A Date

The Boss

Taeyeon wants to cup the intern’s cheek to make her look into her eyes; she can tell that the younger girl is already not processing whatever she says but, it gives her a chance to stare at the brunette. When another five minutes has passed, the CFO decides that it’d be best if they just end this. It’s wasting both of their time.

“Alright, let’s go for dinner,” the blonde mutters as her hand closes her laptop screen and she stands up from the couch to get its case.

“W-why? We’re almost done with the report, right?” Jessica knits her eyebrows in confusion and the older girl scoffs.

“You were just daydreaming, I don’t want to waste any more of our time,” Taeyeon replies as she gets her blazer that she put on her chair. Her answer makes the younger one feels guilty.

“A-are you angry?” the brunette fiddles with her fingers and look down to her lap. By now, the CFO has already realized that it’s her habit when she’s nervous.

“I’m not,” she pauses. “But if in five minutes we’re not leaving this building then I’ll be annoyed. I’m starving,” she puts her hand on her stomach and rubs on it, slightly frowning. She isn’t aware that the intern has shifted her gaze from her lap so that she saw what the blondie just did. Who would’ve thought that she got her cute side? Jessica bites her lips to hide her smile.

“Ok, I’ll get my stuffs!”

+++

They settled to a newly opened Korean restaurant near the Hangang Park; Taeyeon heard from her brother that their marinated beef is the best. Both the intern and her boss are chatting happily and at the same time, the CFO’s hand busy grilling the meat while Jessica becomes the one who wraps the meat in lettuce leaf along with other ingredients.

“Taeyeon-ah, open your mouth,” the brunette mutters as her hand is near to the blonde’s mouth, holding a lettuce wrap. The CFO stares at the wrap for a while and shifts her gaze to the other girl. Jessica gulps the lump on and about to retract her hand when she opens , asking the younger one to feed her. She then puts the wrap inside with her cheeks flushed, it makes the intern feels happy. She’s feeding her boss! If only she’s using a chopstick or other utensils, she’d make sure that they’d have indirect kisses.

“Oh, it really is nice,” Taeyeon looks at her and nods her head, feeling happy for the nice meal that they’re having. She takes note at the younger one’s face every time a lettuce wrap is inside , her puffy cheeks looks cute for her. An hour later, both of them are done with the dinner and they go into silent again until Jessica breaks it.

“I feel so bloated,” she mumbles and the CFO only stares at her, smiling.

“We can go for a walk if you want to,”

“Y-yes? Of course I want to!” Jessica mutters excitedly and a split second later, she wants to smack herself for sounding too ecstatic.

“Are you that happy to spend time with me?” the older girl smiles teasingly at the younger one and finds her blushing. “Let’s go,”

+++

They’re walking side by side accompanied by Taeyeon’s chuckles and Jessica’s whines. The intern would tell the boss her silly stories and sometimes the CFO is the one asking her more about her fantasies. The brunette tells her how kissing in the rain or sharing an umbrella but still get soaked in the end would be nice and all the older girl can do is to shake her head in disbelief. She thinks she’s some actress in a romance movie, the blonde smiles as she gazed at the dreamy look that her intern has. If only she knew that Jessica is hinting her about what they should do, what will the CFO thinks?

The night autumn wind doesn’t feel warm for the younger girl at all and how she wishes that the older girl can just grab her hand and hold it to give her more warmth or give her a random hug. Of course, they’re her fantasies too. The way how their hands sometimes brushes with each other doesn’t help her at all. After thinking for few seconds, yes, seconds, the intern decides to do something daring. She grabs her boss’ hand and interlocks her fingers with the blonde’s ones, earning a surprised look from her boss.

“I’m cold,” she mutters, eyes staring down to her feet. She missed how the older girl’s sight travel to their hands and how her lips tug upwards to form a small smile. Taeyeon releases her hand and puts the intern’s one in her blazer’s pocket. Then she places her hand outside the pocket, holding the younger one’s hand gently. Jessica frowns at this, she thought that the boss doesn’t want to hold hand but the truth is, Taeyeon thinks that this is the best way to warm her hand. It will shelter her from the wind unlike holding hands. The boss is actually being thoughtful but what Jessica hoped for was for the CFO to hold her hand. Moreover, the older girl is not a fan of showing affection in the public; what she’s doing to the younger girl is actually something she does just because she’s genuinely concerned about her. In the past, she would scowl when her ex-lovers wanted to hold her hand in front of other people. If the younger girl knows about the fact, she’d be jumping in happiness but sadly, she doesn’t.

Taeyeon suddenly stops on her tracks and pulls out the brunette’s hand from her pocket, earning another frown from the latter. Then she takes off her blazer and drapes it on the intern’s shoulder. “Why didn’t’ I think of this?” she chuckles and Jessica only looks into the pair of onyx eyes, suddenly feeling her cheeks warm.

“T-thanks, Taeyeon,” the younger girl mumbles and she receives a soft hum from the older one as they continue walking. However, Jessica’s temptation to hold her boss’ hand hasn’t ended yet; their hands brush again. After putting on the blazer properly, she grabs the blonde’s hand and interlocks their fingers. “It’ll keep your hand warm so-“

“I’m fine, Jessica, don’t need to worry about me,” the CFO smiles a little and lets go of her hand, only to be grabbed by the intern once again.

“I- I want to hold hands with you so please don’t let it go?” Jessica pouts, scared that the older girl will free herself from her hold. After saying those words, she realizes that she sounds too childish and clingy but it’s too late to take back the words. They stay still for few seconds, eyes lock into each other which makes the brunette feel nervous. What if her boss think she’s some weirdo? Few seconds has passed until Taeyeon sighs.

“Ok,” the blonde replies and tugs her along with her to continue the walk. When the intern is about to pout at the cold treatment, the blonde’s thumb suddenly caresses her hand gently and it succeeds to make the younger girl’s face flushed. Her boss really is someone whom she can’t predict and she loves how every action seems to surprise her, in a good way.

At the same time, the CFO is quietly thinking. She’s not someone who likes to do affectionate things in public but somehow, when it’s the brunette’s request, she’d do it. She figures that holding hands only may not something that the younger girl would like, knowing how deeply in love the girl is with sappy stuffs; that’s why she caressed it.

 When she sees an empty bench, she tells her that they should sit down. They’ve been walking around for quite some time and knowing that walking in heels is never comfortable, she wants the intern to rest her tired feet. She notices how Jessica instantly stretches her legs by straightening them and sighs.

“We should go back, your heels must be killing you,” the older girl looks at her and the younger one just shakes her head.

“I’m fine, the weather’s nice, we should really take advantage of that,” Jessica replies quickly and stands up. “I’m done resting! We can continue,” she looks down to her boss who is still sitting with a smile plastered on her face. “Why?” she furrows her eyebrows feeling confused of why the CFO is smiling.

“I’m a woman too, you do realize that, right?” the blonde asks again before she holds her wrist and pulls her down to sit again. Both of them sits down and stares into each other until the older girl’s decides to break it and takes off her sneakers. “Switch with me,” she places her white Converse in front of the intern and looks back up.

“W-what? Taeyeon, I can’t just use everything you-“

“Faster, I need to pee after this,” the older girl scowls and the intern bites her lips to suppress her laugh as she takes off her heels and slips into the white Converse. “Oh, we’re the same size,” she purses her lips before she stands up and her hand reaches down to hold Jessica’s, making the intern feels giddy.

The brunette frowns when her boss rejects her idea to get into a random restaurant or shops just to go to toilet. I thought it was urgent? She furrows her eyebrows. When they are about to walk past another shop, she pulls the older girl slightly, making her stop in her tracks. The CFO raises one eyebrow at what she is doing.

“Taeyeon-ah, aren’t you going to pee? You’re going to get kidney stones,” she mutters.

“Nope,” the boss nonchalantly replies before she pulls her to continue their walk; only to be stopped again. Taeyeon sighs and presses her lips together in a straight line. “What?”

“Is it because you’re scared the toilet will be dirty or something?” Jessica looks at her with concern and the older girl looks down and shakes her head. She looks adorable for the younger girl, like a child regretting her action after getting scolded by her mom, but of course, now it’s not the time to fangirl about her boss. “Then why?”

“I don’t want to pee,” the blonde looks at her.

“But just now you-“

“Oh that,” the CFO shifts her gaze away from the intern. “I just wanted you to change into my shoes,” she looks back into her eyes and gives her a small smile. “Let’s go, you need to go home and rest. Tomorrow’s working day,” she continues. If her boss keeps on doing all these confusingly sweet stuffs, how can her heart not fall in love with her deeper?

Taeyeon calls out the intern’s name only to be ignored and she scowls at it. She wants to see what the girl is doing with her phone but somehow, all the traffic light is green and she doesn’t want to die yet so of course, there’s no chance for her to peek at the other girl. Finally, a red light! She smiles in triumph as if she just won a lottery.

Now she knows why she was ignored, the brunette was already peacefully sleeping, with her fingers still hovering the now dark-screen-phone. Her gaze falls to the pink lips that slightly parts and she gulps the lump on . What the hell, did I just want to kiss her? The CFO knits her eyebrows in confusion and looks back to the road. She’ll charge me for ual harassment, her lips form a small smile as she remembers how the intern thought giving a peck on her cheek would be considered as harassment.

The blonde decides to park in the basement for the first time, unlike other days when she’d just drop her off in the lobby. She figures that the younger girl must be exhausted and of course she wants to stare at the intern’s beautiful face for longer time, especially her tempting lips. She unbuckles her seatbelt and wonders what her lips will taste like. Out of all people that she has kissed, she only loves the taste of her first love’s lips; the taste of a girl’s lips. She sighs when she remembers her former best friend again but still, one thought is stuck in her mind; how will the brunette’s lips taste like?

She bites her lips before she leans in slowly, her left hand supports her body by placing it beside the door’s handle while the other one rests at the headrest, just beside the intern’s head. She stops closing their gap when their lips about to touch. She gaze down and is about to kiss the girl when she suddenly moves back. I can’t do this when she’s not awake, she sighs and throws herself back onto her seat. After calming herself for quite some time, the CFO shakes the intern’s body gently and in no time, the brunette wakes up. “Hey, we’re at your apartment basement,” she says and she finds Jessica staring at her, not replying. “What’s wrong?”

“I was thinking of something,” the younger girl replies and Taeyeon locks her gaze with her. After some time, Jessica unbuckles her seatbelt, puts her phone on her handbag before she stares at her boss again. She doesn’t know that I was about to kiss her, right? The boss gulps the lump on . “Sorry I fell asleep, Taeyeon-ah,”

“It’s fine, you must be tired,” the boss trails off and finds the other girl still looking at her intensely. “Jessica, why?” her eyebrows are furrowed in confusion and she is about to ask her ‘what is wrong’ again when all of a sudden the brunette pecks her cheek.

“I was thinking whether I should do that or not before I fell asleep,” she bites her lips. “Thank you for today, Taeyeon-ah,” she pecks her cheek again. “Please don’t fire me for giving you these kisses,” she says before rushes out of her car and leaves her boss alone, shocked of what happened. This time she didn’t forget to close the car’s door. Taeyeon purses her lips and touches the spot where the intern just kissed. She smiles and looks at the running figure until it disappears. The dinner date went well, she thought. Did she even consider it as a date? Oh- she is still wearing my blazer and shoes.

At the same time, Jessica happily takes off the white Converse and places it on top of her own sneakers. She doesn’t care about the dirt that would stick to her shoes but she needs to make sure that the CFO’s Converse will stay white until she returns them. Slamming her bedroom door, she leaps onto her bed to bury her head into the pillow and squeals. She has never done those silly things before and she hopes that the CFO likes it at least a fraction as she does. Realizing that she’s still in her boss’ blazer, she takes it off before she hugs it. She bites her lower lips before she takes a sniff of it. It smells like her! It- it- I’m crazy, she shakes her head and throws the blazer away only to take it back a second after and puts it neatly on her chair.

 

Was it a date? She hopes so.

Will there be more dates? She hopes so too.

Does the CFO share the same feelings?

 

She hopes for that as well.


A/N special thanks to venusheart, anatawowasurenai, TheStellarStar for the vote!! and of course y'all who has been actively commenting and those subscribers too!! This story has over 200 subscribers woooooo~ feeling ecstatic! But at the same time the vote keeps on decreasing on every chapter which makes me feel a bit sad. But anyway, see y'all soon!

Btw, the long awaited sort of proper date finally comes!! woooo~~~~