 

 

"Does Baekhyun know?" 

 

Mrs Byun just looked down and shook her head softly. "No, he doesn't. And I don't plan in letting him know. He.. He looks cheerful, playful, tough and strong on the outside, but actually, he has a very soft heart. And I don't want to see him sad anymore, not after his father's death. He had been through so much to be the Baekhyun he is now, I don't think I want to make him went through that again." 

 

Chanyeol let out a low sigh. He seriously didn't have a good feeling about this. He didn't think it would be good to keep this big matter from her one and only son. Shouldn't Mrs Byun just be honest? It would definitely be easier for both of them, if they have each other at times like this. Right? 

 

 "Shouldn't you tell him, so that he know what's coming to him?"

 

Chanyeol asked softly, trying to stay respectful. He was just a stranger, an outsider, he shouldn't be keeping his nose inside this matter. But, he felt the need to voice out his opinion in this. However, when he just got a shake of the head in response, Chanyeol just knew that he could do nothing about that. He pondered over this matter for a while, knowing that there would be more cons than pros. 

 

Chanyeol didn't know Baekhyun that well. Even if they were the bestest friends back in their childhood day, still, they were completely different persons now. And he didn't even like Baekhyun, how would he stay with someone that could annoy the out of him every single damn time? And the mothers shouldn't forget the fact that Chanyeol and Baekhyun were both too young, too immature to settle down this early.

 

"But we don't love each other, how can we be happy?"

 

Chanyeol asked out aloud, hoping that his mother and Mrs Byun see how this was a very bad idea. He leant into his mother's hand when it came up to caress his cheek. "That's not something you can predict. You just have to go through it first to know what will happen." Chanyeol scrunched his nose when his mother flicked it softly, "But, our motherly instincts tell us that you guys would be very happy with each other. Believe me, I'm your mom."

 

Chanyeol offered his mother and Mrs Byun a weak smile, his mind still trying to think about what he should do. Although he didnt want to - he didnt like that midget, why would he want to marry him? - but, he was not that cruel to ignore Mrs Byun's last wish. His heart went out to the lady, and he would want to fulfil her wish. 

 

But, I can escape this if that midget dont agree, right? Speaking of him, where.. Oh , i forgot! 

 

"Mom, Mrs Byun, excuse me but I need to think about it for a while. I'll be back later."

 

Chanyeol patted Mrs Byun's hand softly, who was wiping her tears that had flowed down since she started tellling him about her disease and smiled at her before standing up and walked to the restroom at the back of the restaurant. He pushed open the door and hid in his snicker when he saw that Byun Baekhyun was perched on the sink, his legs dangling and his hands were coated in bubbles (probably from the handwash), playing with the bubbles like the kid he was. 

 

Chanyeol cleared his throat, "Um, having fun? Should I just come back again later?" 

 

Chanyeol laughed inwardly when he saw how red Baekhyun was and walked closer to the latter, who was scrambling to push himself off the sink. Due to his slippery hands, Baekhyun shrieked in fright as he almost slipped in the process of going down the sink. Chanyeol's eyes widened when he saw that and kudos to his fast reflex, he managed to stabilize the midget by holding onto his slim and curvy waist.

 

"Yah, can you please be less clumsy? I'm not surprised if one day you get into a hospital just because your clumsiness."

 

Chanyeol just sighed when Baekhyun stayed unresponsive, seemingly shocked by the small accident. So he held the smaller by the shoulders, turning Baekhyun around so that he face the sink and helped the latter to wash his hands. 

 

"I-I.. I can do it myself." 

 

Baekhyun's voice was so small that Chanyeol would have missed it, if it not for their closeness. Chanyeol looked down at the latter and only then he realised just how close he was with the smaller (Baekhyun was practically being in his arms) and he backed away in reflex, clearing his throat as he tried to act casual about it.

 

"Suit yourself, then." 

 

Chanyeol waited as Baekhyun finished washing his hands and turned around to look at him. "So, what's our plan?" Baekhyun asked while fiddling with his now clean fingers. Chanyeol noticed that Baekhyun's cheeks were still blushing red and the way he fiddled with his fingers were so cute that Chanyeol felt like wanted to kiss him. Wait, what?!

 

"Before we think about that, let me ask you something and be honest. Do you agree with this whole marriage thing?"

 

Chanyeol didnt know why but Baekhyun looked so offended when he asked that and the latter gave him a look like chanyeol had killed his pet dog or whatever.

 

"Of course I do." 

 

Chanyeol tered at the unexpected (not really) answer and before he got the chance to say anything, Baekhyun had beat him to it. "I've told you numerous times that I like you. In fact, I've been telling you this since we're still freshmen. It has now been 2 years since I've been crushing on you, and maybe more if we count the years when we're still kids, and I don't think it will stop anytime soon. So, of course I'd be ecstatic when I get the chance to -"

 

"Then let's get married." 

 

"- marry you. Wait, what?"

 

Chanyeol could feel his own ears and cheeks getting warm at the bold confession Baekhyun was giving him just now but that was not the thing that he should focus on. Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun, who was now completely frozen in his place; his eyes and mouth gaping wide. He shook his head and almost laughed at the funny image of Byun Baekhyun looking so shocked and stunned at his words just now but he held it in (because he needed to maintain his cool) and nodded his head once again to show Baekhyun that he was being serious.

 

"Let's get married and make our mothers happy. But, we're married just on paper and when we're in front of our families. We won't tell anyone about this marriage, okay? Do you get it?"

 

Chanyeol watched as Baekhyun's face brightened up when he agreed to get married. However, Chanyeol felt like something had hit him hard in the chest when the smaller looked down, his face looked crestfallen the moment Chanyeol suggested that they'd be only faking this marriage in front of their parents. 

 

He is not hurt by this arrangement, right? He won't cry because of this, right? Wait, why would I think about his feelings anyway? It's his fault if he fall for me, it's not my fault. It's not like I ask him to have a crush on me nor did I instruct him to. But, he looks so sad. Is he going to be okay? Argh, it's not my problem. Yes, yes, it really is not my problem. As long as we get to deal with this fast, then it's going to be all okay. Yes, that's it!

 

---

 

Baekhyun was stumped when he heard Chanyeol's conditions. He knew that it was just a dream came true if Chanyeol agreed to marry him willingly. Yes, it was a good thing that they'd get married but what was the point if the giant didn't love him? 

 

Ah, what was I hoping for anyway? He won't agree to this marriage just like that. He don't even like me. But, I'm Byun Baekhyun and everyone, I repeat, everyone likes me. And I will make this tall guy here fall for me too. Just you wait, Yoda!

 

Baekhyun nodded to himself and with the new determination, he looked up at Chanyeol and smiled his usual bright smile, hoping that he could charm his way into the taller's heart. "Okay, I agree." Baekhyun then smirked and stepped closer to Chanyeol that they were now just inches away, catching Chanyeol off guard with his sudden move. Baekhyun took some pride in getting Chanyeol flabbergasted and knew that it was the first step to many more moves that he was going to do. He then stood on his tip toes and held onto Chanyeol's shoulders to support himself as he whispered into Chanyeol's cute ear. 

 

"But mark my words, Yoda. I will make you fall for me, no matter what happen. So, prepare yourself."

 

Baekhyun pulled away slightly and pecked Chanyeol at the corner of his lips, smirking in satisfaction when he saw his favourite ears turned so red at that one move. Baekhyun stepped back and looked at Chanyeol, who was now stood frozen on his spot and he couldn't help but to let out a chuckle at that. He patted Chanyeol's cheek in a playful way before making his way out of the washroom with a big smile on his face. 

 

---

 

Chanyeol released the breath that he didn't even realise he was holding, his chest was now beating loudly that he didn't know what to do. His hand shot up to his lips, at the corner where that Baekhyun had just pecked, gulping at the warm and tingling feeling at the exact spot. Chanyeol shook his head rapidly to get a grasp of his mind and to chase away the loud poundings in his heart. He resorted to slapping his own face when the feelings were still there, deciding that he needed to get his mind back and go out to their table again. 

It was minutes after that Chanyeol finally had a grip of himself, so he went out of the washroom, only to be met with a scene where Baekhyun was looking down and so small, staying still in his spot while a slightly taller and older man was rising his voice at the midget, seemingly annoyed at something that Baekhyun had done. Chanyeol frowned when he noticed that almost everyone's eyes were on the two, curious to know what was all the commotion. 

Chanyeol's frown however deepened when he saw that the man was now rising his voice even higher, and now was almost cursing to Baekhyun, who kept on saying sorry and looking so vulnerable and fragile. Something just didnt sit right with Chanyeol at the sight of the cheerful Baekhyun looking like that and the man was definitely rude; having not a bit of self control in himself, openly cursing and obviously just making a fuss over a small matter. 

 

"Can't you see that I'm walking this way?! The next time you walk, use your ing eyes to look and don't just go around bumping into people! You are just so ing rude! If you just use your eyes, this wouldn't have-"

 

"Excuse me, sir. Sorry for interrupting but I believe this guy here had apologized to you. So, it'll be a lot better if you just forgive him and we can all settle this in a peaceful manner."

 

Chanyeol didn't realise when he had walked over to the two men but the moment he realised it, he already had a possessive steady grip on Baekhyun's small wrist, pulling the latter to stand behind his back, hiding him from the rude man. He couldn't hide in his scoff as he towered over the man easily and the man looked slightly intimidated by their obvious height difference. It didn't help that Chanyeol looked like he actually could pack very good punches too. 

 

I knew it, you were so rude just because Baekhyun is so small and cute. Pft, so now you're shaking, huh?

 

"And who the are you to come and meddle in our business?" 

 

The man held his nose high up, still having the obnoxious look on his face that Chanyeol felt his eyes twitching in annoyance. Chanyeol clenched his fist hard at the rude way of talking - if he were to throw his punches at people, it would be because of s like this. He was so close in punching the man away so that he and Baekhyun could walk to their table, but he stopped when he felt a soft hand touching his arm, holding him back.

 

"C-Chanyeol, it's okay. It's my fault anyway. Let's just go."

 

"It's not okay, Baek. He's just plain rude. We need to set him straight." 

 

Chanyeol glanced at Baekhyun with the corner of his eyes and saw that the smaller looked so uncomfortable from all the attention on them. He unconsciously pulled the smaller closer and turned to look at the man with a hard face, "This guy that you have been scolding is my fiance, so all of his businesses are mine too. I won't ask you to apologize to him, because I know your ego won't do it." He bent a bit so that their eyes were levelled and told the man in his deep and low voice, "I better not see you do this again to my fiance or anyone else. Or else, I'll give you good beatings that you can't use that mouth of yours anymore."

 

Without waiting further longer, Chanyeol stood up straight again and wrapped an arm around Baekhyun (unconsciously), pulling him closer as they walked back to their table, ignoring the man who was now deep in red at his nonsense outburst. Baekhyun looked up at Chanyeol and the taller took notice of the blush on Baekhyun's plump cheeks, thinking that it'd be so nice to see this sight always. Eh?

 

"Thanks, Chanyeol."

 

Chanyeol just let out a noise at that and nodded his head, as acknowledgement for Baekhyun's gratefulness. When they reached their table, Mrs Park and Mrs Byun were waiting for them with curious eyes, not knowing what the exact thing that had happened before. Chanyeol pulled back Baekhyun's chair from under the table and motioned for Baekhyun to sit before he went to sit on his own chair. 

 

"What happened? Is everything okay?"

 

Chanyeol smiled at his mother and Mrs Byun, who was now looking all composed again, and shook his head. "Nothing happen, mom. Don't worry." He glanced at Baekhyun and saw that the midget was smiling at him with.. Are those hearts in his eyes? Ugh, whatever. 

 

"Do you guys decide yet?"

 

Baekhyun turned to his mother at the sudden question and he looked at Chanyeol, asking for confirmation. When Chanyeol nodded, he smiled and looked at his mother again. "We agree, eomma. We will follow whatever your plan is." 

 

"But, we wish for it to be just a small ceremony, preferably just between our family members and whoever important enough. And about the preparations, we'll just leave it to you both. Is that okay?"

 

Both their mothers lighted up at Chanyeol's words and a very big smile appeared on their faces, obviously over the moon with Chanyeol's and Baekhyun's agreement. "It's okay, just leave it to us both. You just have to attend the ceremony, that's it." Both Mrs Park and Mrs Byun were obviously on top of the world, their faces were decorated with big smiles. Chanyeol was sure that it was a right decision to do so when Mrs Byun looked at him and mouthed him a 'thank you'.

 

Chanyeol just smiled in return, hoping that he wouldn't regret it later. His eyes were unconsciously gravitated towards Baekhyun, who was already looking at him with a big smile. Chanyeol was taken aback a little bit by that and suddenly, Baekhyun's warning from earlier came across his mind. 

 

Make me fall for you, huh? Let's just see if you can do that, midget.

 

 

 


 

Oh my, thanks for 87 subscribers

I'll try my best to not disappoint you guys

 

AND HAPPY BAEKHYUN DAYYYY !

[Go and see real__pcy's posts if you haven't, am still not calming down from all those posts]