Promise

The Boss

Taeyeon opens her eyes and she blinks them to adjust to the light coming from the window. She looks around and notices a familiar room that she has been. She is about to lift her arm to protect her eyes from the light when she feels a weight on it; her Jessica is sleeping in an awkward position on the floor with her head on her arm. Taeyeon purses her lips and caresses the girl's head gently with her other hand. Nothing can describe the feeling of joy that she feels when she knows that they're back together.

The sleeping girl wakes up a few minutes later when she realises that her hair is being caressed. She looks up and sees how the CFO gives her a gentle smile, making her lips curve upwards as a respond. She knows she misses her too. She takes the towel from the blonde's forehead then replaces it with a wetter one. She can feel how a pair of eyes boring holes into her but she pretends not to realise it. Just as the new towel touches the older girl's forehead, Taeyeon's hand holds on hers and she sits up straight. The CFO puts away the towel, lets out a long exhale before she pulls the latter into her embrace.

"I miss you so much," Taeyeon mumbles against her neck and gives it a quick peck. "Thank you, really," she mutters and hides her face on the crook of the brunette's neck.

"I miss you too," Jessica wraps her arms around the blonde's petite body and her hair. "You- Tae? A-are you crying?" She breaks the hug to gaze into her lover's eyes and true to what she expected, the older girl is crying.

"I'm just happy," the blonde purses her lips and looks down to her lap, feeling embarrassed for looking so vulnerable in front of the younger girl. "I thought you wouldn't come and I would be waiting till the guards tell me to leave," she chuckles bitterly. "I thought I wouldn't see you ever-" she stops when Jessica cups her cheek to make her look into her eyes. They stare lovingly at each other before the younger girl leans in and captures her lips.

"But I came and you are with me," the brunette smiles. "Let's just be happy from now on," she wipes away the blonde's tear and captures her lips for one more time. After some time, they break the kiss and Jessica goes out to bring the CFO her breakfast. Both feel the butterflies when they gaze at each other and both know that they are in love with each other. Taeyeon swears, she will never do anything stupid to hurt the girl again. 

+++

Taeyeon's hand automatically reaches for Jessica's and holds it comfortably as they take a walk around the Hangang park. The CFO gives her a lopsided smile and places a kiss on the back of the brunette's hand, earning a wide-eyed gaze from the younger girl but it's not like she minds it; Jessica loves it that her lover seems so proud of having her. Every time a couple would stare at them in awe, Taeyeon would smirk at the guy.

"Taeyeon, stop giving smiles to all the girls that walk by," Jessica muttets softly, feeing the jealousy inside her chest.

"Hmm? I didn't," Taeyeon squeezes her hand and gives her a small smile. "I smirked at the guys because they seem so jealous of me," she chuckles and her thumb caresses the back of the brunette's hand, unaware that it makes Jessica blushes. "Sit down," she says as she sees a particular bench she has been looking for.

"Why? Are you tire-"

"This was where we sat down on our first date, do you remember?" Taeyeon asks her as she takes off her blazer and drapes it on the younger girl.

"Oh? Really?" Jessica replies with excitement and her hands fix the blazer's position, she wonders how can the CFO remembers of such thing.

"I want to switch our shoes again but this time I didn't wear my sneakers, I'm sorry," the blonde rubs her nape awkwardly, earning a soft chuckle from the brunette. "But, I want to show you something," she continues and her hand rummages for something inside her bag. Taeyeon finally finds a box and she opens it. Jessica looks at the pair of simple ring with a surprised look.

"T-Tae, I think it's a little bit too fast-"

"I'm not asking you to marry me," Taeyeon fixes her gaze on her and gives her a smile. "This is just our promise ring, I promise to propose you one day," she pauses to let Jessica digest what she is saying. "It's up to you whether you want to wear it or not but I won't take it off from today onwards- well, until I propose you and we have new rings," she chuckles and stares into the younger girl's teary eyes. "So, do you want to wear it?"

"Of course!" Jessica responds fast. "I- eek-" she shrieks when suddenly fireworks are displayed in front of her, colouring the dark sky. "Why is there fireworks? Is today a celebration for something?" She knits her eyebrows in confusion.

"I asked some people to arrange that," the CFO replies. "I calculated the timing perfectly," she smiles, feeling proud of herself.

"What? That was for us?" Jessica looks at the blonde with a surprised look, earning a low hum. "What if i rejected the ring?"

"Then it'd be awkward?" Taeyeon chuckles and pokes her cheek. Oh, that low chuckle that sends tingles to Jessica's skin is back. "I'm glad you didn't,"

"Of course I wouldn't," the younger girl smiles before she pecks the older girl's lips. "Since when are you good with surprises? I remember you told me that you were bad at it," 

"Since you are mine,"

+++

Ever since they got back together, the CFO would always make time to drive the brunette to her office in the morning and to pick her up from work. It tires Taeyeon out but she doesn't care; Jessica must be treasured. She would always work extra hard in her office just so that she can spend more time with the brunette. Nowadays, their favorite place would be the blonde's house. They'd order food and snuggles together on the couch while watching some shows.

They are happily watching until a kissing scene come up and Taeyeon wonders should she kiss the brunette? Her head is resting on her shoulders and she can feel how the hand that was caressing her hair has stopped. In turn, Taeyeon makes the younger girl's head rests on her shoulder and her hair gently. She knows how much the girl loves it when she plays with her hair.

"Why are you so focused into the movie?"

"Hmm? No, I'm just sad, they're breaking up," Jessica replies and her hands snake to hug her lover. Taeyeon has to hold back her hisses when the brunette suddenly slips her hand inside her shirt. She slightly lift Jessica's chin up and captures her lips, earning herself a make out session. When the CFO's hand starts to explore the girl's body, the latter stops her. "Nope, we are watching it till it's done," she mutters and distangles Taeyeon's hand from her body, unaware of a frown appearing on the older girl's face.

Ever since they got back together, Taeyeon has been more touchy and affectionate than ever. Jessica doesn't know what is the reason but she doesn't complain; she loves it that the older girl seems to treasure her. When she finally met Taeyeon's family too, the CFO didn't let go of her hand. She knows that the old Taeyeon would not be this affectionate and she wonders why. Meeting the latter family was not as terrifying as she thought it would be, her dad was quiet but she can tell that he supported them and her brother was interested in her which made everything easier. She got to see a possessive Taeyeon which makes her feel hot; her girlfriend is the best. 

"Taeyeon-ah," Jessica mutters slowly and caresses the older girl's cheek as they're lying on the bed side by side.

"Hmm?" The CFO flutters her eyes open and her lips automatically tug upwards.

"I'm glad your family likes me,"

"I'm glad you're ok with my brother," the blonde chuckles and gives the brunette a peck on her lips. "He has always been interested in getting to know you, lucky you didn't apply to be his personal assistant," she purses her lips."Or else maybe you'd be with him instead,"

"But I'm with you now," Jessica smiles and she giggles at the sight of the CFO's droopy eyes and pursed lips. "We should sleep now, Tae, you look like-"

"Nah, if you want to talk then we should talk. I'll talk to you till you fall asleep," Taeyeon fixes her position and kisses the latter's forehead, her hand caresses the younger girl's hair.

"I have actually been wondering about something, Tae," the brunette mutters, earning a low hum from the blonde. "Why recently you're becoming more touchy? It's not that I don't like it, I just wonder why. A-are you ually frustrated o-or I don't satisfy you enough?" She end her question only to see a sad smile plasteted on the older girl's face.

"I'll always be satisfied as long as I'm with you, Jessica," Taeyeon pauses. "I just- well, I- I need to ensure myself that you are really mine again. I need to feel you just so that I'd know you really are here with me. Ever since our break up, my mind has been a mess," she sighs and she nuzzles on the younger girl's neck. "I'm scared that I'd lose you to some other people in the future so while you're here with me, I'm just going to remember how every inch of your body makes me feel. The softness of your skin, the smoothness of your hair, how your eyes always gazes at me lovingly or how your lips always brings me excitement. I want-"

"Taeyeon, stop," Jessica cups her cheeks and makes the latter looks at her. "I'm not leaving anywhere, I agreed to your promise didn't I?" She pauses and earns a small nod. "Let's grow old together, hmm? Will you love me when my hair's all gone and my skin are all wrinkly?"

"I will,"

"Will you love me when I no longer can walk properly and my memory worsens?"

"I will,"

"Then I'll love you the same, Taeyeon," Jessica pecks her lips. "I'm not going anywhere but promise me, you'd propose me one day, ok?" She smiles. 

"Of course," Taeyron replies with a smile too. "I love you,"

"I love you too, Taeyeon," the younger girl caresses her cheek with her thumb and both of them stares into each other's eyes. The blonde leans forward and captures the younger girl's lips. Her hand starts to roam inside the latter's oversized shirt and she rubs circles on the brunette's waist; Jessica smiles during the kiss. They make out for a few more minutes until Taeyeon ends it with a forehead kiss.

Jessica watches how the intense gaze starts to soften and the older girl's eyes start to close. She can also feel how the hand that caresses her waist starts to stop. She smiles at the sleeping Taeyeon who has slightly parts. One hour ago, she wouldn't know how insecure the older girl feels. She had always thought that she was the one who hurt most. If this is love then she's glad that it's Taeyeon that she loves. The CFO did make her heart twisted in ways that she didn't want it to but at the same time it was with her too that she felt all the butterflies. 

Her mind travels back to how she thought her fantasy would end when she spilled her coffee to the older girl and when she knew the CFO was going to be her boss. She also remembered how concern was all she could see in Taeyeon's eyes when she accidentally punctured herself with the stapler and at that point of time she knew her heart started to shake. When they had dinner together, she knew that her heart had chosen the blonde based on how fast it raced.

Falling in love with Taeyeon was not love at the first sight like in all those sappy movies that she had watched and yet, if anyone made it into a movie, she'd watch it over and over again. All the pain and all the happiness was worth it. One very important thing that she learnt from her love story with the CFO was that love is a choice; she chose to forgive the girl and she chose to take her back. Now all that is left is for her to keep her promise to the CFO.

"Let's live a happy life Taeyeon-ah, I'll accept your proposal in the future. That's my promise,"


A/N special thanks to syasni, mzlyod, ReVeluv-Sone, dammit930, juneharada, 9genie, CadisNoblesse, darkwater

100 votes!!! Wooowooowooowooowoooo!!! And it has ended btw guys.. I'll probably only making one shots in the future due to time constraints.. I'm super busy with school..

Anyway, thank you so much for all ur support until this very last chapter. Hope that u guys really enjoyed this story :)