Rivalry

Troublesome

Taeyeon wakes up to herself hugging Tiffany. The peaceful girl pressed against her comfortably as if they slept like this all the time. It would be a great way to wake up except that Taeyeon is bombarded by yesterdays memories. Taeyeon stares at the sleeping girl. 

I sneaked up on her in the shower! I told her I love her! We’re only in our second year of High school! That’s too heavy! But I do though... That’s how I feel. I think about her all the time and worry about her and I’m happy when we’re together. Besides the physical attraction this is emotional so that’s love... 

Taeyeon can feel Tiffany moving up to her pushing their bodies closer together. Tiffany’s leg tangling with hers and pressing against her front. 

That feels good... But no. 

Taeyeon moves back before she gets aroused. The blond girl’s sudden movement wakes Tiffany up. 
The brunette takes a moment to wake up before she sees Taeyeon, “You fell asleep yesterday.”

“Yeah...”

Right after I told you I love you... 

“Did you mean it?”

Taeyeon gets nervous, “I do. I mean it.”

“Love is a very complicated word Tae... It’s not something you can say to anyone... I’ve never been able to say that word easily... Probably because of how my family is. Always so split up. That’s why that word means a lot to me.”

I knew it was too heavy... 

“I understand...” Taeyeon says softly 

“I love you.” Tiffany says staring at the blond with nervous eyes and Taeyeon’s heart races. 

She moves her face closer to Tiffany’s , “You love me?”

The brunette nods shyly. 

Taeyeon smiles, “I love you too.”

She closes the gap between their lips . Taeyeon moves back but Tiffany moves forward and kisses the shorter girl again. She pushes Taeyeon back and moves onto her lap. 

Taeyeon swallows, “Fany-ah?”

She feels the nervous girls bare abdomen, “ This would have happened yesterday if you didn’t fall asleep.”

Tiffany’s hands feel amazing on Taeyeon’s skin. 

Why did I fall asleep!?

The brunette leans down and kisses the blondes neck. Her soft lips moving across Taeyeons neckline , “That feels really good...”

A now aroused Taeyeon sneaks her hands under Tiffany’s pajama top to feel her smooth skin .

The door opens, “Tiff are you up?” Michelle says then sees the two on the bed, “You aren’t alone...”

Tiffany moves off Taeyeon with a red face, “Next time knock!”

“I don’t know if I should allow sleep overs with Taeyeon.”

“We didn’t do anything ok!”

“Taeyeon I know I said you could have but I don’t need to know about it.” Michelle lectures then closes the door. 

Why am I in trouble? 

“I don’t think your sister likes me...”

“She never really liked my other boyfriends either so it’s not just you.”

Taeyeon pouts, “But I’m not a boyfriend.”

Tiffany moves her hand down to Taeyeon’s giving the blond girl a shock, “Yeah you’re definitely a girl.” She teases 

Taeyeon grins, “You can confirm directly if you want...”

The brunette pushes Taeyeon, “ert.”

“Um... Fany-ah. Today I’m hanging out with Sica but I was thinking that I want you two to get along so. I want you to come.”

Tiffany looks at her girlfriends honest eyes then sighs, “Ok...” 

Tiffany and Jessica have met a couple times before but it never ends well. Still Taeyeon hates how her best friend and girlfriend don’t get along .


*** 


“Taeyeon a minute.” Jessica says pulling her away from the overly dressed brunette. 

“What?”

“You brought Tiffany!?” she whispers while shouting 

“I want you two to bond.”

“Bond!?”

“Fany is willing to try.”

Jessica puts her emotions into a fist, “Fine.”

The three of them walk around the mall in silence with Taeyeon in the middle. 

This is awkward... 

Jessica links her arm with Taeyeon’s which isn’t that unusual so the shorter girl doesn’t even take notice but Tiffany notices so she also links her arm with Taeyeon’s. Jessica frowns and pulls Taeyeon closer to her side. The brunette responds by pulling the middle girl’s arm into her s. 

“Ow!” Taeyeon complains from the constant pulling 

They both let go and face each other. 

“What’s your problem!” Jessica complains to Tiffany 

“I could say the same to you! You’re all touchy!”

“So!”

“I don’t like it!”

“Possessive much?” Jessica accuses 

What is going on... 

“I can be possessive if I want to Jess.”

Taeyeon decides to step in, “Can you two stop fighting? I don’t get why you two fight all the time.”

Jessica and Tiffany both look at Taeyeon, “Shut up Taeyeon!” they say at the same time. 


*** 


They’re all sitting down at a family restaurant to get some food. Taeyeon convinced them to stop fighting but now they won’t look at each other. 

“Bet you’ve never been at a family restaurant before Tiff. “ Jessica says coldly 

“I actually have Jess. Just because I’m rich doesn’t mean I live in a cave.”

“You should live in a cave...” Jessica says softly 

“Sica!” Taeyeon moans 

The blond wants to try make the atmosphere better somehow but she can’t think of anything to talk about. 

“Um... So both of you look very pretty today.”

“Both of us!?” they say at the same time to Taeyeon. 

Ah! Seriously! They only get along when they’re at me for some reason! 

Next moment two random normal looking guys come up to their table not reading the atmosphere. 

“Hey pretty ladies.  Me and my friend saw you girls and we were wondering if you want to hang out. Or if we could have your numbers.” The guy tries to seem confident. 

“Not interested.” Tiffany and Jessica say at the same time then look at each other. 

“S-Sorry.” The guy says from the intimidation and they walk away. 

“Hey pretty ladies?” What was that “Jessica comments 

“I can’t believe they even asked.” Tiffany adds 

“We are so out of their league. Do they see what we look like?”

“I get guys coming up to me all the time. I don’t get where they get the confidence from. It’s like do you seriously think I’m going to hang out with some stranger who’s hitting on me?”

“Oh my god! I know! Do they get any girls like that?”

“Probably the desperate ones.” Tiffany jokes 

“Yeah... Guys... They’re like that...” Taeyeon tries to join in 

Jessica and Tiffany both burst out laughing. 

“I don’t think I’ve ever heard you talk about guys Tae.”

“She literally doesn’t and I’ve known her for like 10 years. She said she wanted to marry Vegeta before and that’s about it.”

Tiffany laughs, “Oh my god Vegeta? That’s so cute.”

“Vegeta is cool...”

Now they’re getting along too well...


*** 


“Taeyeon I get it.” Jessica says to Taeyeon from the blonds shower while Taeyeon lies on her bed. For some reason Jessica wanted to take a shower but she does weird stuff sometimes. 

“What?”

“Why you like her.”

“You do!?”

“Unfortunately...”

“I knew you just had to give her a chance. You both like shopping and fashion and make up and stuff like that.” Taeyeon says happily 

The water stops. Jessica dries herself with the towel then takes a deep breath. She opens the door and walks out completely . Taeyeon was just casually on her phone but when she looks up she stops breathing. 

“You’re not wearing any clothes...”

Taeyeon stares at her beautiful childhood friend, her bare s and her fully exposed front. 
“Don’t you ever think about me in that way Taeyeon?”

“In what way...”

“In a ual way.”

You're too attractive Sica. Don't do this to me. 

Taeyeon stands up taking the blanket from her bed and puts it over Jessica, “I... Don’t want to think of you that way. You’re family.”

 

*** 


Jessica left Taeyeon’s house after that. 

This ! Does she seriously feel nothing after seeing me ? I thought you were lesbian Taeyeon! 

She immediately phones Yuri 

“What’s up?”

“Yuri I’m coming over!”

“Now?”

“Yes!”


***


“I don’t get her! You know she’s such a dog usually!” Jessica complains to Yuri in the tan girls room. Taking over her bed as if it was her own. 

“Would you like her that much if she left her relationship just because she saw another girl ?” Yuri comments from her desk chair. 

“No... It’s just unfair the way she looks at her all the time. Why couldn’t Taeyeon like some ugly girl.”

“I think if she liked an ugly girl you would be more upset.” 

“....”

Yuri laughs 

“I don’t know . Maybe I’m not as attractive as I think I am...” 

“Trust me you’re attractive.”

“But you haven’t seen me .” Jessica says and Yuri almost chokes

“That’s true...”

Jessica starts undressing and before Yuri can tell what’s going Jessica is in front of her. 

“You’re a lesbian Yuri. Well am I attractive to you?”

Yuri is frozen. She didn’t expect this situation. All of sudden she’s realizing she might like Jessica too much. She’s having dark thoughts. Everything is exposed her perfect skin, her beautiful s and pink s, her—

“Yuri?”

“You’re very attractive.”

Very very attractive. 

“I thought so.” Jessica says simply and starts putting her clothes back on. Yuri needs a few moments to calm herself. 

Taeyeon has Jessica and Tiffany!? And they're both pretty much straight! What the hell! 

 

*** 


Tiffany arrives home from her outing and crashes on the couch. Her sister who was raiding the fridge walks over, “So you went on a date with Taeyeon?”

“No. Her clingy childhood friend, jessica was there.” she complains

“Clingy? Tiff are you jealous?” she teases her sister and sits next to her on the coach 

“I’m not jealous! It’s just Jessica definitely has a crush on Tae.”

Michelle listens to her sister with a big smile because she’s obviously jealous. Tiffany sees her sisters look and pushes her lightly. 


*RING RING *


Tiffany is surprised to see the display name, “Daddy!”

“Has everything been ok princess?”

“At the moment but I told you before about Korea.”

She’s given her father many complaints

He laughs, “I have some news. I’ll be in Korea tomorrow for the company promotion. Sorry for the short notice.”

“Seriously! That’s great! I miss you daddy!”

“We’ll be having a party. I arranged for you to attend with Justin.”

“You what!? No way!”

“I thought you would be happy?” He says confused because Tiffany used to love Justin. 

“I’m not going with him.”

“Sorry darling but I can’t change now. I have to keep up good relations with the family .Can you do this for me.”

Tiffany knows how important the company is to her father and often you have to pretend to be close with people. That’s just how the business world works. She’s experienced it first hand many times. 

“I understand...”

“Thank you princess I’ll buy you a present to make it up to you. Is there anything you want?”

“A diamond choker necklace.  I’ll send you a picture.”

“I’ll tell my assistant to deliver it to you tomorrow. I have to go now. See you tomorrow.”

“Bye daddy.”

The call ends and Tiffany sighs because of the arrangements her dad made 

“About the party tomorrow?” Michelle questions 

“Yeah. I have to go with Justin...”

“At least you have a date.” Michelle comments. Since she’s just arrived in Korea she has no one to go with. 

“I’d rather go alone ! I broke up with Justin, it will be so awkward and I have to tell Taeyeon...”

“It’s not like you’re getting back together with him. Look I’ll be there too for support.”

Tiffany hugs her sister, “Thanks Mich.”


*** 


After her shower Tiffany lies on her bed and stares at her phone. After a while she sighs then phones Taeyeon. 

“Fany Fany Tiffany.” Taeyeon teases 

“Annoying.” Tiffany smiles to herself 

“Thank you for coming with me today.”

“Jess isn’t that bad...”

Except for the fact that she has a giant crush on you and you haven't even noticed. I hate sharing but she has to be your stupid closest friend. 

“Taeyeon actually tomorrow after school we won’t be able to meet up.”

“Why?”

“I’m going to this company party. My dad’s going to be there.”

“Your dad will be in Korea?”

“Yeah just for a bit and um... I have go with Justin...”

“What? Why do you have to go with Justin!? I don’t like him! Stay away from that guy! I’ll go with you!”

“No Tae. It’s not like I want to. My dad arranged it. It’s a business thing. I’d love to go with you but we’re only allowed to take dates, no friends. I know we’re not friends but...”

“.... I get it.” Taeyeon says clearly upset. 

“You know how it is.”

“Yeah I get it. How you never want to be seen with me. How you look way better with Justin.” She says bitterly 

“It’s not like that Taeyeon. This isn’t just a party. These events are important.”

“’Cause I’m a girl and I’m poor I won’t fit in huh.”

“Oh my God! Taeyeon! Can you not be like this! I’d take you if I could OK!” 

“It’s just frustrating! I have to be all secretive! I have to watch you going off with guys and pretend I’m fine with it!”

Tiffany is now very upset. She didn’t want this. She doesn’t like to lie and be secretive either but that’s how her life is that’s the life she was born into, “I’m sorry you felt that way!” the teary brunette shouts then hangs up the call .


*** 


Taeyeon sighs after her call with Tiffany. She didn’t want to make her girlfriend upset like that but it hurts. It hurts to know that Justin is the one that gets to go with her to these events like it’s natural. People wouldn’t think twice about it. 

Even though I love you and you said that you love me. Why do I feel so insecure? I feel like I’ll always be a hidden part of your life... When we go out the guys don’t even see me as a threat they all just flirt with you and ask you for your number. It . 


*Next day *


Taeyeon is back in class after the holiday. Now it’s time for the work to start and she has to pretend Justin isn’t going off with her girlfriend. It’s the worst way to start the new term. Tiffany isn’t even looking at her. Jessica who was talking to Yuri walks up to her. 

“Did something happen?” Jessica is confused to see her friend upset if anything she should be the one who’s upset. Taeyeon dragged Tiffany with her when it was meant to be just them then she acted as if seeing her body was nothing. 

“It’s nothing. I’m just upset the holiday is over.” She lies 

“You never really disliked school before.” Jessica says then Yuri walks up to her. 

“Sica you left your pencil case on my desk.” Yuri hands it over 

“Maybe I did it on purpose so I don’t have to take notes today.” She jokes 

“Better check inside I could have stolen your stuff. My eraser was looking pretty small.” Yuri jokes and walks away before Jessica can moan at her.

What’s with that? 

“You two have gotten really close.”

“Yuri? I guess we meet up sometimes.” 

“I think she has a crush on you.”

“WHAT?” 

“You should tell her you aren’t interested before she gets the wrong idea.”

Jessica frowns, “And how do you know I wouldn’t be interested?”

“Well because... Yuri’s a girl.”

Jessica has always gone out with guys. She never showed any interest in girl’s before. As far as Taeyeon is concerned Jessica is completely straight. 

“So? I made out with you didn’t I.” 

Taeyeon coughs, “Yeah... That did happen...”

“Would it make you upset if I went out with a girl?”

The shorter girl wasn’t expecting that, “Huh? Uh... I wouldn’t be upset but shocked... I guess. I just thought that I would be the closest girl in your life even if you got married to a guy... That’s what we promised isn’t it...”

Her childhood friend has always been so attached to her. 

Jessica flicks Taeyeon’s forehead, “Yeah I thought that too but then you went off with another girl “

“But I’m still here...”

She sighs, “Don’t worry about it.”

Jessica hates how clueless Taeyeon can be. She's just too nice and she just doesn't get it. 


*** 


Taeyeon thought hard about it all day at school and she doesn’t just want to do nothing while Tiffany is going off with Justin so she phones Michelle as soon as she reaches her house. 

“Taeyeon? I gave you my number but I’m surprised you called. Tiffany is at home” Michelle gave her number to the blonde in case she needed any advice or something happened to Tiffany 

“Yeah... Um.. Do you have a date to that party”

“Hm? Taeyeon I’m flattered but I’m straight. I won’t tell Tiffany but it’s not happening.”

“No! Not like that! Can you help me with something?”

“With what?”

“I want to go to that event. Don’t tell Tiffany.”