Once More

The Boss

Taeyeon wakes up with her head spinning but what's worse is when she has to run to her bathroom and vomits. Stupid alcohol, she groans and her hands rest on the toilet seat. When she feels like not throwing up anymore, she flushes down her content and proceeds to the shower.

She lies down on her bed only clad in her bathrobe with her wet hair and she groans again, where did she put her hangover medicine? She can't remember. Her mind drifts back to what she did yesterday, just in case she has done something stupid but she remembers nothing. All she remembers is passing out on her couch in an awkward position. She walks slowly to her couch, plops on it and grabs her phone. She has received a few text from Yoona but when she checks on her calls list, her eyes widened at the sight of Jessica's number. I called her? 

She hesitates for a few moment before she presses on the recording. Never has she used the automatic recording function that her brother installed for her except for this moment. She listens to it and as more time passes, the more her heart aches, especially due to the brunette's non-existent answer. But, what hurts her most was when she hears the other girl's sobs. Why did I call her? She frowns. She doesn't deserve all this, she nibbles on her lower lip to stop herself from crying but it is no use.

Monday comes and she locks herself in her office; coming in thirty minutes earlier and she plans to leave after ten, just so that she can avoid the brunette. She feels ashamed of herself for doing all those stupid stuffs that she knows would hurt the brunette terribly. Due to her guilt, she even declined her family's and Yoona's offer to eat together for the weekends, she just doesn't want to meet anyone.

The blonde stares at the clock when it strikes five, she sighs when she knows that everyone should be leaving but knocks on her door startles her. When the person gets in her office, she feels like air is taken away from her and slightly parts, eager to call the person's name.

"I'm here to give you this, Ms. Kim," Jessica walks to her desk and submits a white envelope that the CFO knows too well. "I-"

"Why?" Taeyeon stares at the white envelope before she slowly takes and opens it. She knows if she looks at the brunette in the eyes, her walls will completely be torn down and she'd be crying; she doesn't want to look so weak in front of the brunette. "Why are you resigning?"

"I received an offer from other company," the younger girl mutters and she watches how the CFO grips the paper harder.

"Oh," the blonde trails off.

"I-"

"It's not because of me?" The older girl looks up from the paper to meet her eyes and the younger one finds herself shocked due to the question. She didn't expect that her boss would ask such an insensitive question.

"Excuse me?" Jessica knits her eyebrows in annoyance.

"Are you resigning because of me?" Taeyeon asks her again softly as she maintains the eye contact.

"I'm professional enough not to mix business with my emotions, Ms. Kim," the brunette hisses. She wants to curse her boss in every language that she knows for being too inconsiderate of her feelings. Of course it's all because of you, she scowls. However, if only she knows that the blonde is actually hoping that she is the cause of her resigning. Taeyeon feels her heart crushed when she knows that the girl simply wants to resign just because another company's offer. Was I nothing to her? The blonde frowns.

"Did I call you on- on Friday?" The older girl looks down to break the eye contact, secretly hoping that the other girl will answer her honestly.

"You did," the younger one mumbles.

"Wha- what did I say?" Taeyeon looks up to meet the girl's piercing stare.

"Nothing. You said nothing," Jessica replies quickly and the CFO frowns. "Ms. Kim, I believe that has nothing to do with my resign-"

"I still love you," the blonde mutters. "I know what I said and I meant it, I am in love with you, I-"

"If you were so in love with me, why did you do that?" the brunette replies softly and the truth is, how calm she is makes Taeyeon a bit scared. "Do you know how bad I wanted to erase all your marks on my body? Do you know how much it hurt to feel that I was just some cheap girl that you used? Do you know how- how my heart aches every time I stumble on something that reminds me of you? Taeyeon, you can't just cheat on me then tell me you love me and expect that I'd get back together with you. What do you think I am?" Jessica hisses and a tear escapes her eye which she quickly wipes away before the latter sees but the CFO has already seen that. The blonde clenches her jaw and stares at the brunette. She sighs before she rubs her temple and walks towards the brunette. She stands in front of her to have a closer look at Jessica and slowly, her hand reaches down to hold the younger girl's hand.

"I didn't know any of those, Jessica," Taeyeon sighs and looks down to their feet. "But the reason why our relationship didn't work out was of course because of that one particular day," she bitterly chuckles and looks up to meet the brunette's eyes. She pauses for a while to stare at those pair of eyes that she has longed for months. "I just- I want you to give me another chance honestly, I want us to get back together; no matter how impossible it sounds. I-"

"Didn't you hear what you just said?" The brunette cuts her and quirks a single eyebrow. "It is impossible, Ms.-"

"Please, Jessica," the CFO lets out a long exhale and looks away. "Stop calling me Ms Kim over and over again," she pauses, unaware how the look on the younger girl's eyes soften at her desperate voice. "One more date and you can decide whether you want to start over again or not, just one, please," she mutters and looks up to meet their gaze. "One date,"

+++

Taeyeon knows what it feels when first love leaves her for someone else and she knows how traumatizing it can be, yet, she hopes the brunette would just be a bit forgiving. She knows she is at fault but still, she hopes that they can at least communicate well unlike at this moment when she is the only one trying to talk and the latter replies her with short answers. She grips on her steering wheel harder and sighs as she presses on the brake for the red light. She looks outside only to find how rain is pouring heavily and she smiles sadly, rain used to be their background sound for their first kiss.

Jessica can feel the gloomy aura coming out for the blonde and her sighs too give out the perfect evidence that the CFO is getting tired of her. The truth is, she just wants to know how much the older girl will try to get her back because upto now, she feels like the effort put is just minimum. Why should she accept the blonde back then?

They eat at a restaurant near the Hangang river which reminds the brunette of their first date after they became official but this time it is the owner who tries to flirt on her, not to the older girl. She gently rejects his offer to get free food in exhange for her number but what confuses her is how silent and passive the other girl is. Taeyeon just keeps on flipping the menu calmly before she decides to break the awkward communication between the two.

"Hi, can we order now?" The CFO asks as she finally makes eye contact with the brunette. The owner in the end gives up from trying to get Jessica's number and leaves the table with their orders. They stare at the view outside and watch the interaction of some people until Jessica breaks the silence.

"Why didn't you try to stop him from asking my number?"

"Well," Taeyeon sighs. "As much as I want to, both of us know we're not in a relationship anymore. It's not fair for you if I take away your chances to be with-" she pauses when she hears the other girl scoffs and she meets her gaze.

"Why do you always play this push and pull game and cover it up with your logic?" Jessica hisses. "Shouldn't you be trying hard to get me back? Shouldn't you try your best to impress me?"

"I'm not playing games, Jessica," Taeyeon frowns. "And I'm trying to get you back, really, I just-"

"Here's your food, beautiful," the owner cuts her and places their bowl of noodles. "Do call me if you need something else," he rests his hand on the brunette's back for a few seconds which makes Taeyeon clenches her jaw and looks away. This time, her action is seen by the brunette. The CFO's face looks so calm but how her face slowly turns red due to anger concerns the younger girl.

"Tae-"

"Please eat your food faster, I don't like this place," the blonde mutters softly. "And to answer your question just now, I'm not sure how to impress you," she bitterly chuckles. "You'd blush from every single action I did but now, it seems like my effects on you are no longer there," she pauses and gives her a sad smile. "What am I supposed to do?" She scoffs and looks away to her bowl of noodle to hide her teary eyes, leaving the brunette with her widened eyes staring at the older girl. Is she heartbroken too? Jessica wonders.

They are greeted by heavy rain when they want to return to their car making Taeyeon opens the umbrella and hesitantly puts her arm around the brunette's shoulder.

"Sorry, I don't want you to get wet," the blonde mutters softly and Jessica just stays mum, allowing the other girl to do whatever she wants and at the same time praying that the latter wouldnt feel how fast her heart races in her chest. It's a pitty that the younger girl doesn't know how the umbrella leans towards her side that one third of the CFO's body is actually soaked by the rain but her body is petfectly dry. Moreover, if only the younger girl knows the latter's intention of making their bodies this close; Taeyeon knows how the shirt Jessica is wearing won't give her much warmth so she's trying to share her body warmth with the other girl. However, sometimes people can't see the little things that someone else does and Jessica is one of those people. The blonde lets the girl goes inside her car first before she enters her side with her left shoe soaking wet but all she asks is about the latter. "Are you ok?"

"Yeah, I'm perfectly dry, thanks," Jessica gives her a smile but too bad for Taeyeon, she missed that. "How about you?"

"I'm fine," the CFO mutters quickly. The ride still goes awkwardly silent for both of them and the blonde is actually scared that if she says the wrong thing, her one last chance to persuade the girl will go away so she just stays mum. This is when she realises how talkative the brunette has been in the past when they're together and how silent she has been. She starts to doubt herself; Jessica deserves better. Sighing, she shakes away that thought and steps on the gas pedal faster to reach their destination. 

Jessica widens her eyes when she knows where they are going, she demands the other girl to drive back but the blonde doesn't budge in fact, she drives faster. She sighs and lets the other girl does whatever she wants in the end. They walk to the top of the Namsan tower and sees so many couples writing cute notes on their locks before they buckle it to the fences; all of this makes Jessica wants to cry, she doesn't get it what the older girl wants from her. How can bringing her here help the blonde to convince that she should take her back? The younger girl has no idea what the older girl is thinking. Knowing that the CFO will not let her go home just like that, she walks closer to the fence and reads off markings on some couple's locks. She would smile a bit at how sweet their messages are but at the same time she wonders, are all of these people relationship last for long or it tumbles down like hers?

"We didn't have the chance to go here but you told me that you wanted to," Taeyeon mutters as her hand reaches out for one of the lock and she purses her lips. "I know I hurt you bad and I know how much you don't want to see me anymore, but at the same time," she pauses. "Can I hope that you want to resign just so that you can move on from me easier?" She fixes her gaze at the brunette. "Can I hope that you at least have some feelings left for me?"  She reaches down to take the younger girl's hand and gives it a peck. "I really- I really want us to get back together, Jessica. Just tell me that you'd give me another chance and I'll make sure you won't regret it," she sighs and clenches her jaw when she hears nothing. "I'll put you first, I'll treat you right, I'll- I'll- I swear I'll make this time right," she lets out a long exhale and looks away when she knows she's about to cry. "One more chance, Jessica, please," she looks up to meet the brunette's gaze again. After some time with the uncomfortable silence, she sighs for once more, "Please think about it for a few days," Taeyeon pleads to her and Jessica only stays silent. "I'll wait for you everyday until I see you again in this tower a-and about your resignation, do you really want to do that?"

"Yes, Taeyeon, I am resigning but about us getting back together, you can stop coming here if I don't come within a week," the brunette mutters before she releases her hands from Taeyeon's hold and turns her back to leave the place. The CFO chases after the girl and holds her wrist.

"L-let me drive you home, please?" the blonde pleads to her and it takes the latter some time to answer her.

"Ok," Jessica quickly replies and looses the latter's grip. How come her touch still makes my stomach churns and my heart races? Do I want to keep on acting like I don't care about her anymore? Should I give her another chance?


A/N special thanks to akkey002, a_taengsic_trash, fadismdy, svnny_sun for the vote!!! and y'all who has subscribed and commented.. great to know that last chapter made some of you cried hahahah taengsic is angst, no?

Anddd, sorry it takes me some time to update, I've been busy with school and all so yeah..