Kisses

The Boss

Clad in her track pants and hoodie with a pair of bunny slippers – her pajama for the night – she rushes to the Lobby. Her two friends asked her where she wanted to go but she ignored them; Taeyeon’s waiting for her. She runs to the entrance and finds no blondie. She her head left and right before she squints her eyes at the sight of a blonde girl who’s sitting down with her gaze on the floor. She smiles seeing that her boss is really here.

“Taeyeon-ah,” she mutters quietly as she stands in front of her boss. The first thing that the older girl sees is a pair of pink slippers before she looks up to the owner of the voice. Her lips automatically form a smile when she sees the younger girl.

“Hi,” the CFO trails off as she stands up. “I uhh- I know it’s kind of late so I'll just get straight to the point. I just thought that I need to tell you my reasons for rejecting your kiss.,” she says and notices that the brunette gulps the lump on . “We couldn’t just simply kiss, Jessica,” she continues.

“Why?" The younger girl knits her eyebrows in confusion. "The mood was perfect and nobody was there if you’re worried that someone would catch you kissing me so what’s your reason?” she scowls and the older one only locks her gaze with hers, not giving any answer. “Taeyeon, you can’t just tell me you like me but you reject my kiss then you tell me you’re here with your reasons but you’re not explaining,” Jessica frowns. “I’m not some kind of toy that-“

“Come with me,” the blonde cuts her and drags her to a park near her apartment. If only they’re not having any argument, the brunette would’ve been so happy that her boss is holding her hand but not at this point of time. She tries to yank away from the grasp but the shorter girl seems to be someone with a lot of power despite her figure. She wonders why the boss is dragging her away from the sheltered area. Is she trying to make her drenched under the rain? Because it’s drizzling already. When she looks down to her slippers, she wants to smack herself hard for wearing her home sandals. Out of every other foot wear that she has, she has to see her boss with a pair of bunny slippers.

“Sit down,” the CFO says as they stop in front of an empty bench. Sulking, the younger girl follows what she wants. “Just because you thought that nobody was there didn’t mean that nobody was really there. Someone might just walk in on us and we’ll get caught, Jessica,” she locks her gaze with the former intern and this makes the brunette scowls, why does her onyx eyes has to be that mesmerizing? “I don’t mind at all getting caught but I don’t want you to be tangled in nasty rumors,” she pauses and stares at the intern’s hand which rests on the bench. The CFO hesitates for a brief moment before she decides to grab the hand and caress it with her thumb; the looks in her eyes soften and she sighs. “If you ever decide to come back to work in my company and people know that we have some sort of relationship going on, they’d doubt your abilities and your professionalism. I don’t want that to happen to you,” she mutters and Jessica bites her lower lip. How come her boss really knows what to say to make her heart flutters and her stomach churns? “I’m worried that people will not take you seriously and are you sure that you want me? I’m much older than you and I’m quite workaholic,” she mumbles and her gaze shifts to her lap. “And I don’t like PDAs at all. If you want someone who can be affectionate to-“

“Do you really like me?” Jessica uses her other hand that the CFO doesn’t hold and places it on her cheek. “Do you?” she asks and the blonde nods before resting her hand on top of the brunette’s to hold it gently. The younger one smiles before she asks another question. “You said that you don’t like PDA, isn’t this PDA?” she quirks a single eyebrow and finds the boss shifts her gaze away from her.

“Well uhm-“she pauses to gulp the lump on . “It’s dark and it’s past midnight; nobody’s here except the two of us, right?” the blonde raises a single eyebrow too and gives her a lopsided smile. Seeing this, Jessica chuckles before she braves herself to peck her boss’ lips earning a wide eye gaze from the boss.

“You owe me a kiss,” the younger girl bites her lower lip and retracts her hand that was on the older girl’s cheek. “Let’s go back, before it rains heavily,” she mutters with her face flushed and stands up tugging the blonde’s hand. This time, the CFO lets her lead the way; she doesn’t want the other girl to be embarrassed of her blushing face; her Jessica is cute.

Out of a sudden, a loud thunder strikes and heavy rain pours. Jessica drags the older girl to run with her but she finds herself being pulled back. “Tae! It’s rain-“ her words are cut when a pair of lips meets hers. She breaks the kiss to stare at the boss. “W-what- w-hy-“

“I’m making one of your fantasies come true,” Taeyeon replies before she leans in slowly to capture the pair of lips that has been tempting her for quite some time. The innocent kiss turns passionate when she bites the younger girl’s upper lip and slips her tongue in. She has to tiptoe a little just to take her lips but she doesn’t mind; she’s enjoying it. Her lips are as soft as she imagined it to be and she loves it. She knows the brunette is enjoying it too based on the way how her hands are slipped into her blonde locks. They break the kiss when they need air and silence surrounds them. The boss’ hands circles her waist while the former intern’s ones cup her cheeks.

“That was amazing,” Jessica half-screams due to the sound of the rain and bites her lower lip. Now she knows that those romance novel writers are not lying when they’re saying there’ll be sparks when main characters kiss each other and the feeling of butterflies in her stomach. She felt it too and it was incredible. She can’t compare the kiss to her past ones, they are nothing compared to Taeyeon’s.

“Don’t do that,” the older girl looks away from her.

“Do what?” the younger one frowns, not getting what she meant.

“Biting your lips,” she mutters before she shifts back her gaze to the brunette. “It makes me want to kiss you again,”

“Then kiss me,”

+++

The CFO can feel two pair of eyes boring holes to her back as Jessica pulls her hand to her room. She wanted to greet them and all but the younger girl said that she should do that in the morning because the process will most likely take some time. She just followed whatever the brunette wants. She plops by the side of her bed as the other girl goes to her wardrobe to get dry clothes for her. Her gaze falls to the pair of the used-to-be-pink slippers, now it’s brown color. I should buy her new bunny slippers, she purses her lips. Jessica gives her a pair of sweatshirt and track pants as well as a large towel. While she’s showering, the younger girl helps her to put her undergarments in the dryer and by the time she’s done, her undergarments are put neatly on top of the toilet seat.

After she’s finished showering, she plops on the same spot where she sat half an hour ago. Why is it wet? Oh- my clothes, she scowls. She looks around her room to find a hair dryer but she fails to locate one. How am I supposed to dry it? She frowns. Not long after, the brunette comes inside the room and sits beside her.

“Taeyeon, are you- are you staying for the night?” Jessica bites her lower lip and the boss’ gaze fall to the temptation.

“Do you want me to?” Taeyeon mutters softly, her eyes flick upwards to meet the younger girl’s. When the other girl doesn’t reply, she leans in and slowly places a kiss on her lips. “I told you to not bite your lips,”

“Y-yes,” the brunette’s face flushed. “C-can you stay?”

“Ok,” the boss replies as she runs her fingers through the former intern’s hair. “Dry it before you sleep,”

“I’ll borrow an extra hair dryer from-“

“I’ll use yours after you’re done, don’t need to disturb them,” the older girl’s hand travel slowly to the younger girl’s cheek and caresses it with her thumb, before she gives her forehead a kiss.

“For someone who don’t like PDA, you do kiss a lot,” Jessica bites her lower lip again, unconsciously, feeling shy of the boss’ treatment.

“It’s only us now, I don’t mind being affectionate if we’re not in public,” the CFO lovingly gazes at her. “Stop biting your lips,” she pecks the brunette’s lips.

“So if we’re in public and I want your kisses, all I have to do is bite my lips?” the younger girl quirks a single eyebrow and smiles.

“Dry your hair,” Taeyeon purses her lips as she pats her head.

“Hey, why didn’t you answer my quest-“

“Your hair,” the blonde cuts her.

“Fine,” the younger one sulks and enters the en-suite bathroom, leaving the older one with a smile plastered on her face. Meanwhile, the brunette puts her right hand on where her heart is as soon as she enters the bathroom; her heart is pounding fast. The butterflies must’ve reproduced a lot or something, it feels too great! Wait- butterflies don’t produce baby butterflies, they become egg and caterpillar and- oh my god, Jessica stop, she shakes her head before she splashes her face with cold water. Why am I like this?

When she returns to her room, she finds the CFO is sleeping with her head on her work table. Seeing this, she decides to wake her up because she knows the blonde will have back ache if she sleeps in that position.

“Why are you sleeping here?” the younger one asks her softly.

“My hair’s still a bit wet, don’t want to wet your bed,” the older one mumbles with only one eye opening. Doesn’t she know that she looks adorable? “One part of your bed is a bit wet too, I sat on it, sorry,”

“It’s ok,” Jessica trails off. “Let me help you dry your hair, sit there, I’ll go get the hair dryer,” she says as she goes away without waiting for the reply. When she returns from the toilet, the CFO is already sitting, staring into space and looking so sleepy. “Don’t forget to brush your teeth after this,” she switches on the hair dryer and she notices her boss nodding slowly. By the time she finishes, the blonde is half-asleep already. She gently shake her body then she passes on the new toothbrush for the older girl.

The brunette is already lying on her bed as she waits for the blonde. The older girl comes and crashes into her bed. One arm automatically slips below her own head and the other hand drapes over her waist; this makes Jessica bites her lips. Unfortunately for her, the CFO has already had her eyes closed or else she would definitely earn herself a kiss. She stares at the closed eyes down to her nose and her lips. Her hand moves to caress her blonde locks and she smiles when she feels the hand on her waist tightens to pull her closer.

“Aren’t you going to sleep?” Taeyeon’s raspy voice is heard as she opens one eye to look at the younger girl.

“Yeah, about to,” Jessica trails off.

“Then stop looking at me and sleep,” the boss tiredly replies and closes her eyes, leaving the former intern with a soft smile. Just after the brunette closes her eyes, she feels the blonde moves slightly and her forehead earns a kiss. “I almost forgot about that,” Taeyeon chuckles a bit with her eyes closed while the younger one has her eyes wide open after receiving the kiss. There it goes again, the butterflies in her stomach and the pounding in her heart. “Now, sleep. You need to introduce me to your friends tomorrow, I hope they’ll like me,”

 

How can she sleep with her stomach churning and her heart beating like crazy?


A/N special thanks to wqwq123, SwoonedbyJess, Movie91, sweenybear, phoenix0828, KTIYKY7921 for the vote!! Got more than 50 votess wooooooo~~

Anyway, they finally kissed!! And Taeyeon is actually petty sweet, no?