Study Partner

Troublesome

“I heard from Jessica.” A guy confronts Taeyeon in the hall. 

Oh great another one 

The thing is my childhood friend Jessica is popular.... with the guys... 

“ing Lesbian! She can’t be with me because you confessed your undying love for her?” he says angrily 

Damn it Jessica! 

“Yeah that’s right! Did she also tell you that we make-out and do all kinds of crazy things!”

“Yeah she did!”

Damn it Jessica! 

“Then what do you want more details! How about this. She has a birth mark right over here.” Taeyeon says and points just off the centre of her . He clicks his tongue and walks off. 

Taeyeon and Jessica are close but they aren’t that close. Besides the birthmark the rest was a lie. It all started in Kindergarten when Jessica first came to Korea from America. The kids were picking on her because of her bad Korean and Taeyeon being influenced by her brother stepped in. After that Jessica started calling her prince charming and following her around. Now they’re in high school things still haven’t changed. 

Taeyeon makes her way to the classroom grumpily and is greeted by a big hug from her troublesome childhood friend ,”Taeyeonie good morning.”

The short haired blonde pushes the longer haired blond off her ,”Morning honey.” She says sarcastically 

“Aw come on. Don’t be upset. He wasn’t leaving me alone.”

“I’m sure.”

Taeyeon walks to her desk and rests her head on it. 

“I’ll buy you a new coloring book.” Jessica bribes 

“I want expensive pencils.”

“Done.”

Taeyeon lifts her head ,”How’s my favorite princess today.”

Jessica smiles and pushes the other girl, “Shut up.”

Just then the class goes quiet and it’s obvious why. Tiffany just walked in still refusing to wear the school uniform. She transferred here a few months ago from America . It’s blatantly obvious that her father is loaded. Her clothes are all designer , she gets driven around in a limo and she clearly doesn’t obey the rules. She acts like a spoilt brat but she’s gorgeous and has a posy of people who follow her around likely for her money. 

“Don’t you just hate her.” Jessica complains ,”She thinks she’s all that.”

“Oh and you don’t?” I joke 

“I’m wearing the school uniform ok. Also I heard this rumor that she sleeps around with guys. What a .” 

“Sica you know I hate rumours. Just leave her she doesn’t talk to us and we don’t talk to her.”


***


“Don’t worry you’re not in trouble.” The teacher says as Taeyeon sits down in front of her desk. The blonde haired girl sighs as she expected as much. She’s not the rule breaking type and she usually just keeps to herself. 

“Your parents phoned...”  The teacher continues. 
I see so that’s what this is about. Taeyeon realizes straight away. Her parents just won’t leave her alone. 

“They want me to join a club again?” Taeyeon confirms what she already knows 

“Yes. They’re concerned because you never want to leave the house. I assured them you are having no problems at school from what I can see but I thought I should confirm with you.”

“I’m fine. Really. I just like staying home.”

“I understand. I don’t want to force you to join a club but your parents keep phoning so I think I might have come up with a solution.” The teacher informs.

Taeyeon really feels bad that her parents have been bugging her teacher because of her. 

“Do you know Tiffany Hwang?”

Taeyeon laughs internally. Who doesn’t ?

“Yes I know her.”

“Well you see Tiffany has been having some trouble with her Korean. I know she can do better in school but her Korean is holding her back in all her subjects. I thought maybe it would help if she had a study partner. I also think it would help to mix her with a better crowd...“

Study partner!? Tiffany? 

“My marks aren’t amazing...”

“I understand why you don’t want to but she needs a good influence. I don’t want someone who will just give her the answers. Just someone who can help out with the words she doesn’t understand. Your parents would be delighted to know that you’re working hard on your studies with a new friend. I feel like it’s a good compromise.”

The blond girl isn’t happy about this but doing a bit of homework with someone is way better than being forced to join the athletics club.

“OK. I understand. I’ll help Tiffany. Sorry about my parents.”

Maybe Tiffany isn’t as bad as they say she is.... Jessica will kill me if she finds out though. 

 “Don’t worry about it Taeyeon-ah. It’s good to have caring parents.” The teacher smiles at Taeyeon making her feel better.

Mrs Kwon has really been a wonderful teacher to the shy girl even encouraging her with her dream of becoming a Singer. 

“Thank you Mrs Kwon.” Taeyeon smiles back. 

Mrs Kwon gave me Tiffany’s number. She said she’s already talked to the popular brunette about a study partner. Out of everyone Tiffany... Well if I can handle one princess I can handle another. 

She goes back to the classroom to fetch her stuff. It’s already empty since people are always so keen to get out of class as soon as possible when the bell rings. She told Jessica to leave without her. Before leaving Taeyeon takes out her phone and begins to save the number Mrs Kwon gave her. 

“Am I meant to phone her?” Taeyeon mumbles to herself.

“Phone who? Me?” A familiar voice enters Taeyeons ears and she looks up to see the famous brunette standing with her arms crossed. As usual her hair, make up and outfit is perfect. Undeniably beautiful. She’s wearing an elegant dress when she should have been in school uniform. 

“Taeyeon right?” she continues , “Don’t get the wrong idea. You can’t just phone me. That’s not how this works. You’re just helping me with my homework .”

Rumours were true. Her personality  

“You sure you want to be cold to the person helping you.”

“Why not? Most of the people who help I paid for anyway.”

“Not this time.”

“You’re not worth paying for.”

Well she’s a joy 

Taeyeon isn’t really concerned with Tiffany’s princess attitude. The shorter girl gets up from her desk with her bag and begins to walk outside, “I’ll phone you.”

Tiffany is shocked by how Taeyeon just seemed to ignore her, “Excuse me! Don’t you dare call unless I tell you! And don’t tell anyone my number!”


***


Taeyeon is just relaxing on her bed listening to some of her favorite music when her phone rings. She picks it up presuming it’s Jessica. 

“Sica I’m busy relaxing.”

“Check your phone next time. It’s Tiffany. I sent a limo to pick you up. I need you to help me with my homework.”

Now!? 

“We should arrange a study day. Then maybe we can meet up once a week—“

*HOOT HOOT *

“Don’t keep me waiting.” Tiffany says then hangs up .

“TAETAE THERES A LIMOUSINE OUTSIDE! THEY SAID THEYRE HERE FOR YOU?” Taeyeons mom runs into the room in a panic. 

SERIOUSLY?I really didn’t think this would be such a pain. After today I’m going to talk to Mrs Kwon. 

The limo pulls up to Tiffany’s house. 

The first and the last time .

She rings the door bell and soon the door opens. The shorter girl freezes as she sees Tiffany dressed in a revealing pink nightgown. A lot of her milky skin is exposed as well as her black bra and cleavage which attracts Taeyeon’s attention. 

Hot! She’s really hot! I don’t look like that in pajamas! At least she has looks going for her 

“Done staring?”

Taeyeon snaps out of it.

“I was waiting for you to let me in actually.” The blonde girl lies 

“Well whatever.” Tiffany grabs Taeyeons hand and pulls her up to her room. The house is two stories and professionally decorated. Nothing is out of place making It lack a lived in homely feel. 

Tiffany points at her desk with a couple of open books ,” I need you to do this. I can’t understand any of it.”

“I don’t think you get what a study partner is.” Taeyeon goes to take a look what Tiffany was battling with and laughs, “You’re kidding right. This is a basic comprehension.”

“No! A Korean comprehension! It was giving me a headache!” She moans in English 

I didn’t think her Korean was thiis bad 

“You wont get better if you don’t work through these yourself.”

“I’M DONE WITH KOREAN TODAY!” She moans again in English 

And I thought Jessica was a princess 

“Look ok I’ll sit here and if there’s a word you don’t know you can ask me.” Taeyeon lifts up one of the spare chairs and moves it next to Tiffany’s desk. 

She frowns but sits down at her desk  

“What’s this.. And this... Also this.... And umm...”

“Do you know any Korean? How are you talking to me right now?”

Tiffany glares at the native Korean which shuts her up. Tiffany tries to work through the comprehension and Taeyeon finds herself drifting off to sleep. 

She is about to close her eyes when Tiffany taps her, “Taeyeon this.”

Taeyeon takes a look and tries her best to explain it to Tiffany so she’ll understand. 

I didn’t think she was this much of a hard worker. Maybe she isn’t as bad as I thought... But she did order me here...

The blond haired girl stares at the brunette as she runs her pencil along her neck as she’s thinking. Taeyeon can’t help but think that’s .

“Taeyeon you know I heard this rumour.”

“What rumour?” She replies not taking her eyes off Tiffany’s neckline. 

“That you’re a lesbian.”

Taeyeon chokes on air from the surprise of an unexpected statement, “No! That’s just a rumour! I have this childhood friend, Jessica who always clings to me! But she’s just my childhood friend!” 

“Yeah you’re so straight. That’s why you were staring at my neck for like forever now. “ She says sarcastically ,”I might be American but that doesn’t mean I swing that way. I can’t concentrate on my work.”

Does she have eyes on the side of her head or something?! Just because I was bored and she keeps moving around that damn pencil in that damn outfit! Who does that! Anyone would look! 

​​​​​“You think everyone loves you!”

She turns and faces taeyeon now frowning, “I don’t ! I know people don’t like me!"

“Maybe if you didn’t act like a spoilt brat all the time people would like you!”

“Whatever! Don’t act like you know me!”

“I don’t even want to know you! I think I’ve helped you enough for today! Don’t expect me to help you again!” Taeyeon now angry gets up and storms out the room “bye!”

She’s such a pain! Her parents didn’t do a good job at raising her! Where were they anyways I didn’t see anyone home.