End.

Be My Husband

Hoping I'm not too late kkkkkk Happy Chanbaek Day, everyone!

And sorry for this long overdue final chapter, but here it is :) 

Enjoy XD

 


 

 

 

 

“Okay, that’s it for today’s class. Practice what you have learnt for today and we’ll improve more on our next class. See you, kids!”

 

Baekhyun watched as the trainees that he had been training started to pile out of the room while saying thanks to him on their way out. Baekhyun smiled as he leant back to his seat, mindlessly toying with his phone.

 

It had been 3 years – 3 years after his mother had left him.

 

Baekhyun was truly a mess after her passing because losing his mother; the closest person to him, the one with the strongest bond with him, the one that understand him the most, the one that had always been there for him – his everything, was not easy. It took Baekhyun a lot of time to get used to her passing, and he was grateful for Chanyeol, his parents-in-law and also his friends that were always there for him. If it were not for them, Baekhyun didn’t know how he would be holding up until this day.

 

And luckily, Baekhyun did graduate together with Chanyeol and the others – despite his short absent from college to grieve over his mother. But after Chanyeol brought him to the beach and talked some sense into his mind, saying that “Eomma will not be happy if she sees you like this, Baekhyun. Life must go on, even though she’s not here anymore. Because we all know that she’ll be forever in your heart and mind, and she of course would be watching you from above, always. And we are all here for you, you are not alone, Baek.”

 

Baekhyun didn’t get better straightaway, but the talk with Chanyeol and the healing time they spent together at the beach surely made Baekhyun feel better. And he then started to get out more, started to talk with others people and not being cooped up in his room all the time while crying for his mother. It sure took time but eventually, Baekhyun could accept the fact that his mother wasn’t there with him anymore.

 

And Baekhyun knew that she would always be watching over him from above, just like what Chanyeol had told him.

 

Right after their graduation, Chanyeol had applied for tons of entertainment companies by sending out his resume and compositions. It took about three months after that he finally got a reply back from two of the companies that he had applied for and after some thinking, Chanyeol finally made a decision to join SM entertainment.

 

It was a mad coincidence that Sehun and Jongin also got into SM entertainment as choreographers, as they were offered the job after representatives from SM watched their dance showcase. Though actually at first, both tall men were offered to become trainees but they both rejected, knowing that they wouldn’t really enjoy the idol lives.

 

Meanwhile, both Kyungsoo and Baekhyun sent out applications to several companies also, hoping to get into any entertainment company so that they could use their vocals to good use. Kyungsoo was the first to get an offer from an entertainment company to be a voice actor (after they fell for his deep voice and good intonations) and he didn’t think long before accepting the offer. Though Jongin did grumble for a while about how they wouldn’t be working in the same company, but he shut his mouth up when Sehun smacked him in the head, saying that he didn’t have the right to whine since Luhan wasn’t working with Sehun too. Coincidentally, Kyungsoo actually got the offer from the same company that Luhan was working in, so Jongin didn’t complaint too much after.

 

(Baekhyun still didn’t believe that Jongin and Kyungsoo were finally together. It was a shock for everyone to see Jongin kissing Kyungsoo out of excitement during their graduation day back then, and it was drop-dead silence for a while as they all waited for Kyungsoo’s reaction. A punch was expected from the smaller, but he surprised everyone when Kyungsoo blushed a bit before tip-toeing to kiss Jongin back. And that was how the two become an item. Baekhyun remembered seeing Jongin crying, but that’s a story for another time.)

 

Baekhyun was the last of them to get a job offer, but it was really worth the wait as he finally got an offer to become a vocal trainer and to add up to it, it was an offer from SM entertainment. Baekhyun was over the moon at the prospect of working in the same building with Chanyeol – though they work at different levels and didn’t really cross path with each other. But Chanyeol might be the happiest of them all because right after Baekhyun got the offer, Chanyeol was the one to call the company and accepted the offer before treating all of their friends to a celebratory meal.

 

 

 

Baekhyun’s thoughts were interrupted when suddenly his phone rang, showing an incoming call from his beloved husband. Baekhyun unconsciously let out a smile as he picked up the call, his smile widened when Chanyeol’s deep voice reached his ear.

 

“Hey midget, are you finished with your class?”

 

Baekhyun rolled his eyes at the nickname before answering, “Yes, yoda. I’m finished with my class.” Baekhyun glanced up at the clock on the wall of the vocal practice room, “Where are you now? You’re late.”

 

Baekhyun didn’t notice that he just whined out the words, which had pulled out a chuckle from Chanyeol. “Heh, cute.”

 

Baekhyun frowned at Chanyeol’s reply, dumbfounded as Chanyeol didn’t really answer his question. Baekhyun groaned a bit and hearing that, Chanyeol let out a laugh. “This prince charming of yours will arrive soon with his white horse. Wait for me, my love.”

 

Baekhyun swore his fingers and toes curl at Chanyeol’s cheesy words (though his heart did skip a beat at the nickname), so he purposely groaned out loud. “Ugh, stop being so corny. That’s so not cool.”

 

Chanyeol laughed out loud, and Baekhyun could hear him saying sorry right after, maybe to someone near him. “Oh please, I know you blush a bit, don’t you?” Baekhyun rolled his eyes, not really having a comeback for that. “Whatever, yoda! Come here fast, I’m going to hang up first.”

 

“Haha okay, okay. Love you, midget.” Chanyeol whispered the words with his deep voice, making Baekhyun’s whole body warmed up as he blushed to the root, “L-Loveyoutoo. Okaybye!” Baekhyun quickly disconnect the call and threw the phone on his desk, before cupping his hot cheeks in his hands.

 

“Ugh, can he please not make my heart race everytime?!!!”

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol blinked as he stared at his phone, shocked as Baekhyun hung up so suddenly. He somehow shook his head when the shock worn out, chuckling as he could imagine Baekhyun’s red face in his mind right now. It was cute how Baekhyun would always be the one who was forward with his feelings to Chanyeol, but whenever it was Chanyeol’s turn to profess his love, the midget would break into a blushing mess and would become so flustered that Chanyeol just wanted to squish him tight and never let him go.

 

“Can you please wipe that smile off your face? Some people are single, you know. Not everyone is happy like you.”

 

Chanyeol couldn’t stop his laugh as he pocketed his phone, looking at his grumbling co-composer as he got up to pack his things. “That’s why I told you to find your special someone faster, Woozi-ah. You’d be so much happy, believe me.”

 

Woozi huffed out a sigh as he turned back to his computer, his hands moving fast as he made a final editing to their song. “Well, it’s not that easy, hyung. You’re lucky that you found Baekhyun hyung.”

 

Chanyeol let out a low chuckle as he finished packing his things, pulling Woozi’s attention back to him when he patted the younger on his shoulder. “I’m lucky because Baekhyun’s the one who found me.” Chanyeol smiled down at his partner, “You’ll find your soulmate soon. Or if not, he or she will come to you, don’t worry.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After finished packing his things, which were just his handphone and wallet, Baekhyun then made his way out of the practice room, deciding to just wait for Chanyeol outside. He was caught up in scrolling through his twitter as he leaned against the wall and he was startled a bit when he felt a presence in front of him.

 

Thinking that it was Chanyeol, Baekhyun looked up with a wide smile and he was ready to hug the taller man but he deflated when he noticed that the person was indeed a tall male, but he was not Chanyeol. Baekhyun then smiled bashfully at the stranger in front of him, a blush adorning his cheeks which made the stranger chuckled.

 

“I’m sorry that I’m not the person you are expecting for.”

 

Baekhyun’s eyes widened a bit as he became flustered, waving his hands in front of him. “Uh no, no, no, no need to feel sorry. I’m the one who should be sorry.” Baekhyun bowed his head a bit in apology, “Sorry for almost hugging you.”

 

The tall male let out a chuckle again and Baekhyun swore he heard the male mumbled a small ‘cute’ under his breathe but he just shrugged it off, knowing that it was not even important. Baekhyun looked up at the taller again, a curious look plastered on his small face.

 

“Um, why were you approaching me? Do you need a help?”

 

“Ah, I want to ask which level the dance studios are situated at. It’s my first day working here and I don’t really know the way. This building is huge.” The male scratched the back of his neck in a bashful manner and Baekhyun automatically smiled at that. “Oh by the way, I’m Sungyeol.”

 

Baekhyun’s eyes widened a bit before he quickly took the hand offered to him in a handshake, “Ah, I’m Baekhyun.” The brunette smiled sweetly to the taller, “Nice to meet you and welcome to SM entertainment.”

 

Baekhyun peered up at Sungyeol when the male didn’t react, only staring at him and still holding on to Baekhyun’s hand. Baekhyun tried to pull his hand but Sungyeol somehow had a firm grip on his hand, so Baekhyun cleared his throat loudly before calling the taller’s name.

 

“Uh, Sungyeol-ssi?.. Sungyeol-ssi?!”

 

Sungyeol blinked his eyes several times as he looked down at Baekhyun, seemingly getting back to his sense now. Baekhyun expected Sungyeol to release his hand now but it didn’t happen. Instead, Sungyeol tightened his hold onto Baekhyun’s hand and looked down at Baekhyun with his eyes shining.

 

“You are so cute. Are you single?”

 

Baekhyun was so taken aback that he couldn’t say anything, his mouth opened and shut without any words getting out. Baekhyun knew that he should do something by now but he couldn’t really move, too shocked with Sungyeol’s straightforwardness that he was left speechless.

 

However, it seemed like Baekhyun didn’t really have to say anything when a deep voice, which Baekhyun knew by heart, interrupted them.

 

“Yes, Baekhyun is really cute but no, he’s not single.”

 

Hearing Chanyeol’s voice thankfully made Baekhyun function well again and he quickly pulled his hand back from Sungyeol’s hold, gulping once as he felt Chanyeol’s presence beside him. Sungyeol looked confused at the sudden interruption of the tall man (Sungyeol is tall but the newcomer is taller) and he was curious about Baekhyun’s status so he asked,

 

“How do you know that Baekhyun-ssi is not single? Who are you?”

 

Chanyeol just laughed slowly at the question of the male that he never saw before and Chanyeol didn’t hesitate to pull Baekhyun closer to him by holding onto his waist, making the smaller blush even though he was nervous on how Chanyeol would react. Sungyeol for sure didn’t miss that gesture and he could already connect the dots in his mind.

 

“Well, I’m Park Chanyeol, the husband of this cutie Park Baekhyun.”

 

Sungyeol’s eyes widened and he unconsciously took a step back at the information that he just got. He was flustered to know that he had flirted with someone’s husband so he of course freaked out, apologizing profusely.

 

“Oh my God, I’m so sorry. Oh my God, I.. I really don’t know. I’m so sorry. It’s just.. Baekhyun-ssi is just so cute, so I was just trying to know him. I really really really don’t know that he’s someone husband. Oh my God, I’m sorr-“

 

“Hey, it’s okay, I’m not even mad.”

 

Chanyeol laughed out as he tried to stop the poor man from freaking out there. Sungyeol’s eyes widened once again at Chanyeol’s words, not believing what he had heard just now.

 

“You’re not mad?”

 

Both Sungyeol and Chanyeol turned their heads to Baekhyun when the small brunette suddenly piped up, looking up at Chanyeol with his puppy eyes and pouty mouth – unconsciously making both Chanyeol’s and Sungyeol’s hearts melt at the sight.

 

Baekhyun was searching for the truth in Chanyeol’s eyes, trying to confirm that his husband was really not mad at him. Though it was not Baekhyun’s fault that Sungyeol tried to flirt with him, but still, Baekhyun didn’t want Chanyeol to misunderstand and he didn’t want them to fight or anything.

 

But Baekhyun was surprised when Chanyeol leaned down to leave a fleeting kiss on his forehead, smiling wide at Baekhyun when he pulled away. “Why would I be mad? Instead, I feel so proud right now.” Baekhyun blinked his eyes in confusion, not really getting what Chanyeol meant.

 

“H-Huh? W-Why do you feel proud?”

 

Chanyeol leaned down closer to Baekhyun’s face, their noses slightly almost touching as they gazed into each others’ eyes. “Well, I feel so proud because my husband is the cutest and handsomest man alive that everyone wants to get to know him. I feel proud because of the fact that this cute man here is mine, not everyone else’s.”

 

In a blink of an eye, Baekhyun could feel his body burning hot as he started to blush madly, his neck, ears and also cheeks turning red, which made Chanyeol let out a small coo. Chanyeol automatically let out a small groan before he crashed their lips together, savoring the sweet taste of Baekhyun’s lips that he never got bored of.

 

They might have had a make-out session right there and then if it was not for Sungyeol’s little shriek which had pulled them back to the real world. Baekhyun unconsciously pushed Chanyeol away from him and turned even redder, embarrassed with the fact that there was someone watching them kissing.

 

Chanyeol too was sporting a blush on his face, slightly feeling shy for losing control and there was an awkward silence falling down onto them before Sungyeol broke it with a clear of his throat. “Um, I’m.. I’m so sorry for what happened and.. and um, I’ll just go on my way first.” Sungyeol scratched his nape in awkwardly before he offered them a small smile and walked away.

 

Both husbands just watched as Sungyeol walked away when Baekhyun suddenly was reminded on why Sungyeol approached him at first. “Oh S-Sungyeol-ssi, the way to the..” Baekhyun’s voice faltered when he noticed that Sungyeol was actually too far away already, so he couldn’t possibly hear Baekhyun.

 

They both stared into the retreating figure in silence for a moment, still trying to grasp what had happened before Chanyeol started to break out into laughter, feeling amused with the event. Baekhyun glanced at his laughing husband, and when he saw how Chanyeol’s almond eyes crinkled at the corner, his white row of teeth was on full display and as his cheeks bundled up cutely, Baekhyun just couldn’t hold back his laughter too and without him realizing, he had pinched both Chanyeol’s cheeks affectionately.

 

“Ugh, why are you so cute?” Baekhyun cooed, laughing hard when Chanyeol grumbled in protest. The taller pushed Baekhyun’s hands away from his cheeks and he reached out to flick the older on his forehead in retaliation, making Baekhyun pouted. “Hey, you can’t do that! I’m still older than you, you know?”

 

Chanyeol just grinned as Baekhyun rubbed his reddening forehead while still pouting cutely. The giant wasted no time and bent down to leave a peck on Baekhyun’s pouting, red lips and leaving the older flabbergasted.

 

“Oh, I’m sorry, Baekhyun hyung. Will you forgive me?”

 

Baekhyun couldn’t help but to flush deep red when Chanyeol called him ‘hyung’ with his deep voice, and he was sure Chanyeol knew what effect he had on Baekhyun because he was smirking so smugly now. Feeling his face and ears burning, Baekhyun just pushed away Chanyeol’s face from him and decided to walk away, wanting to hide his face from his smug husband.

 

Chanyeol just chuckled as he watched the smaller walk with some stomps in his steps, shaking his head as he felt his insides getting warmer at the sight of his cute husband.

 

“Heh, cute.”

 

 

 

 

 

“Where are they? It’s been ages and I’m hungry.”

 

Chanyeol chuckled as he watched Baekhyun whining, his eyebrows scrunched up and his mouth protruding into a small pout, as they waited at the lobby of their company. Chanyeol had been calling Jongin and Sehun and for now, only Sehun that had answered, saying that he would have a lunch date with Luhan. So now they were just waiting for Jongin and Kyungsoo, whom still hadn’t answered any of their calls.

 

“Should we go and look for them?”

 

Chanyeol proposed, his hand reaching out to fix a messy strand on Baekhyun’s hair. Baekhyun unconsciously leaned into his touch, sighing heavily and grumbling about how he was so lazy to move. However he still agreed to Chanyeol’s idea after and they both moved to go to Jongin’s dance studio first.

 

“I don’t know why we can’t just go and have lunch without them. Why do we even go through all these hardships?”

 

Baekhyun rolled his eyes as his mouth kept on complaining about how their friends couldn’t even make a good use of their phones and all, his mood going down as his stomach started to grumble more. Chanyeol just let the smaller whined all the way to the dance studio, entertained with Baekhyun’s cute pout and his voice. Baekhyun could just say nonsense, and Chanyeol would still enjoy listening to his chocolatey voice, seriously.

 

Once they reached the studio, Baekhyun was already too impatient so he didn’t even hesitate to barge into the studio, Chanyeol following closely behind him.

 

“Yah, Kim Jong-“

 

Baekhyun’s words were caught up in his throat as his gaze feel onto Jongin, who was now pinned to the mirror while Kyungsoo, THE Do Kyungsoo, was kissing him! Baekhyun’s eyes were wide opened and his jaw dropped as he didn’t imagine there would be a time where he would see his best friend pushing down his tongue into someone’s throat. Yes, he was rooting for them two but he DID NOT sign up for this!

 

Baekhyun was saved from the torture when his eyes were covered with a large palm, belonged to no other than Park Chanyeol. The taller turned Baekhyun around and hid the smaller’s face in his chest, while ‘tsk’ing at Jongin and Kyungsoo who were scrambling away from each other as they noticed Baekhyun and Chanyeol’s appearance.

 

“Y-Yah, what are you guys doing here??!”

 

Kyungsoo was blushing madly, that Chanyeol was afraid he would blow up form how red he was, and Jongin was not far from that. It was the first Chanyeol saw Jongin flushing that red, and he wished he could take a picture right now. But he couldn’t as Baekhyun, who was wailing into his chest just now, break out from Chanyeol’s embrace to face his best friend.

 

“You little-! We were waiting for you both to go to lunch but here you are, tongues with Jongin! How could you?!” Baekhyun shouted with a scandalized expression towards his friend, which made Kyungsoo and Jongin cowered in embarrassment even more. “Oh my God, my eyes!! My innocent eyes!!!” Baekhyun wailed, turning back to slam his face into Chanyeol’s chest, much to the amusement of the taller.

 

Jongin who was silent since earlier decided to take the matter on his own, which was by pushing both Chanyeol and Baekhyun out of the studio room. “J-Just go and have lunch without us! Don’t come here anymore!”

 

The tanned male wasted no time in slamming the door to the husbands’ faces, pulling out an offended gasp from Baekhyun. “Oh my God, why is he so rude?! We waited for them and they kick us out from there?? Just to make out with each other??! I am so hungry and this is how they-“

 

Baekhyun’s angry rant was stopped when he felt a familiar pair of lips crashed onto his, making all his anger and frustration melted down as he unconsciously closed his eyes and replied to the kiss. Chanyeol pulled away after a while and he smiled softly as he looked at Baekhyun’s fluttering eyes, “Feel better now?”

 

Baekhyun blinked once, trying to get his mind back as he would always be left breathless whenever Chanyeol kissed him. Once he could process Chanyeol’s words in his mind, he nodded slowly, which made Chanyeol grinned wider. The taller then grabbed Baekhyun’s smaller hand in his bigger one, entwining their fingers together as he pulled Baekhyun along with him, “Let’s go and fill up your stomach now. Just forget about those two lovebirds, ‘kay?”

 

Baekhyun just huffed in resign as he felt Chanyeol’s thumb caressing the back of his hand, and he had no other choice than to follow his husband, tightening his hold onto Chanyeol.

 

 

---

 

 

Baekhyun fluttered his eyes open, squinting a bit at the sunlight beaming onto him. Baekhyun remained blank for a while, trying to get his soul back into his body. He tried to move but he finally registered the heavy arm draped over his waist and the legs that were tangled with his. Baekhyun unconsciously smiled when he felt Chanyeol’s nose digging onto his nape, his mouth mumbling something incoherently as he snuggled up to Baekhyun and making Baekhyun squirm as he was ticklish.

 

Baekhyun basked in the morning light and the feeling of being in Chanyeol’s arms, his gaze going to the window as he looked at how bright the day was. It was such a nice, bright day and Baekhyun could even hear the birds chirping. However, Baekhyun couldn’t say the same for himself.

 

Because that day marked the 3rd year his mother had left him.

 

Baekhyun smiled sadly as he reminisced about his beautiful late mother. As it had been three years, Baekhyun didn’t longer cry at the thought of her, but the heavy feeling in his heart remained. He had been living with his mother for two decades, and to suddenly live without her.. it was hard.

 

Baekhyun was pulled out of his reverie when he felt Chanyeol’s hold on him tightened and the taller hummed a soft ‘good morning’ to him. Baekhyun smiled and turned around in Chanyeol’s arms, facing the taller to leave a chaste kiss on his lips.

 

“Morning. Have a nice sleep?”

 

Chanyeol hummed in content, only now opening his eyes and blinking as he tried to look at Baekhyun. Once he could open his eyes properly, only then he smiled and leaned down to peck Baekhyun, though he missed his aim and ended up kissing the tip of Baekhyun’s nose.

 

“I always have a nice sleep when you’re here with me.”

 

Baekhyun chuckled at the cheesy words and he moved to plant his nose into the crook of Chanyeol’s neck, smelling in the natural musky scent of Chanyeol. They stayed like that for a moment, just enjoying a quiet morning being in each other’s arms before Chanyeol broke out the silence.

 

“Are you ready to go and meet eomma?”

 

Baekhyun enjoyed the vibration that he felt when Chanyeol’s deep raspy voice came out and he left a kiss on Chanyeol’s neck first before pulling away from the taller to look at him.

 

“Yes, let’s go and meet her today.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

When they both stepped at the cemetery where Mrs. Byun was buried, Chanyeol walked hand-in-hand with Baekhyun towards her grave. When they were near, Chanyeol pulled Baekhyun to a stop, making the smaller look up at him in confusion. Chanyeol smiled at the cute sight, “Do you need me to leave you both alone first? I’ll come to you when you’ve finished talking with eomma.”

 

Baekhyun looked like he was pondering for a while, before he sent Chanyeol a small smile while shaking his head. “No need to do that. Let’s go and meet eomma together.”

 

They walked for some more before finally reaching Mrs. Byun’s grave. Baekhyun then squatted down to place the flower he brought on the grave, smiling as he did so. Baekhyun felt Chanyeol moving to squat down behind him and he felt thankful when Chanyeol’s hand fell at the bottom of his spine, caressing him in a comforting manner.

 

“Eomma, we’re here to see you.” Baekhyun whispered softly, his hand playing with the growing grass around his mother’s grave. “It has been 3 years since you left us, and lots of things have changed, Eomma. I’m a vocal trainer now, and Chanyeollie is working in the same company with me, as a composer. We both got what we wanted to do, eomma.”

 

Baekhyun’s smile widened as he kept on telling his mother all the things that he wanted, on how Mr and Mrs Park taking care of him properly, how Kyungsoo and Jongin got together now, about his other friends and more importantly, how happy he was now with Chanyeol.

 

“I’m so happy now, eomma. Yes, you left me but you’re always in my heart and I know that you are always watching me from above. And I’m so thankful that you lead Chanyeol to me, because,” Baekhyun looked back at Chanyeol, grabbing the taller’s hand into his as he smiled softly, “because Chanyeol really takes a good care of me, and he always make me happy.”

 

Chanyeol felt his heart skipped a beat when he saw how sincere Baekhyun was, how beautiful the content smile he was flashing to Chanyeol right now. Chanyeol swore his heartbeats got faster and he just hoped that Baekhyun wouldn’t realize it. Seeing how radiant Baekhyun was now, Chanyeol just felt even more confident in doing what he was going to do.

 

 

 

 

 

After Baekhyun had done talking to his mother, he nodded to Chanyeol and motioned for the taller to get going but before the brunette could walk away, Chanyeol pulled him down again, making Baekhyun look at him in wonder.

 

“Yeol? What is it?”

 

Chanyeol just gave Baekhyun a secretive smile before he turned to Mrs. Byun’s grave, greeting his mother-in-law. Chanyeol breathed in a deep breathe, “Eomma, I can’t thank you enough for bringing Baekhyun into this world. He is such a blessing to me, and thank you so much for bringing him to me.”

 

Chanyeol glanced at Baekhyun and noticed that the smaller was staring at him unblinkingly, his mouth slightly opened as he listened to Chanyeol. Chanyeol decided to let him be and paid his attention back to Mrs. Byun.

 

“I want to apologize for lying to you, Eomma.” Chanyeol smiled regretfully, “In the beginning, I didn’t treat Baekhyun properly. I always got annoyed by him and I didn’t care for him like what you had expected me to do. I somehow,.. have betrayed your trust at that time.”

 

“So wherever you are right now, eomma, I hope you listen to my apology and accepted it.” Chanyeol reached out and caressed Mrs. Byun’s tomb, hoping that Mrs. Byun wouldn’t be disappointed in him.

 

“Yeol,.. you didn’t-“

 

Chanyeol turned to look at Baekhyun when the brunette suddenly speak, wanting to rebut what Chanyeol had said but the taller stopped him, because,

 

“What I said just now was true, Baek. I wasn’t good to you, I didn’t take care of you properly at first.” Chanyeol stared into Baekhyun’s brown and droopy eyes, smiling as he swiped his thumb delicately on Baekhyun’s plump cheek.

 

“But eomma, you know how charming and adorable Baekhyun is. I can’t resist him and I really end up falling for him.” Chanyeol uttered the words as he stared straight at Baekhyun, watching how the smaller’s cheeks started to be tinted with hues of pink, making him look even more adorable. “And I swear, falling for Baekhyun and loving him is the best thing that I have ever done in this world.”

 

Chanyeol smiled when Baekhyun started to become flustered, his eyes wandering around just to avoid form looking at Chanyeol. But Chanyeol was not having it so he grabbed Baekhyun’s chin with his fingers softly, making the smaller looking at him.

 

“So Eomma, today, in front of you,” Chanyeol glanced at Mrs. Byun’s grave as he fished out a velvet box from his pocket, before looking at Baekhyun, who was wide-eyed right now, “I want to ask Baekhyun to be my husband; to spend his entire life with me, to take care and to love me, to stay beside me no matter what happens. I want to ask Baekhyun to be my husband, not because of eomma, not because of my mom, but because of me, Park Chanyeol, has fallen in love with Byun Baekhyun, and I want to spend my whole life with you.”

 

Chanyeol gulped once, hoping that Baekhyun didn’t hear the way his voice shook and hoping that his heart would calm down as he offered the ring to Baekhyun. “So, Byun Baekhyun.. with the blessing of your mother, will you.. be my husband?”

 

Baekhyun was speechless.

 

Baekhyun’s heart was beating so loud as he looked into Chanyeol’s earnest eyes, watching how love, affection and honesty swirling around in those big eyes, looking at him with the softest look ever. Baekhyun could feel himself choked up with sobs and he could feel the tears that started to silently flow down his cheeks as he looked at the beautiful ring offered to him by Chanyeol.

 

Baekhyun let out a chuckle accompanied with a sob as he nodded his head fervently, lunging forward to hug Chanyeol instead of taking the ring offered to him, sobbing hard into Chanyeol’s shoulder. Chanyeol let out a laugh when Baekhyun chanted a thousand of ‘yes’s into his ear, while still crying.

 

Chanyeol let him be for a while and once Baekhyun started to calm down, Chanyeol released Baekhyun from his hug to take the ring and to slide it onto Baekhyun’s ring finger, marveling on how the new ring complementing their old wedding band. Baekhyun’s eyes were shining with tears as he also looked down on his finger, before he looked up at Chanyeol and reached out to wipe the lone tear that managed to escape Chanyeol’s eyes – the one that the taller himself didn’t realize.

 

Feeling how happy he was at that time that Chanyeol swore his heart would combust, he turned to look at Mrs. Byun’s grave once again, smiling wide. “I will take care of Baekhyun like how I promised you, eomma. Please give us your blessing and please take good care of both of us. I hope you’ll rest in peace and you don’t have to worry about Baekhyun anymore, eomma.” Chanyeol turned his head to look at the still weeping Baekhyun, “I will take care of him because I love him so much, eomma. I really do.”

 

Baekhyun’s smile shone very brightly even though tears were streaming down his cheeks, but in Chanyeol’s opinion, he’s still the most beautiful person that Chanyeol had ever set his eyes on. Chanyeol smiled wide as Baekhyun reached down to clasp their hands together, holding tight onto each other as they say their last words to Mrs. Byun.

 

As they got up to walk back to their car, a breeze of cold air swept around them and making them shiver a bit, but in a good way. Chanyeol somehow felt his heart become lighter and he swore he could hear Mrs. Byun’s voice together with the cold breeze, almost as if giving her blessing to both of them. Chanyeol then looked down at Baekhyun, and the smaller looked up at him with a dazzling smile, making Chanyeol felt like his breath had been taken away from him.

 

‘Thank you, eomma. I’ll do my best to take care of Baekhyun.’

 

---

 

 

 

“Baek, wake up.”

 

Baekhyun groaned when he felt his body being shaken by someone, interrupting his dream about being in a large farm full of strawberries. Baekhyun swatted the hand away and turned to lie on his left side, snuggling deeper into the comforter as he tried to sleep again.

 

“Baekhyunnie, wake up, please.”

 

Baekhyun grunted once again when his sleep was disturbed again, and he forced his eyes open to look at the person who dared to disturb his beauty sleep. Baekhyun turned his head to look over his shoulder, pouting as he looked at Chanyeol’s smiling and bright face.

 

“Why are you being so bright in this early morning?” Baekhyun whined, turning to lie on his back as he pushed Chanyeol’s body away, “Go away so that I can sleep.”

 

Chanyeol laughed as he held onto Baekhyun’s wrists, shaking his head. “No can do, Baekhyunnie. We are going somewhere so get up and go get ready.” Baekhyun tried to pull his hands out of Chanyeol’s hold but to no avail. He pouted and scrunched his eyebrows, attacking Chanyeol with his cutest expression, “Let me sleep some more, pleaseeeeee.”

 

“Nope!” Chanyeol purposely pressed on the word ‘p’ as he easily pulled Baekhyun into a sitting position, much to the smaller’s chagrin. “We need to go somewhere and we can’t be late, babe. So move, move! Lift your fat and go get ready now!”

 

Baekhyun dropped his cute act when he heard Chanyeol’s words, grumbling in dissatisfaction. “Ugh, we can’t be late for what? I don’t even remember agreeing to go out with you.” Baekhyun narrowed his eyes as he looked at Chanyeol, who just grinned innocently at him. Baekhyun then crawled passing by Chanyeol to get off the bed, all the while muttering under his breath. “What fat ? My are glorious and you love them anyway, tch.”

 

Baekhyun gasped out loud when Chanyeol unexpectedly spanked him on the , making the older looked back at the giant with his eyes wide. Chanyeol just beamed widely as he winked at Baekhyun, “Yes, I love your . Sooooooooo much!”

 

Baekhyun just ‘hmph’ed at Chanyeol’s annoyingly big smile and stuck his tongue out at the taller before going into the bathroom to wash up and get ready.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Wait, is this…” Baekhyun trailed off as he turned to look at Chanyeol, who was just turning off the engine of their car. Chanyeol couldn’t help but to chuckle as he looked at Baekhyun’s dumbfounded face, “Yes, it is. Let’s go in now, we don’t want him to get angry at us for being late. Again.”

 

Even when he didn’t really know why they were there, Baekhyun still laughed along at Chanyeol’s words and agreeing with the taller before getting off the car. Chanyeol walked around the car to get to Baekhyun and instinctively grabbed Baekhyun’s hand in his, pulling the smaller towards the place they were going.

 

Baekhyun’s eyes brightened up when they stepped their feet into the boutique, his gaze feel over the pretty owner that once had helped them before. “Heechul hyung!”

 

Heechul, who was busy arranging some of the wedding dresses turned around when he heard the voice, his own eyes getting wide at the sight of Baekhyun. “Oh my God, B-Baekhyun? It’s you, right? Byun Baekhyun?”

 

Baekhyun nodded his head profusely, laughing when Heechul came to him and pulled him straight into his arms. “Oh my God, I can’t believe that we’ll meet again.” Baekhyun almost let out a whine at how tight Heechul was squeezing him but he didn’t mind it a bit, enjoying the enthusiasm the older was showing him.

 

“Wait,” Heechul suddenly pulled away to look at Chanyeol, “So, you’re Mr Park, the one that made an appointment today?”

 

Chanyeol smiled smugly at the owner, “Yes, I’m the Mr Park.” Chanyeol almost laughed out loud as Heechul’s confused face, trying to figure out what was happening. Chanyeol moved closer to Baekhyun and wrapped his arm around his small husband, “And here is my husband, Mr Park Baekhyun. And we are here to look at wedding suits because we’re going to get married again.”

 

“Again?”

 

“We are?”

 

Both Baekhyun and Heechul asked at the same time, making Chanyeol laughed out loud at their funny faces. Heechul looked pissed when Chanyeol laughed at him (he still didn’t think Chanyeol was suitable for Baekhyun, Baekhyun deserved a more handsome guy) but Baekhyun still looked at his tall husband with wonder on his face.

 

Once he had calmed down, Chanyeol turned to look at Baekhyun with soft eyes, cupping Baekhyun’s cheeks with his large palms. “Well, I did propose to you, didn’t I? So of course we’re going to get married.” Baekhyun blinked his eyes several times, still trying to process the information in his head. Chanyeol couldn’t help but to lean down and peck the smaller’s pink lips once, “Well, we are going to renew our vows and I really, really, really, want to show you off to everyone. We didn’t even hold a party before so now, I want to invite everyone so they’ll know about us. So yeah, we’re coming here to prepare for our wedding.”

 

Baekhyun gasped in surprise when he heard Chanyeol’s explanation, totally not expecting this. Baekhyun opened his mouth to say something but nothing could come out of his mouth. Thinking that he was better in expressing with his action, Baekhyun wasted no time to pull Chanyeol down by his neck and he slanted their lips together in a kiss, mouthing ‘thank you’ over and over again against Chanyeol’s smiling lips.

 

The kiss might just have turned into a make-out session if it was not for Heechul, who had cleared his throat. “Well, I’m.. happy to see that you guys are happy.” Heechul beamed wide to both of them before getting back into business, “So what kind of suit do you guys want?”

 

Baekhyun was just going to answer when Chanyeol suddenly dragged Heechul away from him, leaving Baekhyun alone there as they talked in a corner in hushed voices.

 

 

 

 

Heechul raised an eyebrow at the annoyingly tall young male, silently asking what he was going to say to him. Chanyeol cleared his throat, feeling a bit awkward with the older guy but he just went with it because he had a perfect image of Baekhyun on their wedding day in his mind. So, to make that Baekhyun as a reality, Chanyeol needed Heechul’s help.

 

“Um,.. I actually a perfect image of Baek in my mind, on how he would look like on our wedding day later on, so I need you to help us to find this kind of suit for him.”

 

Heechul hummed as he listened to Chanyeol’s description of the wedding suits, nodding his head as he tried to ransack his mind for the perfect one. After he finished telling Heechul about the kind of suit that he wanted, Chanyeol stood there awkwardly as Heechul studied him closely. Chanyeol almost jumped when Heechul suddenly cleared his throat.

 

“I think I have just the perfect one for him.” Heechul smiled, for the first time to Chanyeol that made the taller blink in surprise. “By the way, I like this version of you more.” Heechul said while patting Chanyeol on his shoulders, making the giant tilt his head as he tried to understand what the older said.

 

“This.. version of me?”

 

Heechul nodded as he took a glance at Baekhyun, who was now flipping through one of the albums scattered on Heechul’s desk. “This version of you truly show how much in love you are with Baekhyunnie. The old version of you was..” Heechul bit his lips as he tried to find the right word, “.. a pain in the , I guess. Because you were acting so cold towards Baekhyun though I know, at that time you already started to like him, if the way you stole glances at him was any indication.”

 

Chanyeol’s cheeks automatically started to heat up when he heard Heechul’s words, which pulled out a chuckle from Heechul. “Take care of him and make him happy. You guys love each other and it is such a blessing to find the one that loves you as much as you love them. So, never let him go, Mr Park.” Heechul patted Chanyeol once again on his shoulder before walking towards Baekhyun. Chanyeol blushed hard as he looked at the walking figure before his eyes fell onto Baekhyun’s bright smile, thinking that,

 

Yes, Baekhyun is a blessing for me and I’m so lucky to get him as mine.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Here, I think this will be just perfect for you both.”

 

Baekhyun took the white suit that was given to him by Heechul and he glanced at Chanyeol’s black one. Baekhyun blinked his eyes as he looked up at Chanyeol with a raised eyebrow, gesturing to the difference of their suits. Baekhyun still remember that their wedding suits before were a mixed of the black and white for both of them but now, they were totally different. Baekhyun truly thought that they would relive their wedding day and wore the same wedding suits.

 

But when he saw Chanyeol just smiling mysteriously at him, Baekhyun knew that the taller got something up his sleeves. Chanyeol then decided to not delay the time, and he started to push Baekhyun towards one of the changing room. “Let’s put on these suits and get approval from Heechul hyung. But of course, we won’t show it to each other yet.”

 

Baekhyun rolled his eyes at Chanyeol’s words, realizing that Chanyeol had stolen his idea from before. The smaller made a face, “We’re already married anyway, why we still have to do that? Just let me have a look at you after you change.”

 

Chanyeol chuckled as he saw Baekhyun’s pout, sticking his tongue at the smaller as he walked towards his changing room. “Nope! Go change now and don’t even try to peek at me.”

 

Baekhyun’s mouth fell open as Chanyeol slammed the door close, leaving Baekhyun standing dumbfounded there. Heechul had just come back to them when he saw Baekhyun standing like that so he urged the smaller to try on the suit faster.

 

After some time, Chanyeol was satisfied with how he looked in his wedding suit. He couldn’t deny that he looked even better now, as he had been exercising with Sehun and Jongin sometimes, and his body had been better too. Chanyeol glanced at the room beside him, “Baekhyunnie, I’m going out now. You are not allowed to peek, you hear me?!”

 

Chanyeol laughed when he heard Baekhyun grumbling from inside the changing room and Chanyeol quickly opened the door to let Heechul look at him. Looking at the way Heechul’s eyes lighted up at the sight of him, Chanyeol knew that he looked good enough already so he went back to change.

 

The giant heard Baekhyun opening the door, and he smiled fondly when he heard Heechul’s gasp and squeals when he saw Baekhyun in his wedding suit. Again. “Oh my God, Baekhyun-ah! I swear only you can fit all my suits perfectly and amazingly like this!”

 

Chanyeol could imagine how flustered Baekhyun was being after Heechul complimented him so aggressively and shaking his head at those two, Chanyeol quickly changed into his own clothes again. After he was sure Baekhyun had gotten back into his room, Chanyeol went out and took a seat beside Heechul, nodding in satisfaction when the owner of the wedding boutique held his thumbs up at Chanyeol.

 

“He looks spectacular; like an angel.”

 

Chanyeol smirked smugly as he heard Heechul’s words, “I know. He’s my angel.”

 

Heechul scoffed loudly at that and he punched Chanyeol’s shoulder, making them both break out in a laughter which stopped only when Baekhyun emerged from the room. Chanyeol beamed as he stood up and pecked Baekhyun on his forehead, making the smaller blush a bit before they both went to follow Heechul and settled everything that they needed to.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I hope you’re hungry now, because we are going to go and have our lunch.”

 

Chanyeol said as he looked at Baekhyun, who had just entered the car. Baekhyun then looked at him with a small smile, rubbing his stomach as he cheered. “Aww, you know me so well. I am hungry, so can we hurry up, please?”

 

Chanyeol chuckled as he pulled on Baekhyun’s nose affectionately, “Of course, my prince. Your wish always is my command.” Chanyeol then started the ignition on and looked at Baekhyun, who somehow looked like he was struggling with the seatbelt. Without further ado, Chanyeol leant close to his husband, taking Baekhyun by surprise but the moment the smaller figured out what Chanyeol wanted to do, he leant back against his seat leisurely while wrapping his arms around Chanyeol’s neck and waited for Chanyeol to put the seatbelt on for him.

 

“Hehe, thank you, Yoda.” Baekhyun pulled the taller closer to him when he was done, kissing the giant as his way to show his gratitude. Chanyeol’s hands then came to rest on Baekhyun’s plump cheeks and the giant started to tilt his head to kiss Baekhyun better, making the smaller moan into the kiss. Baekhyun gasped when Chanyeol his lower lip and demanded an entrance, which Baekhyun easily gave him.

 

They both were too caught up in making out that when Chanyeol’s move a bit, he had managed to hit the honk, startling the both of them. They pulled away abruptly, blinking at each other as they breathed heavily, trying to catch their breath again. The both of them then started to laugh out of embarrassment, feeling the air inside the car got strangely hot after their small make-out session.

 

Baekhyun reached out to wipe the remnants of their saliva at the corner of Chanyeol’s lips, flushing red as he looked at Chanyeol’s slightly swollen and red lips. “L-Let’s just go now, I’m hungry.” Unable to hold his urge, Chanyeol leant down to steal one last kiss form Baekhyun’s lips before putting the gear into drive and started heading towards their next destination.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Um, why are we at a hotel?”

 

Baekhyun glanced up at Chanyeol as they walked towards the entrance of the hotel, wondering why they were there when they should be eating somewhere right now. Chanyeol looked down at the smaller male, a small smirk appearing on his lips as he asked Baekhyun back. “Why do you think we are here?”

 

Baekhyun narrowed his eyes at Chanyeol when the giant wriggled his eyebrows suggestively at Baekhyun, punching the taller’s arm as he asked him to be serious. Chanyeol winced in hurt when Baekhyun punched him and a pout automatically appeared on his face, “Ouch, you are so brutal!”

 

Baekhyun rolled his eyes as his hand shot up to rub the spot where he had punched Chanyeol before. “Okay, okay, I’m so sorry. Now can you please tell me why we are here?”

 

Chanyeol however looked at Baekhyun again with a mischievous look plastered on his face, “Am not telling you. You just have to wait until we get there.” Baekhyun huffed in annoyance at Chanyeol’s teasing and he wanted to move away from Chanyeol but before he could, Chanyeol had grabbed Baekhyun’s hand that was on Chanyeol’s arm and held it tight in his big hand, knowing that it could make Baekhyun’s annoyance dissipate right away. 

 

They both went into the elevator in the hotel and they went up to the 7th floor. Baekhyun’s jaw fell in amazement as he looked at the spacious and wide hall on that floor. Chanyeol helped to close Baekhyun’s mouth before he pulled Baekhyun into the hall, walking towards a corner where a round table was situated. Baekhyun’s eyes widened when he saw Mrs. Park, Luhan and Kyungsoo were there, seemingly waiting for them.

 

“Mom? Luhan hyung? Kyungsoo?” Baekhyun blinked his eyes as he looked at the three, “What are you guys doing here?” Chanyeol pulled out a chair for Baekhyun and guided his husband to the seat before sitting beside Baekhyun, letting his mother to entertain Baekhyun’s questions from now.

 

“Baekhyunnie, this hall is where your wedding party will be held.” Mrs. Park smiled as she ruffled Baekhyun’s hair affectionately. “This is where your eomma and me planned to have a party but since you guys didn’t want to make a big wedding before, we didn’t get to make it.”

 

“I am so happy when Chanyeol said he want to hold a wedding party for you both now because that means I get to make your mother’s and my dreams come true.”

 

Baekhyun let out a small breath through his mouth before he went to bury himself in Mrs. Park’s embrace, just feeling so touched and grateful that he still had her as his mother. “Aw thank you so much, mom.”

 

After Mrs. Park released him from her hold, Baekhyun turned to the other two males, asking the both of them about why they were also there. Luhan’s smile was so bright when he answered Baekhyun, “Well, we decided to help Mrs. Park to arrange the party and all.”

 

Kyungsoo nodded, agreeing with Luhan’s words before he added, “Because knowing you, Baek, you wouldn’t even know what to do for a party.”

 

Baekhyun stared offended at Kyungsoo when he heard that and he wanted to deny it but he couldn’t when Kyungsoo and Luhan started to laugh at him. Moreover, Chanyeol too had joined in and agreeing with them so Baekhyun couldn’t do anything when the majority was against him. He somehow whined out loud when Mrs. Park suddenly started to agree with the three, feeling betrayed by his mother-in-law.

 

Their laughter somehow was cut short when several people came in with food in their hands and started to arrange them on the table. Baekhyun couldn’t help but to salivate at the sight of food, hearing his own stomach grumbling as he was too hungry by now.

 

“These are the dishes that will be served during your party. So, let’s have a taste and change if we don’t like anything, ‘kay?”

 

Baekhyun nodded cutely at Mrs. Park’s words and he started to reach out for the food but Chanyeol had beat him to it, as the taller served some of the food into Baekhyun’s plate. The smaller just could smile brightly and pecked Chanyeol’s on his cheeks as thanks before he dug in his food, eating to his heart’s content.

 

They both didn’t realize how their mother and friends were looking at them with smiles plastered on their faces, happy for both of them.

 

 

---

 

 

 

Without him realizing, it had already been 2 months after they started preparing for their wedding day. Summer had approached them and the date to their party was too close now (it would be held the day after and Baekhyun was freaking out inside), as they had decided to celebrate their 3rd anniversary with this event, which was on June 14.

 

Baekhyun smiled softly as he looked at others that were moving around the hall for the final preparation. He didn’t know that getting married was this tiring and he was glad that they didn’t hold a big ceremony when they got married 3 years ago. He couldn’t imagine how tired their mothers would be if they agreed for a big ceremony back then.

 

Baekhyun and Chanyeol were so thankful for Mrs. Park and her minions (read: Kyungsoo, Luhan, Jongin and Sehun) that had helped them in preparing for the event. Truthfully, Chanyeol and Baekhyun didn’t even have to do that much work as everyone else had done so much already for them. And seeing how much effort everyone put into making his wedding ceremony a success like this, Baekhyun couldn’t help but to tear up a bit.

 

“Baek, are you crying?”

 

Baekhyun snapped out of his stupor when Kyungsoo suddenly came up to him, after he was finished going through the list of the food that would be served during the ceremony. Baekhyun blinked away the tears in his eyes and shook his head, denying it even though he knew Kyungsoo noticed it already.

 

“Are you seriously freaking out right now, Baek?” Kyungsoo asked incredulously as he took a seat beside Baekhyun, ruffling the elder’s hair affectionately. “You guys are already married, Baek. We are just going to celebrate you both, that’s all.”

 

Baekhyun puffed his cheeks out as he looked at Kyungsoo, “I’m not freaking out. I’m just.. um, nervous. Well, we did invite lots of our friends, so I just feel.. nervous. Yeah, that’s all.”

 

Kyungsoo let out a low chuckle as he pulled Baekhyun into his arms, hearing his best friend sighed in delight at the warm hug. Kyungsoo was happy for Baekhyun, because he knew that the brunette was truly happy being with Chanyeol and that Chanyeol really did take a good care of Baekhyun. And if before, Kyungsoo still felt something for Baekhyun, now, he could proudly say that he loved Baekhyun, but just as his best friend, as a brother that he never had.

 

And maybe it was also because of a certain tanned male’s charm that managed to make him moving on from Baekhyun.

 

“Well, the party tomorrow is literally just your anniversary party with lots of people coming to congratulate you so no need to be nervous, Baekhyun-ah.” Kyungsoo rubbed Baekhyun on his back tenderly, before Baekhyun pulled away from him with a wide smile on his face.

 

“Well, thank you, Soo. You are always there for me, ever since we were little kids with snots running down our noses. I can’t thank you enough for everything that you had done to me.” Baekhyun’s eyes were shining again, results of the tears welling in his eyes.

 

Kyungsoo scoffed once, “One, I don’t have snots running down my nose back then and two, you don’t need to thank me, Baekhyunnie. We are friends so of course I’ll always be there for you. And you do the same things to me, so we’re even.”

 

Baekhyun let out a soft smile at Kyungsoo’s words and he hugged Kyungsoo once more, utterly grateful that he had such good friends beside him. Their small moment however was interrupted by when two certain tall people cleared their throats. Both Kyungsoo and Baekhyun pulled away from each other only to see Jongin pouting and Chanyeol frowning at them two.

 

“I’m sorry for interrupting but if you may know, Mr. Do, the person you’re hugging is my husband.” Chanyeol narrowed his eyes at Kyungsoo as he moved to stand behind Baekhyun’s chair, leaning down to give a backhug to Baekhyun in a possessive manner. Jongin however didn’t want to lose so he went to backhug Kyungsoo too, “Then Mr. Park, please tell your husband that the man he was hugging just now is my boyfriend. So please, back off.”

 

Baekhyun and Kyungsoo both rolled their eyes when Chanyeol and Jongin started to break out into a small quarrel. Kyungsoo looked at Baekhyun with a sigh, looking so tired of Jongin’s childish acts – which Baekhyun could perfectly relate to.

 

Those tall dumbos were just lucky that Kyungsoo and Baekhyun loved their dumb asses too much to care about their behaviors.

 

 

---

 

 

 

In a blink of an eye, the day had come.

 

 

 

Chanyeol took a deep breath as he looked around the venue, watching as everyone started to fill in. He gave his father a smile when Mr. Park patted him on his back and wishing him good luck, as they both waited for the event to start. Every guest was donned in black suits and black dresses, just like how Chanyeol suggested for the theme of the ceremony. Mrs. Park was surrounded with her friends, talking animatedly with all the guests while his friends too were busy greeting their friends from university. Chanyeol saw Kris and Chen among them, glad that they could come all the way from China for this wedding.

 

Once everyone had settled down, it was time for the event to start. Chanyeol stood in front of the officiant (which actually just Junmyeon, who volunteered to be one) with Jongin again at his side, who patted him on his shoulder as he whispered, “You really should tone down that smile, bro. It’s getting creepy.”

 

Chanyeol just hissed at Jongin who was cackling now, but they both perked up when the door to the hall opened. All lights went out and a big spotlight went to shine on the main character for the night. Chanyeol let out a shaky breath as he stared at the man he loved, clad in all white and looking perfect just like an angel.

 

Chanyeol barely registered the gasp that Jongin let out as he saw Kyungsoo’s beautiful smile as he helped Baekhyun to walk down the aisle.

 

Chanyeol couldn’t even hide the wide smile plastered on his face as he heard all the guests marveling on how beautiful Baekhyun was, shining like a star among the darkness. Chanyeol purposely asked for a theme where Baekhyun would be the only one wearing white, because Chanyeol wanted everyone to see how Baekhyun shine – to show to everyone how Baekhyun looked in his eyes.

 

Chanyeol’s heart was beating madly when Baekhyun was in front of him and the giant reached out a hand to take Baekhyun’s hand from Kyungsoo, who just smiled approvingly at Chanyeol. Chanyeol however couldn’t take his eyes off Baekhyun, which made the smaller blushed a bit, feeling his face getting hot from all the attention that he got.

 

Baekhyuns stepped up on the small altar to stand beside Chanyeol, feeling himself shiver when Chanyeol leant down to whisper in Baekhyun’s ear with his deep voice. “You look amazing, love.” Baekhyun smiled bashfully at the taller, taking in Chanyeol’s great appearance with his hair pushed back, just like how Baekhyun liked it.

 

“Y-You too, Yeol.”

 

Chanyeol smiled at Baekhyun’s blushing face before they both turned to Junmyeon, who just smiled fondly at them.  Without wasting anytime, Junmyeon started the ceremony and motioned for Chanyeol to start saying his vow.

 

“Park Baekhyun, on this date 3 years ago, we have gotten married to each other. But we did, because of our mothers. At that time, I didn’t even like you.. heck, I felt annoyed whenever you were near me and of course I didn’t want to get married to you. But then, our mothers were so confident that we would be living a happy life together in the future, so I agreed. And look where we are now.” Chanyeol reached out his hands to grab both Baekhyun’s hands in his, “Baek, I promised your mother that I will take care of you on behalf of her.”

 

Chanyeol smiled softly when Baekhyun’s eyes started to well up with tears, so he cupped Baekhyun’s left cheek with his right palm. “And I promise you too, that I will take care of you, I will always be with you during your happy times and also during your darkest times. And now, I will to do it because I want to, not because of everyone else. But because of me myself, want to be with you forever.”

 

Chanyeol chuckled, “Well, I can’t really promise you a ‘forever’ but I will try my hardest to be with you as long as I can. And I can’t promise you that we won’t be fighting in the future, because we will. But I can promise you that I will try my best to always find a solution to all of our arguments, and to always make things right after.”

 

Chanyeol caressed Baekhyun’s plump cheek with his thumb, staring deep into Baekhyun’s teary eyes, seeing how Baekhyun looked up at him with stars in his eyes. “I love you, Park Baekhyun.”

 

Seeing that Chanyeol had finished with his vow, Junmyeon motioned for Baekhyun to start saying his but everyone started laughing when Baekhyun asked for a minute to wipe away his tears. Once Baekhyun had calmed himself down, he nodded to Junmyeon and looked up at Chanyeol again, taking in a deep breath to stop his heart from beating too loud.

 

“Park Chanyeol, I’ve liked you since our first year in university. The moment I see you entering the hall on our first day at the university, I have taken a liking on you. I remember seeing you, Sehun and Jongin walking in with your tall physiques and handsome faces. But that was not what caught my attention; instead, it was your big ears.” Baekhyun giggled softly as he reached to pull on Chanyeol’s ear affectionately, hearing some of their friends snickering from their seats.

 

“And Yoda is really just my nickname for you, because you are too adorable. I don’t know that you will hate me because of it,” Baekhyun pouted sadly, which prompted Chanyeol to shake his head while denying it. Baekhyun just laughed it off before continuing, “And I was so happy when eomma asked me to marry you, even though I know that you didn’t like me. But I was determined to make you fall for me, which I think is quite successful?”

 

Baekhyun peered up at Chanyeol cutely, which made the taller squished Baekhyun’s cheeks once while nodding, “Yes, love, it’s such a big success! I’m head over heels for you.”

 

Baekhyun beamed wide at that as he took Chanyeol’s hands in his, “Well, I’m glad because I love you too.” They both smiled widely at each other and Junmyeon thought Baekhyun was done, but when he wanted to proceed with the ceremony, Baekhyun suddenly opened his mouth again.

 

“I.. I was a bit taken aback, when I knew about eomma’s illness. And I was even more shocked and I somehow felt betrayed when I knew that you knew and that you kept it all from me.” Baekhyun said softly while looking down, making Chanyeol moved closer to him to pull his face up again.

 

“B-Baek,.. I’m-“

 

“No, no need to say sorry, Yeol. It was wrong of me to get mad at you and I really am regretting what I did at that time. I just.. I’m just so thankful for you, for taking care of eomma when I couldn’t, and for loving her as much as I love her. You.. you just make me love you even more than I already am. I am so, so , so in love with you, Park Chanyeol.”

 

It was Chanyeol’s turn to have tears in his eyes, and Junmyeon didn’t even get to ask him to kiss the groom because Park Chanyeol just swoop right in and kissed Baekhyun senselessly, even in front of everyone. Chanyeol just couldn’t hold it; his heart was just full of Baekhyun, his heart beat faster because of him and Baekhyun just made him feel nervous yet happy and also anxious at the same time – Baekhyun just made Chanyeol’s feelings went haywire that he just had to kiss him.

 

The both of them was so caught up in their own world that they finally realized where they were when people start hooting and cheering for them, with their friends’ voices being the loudest. Baekhyun’s eyes snapped open in embarrassment and he put his hands on Chanyeol’s chest to push him away but Chanyeol just tightened his hold on Baekhyun’s waist and kissed him harder, further encouraging their friends’ embarrassing hoots. 

 

Chanyeol finally took a pity on Baekhyun and released his small husband, his eyes glinting as he wiped the string of saliva on the corner of Baekhyun’s mouth. Baekhyun was blushing madly and he hit Chanyeol’s arms repeatedly for embarrassing him, which Chanyeol just laughed it off.

 

Only after the scene they remembered that they still didn’t exchange rings. Jongin smacked Chanyeol’s head once for being too rash, before he handed the ring for Chanyeol to slide it onto Baekhyun’s slender finger that Chanyeol loved too much. Kyungsoo then handed Baekhyun the ring too and everyone gave them a big clap when Baekhyun had put on the ring on Chanyeol. They then sealed it off with a small kiss after, smiling widely at the cheering guests with their hands held tight.

 

The guests then were invited to enjoy the food while Chanyeol and Baekhyun went around greeting the guests. Baekhyun’s cheeks were already hurting from smiling and for thanking everyone that congratulate them and Chanyeol just kissed his temple while asking him to be patient for a bit more.

 

Sensing that Baekhyun might be tired, Chanyeol excused themselves and guided the smaller to their table, where their parents and friends were sitting at. They both hugged Chen and Kris, only then finally having the chance to talk with them and not forgetting to thank both of them for spending their precious time just to come all the way to Seoul. They all were having small talks while eating when suddenly someone tapped Baekhyun’s shoulder for his attention.

 

Baekhyun turned around and his eyes widened when he saw who it was. “Hyori! You made it!” Baekhyun quickly stood up and hugged the small girl, laughing at the squeals that the girl let out. “Oh my God, you look absolutely amazing! Oh hey, Chanyeol! Hi everyone!”

 

Chanyeol just nodded his head at the girl, shocked that the girl could come to their party even after so long not meeting her. Well, guess Baekhyun still stay in contact with her after all this while. All of their friends were quite shocked when they see the girl again after so long and they didn’t know that Baekhyun was close with her, but they didn’t really think about it. Instead, they all went to talk with the girl too, getting to know her more.

 

“Where’s Wooshik?”

 

Baekhyun was glad that Hyori’s love story went well and he was glad that Wooshik really stood up against his parents and married Hyori after. And to top it all, they were now gifted with their first child already. Not long after Baekhyun asking about him, Wooshik came towards them with a small baby girl in his hand, clad in pink gown and pink headband. Baekhyun gasped out loud when he saw the baby and he couldn’t help his squeal, looking at Hyori with his eyes wide.

 

“Is this Hyeri? Oh my God, she’s so cute!! Can I.. Can I hold her?” Baekhyun asked softly, wanting madly to hold the chubby baby. Hyori just laughed at Baekhyun’s eagerness and just as she nodded, Baekhyun wasted no time in taking the girl in his arms.

 

Chanyeol felt his heart skipped a beat when his gaze fell on the sight in front of him – Baekhyun holding onto the baby girl and cooing at the girl who giggled loudly even though it’s her first time to see Baekhyun.

 

“Ah, I see she already likes you. You’d make a good father, Baekhyun-ah.”

 

Wooshik complimented Baekhyun, which made the smaller felt bashful. Chanyeol felt his heart flutter at that so he went to stand behind Baekhyun, cooing at the girl too. “She’s so cute, Yeol!” Chanyeol looked down at Baekhyun, who was looking up at him with his eyes turning into crescents from how hard he was smiling.

 

Chanyeol almost felt jealous when he saw Baekhyun paying all attention to the baby but how couldn’t he feel jealous when Baekhyun was being so beautiful and radiant holding a baby in his hands like that?

 

They then were interrupted by Junmyeon’s voice, asking for the married couple to get onto the dance floor for their ‘first dance’. Baekhyun turned to Chanyeol with his eyes wide, shocked with the sudden event and Chanyeol was shocked too. They turned to their cackling friends and Chanyeol almost held up his middle finger to them but he quickly changed it into a fist instead because there were just too many people there.

 

Baekhyun begrudgingly gave Hyeri back to Hyori and all of their friends started to push them towards the dance floor, clapping like mad men when Chanyeol and Baekhyun were bathed with spotlight. Chanyeol let out a small groan, which made Baekhyun laughed out loud.

 

“What are you laughing about?”

 

Baekhyun shook his head as he stepped closer to Chanyeol, leading Chanyeol’s hands to his waist before wrapping his arms around Chanyeol’s neck. “Well, I know how much you don’t like to dance but since we are here, let’s just enjoy ourselves.”

 

Chanyeol pouted a bit but he still swayed their bodies together when a soft music started playing, enjoying having Baekhyun in his arms. Baekhyun hummed in content as they moved to the music together, and he put his head on Chanyeol’s broad chest, taking in the sound of Chanyeol’s loud heartbeats even though there were many people there.

 

“Baek..”

 

“Hm?”

 

Baekhyun pulled away from Chanyeol’s chest, looking up at the giant who was staring nervously at him. Chanyeol had been thinking about it for some times already but after seeing the scene just now, he decided to take the plunge and asked Baekhyun. “Do you.. Do you.. want a child with me?”

 

Baekhyun blinked his eyes, his mouth opened and shut as there were no words that could leave his mouth. They both had stopped dancing by now, just looking at each other. “Um, o-of course not now.. um, I.. I mean, in a few years, when we’re more stable and all,.. well, you just look so beautiful while holding a baby and you look radiant and just so happy so I couldn’t stop myself from imagining you holding our future children, so would you want to adopt maybe a boy or a girl-“

 

“Of course, I’d love to, Yeol!”

 

Chanyeol blinked his eyes when Baekhyun beamed widely at him as he almost shouted the answer to Chanyeol. And when he finally registered that Baekhyun had just agreed to it, Chanyeol quickly swept Baekhyun off his feet and turned him around, making the smaller shrieked in delight. That certainly pulled people’s attention towards them and all of their friends started to cheer for them again, despite not knowing what happened.

 

Chanyeol finally put Baekhyun down on the floor again, cupping Baekhyun’s plump cheeks in his hands, “Oh God, I love you, Baek! I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you so much!”

 

Baekhyun squealed when Chanyeol left rain of kisses on his face, gasping when the giant kissed him straight on the lips lastly, his way into Baekhyun’s mouth without shame. Baekhyun felt himself burning up from the hot kiss but he just couldn’t resist it when Chanyeol was kissing him like this, stealing all his breath and leaving Baekhyun feeling breathless and all.

 

When Chanyeol pulled away from him, Baekhyun could see the tears in Chanyeol’s eyes and he reached out to wipe the tears away, feeling the butterflies in his stomach fluttering at the adorable sight of his husband.

 

“I love you too, Yeol.”

 

“I love you more, Baek.” Chanyeol quipped up after, grinning widely as he squeezed Baekhyun in his warm hug, feeling extremely content with everything.

 

“No, I love you more, Yoda!”

 

“I love you the most, midget!”

 

Feeling annoyed, Baekhyun pulled on Chanyeol’s ear and they laughed out loud, not realizing that their friends had also joined them at the dance floor. They only realized it when everyone started to gang up on Chanyeol and started bullying him before finally, hoisting his tall body into the air as they cheered for him.

 

Baekhyun laughed as he watched the scene, looking around and gazing at all of the people that had been there in his life. Baekhyun was so grateful that even though his parents had left him, God gave him even more people in his life and of course, God gave him Chanyeol, the most precious person in this world.

 

Baekhyun smiled fondly as he watched Chanyeol laughing with the others, his smile getting wider when the taller managed to catch his eyes even from afar. Baekhyun snorted when Chanyeol threw him a flying kiss and was teased by their friends right after. Baekhyun shook his head at that, chukling softly.

 

 

 

‘Thank you for being my husband, Park Chanyeol. I love you.’

 

 


 

With this chapter, I mark this story as complete.

Thank you everyone for reading this humble fic of mine :D

Sorry for the crappy ending i dont know how to end a story haha

Till we meet again \^o^/