Park Chanyeol

Be My Husband

Thanks for subscribing :)


 

It's a well-known fact that Park Chanyeol was the happiest and goofiest man alive. He got a very big smile; a smile that showed his row of pearl white teeth, a smile that made his eyes crinkled at the corner (and also twitching, sometimes), a smile that could charm people (and creep people out too, always) and a smile that could light up everyone's day. He's called the Happy Virus because of his playful and goofy personality; cracking jokes and entertaining people with his good sense of humour, making people ranging from babies, up to the elders laugh and cackle at his great facial expressions and amazing choice of words.

 

All in all, Park Chanyeol was a very happy man that you would never imagine a day that he'd frown.

 

But of course, Park Chanyeol was a human. Thus, he could actually do things other than smile and laugh.

He could also scowl, growl, frown, grunt, groan, curse and the likes.

 

Yes, he could.

 

He definitely could.

 

 

Moreover, when the freaking midget Byun Baekhyun was in the vicinity.

 

---

 

Chanyeol was excited. It's the first day he'd be stepping inside the university, his dream university, the Korea National University of Arts. He had been working so hard to get into this university, doing all his best so that he could be accepted in the university, just to further his studies in the course that he liked the most; Music. He wiped away the lone tear that escaped his eyes as he gazed across the university compound, taking in the scenery that he'd be seeing for the next 4 years. 

 

This is it. This is what I've been waiting for.

 

"If you're done having your moment there, we should start running now because the orientation program will start in any minute and we don't want to be late." 

 

Chanyeol's touching moment was suddenly interrupted by the comment from Jongin (Chanyeol's cousin and bestfriend) and also Sehun (the other bestfriend), who was having his face mode on. Chanyeol rolled his eyes at that, because one couldn't even have some moments without being disturbed by these two brats. He however started walking together with the tall men (but still shorter than Chanyeol was) towards the main hall, where they'd be having their orientation program at.

 

It was packed with new students when the three of them reached the hall. There were already some students who formed some circles, engaged in group talk, while there were some loners, who just stood there and watching others silently. Chanyeol was lucky that Jongin and Sehun had been accepted into the university along with him, so he wouldn't need to worry about being alone. Sehun and Jongin had been aiming to get into the Department of Dance in the university, and Chanyeol was not even surprised that they both got in. They were the top dancers in their high school, it'd be impossible to not accept these two.

Chanyeol's thoughts were cut short when one of the facilitators called all the students to gather in front of the stage. It was just the usual talk from seniors to freshmen, about the common rules and the things they need to brace themselves while they're in the university. Chanyeol tuned out most of the things, not really interested in listening to the talk and he totally was not the only one. Feeling utterly bored, he made eye contact with the duo and made a bored face at Sehun and Jongin, getting the same reaction back from the two. 

It was the most interesting happened throughout the talk, seriously.

After almost 45 minutes hearing the facilitators talking (Chanyeol was sure they just wanted to torture them by standing that long), they were finally divided into groups of ten, so that they could get into the next event, which was 'ice breaking'. Chanyeol just held the urge to roll his eyes at that, because Really? Do they need to do this? It's not like these students would converse with each other after this. They won't care about other people anyway so why the heck do they even do this?

But of course, Park Chanyeol was just a new student, a freshie, so he needed to follow the rule.

Chanyeol was lucky that Jongin and Sehun was in the same group as he was, so they three just stuck together straightaway because believe it or not, Park Chanyeol was actually socially awkward at the first meeting, while Kim Jongin was a shy person and Oh Sehun looked like he just didn't care. Though when you got to know them, they were absolutely nothing like that. They were then seated in a circle, where there were three other males and four female students with them. 

They were asked to introduce themselves and Chanyeol could hear groans coming from some of the students in his circle, Jongin and Sehun included. Chanyeol just shook his head and nudged the two of them (he was seated in between the duo) to behave Their introductions started with one of the female students named Seulgi, who was enrolled in the dance department (which piqued Sehun's and Jongin's interest) and also the next female student whose named Wendy, who enrolled in the music department. 

The student seated next to Wendy was a male, a very short one in Chanyeol's opinion (but everyone's shorter than him, so it didn't count). He got a heart-shaped lips and Chanyeol was so amazed with his wide eyes. Chanyeol had often gotten the compliments about his wide, curious, almond eyes but he was sure that this guy's eyes were even wider than his. And when he said, "My name is Kyungsoo and I'm in Music department", Chanyeol was surprised at his deep voice, though it was not as deep as Chanyeol's.

But Kyungsoo was a little bit emotionless, unlike Chanyeol, and he also had that devilish aura around him that unconsciously made Chanyeol shiver.

Chanyeol however gulped the lump in his throat when his gaze fell on the petite male seated beside Kyungsoo. He was just so beautiful and ethereal that Chanyeol thought he had seen an angel. The guy was fair-skinned, he got tiny eyes and a very cute button nose. He also got very thin lips and is that a mole on his upper lip? Damn, he's so so so beautiful. Chanyeol was sure that he was not blinking at all as he watched the brunette, who was now introducing his cute self.

"Hello, my name is Byun Baekhyun and I'm in the Music department. Nice to meet you all."

Chanyeol almost gaped (he managed to control his mouth at the very last moment) at the melodious voice coming out from the smaller male. His voice was so light that Chanyeol thought his ears had just been brushed by the wind (he's exaggerating, but really, it felt the same) and the smile that was directed to all of them was so cute and cheery and complete with the eyesmiles - finally, a smile that could rival Chanyeol's wide ones. 

Chanyeol's eyes were still on the Byun kid even after that one guy named Jonghyun (maybe, Chanyeol didn't pay much attention) and the two more female students, which he didnt even catch what their names were, finished their introductions. He was so caught in looking at the smile that was still plastered on Baekhyun's face, and the way his gaze focused on whoever had been talking, giving his utmost attention the them (unlike Chanyeol). Chanyeol just snapped out of his (creepy) staring when Jongin, who was on his right, stood up to introduce himself.

Chanyeol chuckled at the blush covering Jongin's face as he had to talk in front of people. Out of the three of them, Jongin was the shyest, though he would transfrom into a beast named Kai when he was on stage. Now that Jongin had finished with his introduction, Chanyeol took a deep breath before he stood up, smiling at all the faces there (though his eyes lingered a little bit longer on Baekhyun's but shhh, no one had to know that).

 

"Hi, my name is Park Chanyeol. I'm from the Music department. You guys can just call me -"

 

"Yoda!"

 

Chanyeol stayed frozen in his spot when he heard the angelic voice, who belonged to the one and only Byun Baekhyun, shouted out that name to him. He blinked his eyes a few times, still was shocked from the sudden outburst from the smaller. 

 

"Huh?"

 

It was the only thing that Chanyeol could let out, since he was at loss of words. What should I even say when someone calls me Yoda? And why would he even calls me Yoda? Don't tell me it's because of my - 

 

"Ears. Your ears remind me of Yoda."

 

Chanyeol could feel the heat creeping up his neck to his cheeks and ears as he heard the other students in their circle broke into a laugh, Sehun's and Jongin's were the loudest. Even the expresionless Kyungsoo from before was chuckling softly into his hand. Chanyeol clenched his jaw as he saw the smile that Baekhyun was giving him, clearly looking like he was enjoying this, enjoying how everyone was laughing at him.

If it was the one thing that Chanyeol couldn't tolerate from the other people, it'd be when they mention about his ears. He had always been conscious of his ears because since he was little, he would get teased  and bullied a lot because of those big ears. He knew that he got protruding ears, everyone told him the fact numerous times already and he would much appreciate it if he wouldn't have to hear it again. And he didn't think that he would still get teased by his friends when he stepped into university because everyone would be more matured and wouldn't care about these things, right?

 

Right?

 

But he guessed that was not the case. Everyone was still laughing at him and Chanyeol was sure that his face was in deep red by now. He couldn't help but to glare at Baekhyun, killing the shorter in his mind over and over again. But Baekhyun didn't even notice his death glare, because the midget just smiled even wider and said,

 

"Your ears are the cutest, I swear. I can call you Yoda, right?"

 

Chanyeol's glare hardened, though it didn't affect Baekhyun even one bit. He was still flashing his cute smile at Chanyeol, which looked so honest and innocent, acting like he didn't just embarrass Chanyeol in front of everyone. Feeling utterly humiliated, Chanyeol just looked down and ran away from the circle, away from the hall, ignoring the shouts of his name from everyone. 

 

 

Oh, did he say that Byun Baekhyun was cute? No, he was not. He looked like a midget that people couldn't even differentiate him from the trolls.

Chanyeol said what, his voice was so melodious? Duh, he sounded like a frog croaking, how did he even get into this university?

Baekhyun got a cute smile, cute eyes, cute button nose and cute, thin lips? Pft, every single features on Byun Baekhyun was so hideous that people need to cleanse their eyes after watching him.

 

 

Byun Baekhyun is not beautiful, he's a midget!

 

---

 

 

And since that day, Park Chanyeol had declared that Byun Baekhyun was his enemy, the only one soul that'd be getting frowns and curses from him instead of smiles.

 

 

 

THIS IS WAR, BYUN MIDGET BAEKHYUN!

 

 

 


 

Hey 

So this is my first time trying to write chaptered fic, so pls be kind to me

It's short since it's the intro but I'll try to post longer chaps in the future

Enjoy the chanbaek :)