Holiday pt 1

Be My Husband

 

 

Jongin fluttered his eyes open that morning only to be met with a sleeping face in front of his own, warm breath exhaled on his face. The still groggy male blinked his eyes slowly, admiring the sight of the sleeping person in front of him – taking in the crisp at the corner of the eyes, the occasional flutter of the eyes, the faint crinkle of the nose and the slight opening of the mouth.

Jongin wouldn’t deny that Do Kyungsoo truly caught his interest. All this while, Jongin knew Kyungsoo only as Baekhyun’s best friend, the quiet and silent guy that contrast too much to the hyper Baekhyun that always came and make Chanyeol’s life a little bit interesting. Jongin didn’t pay too much attention to Kyungsoo before, because he was more caught up with the unique little thing called Byun Baekhyun - and enjoying watching Chanyeol losing his over the said midget.

But along the way, Jongin started to notice him – always seeing the roll of his eyes whenever Baekhyun came up to Chanyeol, detecting the way he glowered when Baekhyun brightened up at the sight of Chanyeol, noting how he tend to glare at Chanyeol a little way too much. That was why, it didn’t really surprise him when Kyungsoo reacted the way he did when Baekhyun broke the news of his and Chanyeol’s wedding back then. Jongin somehow could already guess about the shorter male’s feelings towards Baekhyun. It was not obvious, no one could even expect it – because Kyungsoo was just a man with little words and his face was quite stoic. Even though he got wide eyes, he knew how to conceal his feelings and not show it to people.

But if someone paid real close attention to his actions, the way his eyes changed and the way he bit or pursed his lips, one could at least guess what he was feeling at the moment.

 

Like Jongin did.

 

Jongin knew really well that Kyungsoo at least liked Baekhyun, if it’s not love already. And he also knew how Kyungsoo seemed to detest Chanyeol, mainly because Chanyeol got Baekhyun’s attention. And Jongin also knew that it was not his problem, that he shouldn’t get into their love triangle or whatsoever but Jongin just couldn’t sit still watching all the drama unfurled in front of his eyes.

Even blind people could sense that Chanyeol actually liked Baekhyun and Baekhyun obviously liked the tall giant too. Though Jongin could only sympathize with Kyungsoo (the man was there first with Baekhyun before Chanyeol anyway), but it was already clear as the light of day that Kyungsoo was losing the battle. And being a nice guy that Jongin was, he wanted to help him, to at least cushion the fall so that he wouldn’t be badly hurt.

 

Jongin couldn’t say that he liked Kyungsoo yet, but the guy definitely intrigued him.

 

And maybe that’s enough to help Kyungsoo, to spare him the heartbreak.

 

(Though it might actually have been a little too late for that - maybe Kyungsoo's heart was broken already - but one could hope.)

 

 

Jongin broke out of his stupor when Kyungsoo groaned and let out a yawn, rubbing his eyes as he was waking up. Not wanting to be caught, Jongin just closed his eyes again, pretending to still be asleep and controlled his breathing so it wouldn’t be too obvious. Jongin patted himself on his back mentally when Kyungsoo didn’t seem to notice that he was already awake, so Jongin just stayed still; hoping Kyungsoo would get up soon so he could finally move.

But even after a minute, Kyungsoo seemed to be still in his spot, which was on his side facing Jongin. Jongin felt his heart beating louder, hyper aware of Kyungsoo’s presence in front of him and he swore he could feel Kyungsoo’s stare on him. He didn’t know how he looked right now, but surely it wasn’t a pleasant sight to see his bed hair and his newly-woken-up face.

 

But wait, is Kyungsoo staring at me?

 

Jongin held back a smirk because he was sure Kyungsoo was still facing him (because he still could feel Kyungsoo’s warm breathe in front of his face) and he didn’t know how to explain the flutter in his chest at the thought of Kyungsoo watching him sleep. He purposely moved a bit, furrowing his face further into his pillow, just to see how Kyungsoo would react. He felt successful when Kyungsoo seemed to be holding back his breath, waiting till Jongin stopped moving before the guy sighed softly in relief. He waited for a few seconds more, waiting to feel if Kyungsoo was still staring at him and it was nice to feel that indeed, Kyungsoo’s stare was still on him - the flutter in Jongin's chest automatically intensified.

 

“Like what you see?”

 

Jongin uttered out while opening his eyes, his mouth curled into a tiny smirk when he heard Kyungsoo let out a surprised yelp with his eyes widened, exactly like a deer caught in the headlight. Jongin cocked his head once, challenging Kyungsoo to answer it and his smirk widened when red started to bloom on Kyungsoo’s cheeks, making him look even more adorable with his hair sticking out in every directions. The tanned male watched as Kyungsoo’s eyes seemed to waver for a moment, looking so flustered that he was caught in the act.

However, Kyungsoo looked flustered for just a moment because right after, he was staring straight at Jongin, confident with his stare and a small smirk smile on his face as he raised his eyebrows. Jongin blinked in daze because he swore, just a moment before, Kyungsoo seemed so flustered but now, he looked so poised with the small upturn of the corner of his lips. 

 

“What about you? Had fun staring at me while I sleep?”

 

Jongin’s mouth fell open at Kyungsoo’s question and just in a blink of an eye, the table had turned. Jongin blinked rapidly and his mouth opened and closed, trying to say something but nothing came out of his mouth, still flabbergasted at the fact that he was the one who was caught in the act. Kyungsoo pushed Jongin’s chin with his index finger softly to close Jongin’s mouth, chuckling lightly as he was doing so. “Morning, Jongin.” Kyungsoo said with a wink before he got up and threw his legs off the bed at his side, walking away to his baggage to take his things first to be brought to the bathroom – all the while leaving the dumbfounded Jongin on the bed, still trying to process what had happened.

 

What.. the.. hell??

 

---

 

Chanyeol slowly transferred Baekhyun’s head off his chest to the pillow next to his, staying still for a while to not wake the brunette up and watched Baekhyun settled further into his pillow to continue his sleep. Chanyeol heaved a relieved sigh and tucked Baekhyun further into the cover, hoping that the latter could sleep and get some rest.

After their talk last night, Baekhyun had fallen asleep while sobbing on his chest, obviously spent from his breakdown. Chanyeol had carried him back into the house with care, not wanting to wake up the others and it was not an easy task for Chanyeol, but he managed. When he pulled away after he put the sleeping male on the bed, Baekhyun had grabbed onto his shirt tight, asking him to stay though his eyes were closed, obviously unconscious of his action. The smaller looked so vulnerable that Chanyeol decided to climb in under the cover too and just let Baekhyun held onto him as he slept.

He didn’t expect to see Baekhyun crying in front of him and it was shocking to see that, because the Baekhyun that he knew for the past three years was the annoying, obnoxious, troublesome, loud and the likes. And Chanyeol knew that Baekhyun was a human, of course he could cry too but to see it with his own eyes was not something that Chanyeol had ever imagined.

Chanyeol sighed softly as walked to the bathroom to wash his face and brush his teeth before going out of the room to the kitchen. He was pulled out of his reverie when he heard the sizzling sound of the pan the moment he stepped his feet in the kitchen. He hid in his scowl when he noticed that the person who was cooking was Kyungsoo. To be honest, Chanyeol didn’t have anything against Kyungsoo but the small guy just kept on getting on his nerves. He was the one who came and attacked Chanyeol out of the blue, suddenly claiming that Baekhyun was his and all. And not to mention the punch that Chanyeol still hadn’t replied yet – of course Chanyeol would be all y towards him.

 

“I can feel your glare on me, Park.”

 

Chanyeol blinked in surprise at the sudden words coming from Kyungsoo’s mouth, though the smaller was back facing him right now. “Well, I hope glares could kill…” The giant pursed his lips as he mumbled the words and walked to take a glass to drink his milk with. Kyungsoo snorted softly because he clearly heard what Chanyeol mumbled just now but he could let it pass. Well, it was his fault anyway; to go and punch the guy like that when it was not even his fault that their mothers arranged the wedding for them. But still, even if it’s not Chanyeol’s fault, it didn’t make it hurt any less. Kyungsoo was still coping, he was still trying to accept all these feelings – the dejected feeling; when he knew that he was fighting a losing battle with no hope to win at all - and he thought that maybe he could feel better.

 

Soon.

 

He’s one of the theater club members anyway; he had learnt every trick on how to act, how to express what he feels and also how to conceal how he feels - of course he could do this, of course he could act like he had moved on.

 

(Maybe if he kept on saying that to himself, he’d seriously feel better soon.)

 

“I’m sorry to disappoint but I don’t think I’d die anytime soon, Park.”

 

Kyungsoo uttered with a smirk as he transferred the bacon strips that he had been frying into a plate. He could hear Chanyeol choking on his milk but he ignored it as he put the plate on the dining table and proceeded to make some scrambled egg and also half-boiled egg. Baekhyun liked having half-boiled egg for his breakfast and Kyungsoo was going to give him just what he liked.

They both fell into a not-so-comfortable silence but it was bearable enough as Kyungsoo kept on busying himself with his cooking while Chanyeol decided to be useful and make some toast to feed the others. But of course, two men trying to move around in the kitchen proved to be hard as they both kept brushing with each other. And Chanyeol being the nice guy he was, he kept on sending daggers at Kyungsoo, annoyed to have physical contact with the latter.

 

“Can you stop glaring at me?!”

 

Kyungsoo couldn’t help the edgy tone of his voice because really, it’s getting annoying when you kept on being glared at. He had tried his best to stay civil and being nice to Chanyeol – to not do what his broken heart had told him to do – but he couldn’t actually do that when the taller kept on sending death glares at him. Chanyeol rolled his eyes at Kyungsoo and the corner of his lips pulled into a small smirk, “I can, if you can stay away from what’s mine.”

Kyungsoo whipped his head to look at Chanyeol, his eyes narrowed into dangerous slits and his grip on the handle of the pan getting tighter. His chest was heaving in anger and he tried to collect himself, to ask himself to cool down and stop himself from gifting the rude giant another punch. Kyungsoo took a deep breath and closed his eyes for a moment before he looked at Chanyeol straight in the eyes. “And what is yours, actually?” Kyungsoo raised his eyebrow, challenging Chanyeol with the deathly stare of his wide eyes.

 

“Baekhyun. Park Baekhyun.”

 

Chanyeol said the name with a hint of smug; his head cocked to a side as he crossed his arms on his chest, the strawberry jam that he was spreading on the bread was forgotten. Park Chanyeol didn't even know what made him say that, but one thing for sure, he wanted to annoy the small guy in front of him, to say things that surely would make him mad. 

 

Why?

 

I don't even know why, but I just want to do this.

 

Throwing away his conscience out of the window, Chanyeol reveled in the moment; watching as Kyungsoo’s jaw clenched hard and the vein on his temple making an appearance – a perfect image of an annoyed person, just like Chanyeol wanted to see. The tall giant somehow felt like he had accomplished something and he himself didn't know that he could be this kind of.. jerk.

 

“Heh, but the last time I see and hear, Park Chanyeol, you don’t love or even like Byun Baekhyun. To say that he’s yours.. isn’t that a little bit pretentious?”

 

Kyungsoo scoffed out the words as he turned his body fully to look at Chanyeol, also mirroring the taller with his arms crossed on his chest – though it’s mostly to not make his fist come in contact with Chanyeol’s jaw. Chanyeol felt a pang in his heart and he couldn’t deny that what Kyungsoo said was true. He didn’t love Baekhyun - heck, he didn’t even like the guy - so why was he being so worked up whenever Baekhyun and Kyungsoo were together? They’re bestfriends anyway, they had been together since forever. So what’s the difference now?

 

But Baekhyun is not his either, so why does he said Baekhyun was his?

 

“And you?" Chanyeol scoffed once, rolling his eyes at the smaller. "You like him, you want him, yet you stay by his side, pretending as his bestfriend.. isn’t that even more pretentious?”

 

Kyungsoo’s eyes flared up in anger at the accusation that Chanyeol had thrown towards him. He, by no means, stayed beside Baekhyun because of whatever reason that Chanyeol had sprouted about. He was Baekhyun’s friend, scratch that, he was Baekhyun's bestfriend first before any other feelings came up, so to say that he was pretending to be Baekhyun’s bestfriend was way too much and Kyungsoo was not going to let the impudent giant got the satisfaction of saying nonsense about him when he didn’t even know Kyungsoo well.

 

“I’m not even pretendi-“

 

“Um, is something burning? I smell something unpleasant.”

 

Kyungsoo’s raised voice was stopped when Luhan suddenly appeared at the kitchen, looking at them both with his nose wrinkled, and only then Kyungsoo remembered the scrambled egg that he was making. He glared one last time at Chanyeol before he turned to attend to the damaged egg, hiding his face from Luhan so that the older wouldn’t notice the murderous expression that he was having on his face now. Chanyeol and Luhan just watched as Kyungsoo walked to dump the food away and deciding that he too needed to get away from there, Chanyeol took a plate of toast for him to munch on in the living room. He walked past Luhan at the kitchen door but he halted in his steps when Luhan’s hand held onto his arm.

 

“That was a move coming from you, Chanyeol. You shouldn’t have said that to him.”

 

Chanyeol could feel heat creeping up his neck all the way to his ears, embarrassed with what he had done. Yes, he himself knew that it was very, totally, definitely mean of him to say that to Kyungsoo but he couldn’t stop himself just now. Heck, he didn’t even know what made him say that. Slowly tugging his arm out of Luhan’s hold, Chanyeol continued making his way to the living room and plopped down on the couch, balancing the plate on his knees and opened up the television, trying to melt his guilt away.

 

---

 

"Okay, eomma. Bye."

 

Baekhyun smiled as he hung up his phone call with his mother, feeling better that he now had listened to his mother's soothing voice. Though, he could tell that her voice sounded a bit weak. But eomma said she's fine, I shouldn't sweat it too much. He nodded to himself and threw the cover off him, looking at the empty spot beside him. He had woken up without Chanyeol beside him and he was extremely grateful for that, because he didn't think that he could see Chanyeol's face just yet.

Baekhyun climbed off the bed and went to freshen up a bit before he opened the door of his room, to go to the kitchen since he felt hungry. He however stopped in his track when he saw the back of Chanyeol's head on the couch the moment he opened the door, watching the television alone in the living room. The brunette could feel all blood rushing up to his face when the memories from last night resurfaced again. 

Baekhyun didn't intend to cry - sobbing helplessly in front of Chanyeol like that. Though he had expected his breakdown - it had happened always when beach was mentioned anyway - but he didn't even expect it would be Chanyeol who watched him, instead of Kyungsoo. Well, Baekhyun was only vulnerable in front of Kyungsoo and Jongdae before and to think that he had completely put his walls down in front of Chanyeol befuddled him a bit lot.

And not to forget, the great discovery that had came to him last night - the fact that he loved Chanyeol. It's not a mere crush anymore, this was real now - he had completely fallen for the giant! 

 

 

But maybe it was not true too, maybe it was a spur in the moment. Maybe I thought I love him since I was not in the right state of mind last night. 

 

But my feelings... I should know how I myself feel..

 

I know that I like him.. but this feeling, it's more intense.. 

 

It's love, right?

 

Argh, I don't know anymore!

 

Taking a deep breath to comfort himself, Baekhyun stepped out of the room, tip-toeing to the kitchen to not attract Chanyeol's attention since he was still not ready to face the guy. He heaved a relieved sigh when he managed to pass the living room unnoticed and when he stepped into the kitchen, he saw that Luhan was seating in between Sehun and Jongin on one side, while Kyungsoo was sitting across Luhan, in the middle seat of the other side. He greeted the others that were already there in the kitchen and saw that they were all munching on what seemed to be bacon strips, eggs and also toast.

 

"Oh hyung, you're finally awake. Why so late, anyway? Chanyeol kept you up last night?"

 

Sehun wiggled his eyebrows teasingly and laughed hard when Baekhyun's face became totally red and had no comeback to shoot at him. The blonde however stopped laughing when no one else laughed along with him at his joke, not even Luhan. Kyungsoo was just looking down, quiet (not that he's noisy before, but he's now even more quiet) while Luhan and Jongin were glancing at the owl-eyed guy not so discreetly. Both Baekhyun and Sehun blinked at the sudden heavy atmosphere and looked at each other, both wondering what had happened. Deciding that Sehun was just as clueless as he was, Baekhyun went to plop down beside Kyungsoo, hoping to get some answer. 

 

"Soo, why-"

 

"You like half-boiled egg, right?" Kyungsoo smiled as he looked at Baekhyun, "I made it for you. Eat, I know you're hungry."

 

Baekhyun opened his mouth to say something but Kyungsoo had looked away to put all the food in the plate in front of Baekhyun, so the brunette just nodded and proceeded to eat. Well, it must be nothing. He started to eat and though the heavy atmosphere still hovered above them, no one commented on it.

 

"Baekhyun hyumf, you shtill wamf to go swimfing, aite?"

 

Baekhyun grimaced as he looked at Sehun, who was talking with his mouth full and that is really inappropriate of you, Oh Sehun omg I swear I see something flying out of his mouth just now ewww and he snorted out loud when Luhan smacked the younger upside the head. "Swallow before you talk, Oh Sehun. How many times should I tell you that?" Luhan gritted through his clenched teeth, narrowing his eyes at the bratty maknae that unfortunately, was his boyfriend. Baekhyun rolled his eyes when he saw the suggestive smirk appearing on Sehun's face, knowing beforehand that an unnecessary comment would come out of his mouth soon. 

 

"Swallow.. like you did last night?"

 

See, told you so.

 

Just after Sehun said that, both him and Jongin laughed hard as they high-fived right in front of Luhan's face, annoying the already red-faced Luhan further while Kyungsoo cringed in his spot, muttering under his breath on how he didnt want to hear the details. Baekhyun looked in awe as Luhan pulled both Jongin's and Sehun's ears, successfully shutting them up and sending them whining while trying to pull off Luhan's hands from their ears. Baekhyun couldn't help the snicker that came out of his mouth and Kyungsoo seemed like he couldn't either, so they both ended up laughing at the maknaes, all dark aura surrounding them just now vanished into thin air.

 

---

 

Chanyeol stayed at the furthest back as they all walked to the beach, still feeling remorseful over what he had done to Kyungsoo before. He knew that he was being a jerk and it was totally uncalled; the things that he had said to Kyungsoo. If he could, he wanted to take them back because he didnt deserve to say anything like that but of course, along with his tall self came a very high and big ego too. He didnt think that he'd go and apologize soon.

And also, Baekhyun keeping on avoiding him didn't make his feelings any better. The brunette just shied away when they were getting ready in their room just now, his face red and not even looking at Chanyeol's face. And when they went back to the living room, Baekhyun just went to latch himself onto Kyungsoo (which he felt the pang in his heart again but decided to shut it out because he was being irrational) before the puppy walked away with the excited Sehun and Jongin.

 

"Sunblock, kids!"

 

Chanyeol looked up when he heard Luhan's voice and only then he noticed that they had reached a spot where there were three rest chairs and a small bench beside it. Sehun and Jongin, who had thrown off their shirts over their head carelessly and were only starting to run towards the water, stopped in their steps and turned back to Luhan, taking the sunblock in their palm and helped rubbing it onto each other.

Chanyeol saw that Luhan was helping Kyungsoo and that Baekhyun was sitting on one of the restchair,  struggling to hold up his shirt in one hand (because he still got his shirt on his body) and trying to put the sunblock on himself with the other hand. Pitying him, Chanyeol walked up to sit on the chair behind the smaller and took the bottle of sunblock away from his hand. "Come here, let me." Baekhyun stiffened for a while when he heard the deep voice from behind him so he turned his head and saw Chanyeol looming over from behind. Gulping, Baekhyun nodded his head and turned his face to the front again, feeling self-conscious of Chanyeol's presence.

 

"You don't want to take off your shirt? It'd be easier."

 

Chanyeol felt his lips twitched upwards slightly when the tip of Baekhyun's ears and also his nape started to bloom with red when he asked him the question. Baekhyun eventually shook his head slightly so Chanyeol just hummed and squeezed out some of the cream on his hand. "I'll apply it on your back now, 'kay?" Amused with how red Baekhyun was being now, Chanyeol softly slipped his hand inside Baekhyun's shirt and hovered his hand on the bottom of his spine before he finally splayed it tenderly on baekhyun's back.

 

Damn, his skin is so smooth.

 

Baekhyun squeezed his eyes shut tightly, his heartbeats racing inside his chest when Chanyeol slid his hand inside his shirt. And the moment Chanyeol's palm came in contact with his skin, a loud gasp escaped his mouth before he even got the chance to stop it. OMG Chanyeol's hand is on my body omg omg he freaking touches me and oh my his hand is so big and warm ! Baekhyun felt his breath quickened as Chanyeol rubbed along his spine and proceeded to apply the sunblock across his waist and his sides.

 

"You okay?"

 

Baekhyun snapped his eyes open when Chanyeol's voice greeted him from his right ear and why does he sound much more closer now?? I swear i can feel his breath on my ear now wtffff! Baekhyun nodded stiffly and he looked up when Sehun and Jongin ran past him towards the beach, shouting as they raced each other towards the water, that he didn't notice when Chanyeol pulled his hand out of Baekhyun's shirt.

 

"Done."

 

Baekhyun jumped slightly at Chanyeol's voice and he turned around to face the taller, aware of the deep blush on his cheeks. "T-Thanks." Baekhyun said with a stutter and his soft voice, which Chanyeol just replied with a hum. "Be careful when you're swimming. The waves can be harsh sometimes." Chanyeol warned with a pat on Baekhyun's shoulder and Baekhyun reddened even more at that, touched with the fact that Chanyeol somehow cared about him.

 

"Baek, let's go. You want to learn how to swim, right?"

 

Chanyeol looked up and saw Kyungsoo stretching his hand towards Baekhyun, not even once glancing at him. Chanyeol averted his gaze away and cleared his throat slightly when Baekhyun took Kyungsoo's hand. "Thank you, Chanyeol." Chanyeol just hummed in reply and he didn''t look at the two until he heard the sound of their footsteps in the sand further away and only then, he looked up, watching as Baekhyun ran towards Sehun and Jongin while Kyungsoo following with a shake of his head.

The giant leant back to lie down on the restchair, propping his legs up on the chair as he kept on watching the four of them played around in the water. Jongin was hoisting himself up onto Sehun's shoulder while Baekhyun and Kyungsoo were helping him. When he had his feet firmly planted on Sehun's broad shoulder, Baekhyun and Kyungsoo walked slightly further away from the two, wanting to stay away to avoid possible danger. Deeming that it was safe now, Sehun raised himself slightly up the water and patted Jongin's leg twice. Chanyeol heard Baekhyun's loud voice counting from one to three and right after three was mentioned, Sehun launched Jongin up and the tanned male did a backflip before splashing straight into the water, pulling excited claps and laugh from the other three.

Chanyeol jumped in fright when something cold suddenly made contact with his cheek and he whipped his head to the right, heaving a relieved sigh when it was just Luhan with a can of cola stretched out to Chanyeol. Chanyeol accepted it with a small thanks and Luhan went to lie down on the chair next to him, sipping on his own cola. "You don't want to join them?" Chanyeol glanced at Luhan once before turning around to look at some children building sandcastle together. "Not feeling like it. You don't want to, hyung?" 

Luhan shook his head and they both fell into a comfortable silence, just watching families strolling around and children chasing each other with loud laughs. feeling the sea breeze blowing onto his face, with the sound of waves and people buzzing around and having fun somehow managed to lull Chanyeol into a short nap, without him even realizing. 

 

 

He groaned when he felt something wet on his cheek and he swatted whatever it was, wanting to continue sleeping but more wetness came to his face so he forced his eyes open and was met with Oh Sehun's annoying face in front of him, cackling evilly at the grumpy giant. "What the , Sehun?!" Chanyeol groaned as he pushed Sehun away, successfully throwing the younger off the chair and he sat up, annoyed that his nap was interrupted. He noticed that Luhan was now joining the others, playing around in the water and leaving him with the brat Sehun.

Sehun laughed out loud as he got up and sat on Chanyeol's side, pushing the taller away slightly so that he could fit on the chair too. Chanyeol groaned as he rolled his eyes and let the pale male lay down beside him, ignoring the stares that people were giving them since they were two grown up men sharing a rest chair in the middle of the day with adults and children scattered around them. 

 

"So I heard someone was being a jerk this morning."

 

Chanyeol turned his head to look at Sehun and saw the latter wriggling his eyebrows knowingly at him. How did he.. Oh, of course. Of course Luhan hyung won't keep anything from Oh Sehun, why do I even bother? Chanyeol sighed softly and not knowing how to respond to that, he turned to look away while drumming his fingers on his own stomach.

Sehun sighed at Chanyeol's reaction and he decided that he needed to be serious now or things could get worse. "Listen." Sehun turned to lie on his side as he stared at Chanyeol's profile, "Do you even know why you said that to Kyungsoo, Yeol?" 

Chanyeol bit his lower lip when Sehun questioned him, because No, I don't know it myself. I just have this need to make him realize that Baekhyun is not his, and never will be and the next thing I know, those bad words had let loose. I couldn't control my mouth and I truly don't know why so don't ask me Oh Sehun. I dont know too.

Sehun watched closely at Chanyeol's expression, watching as many expressions surfaced on his bestfriend's face - from anger, to confusion, to determination, to anger once again before lastly, he looked so confused and lost. Sehun clicked his tongue once, "You like him." Sehun nodded once, confirming to himself, "You like Baekhyun."

Chanyeol gaped at Sehun's confident voice and he turned to look at Sehun, who was staring straight into Chanyeol's eyes with stern eyes. "What?! What are you talking about?" Chanyeol shrieked when he heard the things that came out of Sehun's mouth. "That's nonsense." Chanyeol muttered in disbelief because if he liked Baekhyun, for sure he would know it, right?

 

Right?

 

Sehun sat up and turned to look at Chanyeol who was still frowning, "Look, I'm saying this because I know you, Yeol." Chanyeol chanced a glance at the blonde male with the corner of his eyes, furrowing his eyebrows in the process. "What do you even mean?"

Sehun his lips as he prepared for what he was trying to say. "You think I don't see how you glare at Kyungsoo, like all the time, if he was nearby Baekhyun?" Sehun cocked one of his eyebrow, challenging Chanyeol to deny it. Chanyeol huffed his cheeks in annoyance at Sehun's words and rolled his eyes. "Well, that's normal. I glare at Baekhyun too! So how come I like him but not Kyungsoo?" Chanyeol let out an irritated grunt after, as he mumbled, "Might as well say I like Kyungsoo then.."

Sehun sighed in exasperation because how do I make this guy understand?? Taking in a deep breath, Sehun started to try to knock some sense in the giant's head. "Yes, you do glare at Baekhyun.. before." Chanyeol narrowed his eyes in confusion and opened his mouth to counter what Sehun was saying but Sehun held up a hand, stopping him before he could. "You glare at him before, but now, the.. intensity of your glare towards Baekhyunhas been decreasing."

 

Chanyeol let out a grunt as he sat up too, pinching the bridge of his nose with his fingers as he looked at Sehun. "Even if what you say is true, it still doesn't mean that I like Baekhyun."

 

Sehun pursed his lips as he tried to think of other things to make Chanyeol understand what he was trying to tell him. Sehun decided to try to say the things that he had been thinking (and silently hoping that they make sense) before putting a hand on Chanyeol's shoulder, "Say Chanyeol, do you ever feel your heartbeat increasing when you hear Baekhyun's laugh?"

 

Chanyeol blinked as he pondered at Sehun's question, because he didn't think his heart race or beat faster whenever Baekhyun laughed. In fact, he usually got irritated by the loud and annoying laughter. So, no, he didnt think his heart did that.

 

Or did it?

 

Chanyeol shook his head, trying to shake off the thoughts and he once again opened his mouth to stop Sehun from whatever he was doing but of course, once again Sehun cut his words.

 

"Or do you ever feel your heart flutters, or maybe you feel butterflies in your stomach when you are near him?"

 

Chanyeol gulped as he thought about the times he felt the strange feelings in his stomach - when he saw Baekhyun in his wedding suit, when he saw Baekhyun sleeping soundly with the occasional whimpers he made, when he saw Baekhyun eating adorably and cutely. When he thought about it again, he had always feel something in his chest whenever he saw Baekhyun, though he didnt think it was because he liked Baekhyun. 

 

I was just annoyed. Yes, that's it. Annoyed.

 

"Do you feel sad when he cried? If he ever cried in front of you?" Sehun queried softly as he watched Chanyeol's eyebrows became even more scrunched, "Or have you ever felt that you hate it when he becomes quiet and sad?"

 

Automatically, Chanyeol's mind drifted back to last night, when Baekhyun had been weeping in his arms. Chanyeol wouldn't deny it - he had felt that he needed to stop Baekhyun from crying, because it wasn't right for the bubbly and loud guy to cry like that. Chanyeol had felt the need to wipe the tears away, thus why he pulled Baekhyun into his arms, though he was sure he didn't feel anything for the guy.

 

I naturally don't like people crying, that's why. And of course, Baekhyun included. Even if Kyungsoo cried, I would comfort him.. maybe..

 

"I'm sure you have felt like your blood is boiling when someone comes close to Baekhyun, right?" Sehun smirked slightly as he watched Chanyeol closely, "Someone like.. Kyungsoo, maybe?"

 

Chanyeol blinked as he thought hard about it and he couldn't deny that he felt extremely annoyed when Kyungsoo was nearby Baekhyun. And it was fine before - the era when Baekhyun kept on harrassing him, with Kyungsoo standing beside him - but ever since Kyungsoo came up to him, claiming that Baekhyun was his and after he was punched in his gut once, he felt like he had despised Kyungsoo. 

 

Nooo, I'm sure I felt like that just because he had punched me. Yes, yes, that's why. It has nothing to do with Baekhyun.

 

Chanyeol looked up to look at the eager Sehun and the younger had peered close to his face, almost breaching in his personal space as he waited for Chanyeol to answer his questions. Feeling uncomfortable with the advance from Sehun, Chanyeol yelped slightly as he pushed Sehun's face away with his hand.

 

"No, Sehun." Chanyeol shook his head firmly as he looked at Sehun. "No, I don't feel any of that. And I don't know and I dont want to care what about the nonsense you're sprouting, so you seriously need to stop."

 

Sehun deflated dejectedly and he turned away from Chanyeol, muttering a soft 'you're unbelievable' under his breath. He looked at his friends' direction, watching as Jongin and Kyungsoo trying to teach Baekhyun to swim. He chuckled softly, momentarily forgotten about Chanyeol, when he saw Baekhyun flailing in the water panickedly before clinging close to Jongin once the tanned male pulled him out of the water, with Luhan laughing uncontrollably at the sight.

 

Wait.. I can try this, right?

 

Sehun smirked slightly as he glanced at Chanyeol who was watching some kids playing with the sand, though Sehun noticed that his gaze was actually far into the space, obviously still thinking about what Sehun had said before. Heh, I know you, Chanyeol.

 

"You don't feel any of the things that I said, right?" Sehun waited until Chanyeol looked at him, looking at how determined the giant's face as he shook his head at Sehun. "No Sehun, I don't."

 

Chanyeol narrowed his eyes when he watched Sehun's eyes glinting with mirth. He somehow could feel something fishy but he shook the thought away when Sehun just hummed softly. He watched as Sehun leant back in the seat, supporting himself with his hands behind him as the blonde looked at the others, who were playing in the water. "So you don't mind it then if that muscled stranger teaches Baekhyun how to swim."

 

"Muscled.. stranger..." Chanyeol trailed as he tried to process Sehun's words in his head. Sehun nodded as he pointed with his chin at their friends' direction. "Yeah, that handsome muscled stranger that just came out of nowhere and started to teach Baekhyun how to swim since almost.. fifteen minutes ago."

 

"What?!" Chanyeol's eyes widened when it finally registered in his head about what Sehun had been telling him and in no time, he whipped his head fast - that he might have sprained his neck in the process - to look at Baekhyun and the said stranger because Wtfff what stranger? Why would a handsome muscly stranger want to teach him?? Jongin and Luhan and Kyungsoo are there, right? Why does he need someone else to teach him?? Even I'M here!

 

"Where.."

 

Chanyeol searched frantically for the male that Sehun had described just now, but even when he had searched high and low, straining his neck to have a look, he was only met with the sight of Baekhyun cheering proudly when he finally got the grasp of swimming, with Luhan patting his head while Jongin and Kyungsoo just patted him on his back. "What the.. Where.." Chanyeol clenched his jaw when he finally realized that Sehun had tricked him. He turned to look at Sehun, who was now laughing so hard that he was clutching his stomach and almost to the point that he was wheezing, with a murderous glance, ready to kill the younger for lying to him.

 

"Oh my God.. hahahaha.. You should've.. You should've seen your face.. Oh my God.. Ah, my stomach.."

 

Chanyeol gritted his teeth at Sehun's direction and he was sure that his face was fuming red right now, but Oh freaking Sehun still had the guts to laugh hard, all the while slapping his own thighs, succeeding in annoying the giant further. After a few minutes, Sehun finally stopped laughing - though some chuckles still escaped his mouth - and he rubbed his heaving chest, trying to gain his breath again. Apparently, laughing required lots of energy and Oh Sehun just realised this fact now.

 

"Oh my god, Chanyeol.. You said that you don't feel anything but the moment I said that, you.." Sehun shook his head as he chuckled once again before he clicked his tongue once and patted Chanyeol's shoulder, acting like he was the hyung. "Think again, Chanyeol. Think deeply about this matter and you'd get your answer soon." With that, Sehun bounced away from Chanyeol to the rest, pulling Jongin away when he reached the water and urging the tanned male into a swimming race.

Chanyeol however stayed frozen on the seat after Sehun had walked away, thinking on what the latter had been telling him just now. He blinked dumbly as he stared into nothing, thinking and trying to find the answer, that even when a ball rolled near his leg and he heard a faraway voice asking for it, he didn't even help to give it back.

 

Do I really like Byun Baekhyun?