Ken

Troublesome

Jessica and Taeyeon are busy watching TV at Taeyeon’s house. Jessica often just comes over and they laze around since they are both lazy and like staying home. Jiwoong, Taeyeon’s brother comes into the lounge. 

“You bums. I also want to watch TV.” He complains 

“Then watch with us.” Taeyeon says 

“When it’s you and Sica I never get to pick.”

“Don’t worry Taengoo doesn’t get to pick either. I practically own this TV.” Jessica brags

“TaeTae we should team up.”

“We can watch when she isn’t here.”

“You’re too easy on her.” Jiwoong teases 

“Thanks darling.” Jessica says to Taeyeon without taking her attention away from the screen.

“Anything for you honey.”

“Ah seriously sometimes you two are sickening. Plus you’re both so lazy that I never get a chance to watch my shows... Actually I guess TaeTae has been going out a lot recently.”

Jiwoong shut up! 

Jessica immediately faces Taeyeon, “You’ve been going out? Where was my invitation?"

“It’s not really going out. It’s... Cram school.”

Jiwoong looks surprised but Taeyeon gives him a keep quiet or you’re dead look. 

“Why didn’t you say anything?” Jessica questions

“Yeah like I’m going to tell you I’m getting extra help for school and listen to your teasing.”

She grins, “So this is why you’re marks are higher than mine. I knew something was up.”

Taeyeon laughs, “I only started this recently. My marks have been higher than yours forever.”

“You wish! You know me I’m lazy. I could be getting straight A’s.”

Taeyeon’s younger sister Hayeon runs into the room ,  “Can’t someone play with me.”

“Counting on you TaeTae.” Jiwoong says 

“I don’t know if I’m in the mood....”

“Fine. Hayeonie let’s play.” Jessica says and gets up from the couch and walks to the young girl. 

“Yay! Sica-unnie!” Hayeon says excitedly and leads Jessica to her room. 

“So what’s this about Cram school? I thought you were hanging out with that Tiffany girl.”

“I am but Jessica hates Tiffany... I’ve been avoiding telling her.”

He laughs,  “I want to be here when she finds out the truth.”

She almost did thanks to you! 

 

*Next day * 


They’re doing their usual study routine at Tiffany’s house. Tiffany has been improving well thanks to her hard work. 

“Taeyeon... Today. Do you want to sleep over?” Tiffany asks 

Sleep over.... Here? Just the two of us... 

“I don’t know.... It’s short notice.”

“The thing is it’s actually scary here at night...” Tiffany says with a red face from embarrassment. This is one of the few times she’s admitting her weaknesses without the influence of alcohol.

“Is that why you always phone me at night?” Taeyeon teases and Tiffany bashes the annoying girl. 

“Whatever!”

But a sleep over.... I’ve had sleep overs before with Jessica I guess... 

​​​​“Ok...”

“Really!” Tiffany smiles happily, “I haven’t had a sleep over in ages! We can do each others nails and talk about boys.”

Or we don’t do that stuff and watch a movie. 


***


“You’re really good at this.” Tiffany praises as she watches Taeyeon doing her nails with professional precision while they're sitting on her white and pink princess like bed. Tiffany has a big house but Taeyeon notices that they usually just spend time in the rich girls large room. 

“I don’t usually do nails but I love colouring and that sort of thing.”

“I usually get people to do my nails so I’m actually no good at it.”

“It can get kind of frustrating if you try fancy designs.”

“Yeah that’s not for me. So is there a guy you’re interested in?”

Boy talk again...

“I don’t really have anyone. I’m not interested at the moment.”

“Hmmm I get the feeling you’re the type that would only like one person. Like you don’t have interest but as soon as you find that person then that’s it. It can’t be anyone else.“

Taeyeon pauses her nail Polish applying while she takes in Tiffany’s comment. 

I hope not. If that person doesn’t like me back. What would I do? 

“What about you?” Taeyeon asks continuing her nail painting 

“There was this guy I went out with in America. His name is Justin but everyone called him dusty. We had to break up because you know long distance... It just doesn’t work. Since then I made out with a couple of guys I thought were cute but they weren’t like dusty.” Tiffany tells normally but Taeyeon loses concentration and smudges the nail Polish all over Tiffany’s finger. 

Made out with a couple of guys! I shouldn’t have asked! How recent was that? Was it at those clubs? 

“You’re going to have to redo that one.” Tiffany says taking her hand back from taeyeon’s grip to use the remover. 

“You should only kiss people you really like.”

Tiffany laughs, “See I told you . You’re a hopeless Romantic but people have desires. Sometimes you just want to make out with a cute guy you know.”

No I don’t know

 

*** 


They get ready for bed and Taeyeon borrows pajamas from Tiffany. The fabric is amazing. Taeyeon can tell they’re expensive. The rich girl’s bed is huge so Taeyeon chooses to lie right on the opposite side hoping to minimize body contact. 

Tiffany pulls out her hand from under the covers and holds it up slightly. 

“Is something wrong?” The oblivious blond girl asks 

Tiffany blushes and looks away, “Do I have to say?”

Does she mean... 

Taeyeon sighs then moves closer to the embarrassed girl and holds her hand ,”I’m not going anywhere.”

Tiffany smiles, “Good.”

Recently Tiffany’s smiles make Taeyeon’s heart tighten. Just the thought that Tiffany is happy makes her happy. 

The brunette closes her eyes, “Good night Tae.”

“Night... Fany-ah."

So much for sleeping on the opposite side... Tiffany smells really nice this time... like fruity... Her hand is soft... Am I going to get sleep? 

A tear runs down Tiffany’s face, “Mo... m” she mumbles 

Taeyeon wipes the tear with her sleeve, “Don’t worry it will be ok.”

She must be so lonely in this house. She’s only 16


*Next day * 


Tiffany opens her eyes before Taeyeon and immediately notices the hand that is firmly gripping her . 

ert much 

She immediately moves Taeyeon’s hand and stares at the peaceful blonde’s face in front of her. 

She’s like a 5 year old 

Taeyeon smiles in her sleep as she’s busy dreaming about eating sweet strawberries thanks to the influence of Tiffany’s body cream. The sleeping girl puts her arm around Tiffany’s waist and pulls her closer unconsciously . All thoughts of Taeyeon being like a five year old leave the brunettes mind when she finds herself pressed up against the comfortably warm blonde girl. 

Or like a boyfriend 

“....” 

Tiffany pushes Taeyeon back waking the sleeping girl up.  

“Ughhhh.” Taeyeon moans from the sudden awakening 

Taeyeon slowly opens her eyes. She is surprised that she managed to sleep this time. She remembers Tiffany feeling soft and comfortable. She wouldn’t mind sleeping in Tiffany’s bed again. 

“Next time you can sleep in the guest room.” Tiffany says breaking the other girls thoughts and waking her up completely 

Huh what? Did I do something wrong? 

“Why?”
“What? It’s not like you have to sleep here when I have a guest room. You’re a guest.”

You wanted to hold my hand yesterday! 

Taeyeon is confused. She doesn’t get Tiffany sometimes or most of the time. 


*** 


Today Tiffany’s brother has arrived in Korea and the rich girl is meeting him for lunch. It’s not like when normal people meet their brother’s for lunch. Leo is a business man who is always traveling the world much like Tiffany’s father. He is on a tight schedule so the lunch is more like a meeting. Tiffany is dressed up in a fancy white dress with expensive jewellery in an exclusive restaurant you can only eat at if you’re filthy rich. She’s not exactly happy to see her brother. They don’t get along. She gets along better with her sister Michelle 

They’re not alone because they’re surrounded by body guards but this is how they’ve both grown up so they don’t even notice them. 

“Have you been staying out of trouble?” Her formally dressed brother asks and the English conversation begins. 

“Doesn’t matter Leo. You’re not dad.”

“If I was dad I would have bought you a diamond necklace by now he spoils you too much. By your age I was already helping out with company work and you’re going to a normal Korean school.”

“This is why we don’t get along. You’re always complaining about how easy I have it but it’s not easy.”

“I never said you have it easy. I just know you go around shopping and playing around."

“Let me do something! You’re such a drag Leo. I know you play around too. You’re my brother.”

Leo has been known to party around. He’s always seen with lots of girls. People call him a playboy. 

“It’s because I know we’re alike that’s why I’m concerned. I’m trying to be a good brother to you. I don’t know why you don’t get it.”

“Because you’re going around traveling the world sleeping around when you should be mourning mom!” She shouts angrily 

“You think I don’t miss her too!” 

“You don’t show it!” Tiffany gets up from the table upset and starts storming out. 

“Tiff wait! You can’t just leave!”

“I finished my food!” She shouts from the door. 

Leo is such a jerk! He judges my life choices when his are no better! 

 

*** 


“Taeyeon can’t you come over?” Tiffany phones taeyeon while she’s still in the limousine. She wants to talk to Taeyeon after her meeting with her brother that didn’t go well. Taeyeon can always lift her mood. 

“I can’t ...I’m looking after my sister.” 

“Then I’m going to your house.”

“As long as you don’t mind playing with my sister. I can’t just leave her alone.”

“Yeah sure."


What do kids do again? 


*** 


Taeyeon freezes when she opens the door and sees Tiffany dressed in a stylish form fitting white dress with perfect hair, full make up and covered in expensive jewellery. 

Hot! Hot! She’s so hot! ! What happened after I left this morning? 

“Celebrity?” Her elementary school younger sister Hayeon asks 

“Ah no. Yes?” Taeyeon isn’t sure

“Can I come in?” Tiffany aks as a rhetorical question 

“Yeah of course. Sorry.” The shorter girl moves out the way  “Hayeon-ah this is Tiffany.” Taeyeon introduces 

“Tippany-unnie?” Hayeon battles with the foreign name. 

“You can call me Pani-unnie.” Tiffany tries to be friendly but she honestly has never really interacted with kids. She’s the youngest in the family. 

“We were busy playing barbie. It’s Hayeon’s favorite. Do you want to join.” 

“Barbie. Yeah I know barbie. I used to love playing with Barbie’s.” The brunette says. She wanted to complain to Taeyeon about her brother but she did agree to play with Taeyeons sister. 


*** 


“You look like a barbie.” Hayeon complements Tiffany when they all sit in a circle in Hayeons room. 

Tiffany smiles widely, “I guess I am from America.”

“A real life barbie!” She says in amazement 

“Hey! What about unnie? You never call me a barbie.” 

Hayeon giggles.

Betraying your own sister! 

Tiffany is busy changing the outfit on one of Hayeon’s Barbies. Taeyeon can’t help smiling at how Tiffany is so involved in the toy. 

“We usually act out stories.” Taeyeon says , “Who should be who?” The blond asks her younger sister who always loves making up characters. 

“Hmmm since oppa isn’t here you can be Ken.” The elementary schooler hands over the Ken barbie to Taeyeon who is completely fine with being Ken. She's often Ken when Jiwoong isn't playing. Which is most of the time since he hates barbies. 

“There now she looks better.” Tiffany says who was in her own world trying to make the barbie look as good as she can. 

“Hey there pretty lady.” Taeyeon says in her Ken voice 

“Taeyeon what the hell?”

“I’m not Taeyeon I’m Ken.”

Hayeon walks her barbie over and slaps Ken, “You were cheating on me!”

Where’d she learn that 

“What no I wasn’t !”

Tiffany bursts out laughing, “This is fun.”

“I’m being Sica-unnie.” Hayeon informs 

“When Sica is here she usually uses that barbie and we act like a married couple.” The blond explains to Tiffany 

Tiffany frowns “What ?So I’m the other woman?”  

Taeyeon looks back to Hayeon, “ I’m done with our relationship and moving with Tiffany to America.” 

“But we have kids!” Hayeon fake cries 

Since when! 

“What kids!”

“Ken is kind of a jerk.” Tiffany comments 

“Let’s try a different situation.” Taeyeon suggests trying to get away from playing a cheater. 

Hayeon thinks for a bit, “Ok you go on a date with Pani-unnie but I catch you.”

I guess all of them end up like that . So .. I go on a date with Tiffany...

Taeyeon stares at the beautiful brunette who's dressed to perfection. 

“Where are we going Tae?” Tiffany asks looking at Taeyeon with a smirk that makes the shorter girl feel nervous like a real date. 

“Uh... A restaurant.”

“Am I paying?”

“I’ll pay.”Taeyeon insists 

“Usually people tell me to pay because I’m rich.” 

“I don’t care if you’re rich. I want to buy stuff for you.”

“Why?” The brunette asks seriously now directing all her attention on Taeyeon. 

“You’re really pretty.”

She smiles flirtatiously , “What? Just because I’m pretty.”

“Not just because of that.” Taeyeon’s heart rate starts accelerating because of the situation and the deep stare Tiffany is giving her. They both completely forgot about the young girl watching them as they only face each other being drawn into each others worlds.  

“Then what else?”

Taeyeon’s heart feels tight and her hands feels clammy, “Because...”

Hayeon is busy watching the two older girls flirting with each other without even touching the barbies, “I meant a pretend date with the barbies.”

Tiffany and Taeyeon’s faces go red and they immediately look away from each other when they realize what was going on. 

This is bad... 

 

 

A/N: Next chapter might be a bit short but has impact. Keep letting me know what you think! Upvotes are also always welcome ☆\(^ω^\)

​​​​