The Actress

The Boss

Cameras' flashes, people's cheer and free gifts are all a certain brunette receives when she lands in Seoul. She has been away from her country after several years working as an actress in several others including China, Japan and America. Being blessed with the ability to learn languages easily, boost her career. In addition to that, with a body of a model, face of a goddess and her manners, who wouldn't like Im Yoona?

The actress waves at the crowd, sometimes she stops by just to get her fans' gifts or to sign someone's poster, paper, shirt, whatever thing she is asked to sign. She will not hesitate to shake hands with her fans either; she knows that they're the ones who make her this famous and well-sought and she has no other way to thank them besides giving them a tiny portion of her time. What is a tiny portion of her time compares to the long hours that her fans would spend, just to see her face?

Her fans squeal loudly when they get to touch her, be it the tip of her fingers or even a strand of her silky hair. Some idols would regard them as impolite if they touch their hair but instead of showing discomfort, she only smiles and advertise the brand of shampoo she's in. The result is, people's laughter and the brand becomes more and more famous; Im Yoona is smart.

She is happily signing a shirt when she hears someone screams her name so loudly.

"IM YOONA!" the guy screams, making her stands up straight to see the guy who produces such loud voice but when she notices him, her eyes see past the guy to a blonde girl. In an instant, she feels like time has stopped, all those loud cheers has gone and everything becomes blur to her except for the blonde. She can never forget a certain person who always manages to make her heart skips a bit, her first love - Kim Taeyeon.

She wants to rush and hug the girl but unfortunately for her, the other girl has walked away, leaving her in her sea of fans with her bodyguards, her managers and her stylist.

Meanwhile, the CFO mutters an apology for Jessica because she has stopped all of a sudden, she tells her that she was just too shocked with the guy's piercing loud voice.

"Why? Do you like Yoona?" The brunette asks with a smug smile. Hearing the lack of response, she continues, "I love her, you know,"

"What?" Taeyeon knits her eyebrows in confusion. "You lo- oh.." she trails off when she realizes the meaning of the brunette's words. "Me too, well, used to," she mumbles as they stop at the exit of the terminal. She silently thank whatever gods out there because she can end the conversation about the actress. "Wait here, I'll go get my car,"

Jessica takes out her phone from her handbag as she waits for the CFO. A few minutes later, she sees how people crowd around the actress who has difficulty entering the van. She smiles at the sight of the actress and her fans.

Im Yoona, whoever has your heart should feel so lucky

Just when the brunette is inside the white Audi, she continues with her series of question, making Taeyeon clenches her jaw for a split second. How can she escape from it?

"Why don't you like her anymore?" Jessica looks at her as she asks, making the latter self-conscious of her face expression.

"She.. she had a boyfriend," Taeyeon mutters, eyes focused on the road. She wonders when will be the right time to break the news that they used to be each other's first love. Is she even supposed to tell Jessica? All her past lovers didn't know about this fact.

"Oh! Hyoyeon instantly disliked her once she dated the famous Lee Seung Gi," the brunette chuckles and pats the blonde's thigh a few times. "Don't look so sad,"

"I'm not," the older girl replies quickly. "Why didn't you go to her just now? Who knows you'll get her signature or a picture,"

"I'm not a hardcore fan," the younger girl replies as she looks out the window. "But if there's an opportunity to meet her one on one, I don't mind. She's a goddess, Tae!" She mutters excitedly and Taeyeon only purses her lips. "Such perfection,"

"If she's so perfect, her past boyfriends wouldn't break up with her," the blonde mumbles.

"Well, I'm sure all of them got dumped," the brunette chuckles and at that instant, Taeyeon's left eye twitch. Was she dumped as well? Whatever it is, she knows she shouldn't care about it anymore; not when she's together with Jessica.

+++

Im Yoona is seen inside her penthouse only with her black bathrobe wrapped around her body and a bottle of soju. She stares at the city lights and sighs. She reaches out for her phone inside the robe pocket to check whether she receives any replies from a certain blonde before she tosses it to the couch, metres away from her. Fortunately, the phone lands safely. Where are you? The actress clenches her jaw before she gulps the soju until cannot take the burning feeling.

Four hours ago, the actress text the CFO of Kim Global her penthouse address, complete with her password. She starts to regret not picking up the blonde's call, several months ago. That time, she was too shocked that the latter called her and every time she wanted to call her back, there would always be something that stopped her.

It was as if fate was against them.

Today, she has gained her confidence again once she saw the blonde in the airport. However, at this point of time, she feels her heart breaking. Her body feels hot due to frustation and the soju and oh.. she feels her tears trickle down her face.

Her dearest Kim Taeyeon is ignoring her. 

As soon as she empties the bottle, she grabs her phone to dial a number. Once it is picked up, she goes straight to the point:

"Can you help me find someone's address?"

+++

Taeyeon groans when she knows she needs to charge her dead phone; just in case Jessica will look for her. However, instead of getting her messages, she receives 2 text from the actress. She reads them before she presses on the 'Delete' button. A few seconds later, her thumb hovers over the 'Delete contact' over some time before she presses it. She doesn't plan on seeing the actress one on one ever again or to keep her contact. 

In her oversized sweater and shorts, she crawls to her bed and prepares to sleep. She has checked all the files that needs to be checked and she is done with the presentation slides, she smiles knowing that she can have plenty of sleep today. But, her doorbell has to ring. She groans as she walks to her door. Who the hell will come at midnight? Once she has opened it, she instantly wishes that she didn't do so because right in front of her eyes is her first love.

"Yoona," Taeyeon looks up. "How can you get inside? My security guards won't allow random people to-"

"Who doesn't know me?" The brunette cuts her before she pulls her into a hug. "I really miss you," she mutters and tears instantly wets her cheeks and the blonde's sweater. All Taeyeon does is nothing; she doesn't hug back the girl nor reply, she is just standing still; she's too shocked with everything. "Taeyeon-ah, please say something," she sobs and hides her face at the crook of the shorter girl's neck. The blonde clenches her jaw and she feels her eyes getting warm because of her tears, but she tries her best not to cry.

"Go home," the CFO mutters softly as her hands slowly untangles herself from the actress' hold. However, it seems like it was a bad decision because they are now face to face. The blonde notices how the dark circles below her eyes are so evident and how those doe shaped eyes are staring into her soul; how much she misses those eyes.

At the same time, Yoona sees how as the blonde gets older, her jaw becomes more defined but those same pair of onyx eyes that she loves are still the same, looking straight into her eyes with warmth. Slowly, her hand travels to rest on the blonde's cheek before she caresses it softly with her thumb. Once she tries to close the gap between their lips, Taeyeon turns her head slightly, making her to succeed only in giving a kiss on the cheek.

"I already have someone, please leave," the blonde fixes her gaze at the door hinge that all of a sudden becomes so fascinating. She missed how the brunette flinched and looks at her with widened eyes.

"Let me stay for the night,"

"What?" Taeyeon looks at her in disbelief. "Why-"

"I'm drunk," Yoona pauses and she sees how the blonde's eyes soften. "I can't drive back home and I know you won't drive me home. Taxi is not a possible option unless you want me to be tangled in nasty rumors," she continues and Taeyeon can only sigh as she breaks the eye contact. The blonde knows that the brunette is not lying based on how reeks of alcohol.

"For someone who's drunk, you speak so well," the CFO looks up to meet her eyes.

"You know my alcohol tolerance back then, Taeyeon, so-"

"You're sober enough to drive back home, please leave," Taeyeon cuts her. "Don't drive past speed limit so no police officers will catch you," she continues and she stares at the brunette who seems surprised by the way she talks. "We're just mere strangers anyway, why would you sleep in my place?" She mutters and her words effectively triggers Yoona's tears again, especially when those used to be warm eyes turn plain cold.

"Tae-Taeyeon-ah, I-"

"We're done with each other many years ago," the blonde mumbles. "I still remember how you cancelled our supposedly meetings twice and how you didn't even wish me for a Happy Birthday," she pauses. "I still ing remember it," she hisses and clenches her jaw. "Who do you think you are?" Her voice raises and her teary eyes are getting obvious. "You come back to me after more than twelve years saying you miss me and you tried to kiss me. What was all that for?" She clences her jaw again. "Did I return from the US only to hear that you've already dated someone?" She pauses. "What did all our hugs and kisses and- and everything mean to you? You're just- you-" her words are silenced by a pair of lips. The blonde resists her lips at first but as time passes, the actress knows the blonde gives up. The brunette takes her chance to push her past the door and closes it. Both of them can feel how their tears trickle down their face. Slowly, Yoona starts to nibble on the blonde's upper lip, making the kiss more passionate and she slips her tongue in. Taeyeon's hands on her waist starts to caress her gently and it goes down to squeeze her , earning a soft moan that's muffled by . Yoona moves to her neck and she on it before she gives it a bite to make her mark. She then returns to capture the lips again. Just when the actress is about to take the blonde's sweater off, Taeyeon stops her.

"Please leave, I'm begging you," the CFO breaks the kiss, takes few steps back from her and looks away, making Yoona frowns. "I can drive you back home if that's what you want but promise me you won't come back here ever again," she mutters softly and sighs.

"Am I too late now?" Yoona scoffs as she walks towards the blonde and gently grabs her chin to make her look straight into her eyes.

"Yes," the blonde mutters. "Twelve years is a bit too long, don't you think?" She smirks, trying to hide her sadness. "I'll drive you home and we'll never have to see each other again," she pauses. "Give me your key,"

"T-Taeyeon, I-"

"Key, Yoona," she hisses and looks at the actress with so much anger that it scares her. Her Taeyeon would never look at her that way in the past, she'd only scowl and flicked her forehead lightly but she'd do whatever she wanted. She'd even kiss the spot that she had flicked.

The car ride to the penthouse is only filled with the GPS talking and Yoona's sobs. Every single time Yoona sniffs in, Taeyeon would clench her jaw and sighs softly. The looks in her eyes has softened and she decides to speed up so they can reach her home faster. When the sobbings are gone, the blonde knows that the actress has fallen asleep. She glances at the latter before she sets the temperature of the AC higher so the brunette won't be cold.

As much as she wants to hate her, she knows she still deeply cares and it frustrates her that the actrrss has this strong effect on her. All this time, every time she sees or hears Yoona's name in the media, she would skip it in that instant, she doesn't want to remember anything anymore but with the actress physically besides her, everything feels like coming back to haunt her.

Taeyeon stares at the car opposite of her in the basement as she listens to the sound of Yoona's breathing mixed with the AC sound. She knows that she has been staring for more than ten minutes based on the time she read from the car's dashboard. Five more minutes and I'll wake her up, she sighs. Just when she is about to wake the actress up, she hears a groan and Yoona is up.

"Oh, we're here," the brunette mumbles and glances at the blonde who looks away to the window. Awkward silence creeps in and Taeyeon contemplates whether she should leave now. Sensing the awkwardness, Yoona hesitates for a moment before she starts to speak, "You- you told me to put this in my car's dashboard drawer if I don't want to wear it." She takes off her seatbelt and opens the drawer to take a white gold necklace with a letter 'T' as its pendant. Once Taeyeon turns her head to see what she is doing; her eyes widened at the sight of the necklace. The blonde has never thought that the actress still keep it after all these years. "It's not that I don't want to wear it but I can't, media is not very nice," she chukles bitterly but Taeyeon's gaze are still on the necklace. "You told me that the necklace symbolise our promise just in case we get sick of each other or we have a huge fight, we should always remember that we belong to each other. Do you still have yours?" She asks, her eyes shift from the necklace to meet the blonde's.

"I disposed it," the CFO mumbles and she sees sadness clear in the actress' eyes.

"O-oh," Yoona bitterly chuckles. "Then I should dispose this too, it-"

"I'm sorry," the CFO cuts her. "I'm sorry for breaking the promise. I- I know that time I should've asked you out for the third time when you cancelled the last two, right?" Her hand reaches out for the brunette's cheek to trace it with the back of her index finger. "I know I could've changed your mind and you'd break up with him," she bitterly chuckles and all Yoona can do is to listen. "And when you forgot my birthday, I should've just teased you about it just like the year before and we would be perfectly fine," she sighs and retracts her hand. "But I didn't so-"

"I was so used to be chased by you, Taeyeon," Yoona cuts her.  "And every single time we became distant, you'd be the one who ran back to me," she pauses and takes Taeyeon's hand. "It has never occured to me that finally you're done with whatever attitudes I'm putting you with, that- that you have enough of me," she smiles sadly. "When you went to the US, I was so lonely and he came at the right time. We became closer and he started to fill the gap," she pauses again to look at the blonde who is now clenching her jaw. The actress hesitantly caresses her jaw, an action from the past that calms the blonde's down every time she clenches her jaw. Her action seems to work, as always, and Taeyeon sighs. "I thought you'd make me break up with him but you didn't," she sighs. "When I cancelled our plans, I thought you'd come to my house and would drag me to be with you," she chuckled bitterly. "But you didn't, in fact we were getting more and more distanced," she wipes away the blonde's tear with her thumb and the blonde looks down to her lap. "And when I forgot your birthday, I thought you'd nag me about it and ask me to grant several wishes like the year before but you didn't," she smiles sadly. "All of those bitter memories feel fresh on my mind, Taeyeon," she sighs and the blonde looks up to meet her eyes. "But all the nice memories are still on my mind as well," she smiles and wipes her own tears. "How we skipped our classes and got detention together, how we played under the rain and got fever afterwards, how you stare at my body during shower and got nosebleed," she chuckles and Taeyeon's lips tug upwards forming a small smile as her gaze falls to her own lap once more. "And of course how we kissed; that beach is still my favorite place until now because it was where our first kiss was" she pauses and notices the small smile.

"If you're willing to give me a chance, this time I won't make you be the one who does everything, I'd be the one who text or call you first, I'd be the one who peppers you kisses when you're sad and I'd be the one who hugs you to sleep," the brunette cups the blonde's cheeks. "I'd be the one who puts all my effort for your happiness" she pauses. "Taeyeon-ah, can you give me a chance?" She stares into a pair of glossy eyes before she leans in slowly but she stops a few centimeters away from the blonde. Once she realizes that the CFO is not doing anything, she closes the gap between their lips. Their tongues dance with each other and hands are on one another, caressing gently. They break the kiss when they needs air but their faces are still very close that they can feel each other's ragged breath.

"Yoona, this is wrong,"

"But doesn't it feel so right?" 


A/N special thanks to rinniu, ditaange for the vote!! And y'all who commented and subscribed!!!

Jessica should be prepared for heartbreak... and you guys too... 

Anyway, this chap is mostly about why their situation is like that and how they feel about the situation. Do tell me what u guys think!! :)

Over 300 subscribers wooo~