Bullying

Troublesome

Mrs Kwon finishes her lesson a few minutes before the bell rings. Everyone is eager to leave but the teacher has other plans ,”No one will be going home today. You’ll be staying here. I will not have bullying in my class.”

“WHAT!”

“YOU CAN’T DO THIS!” 

Students shout. 

“I’ve already called your parents so yes I can. Think of it as class bonding.”

The teacher signals for Tiffany to come talk to her privately and she informs her that since she couldn’t get hold of her father she can leave but Tiffany says she wants to stay. 

Taeyeon has been getting picked on all day. People were throwing notes at her saying mean things. They wrote horrible things in her books. She told Jessica not to get close in case she gets involved and she sat alone at break where someone poured juice on her food. Today has been the worse and she understands that Mrs Kwon just wants to help but everyone in class knows it’s her fault they have to stay after school. So she thinks it’s just going to make the situation worse. 

The teacher quickly goes to the staff room and she says anyone who leaves while she’s gone will get detention for a week. 

“Good Job Taeyeon!” They moan

“Hide the girls!” A male student jokes 

Yuri looks sympathetically at Taeyeon. Tiffany wants to do something but if she gets involved and her dad finds out she’ll get transferred and if he finds out Taeyeon is a girl in her class he’ll do something way worse. 


*** 


In the staff meeting Mrs kwon got given some last minute work so she’s busy trying to get that done. She instructed the class to talk and bond. Play games and when she gets back she wants no more bullying. Someone decided it would be a good idea to play truth or dare. Which isn’t a good idea since people are just getting picked on. 

“Taeyeon! I dare you to—“ One of the bullying girl’s starts already with evil intentions in mind. 

“I’m not playing.” Taeyeon interrupts 

“Everyone is playing by default. Fine you know what I’ll give you something you’ll love.” She grins, “7 minutes in heaven with Tiffany.”

The guys in the class uproar, “DONT LET THE LESBIAN BE ALONE WITH TIFFANY!” 

Everyone starts complaining then Tiffany stands up from her desk at the back of the room, “Fine.”

The class shuts up. 

“Ok 7 minutes in that closet over there.” She points .She wants Taeyeon to embarrass herself. 

Time alone with my girlfriend maybe this game wasn’t such a bad idea. 


*** 


Tiffany and Taeyeon go into the closet. It’s a tight fit. There’s only a little bit of space between them before their bodies are touching. It’s dark and quiet. It’s likely everyone is trying to listen in. 

“So should we make out.” Taeyeon whispers and gets bashed by Tiffany 

“They’re trying to listen.” She whispers back 

“They know I’m a lesbian anyway.”

“This is all my fault.”

“How is it your fault? I’m the one who likes girls.”

“Someone had to find out from somewhere. People close to me always get hurt.” She says sadly 

Taeyeon puts her arm around the brunette and pulls her closer so their bodies are touching, “It’s fine.”

The brunette stares at the shorter girl with her enchanting eyes before Taeyeon kisses Tiffany and they make out passionately pulling each other closer together in the tight space as if they were at home. 

“We probably have like 5 minutes is that enough time to have ?” Taeyeon asks catching her breath 

“Maybe for you.” She teases 

“Keep quiet.” Taeyeon whispers into Tiffany’s ear and sticks her hand underneath the brunette’s  

“No! Taeyeon!” she squirms 

“It will be fine.”

 

*5 minutes later *


The classmates open the door and Taeyeon walks out with a red slap mark on her face. The class bursts out laughing.

“I heard that!”

“I told you she got slapped!”

“Things not go well for you Taeyeon?!” They ask between laughs. 

Apparently no means no.... I get scratch marks on my back, hair pulled out and slapped in the face... What next? 

Tiffany feels bad about slapping Taeyeon in the face but it just happened. Jessica forgets about keeping distance and walks up to her friend, “Are you ok?”

“Yeah it’s fine. It was my fault.”

“What kind of situation...” she begins then comes up with a conclusion herself, “Never mind.”

“Look it’s Taeyeon’s girlfriend.” One of the male students who’s got dumped by Jessica announces 

“I knew their relationship was weird.” One of the girl’s adds 

Jessica is so done with all of this so she pulls Taeyeon’s sleeve and kisses the shorter girl on the lips. The class goes silent. 

“Sica!?” Taeyeon freaks out. It’s not the first time they’ve kissed but that was in full view for Tiffany to see. 

The brunette stops the shock by leaving the room. 

“W-wait are you really with Jessica?” One of the guys says in disbelief. It’s not so fun anymore when the lesbian gets with one of the most desired girl’s in school. 

“Yeah have you got a problem with that!” Jessica replies to the class staring at them 

Taeyeon is more concerned with the fact that Tiffany walked out the room, “I-I need the bathroom.” The blond lies and leaves the classroom in a rush looking for Tiffany. 

Luckily she didn’t get far, “Fany-ah!” Taeyeon calls but the brunette doesn’t look back 

Taeyeon grabs her wrist and she sees Tiffany’s upset teary face, “Childhood friends!? Hey Taeyeon? Because childhood friends kiss each other on the lips!?”

“I had nothing to do with that!” Taeyeon defends 

“You didn’t seem that shocked it happened!”

“Before.... we were together... I made out with Sica.”

“YOU WHAT!?” she shouts 

“You made out with tons of people!!"

“But I’m not friends with them like nothing happened!”

“She’s my family!”

“You don’t make out with family!”

“It was one time...”

“You might not feel anything for her Tae but she has the biggest crush on you! You are so blind!” Tiffany reveals 

“What!? No she doesn’t !”

“She just kissed you and you still don’t see it!”

“...”

Tiffany breaks Taeyeon’s grip, “I’m going home Tae. Don’t stop me.” 

She walks off leaving a confused Taeyeon. 

Jessica likes me? There’s no way right? But if she does? 

 

*** 


Taeyeon returns to the classroom. People are looking at her but they haven’t made any mean comments yet. 

“Sica can I talk to you?” Taeyeon whispers and pulls Jessica out the classroom before she can reply. 

“What is it?” she asks 

“You kissed me...”

“It’s not the first time Taeyeon.”

“In front of the class.”

“They’ll be off your back now.”

“Maybe for now... and Tiffany...”

“If she really cared about you she should have done it! She’s just trying to save herself! Some girlfriend!”

Taeyeon frowns, “It’s not like that.”

“It’s exactly like that!”

“Sica... Do you like me?” Taeyeon asks the important question. 

Jessica stops breathing, “What do you mean?”

“You know like more than a friend...”

“I already know what you’re going to say.” Jessica says stepping back. Now feeling nervous around the person she’s spent half her life next to. 

“I...um... I didn’t think that you felt that way... It’s not like I’ve never thought about it before...”Taeyeon says seriously. This was a response Jessica wasn’t expecting she thought her friend would say she’s like a sister. 

“...” The princess isn’t sure what to say. 

Taeyeon tries to find her voice, “I wouldn’t have kissed you if I didn’t feel anything for you.”

“Why didn’t you say anything?”

“Because I didn’t want to admit to myself that I felt that way. We’re both girls. I wanted us to be friends. I still want us to be friends.”

“You didn’t want to but it was ok with Tiffany? Because now you only care about her.” Jessica says bitterly with a hint of sadness. 

“I care a lot about her but I care about you too. And ...”

“And?”

“It’s nothing.”

“You can’t just not tell me now.” Jessica objects. 

“You’re like family but.. Um... It doesn’t change the fact that ...um ... I’ve thought about sleeping together..”

“YOU WHAT!?”

“BUT I WON’T !” 

“Oh my God! Taeyeon! Is that supposed to make me feel better! You’ve thought about it but you won’t!? What does that even mean!” 

“It just happened! Because you know we made out!”

“Then why don’t we just do it!” Jessica confesses 

“D-do it? Have... !?” That caught Taeyeon off guard, ”I-I can't. Someone else would be on my mind...”she says softly 

“She’s just making your life difficult...”

“No matter what my life will be difficult...”

“So... I have to find someone else...” Jessica says sadly. Tears now forming in her eyes out of her control. 

Taeyeon moves forward and hugs Jessica softly ,”We’ll... Still be together.”

“Really?” Jessica says holding her childhood friend close to her. Feeling nostalgic as if they’ve had a similar conversation before. 

“Yeah of course why not? You’ll always be my princess.”

Mrs Kwon returns so they have to go back to the classroom. The students agreed to leave Taeyeon alone thanks to Jessica’s stunt so everyone was allowed to go home. It’s still not clear if they were being sincere. 


*** 


Tiffany arrives home and starts storming straight to her room. 

“Tiff what’s wrong?” Michelle calls from the lounge as she can see her sister is upset. 

“Ask Taeyeon!” The brunette moans and continues to her room. 

She collapses on her bed and screams into her pillow. 

Taeyeon I can’t believe you! You made out with your childhood friend yet you insisted you were just friends!? Then she kisses you front of me!? There is no line! You crossed the line! And of course Jessica has to lie about her going out with you!? Everyone at school is going to talk about it! I’m glad I slapped you in the face! 


***


Michelle goes up to Tiffany’s room, “Can I come in?”

“No!”

She enters anyway and sits on Tiffany’s large bed, “Yesterday you were all love struck teenager. Now what happened? I thought you would come down but you’ve just been in here the whole time.”

Tiffany sighs and sits up next to her sister ,”Remember I told you about Jessica? Well taeyeon made out with her.”

“She cheated on you!?” Taeyeon seemed so into her sister. She can’t believe this. 

“Not exactly...”

“Then what?”

“It was before we were together.”

“Hello! Tiff! I know for a fact Taeyeon isn’t the first person you’ve kissed.”

Tiffany looks away, “It’s different. Jessica is her childhood friend and she said they were just friends.”

“This Jessica girl really bothers you.”

“She does. She’s touchy and pretty and dresses well even though her clothes are cheap.” 

Michelle thinks to herself that if Tiffany is worried about her she must not be just a regular girl. 

“Taeyeon is really getting those girls...”

Tiffany bashes her sister, “She’s meant to be with me.”

“From what I’ve seen she’s head over heals for you. Trust me you don’t have to be worried. What happened is in the past. You know the best that things change.”

“I know but...”

Michelle interrupts, “You’re jealous Tiff . I don’t think you’ve liked someone enough to be this jealous before but this is what jealousy feels like.”

“I don’t like it.” Tiffany pouts 

Michelle stands up from the bed, “Make up with Taeyeon you obviously like her a lot.”

Her sister leaves the room and Tiffany collapses back on her bed. 

Jealousy? I guess... I just want her to be nice to me. Only me. She’s always all smiley with Jessica at school. And they’ve known each other for so long. They have all these memories. I don’t know all the things that could have happened between them. It makes my heart hurt. 

Tiffany turns her phone on. She was so upset earlier she switched it off. As soon as it turns on she sees a bunch of missed calls and messages from Taeyeon. She smiles to herself and dials the blondes number. 

She picks up straight away, “Fany-ah! I tried to call! I’m really sorry! I realize I should have told you sooner. I kept telling you that we were just friends and we are just friends but some things happened and I wanted to act like they didn’t . I ended up making you upset and even Sica is upset with me. Even though Sica is special to me and I can’t deny that. You’re extra special. I love you. I would never cheat on you. I feel like I’ve ruined the relationships with the two people closest to me...”

“I don’t know... Am I really extra special?” Tiffany tries to get more sweat talk from Taeyeon. 

“Yeah. I’ve never felt this way about anyone before.” Taeyeon admits and suddenly the rich girl finds the other girl's voice very soothing and pleasant on her ears different from the earlier rushed tone. 

Tiffany puts her hand over her faster beating heart as if trying to slow it down, “Yeah? What kind of feeling?”

“Well... Um... Like I always want to be with you and even though you slapped me in the face today I was ok with it.” Taeyeon jokes 

Tiffany laughs, “When I say no I mean it Tae.”

“You’re body was saying yes...” Taeyeon says softly 

“Oh my God! You’re such a guy!” 

“I’m not!” The other girl defends 

“You totally are. You love s, you think no means yes and you made out with your close female friend.”

“....”

“No wonder you fooled everyone at my dad’s party into thinking you were male.” Tiffany continues 

“Why couldn’t I have been born male then...” Taeyeon says in a dejected tone. 

Tiffany takes a deep breath because she realized she might have gone too far, “Do you really mean that?”

“I never thought I had a problem with being female but...”

“It’s fine Taeyeon!” Tiffany interrupts straight away, “ Those people at school they just don’t get it. They just want someone to pick on. You told me before that when you get picked on it makes you want change but you don’t have to change who you are for anybody. I love you how you are and they should too.”

Tiffany can hear sobs on the other line. 

“Are you crying?” she asks 

“Today was really hard! It was just! It was just so hard!” Taeyeon was trying to be strong but the cruel words hit her hard. She was being treated like a freak. She’s never had to go through something like that before. 

Tiffany feels horrible for being upset with Taeyeon over mere jealousy when the other girl was having one of the toughest days she’s ever had and even after that wasted all that time trying to phone her to apologize . 

The brunette starts tearing up, “I’m sorry! Taeyeon I’m so sorry! I should have done something! I’m so selfish! I never think about other people! And you’re so important! You’re really important to me!”

After letting her emotions go and crying for a few moments taeyeon tries to gather herself, “I didn’t want you to get involved! What if they said the things they said to me today to you? I’m not strong and I don’t have money but I want to protect you. If it’s something like this I think I can.”

“You’re so stupid...” 

“I miss you...” she says softly 

Tiffany smiles, “I miss you too Taeyeonie.”

“I didn’t think you wanted me to come today.”

“...I didn’t ...but I want you to come now. ”

“Now is a bit...”

“We can have .”

Taeyeon chokes on the other line from the straightforwardness. 

Tiffany plays with her hair waiting for the answer that doesn’t come, “You don’t want to?”

“I want to! I really want to! A lot! It’s just...um... My dad grounded me...”

“Why?”

“He wasn’t too happy about the sudden sleep over...”

“I’ve slept over before.”

I thought they liked me. 

“Yeah... But he kind of... Knows now... and it was either telling my mom or getting grounded...”

“Tell your mom then you can come over. My bed feels empty. I want to cuddle.” She pouts

“Y-you want to cuddle... It’s ...its just Its not that easy! In the first place admitting that I-Im lesbian is really hard and she’ll ground me anyway! In my family my mom is the strict one!”

“Your mom said I would make a great daughter in law.”

“I’m pretty sure she was trying to set you up with my brother...”Taeyeon says softly 

“Your brother is cute.”

“WHAT!?” Taeyeon shouts 

Tiffany laughs, “I’m joking! Not really but he looks like you so of course I think he’s cute.”

“But you won’t... You know.”

“What?”

“Have with him...”

“EW NO! That would be like sleeping with my own brother!” Tiffany protests. She’s never thought of him like that. 

Taeyeon laughs, “So you feel like he’s your own brother? You know we aren’t married Fany-ah.” She teases 

Tiffany blushes ,”I know that...”

“Would you be ok with it?”

“With?”

“N-nothing!” Taeyeon stutters then hangs up 

“Taeyeon?” Tiffany says into a dead line. 


***


Taeyeon freaked out and ended the call.  She wasn’t thinking.

ASKING IF SHES OK WITH MARRYING ME!?? THATS LIKE ASKING HER TO MARRY ME! STUPID! I CAN’T BELIEVE I SAID THAT! ITS BECAUSE HER DAD KEPT TALKING ABOUT IT! 

Taeyeon gets a message from Tiffany, “You hung up before I could say goodnight TT. Good night Tae <3 dream about me. Don’t even think about dreaming about Jessica.”

The blond grins at her phone, “I’ll dream about you but it might be an dream is that fine?”

“ert...(it’s fine.)”

Taeyeon smiles into her pillow. 

I like you a lot . I want to phone you again and talk to you and kiss you and touch you... I might have an dream after all... More like I want one. Maybe I should just tell my mom now. 

 

A/N: Thank you for the encouraging comments!!