Day After

Troublesome

Jessica walks up to Taeyeon’s desk. The usual morning routine, “Did you fight with Tiffany?”

“N-no. Why?”

“Because I don’t think you’ve looked at her once.”

Taeyeon feels awkward about yesterday so she’s been avoiding making eye contact, “We didn’t fight...”

“Then what?”

Taeyeon looks around then gestures for Jessica to come closer so she can whisper ,”Don’t freak out but we had .”

“YOU WHAT!?” Jessica shouts 

“I said don’t freak out!”

This is too big of a shock to Jessica. She knew they were going out and that it often leads up to that but she thought they would break up before that ever happened ,”Are you serious!?”

“I wouldn’t lie about something like that.” Taeyeon says shyly 

“That !” Jessica accuses forming a fist glaring at the brunette on the opposite side of the room. 

“It takes two people to... You know.” Taeyeon doesn’t want the whole class to know which Jessica doesn’t seem concerned about. 

“How do you even... “

“I looked it up beforehand. Its not that hard—“

“Oh my God!  Just don’t tell me anymore!”

“Because we’re both girls?” Taeyeon gets offended because she’s pretty sure if it was with a guy her friend would be asking for details. 

“I told you before that’s not it. I just don’t want to hear about it. I don’t need to know how big her s were or something like that.” Jessica complains. She wants to try erase this from her mind. It hurts enough. 

Taeyeon reminisces about yesterday , “Bigish...soft...”

Jessica glares at her and she shuts up. 

 

*** 

 

Taeyeon is busy eating her lunch at Tiffany’s table. Sometimes she eats with Jessica and sometimes she eats with her girlfriend while Jessica eats with Yuri. Today is kind of quiet because they both feel shy about yesterday. Mainly Taeyeon. 

Tiffany smiles flirtatiously at Taeyeon and the blond girl blushes then smiles to herself while staring back down at her food. 

“Did something happen?” Yoona asks because the atmosphere is weird. 

“Did something happen Taeyeon?” Tiffany teases 

Taeyeon almost chokes on her food 

Maybe the losing of my ity? The hot ? The hot hot .... Multiple times... 

The blond swallows, “Nothing happened.”

“Nothing?” Tiffany questions while having fun watching the shy girl’s reaction but Taeyeon prefers to do the teasing. 

“Fany-ah did you get prettier? You’re glowing today. New skin products? Make up?  Relationship?” Taeyeon grins 

Tiffany blushes, “Shut up!”

Yoona sighs, “Get a room.”

She’s not clueless. Whenever Taeyeon is here Tiffany’s flirting switch gets . It’s worse than when Justin sat with them. Way worse. But there’s no way she’s going to move. Sitting here gives her status. 


*** 


Sooyoung see’s Taeyeon at Tiffany’s table and grins to herself before walking over. 

“Taeyeon~” she casually touches the blond in a flirty way then has to use all her energy to hold back her smirk because of Tiffany’s obviously angry expression. The taller girl just confirmed what she heard the other day from Justin. 

Taeyeon is confused at why Sooyoung is suddenly acting so friendly ,”Can I help you?”

Sooyoung laughs, “Taeyeon you are so so funny.” She flirts 

Tiffany takes a deep breath because it so obvious Sooyoung wants a reaction out of her. 

“I guess...” 

Sooyoung feels Taeyeon’s arm, “Do you work out?”

Taeyeon can’t help smiling at the attention she’s getting. Being a girl it’s not often she just gets pretty girls flirting with her except when she dressed up as a guy for that event,” I work out a bit.” She lies

“Can I feel your abs?” Sooyoung asks 

Tiffany can’t take it anymore, “Oh my God Tae! Can you wipe that grin off your face! Have you never seen a girl before! You liar! You hate exercise!”

“Sorry.” Taeyeon instinctively apologizes 

“What’s wrong Tiffany? I was just getting to know your friend better.” Sooyoung acts clueless 

“You’re such a lesbian Sooyoung. What? Did you run out of guys?”

“Yeah. I’m the lesbian.” Sooyoung says sarcastically 

“Sorry. I’m not into girl’s so you should try hit on someone else.” Taeyeon lies 

The tall girl stares at both of them ,”Fine. Have fun with your lunch date.”

Not into girl’s ? Oh I’m sure. Wait till I tell everyone 


***


Tiffany drags Taeyeon to the bathroom, “Taeyeon can you just not!”

“She was the one that was being all touchy!” 

“So!”

“It caught me off guard!”

“Am I not pretty enough for you!” Tiffany complains and crosses her arms out of anger. 

“You’re the prettiest!”

“Then what was with that grin of yours earlier!” she glares at the shorter girl 

“! You’re so hot right now!” Taeyeon thinks Tiffany’s intense glare is just such a turn on and yesterday is still fresh in her mind. 

“What?!”

“You’re so hot when you’re angry!”

“Oh my God! You’re such a bottom!” 

“If you want ...” Taeyeon admits. 

Tiffany grabs the blond girl’s hand and pulls her into the cubical then pins her against the door her s pressed onto her, “Does this turn you on?” she teases 

Taeyeon’s heart is racing, “ Yes.”

Tiffany leans forward and kisses the shorter girl. They have a heated make out session in the bathroom until Taeyeon reaches down to Tiffany’s . 

Tiffany moves the blonds hand, “Wait till after school.” 


*** 


Mrs Kwon told Taeyeon to stay behind after class so she can talk to her. 

“This is just about Tiffany. I don’t want to give away another student’s information but her marks drastically improved last term. Thank you for staying as her study partner she really needed it.”

Things kind of escalated from studying.... 

“You were right. She just needed someone.”

“Considering her improvement you don’t have to continue the study sessions if you don’t want to. I remember you said you wanted to quit.”

Taeyeon scratches her neck nervously, “No I want to. We’re closer now.”

Way closer... 

Mrs Kwon smiles, “That’s good news I’m glad she found a proper friend.”

Yeah friend... 


*** 


“Shouldn’t we finish our work first?” a breathless Taeyeon asks as they make out on Tiffany’s bed. The brunette sitting comfortably on her lap straddling her. 

“Would you be able to concentrate?” Tiffany says while ing her shirt slowly exposing her skin and pink bra. 

Taeyeon stares at the strip show, “No.”

“See.” She leans down and kisses Taeyeon again while the other girl now has access to the brunette’s warm skin. 

*Knock Knock Knock *

“Tiff! Dad’s here!” Michelle informs from behind the door. 

The rich girl stops, “! Taeyeon hide!”

“Why? I could just say I’m your friend.” Taeyeon says trying to gather herself 

“My dad isn’t stupid Tae. You look exactly like the guy I said I was going out with yesterday.” The brunette says while quickly buttoning up her shirt. 

I didn’t think that through! ! What do I do! He’ll kill me! 

“The black wig! I left it here yesterday!” Taeyeon remembers 

Tiffany goes to her cupboard and pulls out some male school pants and puts it on the bed, “Wear these.”

“Why do you have male school pants...”

“They’re Justin’s.”

“Excuse me!? WHY THE HELL—“ before Taeyeon can finish Tiffany interrupts 

“He left them when he changed into his suit yesterday! Geez!”

Oh 

Taeyeon quickly puts on the male school pants and the wig, “How do I look?”

“Hot.” Tiffany says without thinking 

“I knew you were extra into me yesterday." Taeyeon grins and Tiffany’s face goes red. 

“Shut up!”


*** 


Her dad, Tiffany,  Michelle and a cross dressing Taeyeon are all sitting in the dining room. A situation Taeyeon did not want to be in. 

“You had a boy with you at the house?” he sighs then looks at Michelle disapprovingly. He would have thought she would prevent Tiffany from having boys over. 

“Tae has been helping me with my Korean daddy. He’s the reason my marks went up.” Tiffany defends 

The older man looks at Taeyeon, “Hmmm. Yes a teenage boy at the house and he was helping you with Korean. I think you had a few helping you with English back in America.” 

Taeyeon glares at Tiffany then the brunette bashes her. 

“I’m not like those other guys sir.”

I actually wanted to work today... 

“Fine. Tae was it? I’m in Korea for a bit. Why don’t you come golfing with me tomorrow ? Some bonding.”

Huh!?

“I’ve.... Never been golfing before sir.” Tiffany’s dad looks at her coldly and her thoughts of declining vanish, ”But I’d be glad to try...”

Just me and her dad?! 


*** 


Jessica is busy crying in her room, her face buried into her pillow ,”TAEYEON YOU IDIOT!” she waited till she got home to let her emotions go, “I KNOW HER S ARE BIGGER STUPID!” 

THEY’RE PROBABLY HAVING RIGHT NOW! 


*RING RING *


She picks up her phone 

“YURI NOT NOW!” she complains and hangs up the call to continue her misery. 

I never used to feel like this. I never thought I would feel like this. She’s my stupid, annoying childhood friend. Maybe I should just tell her how I feel...but I already know what she’s going to say. My life right now! 


*** 


“Unnie! You have a guest!” Krystal calls 

“I’m not home!” Jessica shouts 

“Too late I let her in it’s Yuri -unnie!”

Jessica gets up from her bed and opens her door to see the tan girl in front of her, “Why are you here!”

“I was worried. You were off at lunch and It sounded like you were crying when I phoned. It looks like I was right.” 

Jessica wipes her eyes, “It’s just...”

“Taeyeon?”

Jessica pulls Yuri into her room and closes the door, “Taeyeon had with Tiffany.”

Yuri is shocked she doesn’t know what to say besides, “I’m sorry...”

The princess looks away, “They were going out I should have seen it coming.”

Yuri doesn’t say anything but gives Jessica a hug. The shorter girl can’t hold back her tears as she cries in Yuri’s arms.

After a while Jessica pulls back and they look into each others eyes . The shorter girl leans forward till her lips meet Yuri’s . The taller girl is stunned that the beautiful princesses soft lips are connected to hers. As soon as she takes in the moment she pulls back, “Sica what are you doing?”

“Don’t play stupid Yuri. You have a crush on me.”

The tan girl’s cheeks go red her heart beating out of control, “But you like Taeyeon!”

“So I see you don’t want me either!” She complains 

“I want you but if you kiss me I want it to be because you like me not because you’re sad or because of Taeyeon. I-I should go.” Yuri feels awkward because she’s kind of exposed the feelings she was having for the shorter girl. She quickly opens the door behind her, “I hope I can see your smile again.” She says shyly and leaves. 

Jessica bends down and covers her face, “Yuri you’re such a dork. No wonder you’re a hall monitor.”

 

*** 


Taeyeon is at home sitting at the dining room table. Everyone is in their rooms. Her mom is taking a short rest before she starts supper. Taeyeon is just trying to organize her thoughts and her life. 

What am I doing? Pretending to be a guy and now I’m going golfing with her dad. I used to just go to school, come home, do my work, relax. How did it end up like this? Out of everyone I had to fall in love with the most complicated person I could fall in love with 

Taeyeon doesn’t even notice her dad until he sits down next to her, “Is everything ok?”

“My life is just so... Complicated.”

He chuckles, “As a teenager life can seem that way but it’s only when you leave school you realize it actually wasn’t . Don’t worry TaeTae.”

No dad you don’t get it.... 

“Did you find a boyfriend?” he suddenly says and Taeyeon’s heart stops. 

“Why?”

“You’ve been out a lot more. You’re suddenly talking about life being complicated. Looks a lot like teenage love.”

I should probably tell him.... Because it won’t change.... I’m sure...

“Um... Dad.... There’s actually something I need to tell you....” Taeyeon forces out not making eye contact, busy fiddling with her thumbs out of nervousness. She can hear her heart beat in the silence.

“What is it?” Her dad is now concerned not knowing what to expect 

“I... I like... Girls.” Taeyeon manages to say not daring to look at her father. 

“A-are you sure? You don’t think it’s a phase?” He asks from the shock. 

Taeyeon hates that word ‘phase’ like she just decided she was going to feel this way. She’s heard that word before on Tv and all around since Korea thinks homouality is some kind of disease that needs to be cured. 

She looks at her dad, “No it’s not a phase. This is who I am. I can’t imagine myself with a guy.” She can feel herself tearing up even she doesn’t know why. 

His daughters tears breaks his heart, “I-I’m sorry. It was just a surprise.” He gives his daughter a hug, “If that’s how you feel then I can only support you. I-I can understand why you like girls. I married your mother. She used to be a girl.”

Taeyeon smiles, “Thanks dad.”

After the hug her dad takes a deep breath and asks the dreaded question, “So is this about a girlfriend...”

Taeyeon looks down, “There’s this girl I like... But the world she lives in so different from mine ...so I feel like I’m getting dragged up in these difficult situations. “

The older man puts his hand on his daughter’s shoulder causing her to look up at him, “Let me tell you something about woman. They will make your life difficult but it’s worth it.”