Tragic Reality

Troublesome

As expected the reaction wasn’t positive but Taeyeon didn’t expect the extent of the disapproval. After break a third year guy she’s never even spoken to before pulls her into the boys bathroom.  

“WHAT ARE YOU DOING!” 

“What was your name again? T something?” The buff Jock type guy asks 

“It’s Taeyeon.” She answers and tries to walk out but he stops her. 

“Kissing Tiffany in the cafeteria for everyone to see. You want to be male Taeyeon?”

“No! I don’t have to be male to kiss girls! She’s my girlfriend! I can kiss her!” Taeyeon protests. 

“Oh really? Girlfriend? Since you want to be one of us stealing our girls I’ll show you what I do to bastards like that.”

Taeyeon doesn’t even have a moment to process before she gets punched in the face for the first time ever in her life. She collapses down to her knee’s dazed from pain. Tasting her own blood in . 

“What? You can kiss a girl but you can’t handle a fight?” He taunts. 

Taeyeon coughs after some of her own blood went down the wrong pipe ,”IS IT SO WRONG!?” she cries now wiping her tears. 

“This is reality! If you want a girlfriend you better man up! I didn’t even punch you that hard!” He says and leaves the restroom 

Taeyeon lies down on the floor wallowing in her pain and disbelief of the situation when Justin walks in. 

“WHAT THE !? TAEYEON! I CANT PISS WITH YOU HERE!” He shouts from the shock then sees blood on the side of causing concern. 

“Are you ok?”

“ off Justin! You’re just like the rest of them!” she covers her face 

“Did someone hit you?”

“It’s none of your business!”

He reaches for her hand, “Come on I’ll take you to the nurses office.”

Taeyeon moves her hand but Justin picks the small girl up and she struggles, “Stop that!” she exclaims then suffers pain and holds her jaw. 

He carries her out the bathroom and starts walking to the nurses office ,”I can’t believe someone did this to you. They’re so pathetic. They think beating up a girl is going to change something?”

Taeyeon sobs 

“I know I’ve been hard on you. But you’re alright OK. I’d prefer Tiffany being with you than the scum that punched you in the face. Let me know if they bug you. I’ll do something.”

“Thanks...” Taeyeon says softly ,”You’re not...horrible.”

He smiles, “Yeah? Thanks.” He says walking into the nurses room and putting her on the bed, “She might be in the staff room. I’ll call her. “ he informs and leaves the room. 

I’m sorry for calling you a jerk.... 


*** 


Taeyeon got sent home early to recover. They’re going to try find the person that punched her and give him 2 weeks suspension. Even possible expulsion. Taeyeon’s mom got off work early to take care of her but Taeyeon has just been crying in her room. After school there were immediately two guests at her home which her mom let’s in. 

Jessica and Tiffany are standing outside Taeyeon’s door trying to get her to open for them. 

“Are you ok?” Jessica calls 

“I’m not ok!” Taeyeon cries. 

Tiffany is quiet because she doesn’t know what to say this is her fault. It’s always her fault and she hates it. 

“Taeyeon I’m sorry!” Tiffany manages to say but is left with silence. 


***


After a while Taeyeon’s mom offered them tea or coffee because Taeyeon wasn’t opening her door. 
Tiffany buries her head in her hands, “I’m so stupid.”

“Why?” Jessica asks 

“If I had just been more secretive...”

“It’s not your fault. Why should someone get violent over a relationship they have nothing to do with. It’s disgusting.”

“It still wouldn’t have happened if it weren’t for me. I think she’s angry at me.”

“ There’s no way she’s angry at you. She just needs some time.” Jessica reassures 

Tiffany sighs, “She should be angry.”

“Taeyeon is... Like that. She’ll do anything for the people she loves even take a punch in the face. She’s always been that way.” 

“I’m kind of jealous of you Jess.” Tiffany says 

Jessica laughs, “Jealous of me?”

Tiffany takes the last sip of coffee than stands up, “I just feel like she would be happier with you... She wouldn’t have to go through all this...” she says softly but before Jessica can say anything Tiffany walks to the kitchen to thank Taeyeon’s mom for the coffee and say goodbye. 

After Tiffany leaves Jessica sighs ,”She only thinks about you...”


*** 


Tiffany arrives home to her dad sitting in the dining room with Michelle. 

“Daddy? Why didn’t you say anything?”

“I was discussing some things with Michelle. I’m going back to America next week and you’re coming with me.”

Tiffany drops her school bag on the floor from the shock. The words still haven’t fully registered. It’s like time has stopped and this is all a dream. 

“Why...” She manages to say 

“Michelle can you give us a minute.”

“Sure.” Michelle gets up from the table and when she walks past Tiffany she puts a comforting hand on her sister’s shoulder. 

Tiffany forces her feet to move to the table and sit in a chair next to her father. 

“I don’t want to go back to America!” 

Her father takes out his phone and goes to a video which he plays in front of his daughter. It’s a video of Taeyeon and Tiffany kissing in the cafeteria. Taeyeon’s face hardly visible. Tiffany’s heart stops. 

“Where did you get this!?” Tiffany freaks out 

“An employee at work sent it to me. Said it was going around his son’s school and asked if the girl in the video was my daughter.” He can’t hold back his anger, “ An employee at work saw my daughter kissing another girl! I’ve had to spend the day trying to get this video erased from social media sites!”

Tiffany swallows, “I didn’t know this got out...”

“I let you do a lot Tiffany! I thought because you’ve been having a tough time you deserve your freedom! I thought bringing you to Korea would set you on the right path but I was wrong! I didn’t bring you to Korea to do this!”

“Just because I kissed a girl you want to move me to another country does that make sense!” She protests. 

“You don’t see the severity of this! Everything you do effects everyone else in this family! “

“This is one of the actual good decisions in my life!” Tiffany starts tearing 

“What was this? A dare? Looking for attention? It obviously wasn’t a ploy to get me to move you back to America.”

Tiffany takes a deep breath, “Her name is Taeyeon and you’ve met her before...”

He takes another look at the paused video but can’t identify the person. 

“ Taeyeon is Tae and she’s my girlfriend...” Tiffany continues 

He puts his phone down and massages his temples for a few moments, “Your girlfriend?”

“Yeah but it’s more serious than that... I love her and I want to live with her... And stuff.” Tiffany says nervously 

“WE’RE GOING TO AMERICA!” he shouts 

“NO! WHY!?”

“IM NOT ALLOWING THIS!”

“I DONT NEED YOUR PERMISSION!” 

He stands up, “You’re in High school! You’ll realize how silly you’re being when you forget about her within in a week of moving back!”

“I WONT FORGET!” Tiffany cries tears running down her face but her father doesn’t make eye contact 

“Why can’t you be more like Leo.”

“LEO!? YOU’RE COMPARING ME TO HIM!? HES WAY WORSE!”

“He works hard for the company! And he does what he needs to do! You should be grateful your brother is taking all the responsibilities so you don’t have to!” The older man lectures 

“AREN’T YOU LEAVING SOMETHING OUT DAD!? HIS PRIVATE LIFE FOR EXAMPLE!”

“He’s an adult and I can’t control his private life but I can control yours!”

“HE’S DONE WAY WORSE STUFF THAN ME!”  Tiffany complains 

“YOURE NOT AN ADULT YET TIFFANY ! YOU HAVE TO DO WHAT I SAY! YOU WON’T BE ABLE TO STAY IN KOREA WITHOUT MY PERMISSION AND MY MONEY!” He finally snaps completely  

“YOU’RE JUST AFRAID OF THE PRESS!”

"I don't have enough time to spend the rest of my day debating a finished decision! You're coming back to America with me and that's final!" He storms out the house leaving his crying daughter. Tiffany buries her head into the table sobbing loudly. Michelle walks back in the room and puts her hand on Tiffany’s shoulder but she hits it away. 

“YOU DIDN’T WANT TO SAY ANYTHING MICH!? YOU DIDN’T HAVE MY BACK! WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO NOW! MY LIFE IS RUINED! AN AMERICA WITHOUT TAEYEON ! WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO TELL HER!?”

“Tiff... If... If you’re meant to be together. This won’t be the end...” She tries to comfort 

“NO MATTER WHAT IT WILL ALWAYS BE THE SAME! THERE’LL ALWAYS BE SOMETHING MESSING UP MY LIFE! TAEYEON DOESN’T DESERVE THIS! “


*Next day *


Taeyeon didn’t go to school because she was scared. Yesterday was a shock she didn’t expect that there was people at school who would be so violent. She’s feeling better today but her face is still sore and she has a bruise just below her eye. She doesn’t know that Tiffany also didn’t go to school. She spent the day crying at home . Taeyeon is lying in bed when she gets a call from Tiffany she takes a deep breath before answering. 

I sent her away yesterday... 

“Hi.” She says simply unsure of what to say. 

“Hi Tae .” Tiffany replies and Taeyeon immediately notices something is wrong. 

“Were you crying?”

“...There’s ...there’s some news.... I have to tell you.”

“What is it?”

“It’s ....difficult to say...”

“Is it bad news?” Taeyeon is now extremely nervous and holds her cellphone tightly. 

“I’m ... Moving back to America... Next week .”

Taeyeon stops breathing and it’s like everything else around her goes black, “...What...” she says softly 

“I’m the worst aren’t I? You got punched in the face because of me now I tell you I’m leaving to America.”

“...Why?”

Tiffany doesn’t want to tell her it was because of their relationship so she pauses, “My dad decided... America... Is my home after all...”

“I don’t know what this means...”

“...Even if we stay together... It will always be like this... You will always have to sacrifice things for me ... I love you ...” Tiffany pauses for a long time because the next words are too hard, “And that’s why...I want you to forget about me... to be happy.” She finishes then hangs up leaving a speechless Taeyeon. The blond lets her cell phone drop to the bed. 

What... What.... What.... 

Taeyeon cries into her pillow still barely taking in the situation. She can’t forget. She doesn’t care if she has to sacrifice. She’d get punched in the face 100 times for Tiffany. How is she supposed to be happy without Tiffany. Tiffany is her happiness. 


*** 


A few hours later and after ignoring her call over 5 times Taeyeon picks up Jessica’s call. 

“Taeyeon why were you ignoring my calls? Are you ok?”

“I’m not ok.”

“Does it hurt a lot?” Jessica asks talking about Taeyeon’s injury 

“It hurts a lot.” 

My heart hurts . It’s been stabbed. 

“Do you want me to come over?”

“What do people do when their heart is broken?” Taeyeon says in the same dejected almost emotionless tone. 

Jessica is silent for a few moments, “Did something happen with Tiffany?”

“She’s moving back to America.”

“...When?”

“Next week.”

Jessica is silent for a few moments digesting the information, “Wow... I’m sorry. Taeyeon I’m so sorry...”

Taeyeon grips her bed sheets, “It hurts! It hurts so much! She told me to forget about her! I can’t do that! How can she tell me that! I’d wait a year or even 10 years for her to come back! She’s the love of my life! I don’t know what I’m meant to do to stop this pain!”

“I-I wish there was something I can do! I know I said some horrible things about her but I don’t want to hear you like this! I don’t know how to cure heart break! In dramas they usually just drink!” 

“Then let’s do that.”

“What?”

“Drink!” Taeyeon decides hoping alcohol will numb the pain. 

“You want to drink!? Have you ever had alcohol before?” Jessica is caught off guard. 

“Once... You?”

“Yeah... I have.”

“Do you have alcohol at your house?”

“I think we have soju... Wait Taeyeon are you serious!? Under age drinking! This isn’t like you!”

“I DONT CARE! IM COMING OVER! I DON’T WANT TO REMEMBER ANYTHING!” 


*** 


Jessica opens the door and as soon as she sees Taeyeon’s blue bruise and red eyes she gasps and gives her childhood friend a hug, “You look horrible!”

“Thanks.” Taeyeon says sarcastically 

“Because you do! Life might seem hard but I’ll always be there for you ok! No matter what! I’m not going anywhere!”

Taeyeon returns Jessica’s hug now feeling familiar tears running down her face, “Sica... You mean so much to me... You’re all I have.”

“Taeyeon...” Jessica says softly not sure what else to say then slowly releases from her hug, “Luckily my parents won’t be home today. My dad went to a business meeting out of Seoul and took my mom with. Maybe if I replace the soju tomorrow they won’t notice...”


*** 

 

Jessica goes to the kitchen to take out the alcohol but Krystal sees her, “I’m going to tell mom and dad.”

“Yeah? Wait till they find out when you say you’re going to Victoria’s house you’re actually going to that Kai boys house.” Jessica threatens

Krystal makes a fist, “...Fine. I won’t say anything.”


***


Jessica takes the alcohol to her room where Taeyeon is waiting lying on her bed. 

“It’s nice that this doesn’t change.” Taeyeon says 

“What?”

“It’s the same house I’ve been to thousands of times . Same room.”

“Yeah but we’ve changed. We’ve never drunk alcohol together before.”

Taeyeon sits up and watches Jessica pour the soju into two small glasses then hands her one, “Yeah and I’ve never had soju before...”

They clink their glasses together then down the shot. 


*** 


They have a few glasses and the alcohol starts taking effect. They’re both sitting against the bed next to each other. 

“I think you’re drunk Taeyeon.” Jessica laughs while looking at the other girl trying to play some game with her empty glass. 

“I’m not drunk!” Taeyeon protests 

“Ok. Ok. Fine you’re not.” She chuckles 

“Sica-yah do you drink a lot?” Taeyeon asks 

“No that's not my thing. I went to a party once where I had a few drinks and that’s it.”

“Yeah! I did that too!” Taeyeon nods and hands her empty cup to Jessica, “Can I have more?”

“You seem done.”

“I want to forget everything...”

“Ok but throw up in the bathroom.” Jessica takes Taeyeon’s cup and fills it with more soju. 


*** 


They have a few more drinks and now Jessica starts to feel pretty drunk. They’ve put some music on and Jessica is dancing by herself while Taeyeon is laughing at her. 

“Don’t just sit there! Dance with me!” she whines 

Taeyeon gets up slightly wobbly and Jessica grabs her hand and dances closely in front of Taeyeon running her hands along the other girl and suddenly the shorter girl doesn’t find it so funny. 

“You’re y!” Taeyeon admits 

Jessica smiles, “What?”

“Do you know who else is y? Fany Fany Tiffany! I should... I should phone her. To beg her to stay and tell her I love her” Taeyeon starts taking out her phone but Jessica stops her. 

“Bad idea! A drunken phone call’s not going to get you anywhere! You don’t want to look desperate! You said you wanted to forget!”

“Oh yeah...Forget her...And our plans of living together... ”

Jessica softly touches Taeyeon’s bruise , “Does it hurt?”

“It’s fine. I actually forgot about it.” Taeyeon moves Jessica’s hand, “I have the battle scars I can be a real prince now!” she jokes 

“Do you want to look at old pictures?” Jessica says suddenly feeling nostalgic 

“Now? We’re not old!” Taeyeon protests 

“Fine no more alcohol! It’s my alcohol!” Jessica threatens and walks to the bottle. 

“Lets look at pictures!” Taeyeon says taking the bottle and pouring herself another glass. 


*** 


Taeyeon quickly went to the bathroom to throw up. She’s gulping down some water then she gets the great idea of phoning Tiffany. 

It rings for some time then Tiffany picks up, “Tae the more we talk the harder it will be when I go...”

“Fany-ah~”

“Taeyeon? Why do you sound like that?”

“What like what? I sound normal.”

“Were you... Drinking?” Tiffany observes from her past experience with Taeyeon and alcohol 

“Drinking!? No! I just... I just called to... What was it... tell you to tell you that you shouldn’t go!”

“Yeah you’ve been drinking.”

“Either way you shouldn’t go!” Taeyeon whines 

“I don’t have a choice! I’m not going because I want to! If I had a choice I would be staying here with you!”

“You should stay! I’ll go to a business university and your dad will love me! And we’ll live together! And I’ll make you pregnant!”

Tiffany chokes on the other line, “ You know... You can’t... Well we can’t ...exactly...”

“Screw nature! Our kids would be beautiful!”

Tiffany laughs, “I think you’ve had enough to drink.”

“Can’t you just run away with me...”

“....It’s impossible to run away. He’ll find me in a second.... Being with me will just cause you pain Tae. I’m sure you’ve noticed already.“

“It’s more painful thinking you won’t be there...”


***


They turned the music off and are sitting next to each other with Jessica’s photo album. Jessica bursts out laughing when she sees a picture of Taeyeon falling flat on her face during sports day. 

“Why do you have this!” Taeyeon protests and tries to take the picture out but Jessica closes the album 

“Your mom gave it to me!” Jessica taunts 

Taeyeon stares at Jessica’s face, her smile and her lips, “You’re pretty.” Jessica’s heart races and she moves back but Taeyeon pouts and opens her arms, ”You used to be more comfortable around me.”

Jessica moves closer again and lets herself cuddle up to Taeyeon, “It’s not like before. We’re older now.” She says softly enjoying Taeyeon’s embrace and gentle arms. Her heart beat now becoming more apparent. 

“Yeah we’re older. I have and stuff.” Taeyeon smirks 

Jessica swallows, “What’s that like with a girl?” she asks curiously 

“Have you had ?”

“If I had I would tell you!” Jessica blushes

“I don’t know about guys but Tiffany is... Girls are soft and delicate... Vulnerable...hot...passionate...” Taeyeon holds the other girl’s hand and stares into Jessica’s eyes, “I could show you what it’s like.... to be with a girl.” 

Jessica breathes deeply as she returns the shorter girl’s serious stare. Taeyeon slowly moves forward and kisses Jessica. It escalates as they make out their tongues flavoured with alcohol. For the second time Jessica lets Taeyeon have her way with her until she sneaks her hand under the princess’s shirt and Jessica pushes her back, “Do you want to have with me or Tiffany?”

“Tiffany...”

Jessica lets go of Taeyeon’s hand and tries to gather herself. Realizing she shouldn’t be doing this. Her heart rate still elevated and her mind foggy from the alcohol, “I don’t break up relationships... I don’t know if you’ll remember tomorrow but you should get her to stay.”

“Of course I want her to stay! But what am I supposed to do! The phone call was very break uppy!” 

“ Work your charms... If you said my name I would have slept with you...” Jessica says snuggling herself into Taeyeon again. Trying to forget the emotions she was feeling. Trying to be how they were as kids cuddled up together without even thinking about it. She takes a long blink to try stop the spinning world 

“I would have slept with you...” Taeyeon says softly 

Jessica laughs, “You and alcohol is dangerous. If Tiffany found out then your chances are gone.”

“Fany-ah...  don’t go...” Taeyeon mumbles and Jessica looks up to see that her friend has fallen asleep 


*Next day *

 

Taeyeon woke up in Jessica’s bed with her friend cuddling her and a horrible hang over. She had over 10 missed calls from her mom when she checked her phone. She didn’t want to have to deal with going home and getting shouted at so she pushed herself to go to school. As soon as she reaches the class room she wants to go die at her desk but Jessica points to the back board with the words ‘We’re sorry Taeyeon- from the class’ written on it. 

“They’re sorry? More like they don’t want to get suspended like that third year.” Jessica says bitterly 

Taeyeon feels too sick to deal with anything, “As long as they stay away from me.” She says and crashes at her desk 

“Are you going to be OK?” 

“How are you not dying...”

“I guess I handle my alcohol better than you... I need to remember to buy more soju.”

“How are you going to buy it? You’re under age.”

“Oh my God! Why didn’t you tell me yesterday!”

Taeyeon laughs, “You didn’t realize?”

“My parents are going to kill me!”

Taeyeon looks to Tiffany’s desk which is still empty. 

“She wasn’t here yesterday.” Jessica informs noticing Taeyeon’s gaze 

“She wasn’t ? I guess I kind of don’t want to see her right now...” 

“Are you sure? She might be going Taeyeon. “

“It’s just embarrassing at the moment...” Taeyeon says softly 

“Embarrassing?” Jessica frowns, “What did you do?”

“Just said some things...”

“Did you phone her when you were drunk!? I told you not to! What did you say!?” 

Taeyeon pushes her hair back nervously, “A few things.... Don’t go... Run away with me.... I want to make you pregnant...” she says softly 

“You said what!? Out of all the stupid things you could say! This is why I didn’t want you to phone her! That is not the way to a girl’s heart!” Jessica lectures 

“I wasn’t thinking.” Taeyeon buries her head into her desk 

"Yeah you weren't! Imagine if a guy said that to her!"

"Good thing I'm not one then..." She says softly in a slightly sad tone 

 

*** 


People have been keeping their distance from Taeyeon while talking about her behind her back . At break their table consists of Jessica, Taeyeon, Yuri and Yoona. 

“Yoona you’re sitting with us?” Taeyeon asks confused 

“Yeah since yesterday.” Jessica says as if it isn't a big deal meanwhile she used to say horrible things about Yoona. 

“Go ahead talk about your love for Tiffany as much as you want it doesn’t bother me.” Yoona says busy eating her food. 

Taeyeon blushes, “I’m not going to talk about it...”

“How have things been?” Yuri asks Yoona 

“People keep asking me if Tiffany is a lesbian.”

“What did you say?” Taeyeon asks 

“I told them not to talk to me and if they’re so curious they should ask her themselves.”

As they’re talking Justin walks up and puts his tray down at their table then sits down. Everyone looks at him. 

“Can I sit here?” he asks 

“Why?” Taeyeon questions 

“You need a body guard and I’m sick of Sooyoung.”

Jessica bashes Taeyeon, “Are you going to let him sit here?” she whispers 

“He’s actually not that bad .” Taeyeon whispers back and Jessica sighs. 

Yoona has a big smile on her face, “Hi dusty.”

“Ah yeah Yoona right?”

“Im Yoona. We haven’t had much time to talk.” 

When did this table become so busy

Taeyeon looks around to see people staring at them. 


*** 


After school Taeyeon goes to Tiffany’s house since the brunette didn’t show up at school. When she sees Tiffany she notices her eyes are red from crying but before she can say anything Tiffany gently touches the blonde’s blue bruise just underneath her eye then she gives Taeyeon a hug. 

“Your face Tae!” she cries feeling horrible 

Taeyeon puts her arms around Tiffany in a warm hug, “It’s just a bruise.. it will heal. You don’t have to worry about it.”

“It shouldn’t have happened in the first place!” 

“My heart hurts more....You’re leaving me.” Taeyeon says softly but loud enough for the other girl to hear. 

Tiffany releases from the hug her eyes full of tears, “What do you want me to do.... “

Taeyeon starts crying. The tears just start falling down ,”We can video call! Everyday! Send each other pictures! Phone calls! Technology is great it will be like you’re still here!”

“Tae... I...”

Taeyeon puts her hands on The brunette’s shoulders, “You don’t have to say anything. Everything ...Everything will be ok.”

Tiffany looks down, “You’re doing it again. Trying to shoulder all the pain.”

“Fany-ah...” Taeyeon says softly then lifts the brunette’s face up and kisses her lovingly to try tell her that nothing matters. 

The door opens and Tiffany’s dad enters the room immediately seeing the two kissing. 

“What are you doing in my house!?” he looks coldly, “Leave now!"

“I-I... Um.” Taeyeon begins nervously because the older man just witnessed them kissing. 

“How can you say that!” Tiffany protests, “I’m already leaving with you!”

He sighs, “Fine. Taeyeon a moment.” 

Tiffany’s dad takes Taeyeon to the dining room where he looks angrily at the girl who's been kissing his daughter and possibly doing more. 

“You lied to me.” He accuses 

Taeyeon swallows, “I just wanted you to accept me...”

“Accept you? A girl with my daughter?”

“I know I’m not what you had in mind but... I love her.”

“We’ve had this conversation before. Soon you’ll realize the love you felt was just an illusion. I don’t know how this works but if girls is your thing then you’ll find some other girl. A girl that isn’t my daughter.” He explains trying to be open about Taeyeon's ual orientation. 

“Tiffany is the one! There is no other girl!”

“She’s not the one!” he immediately denies, “In less than a week Tiffany will be coming with me to America! No matter what kind of feelings you think you have for her! Now leave my house!”

“I’ll make her happy I promise!” Taeyeon pleads 

“LEAVE!” he says sternly and Taeyeon gets up from the table holding back her tears. She rushes to Tiffany before the older man notices. 

“Your dad hates me!”

“No Tae he doesn’t hate you! It’s because of me! I didn’t want this to happen! Look at you! You’re crying! You’re injured! Everyone close to me suffers!”

“Stop saying that!”

“I’m leaving soon Taeyeon! This is the end!”

THE END!?

“WHAT! THAT’S WHAT YOU THINK!? YOU THINK ITS THE END! WAS I THE ONLY ONE TAKING THIS SERIOUSLY!” Taeyeon feels like she just got stabbed in the chest. 

“IM SERIOUS ABOUT YOU AND THATS WHY I WANT YOU TO MOVE ON SO YOU CAN BE HAPPY! IM HOLDING YOU BACK! YOU KNOW THAT FEELING YOU GET ABOUT NOT BEING GOOD ENOUGH! EVERYONE ALWAYS FEELS THAT WAY! MY FRIENDS! MY BOYFRIENDS! AND THAT FEELING DOESN’T GO AWAY! IT WILL JUST MAKE YOU MISERABLE! IT WILL NEVER GO AWAY! THERE’LL ALWAYS BE SOMETHING ELSE! DONT YOU SEE THAT! ” Tiffany cries trying to explain to Taeyeon that she’s no good for her. The America thing was a reminder about how her life works. This is why she never let people so close to her in the first place. 

“NO! I CAN’T SEE THAT! IT SOUNDS LIKE ING RUBBISH TO ME! YOU MAKE ME HAPPY! I DON’T CARE ABOUT FEELING LIKE IM NOT GOOD ENOUGH ALL THE TIME BECAUSE I THOUGHT IT WAS WORTH IT! BUT YOU KNOW WHAT! FINE GO TO AMERICA! IM OBVIOUSLY THE ONLY ONE THAT CARES ABOUT THIS RELATIONSHIP!” Taeyeon shouts and picks up her bag storming out the house. 

Tiffany is left crying to herself, “TAEYEON YOU IDIOT!”


*6 days later * 


Taeyeon hasn’t gone to school. She’s just been crying in her room because Tiffany is going and she wants to just leave their relationship like it was nothing. It doesn’t feel like real to her. They were so happy together and until recently. They talked about their future together. Jessica knocks on Taeyeon’s door but the other girl ignores it. 

“Taeyeon this is important!” 

“What!? I don’t want to talk!”

“OPEN THE DOOR!”

Taeyeon reluctantly gets up and ones her door. She sees a panicked Jessica. 

“What is it...” Taeyeon asks 

Jessica shakes her friend, “Is this it Taeyeon!? You’re just going to let her go! Without even saying goodbye! You know what today is!? Did you not love her! Was she not the love of your life! I let you mope in your room but I thought you were better than this!”

“SHE IS BUT SHE DOESN’T CARE ABOUT ME!”

“ARE YOU STUPID! DOES THAT MATTER RIGHT NOW! YOU LOVE HER RIGHT!? THEN GET OUT YOUR ROOM AND RUSH TO THE AIRPORT BEFORE YOU POSSIBLY MISS THE LAST CHANCE TO SEE HER AGAIN!” Jessica shouts trying to knock some sense back into her childhood friend 

“My last chance...”

“YES TAEYEON SHES GOING! NOW!”

Taeyeon grabs her jersey and pulls Jessica’s hand, “Y-You’re right! Let’s go!”

Jessica breaks her grip, “You have to go alone.”


*** 


Taeyeon rushes to the airport and asks the reception about Tiffany’s flight. She arrived before boarding time but she knows Tiffany will be flying first class and they board first so they might have already gone through. She runs to see Tiffany, Michelle and their Dad about to go through the gate. 

“FANY-AH!” she shouts out of breath and the brunette immediately turns around 

“TAEYEON!?”

Taeyeon runs up to her barely gaining her breath, “I want you to know that I love you! And I don’t know how you feel about me but even if you go it has to be you!”

Tiffany leans forward and kisses the panicked Taeyeon. The brunette grips the blond’s Jersey sleeve tightly then forces herself to pull back, “Goodbye Tae.” She says and immediately looks away from the blonde not making eye contact. She walks forward to her dad who was staring at the scene. Taeyeon crouches down on the floor and cries into her knees because maybe it really is the end. 

! ! ! LIFE! EVERYTHING! 

Tiffany and her dad go through the gate but Michelle stays behind and walks up to Taeyeon. She bends down to be the same level," Tiffany really loves you. Love love Taeyeon.”

Taeyeon slowly looks up from her knees, “It doesn’t seem like it! It feels like a huge lie to me!"

“Trust me she does. The thing with our family is it’s hard and it’s hard for people around us. And it will always be that way.” Michelle hands Taeyeon a piece of paper, “This is my American number. If you’re ever in America call me.” She stands up, “Oh and don’t give it to your brother.”

Taeyeon crunches the paper in her hand as Michelle walks away 

This has to be a dream.... It happened so fast... There were so many things I wanted to do... Go on more dates... Help her study... Cuddle... Talk to her about all kinds of things... There’s too many things but now I lost my chance... Did I tell her I love her enough? I hope she knows how much I care about her. I hope she’ll be happy. I hope she won’t be lonely. I hope she won’t forget me.... Does it have to end this way? I don't want it to end

 

A/N: I'm sorry guys!!!! Please forgive me! I know you didn't want me to break them up but it's not the end yet!