Eight

Hanahaki

After school that day Luhan told his parents what happened, kinda, he didn't tell them how bad it was or about his dream he had because he didn't want them to worry. So they thought the best thing to do was to go see doctor Yixing again to see if anything has changed, even though it's only been a few days since Luhan last saw him.

So after arriving to the hospital Yixing took Luhan back to get an x-ray again to check for any changes. Then once the results came in Yixing went straight to see Luhan. "So doctor is everything ok?" Luhan's mom asked. "Well there are a few petals and the tree inside is lungs is gone..." Everyone sighed in relief until Yixing said, " But now it looks like something else is in his lungs. They kinda look like seeds to me. Now I'm not sure what happened to the tree but this is fascinating yet terrifying Luhan." "Is they're anything you can do about this doctor Yixing?" Luhan asked kinda annoyed, he just wanted this to be over already. "Well we're working on it Luhan, made when you cough again the seeds will come up and this can all be over. I'm sorry Luhan but I promise that we're working as fast as we can to find a cure." All they could hope was for something good to happen, so they left the hosptial with this new information and preyed that Luhan would be ok. 

The next few days of school were ok, Luhan asked his counselor if he could have his schedule changed so he would have all this classes with Baekhyun. The counselor remembered Luhan's situation and left Luhan's schedule be changed. Luhan's coughing seemed to die down and only his chest would hurt from time to time everything was going quite ok for him.

Then one day at lunch Luhan, Baekhyun and Chanyeol were all sitting together and then Chanyeol asked, "So what's wrong with you Luhan." "What do you mean Chanyeol." "Well Baek told me you've been sick and I've just been wondering what's been wrong with you." Then Baekhyun said, " Oh come on Lu tell him." "Why he won't believe me." "Fine I'll say it, Luhan's been coughing up flower petals." Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun and Luhan like they were crazy and then laughed at them. "See I told you he doesn't think its true." Luhan said while hitting Baekhyun, "Oh come on Channie its not that crazy," Baekhyun said. "Just watch Luhan, come on Lu cough," Then Luhan coughed and a petal came out. Chanyeol was in shock when he saw this, he couldn't believe it was happening. "Wow Luhan I'm sorry for not believing you. Does that hurt?" Chanyeol said. "Its ok Chanyeol and it doesn't hurt when I cough but sometimes my chest hurt," Then Baekhyun said, "Yeah Luhan had a small tree in him before, now its just seeds its weird." "Well thanks for telling all my secrets Baek." "You're welcome Lulu." For the rest of lunch chanyeol just kept asking questions about Luhan's condition. 

For once Luhan was truly starting to feel normal again, but he still lonely like he needed someone in his life, this made Luhan's chest hurt and he still didn't know why. Lately when Luhan's chest would hurt he would write it down and what he was doing or thinking about, but he still understand what was causing his chest to hurt. I gotta figure what's wrong with me, I feel like I'm close to figuring it out, Luhan thought. 

One day Luhan went out for a walk since he was tired of being in the house all the time. Luhan missed being outside, since he found put he was sick he parents were way more overprotective of him. After walking for a while Luhan found himself at a park, so he sat on a bench and watched the people around him. Everyone looked so free to Luhan, not having any worries or problems while Luhan felt caged in his own body.

Lost in his thoughts Luhan didn't notice the person person sitting next to him, Luhan only came back to reality when the person spoke to Luhan. "Luhan is that you?" "Oh hey Sehun." "Hey Luhan how come I haven't seen you around school?" "Well I had my schedule changed." Sehun nodded and then it went silent for a few minutes. This is so awkward, Luhan thought. Then Sehun asked "So what brings you here today Luhan?" "Well I just wanted to get some fresh air since I've been in the house a lot lately. What about you?" "I was just on my way back home from dance practice." "You dance?" Luhan asked. "Yeah I love dancing you know if you were want to you should come and watch." Why is he being so sweet to me and why is he even talking to me. I should've left when I had the chance. Luhan thought. Then Luhan felt a little pain but he tired to act like he didn't feel anything, he didn't want sehun to notice. Then Sehun said, "Oh Luhan there was something I wanted to ask you, what happened that day we were on the roof top, you left so fast I didn't have time to ask if you were ok." "Um well I just had a stomach ache and went to the nurse but I'm ok now." Luhan said with a somewhat fake smile. Sehun stared at Luhan for a minute before saying, "Alright Lu as long as you say so. Well I should be going now and you should too Luhan don't stay out too late." And with that Sehun left and Luhan stared at him like always. But before Luhan left he felt something brush up against his hand, he looked down to see a flower petal, similar to the ones he coughs up. Why is his here, i didn't even cough a lot today let alone out here with all these people around. Did Sehun leave this?

 

 

A/N: I hoped you guys liked it tbh I don't think this is one of my best chapters. And I was wondering should this be a long or short story and if I should give Luhan a boyfriend. Anyways thank you to those who have subscrided and for those who commented :)