Change

The Boss

Taeyeon groans at whoever banging the door of her house; her fever worsens her temper. Doesn’t her guard have some manners? She has let the person banged her door for quite some time now. It will be perfectly fine if it has not passed midnight but she knows that it is 4 am based on the time shown on her phone screen. She drags her feet to open the door and found herself sighing at the person.

“What the hell did you mean by this text?” Yoona shoves her phone to the blonde’s chest and pushes her slightly to allow herself to enter her past lover’s house.

“Yoona,” the shorter girl trails off and sighs. “It’s passed 4 am and you-“

“Yes, Taeyeon! Yes! I want your damn explanation!” The actress plops on her couch and crosses her arms. “Sit down,”

“I want us to end whatever relationship that we have. Two people who was each other’s first love cannot remain as friends and-“

“Why not?” The brunette cuts her and quirks an eyebrow. “We don’t have feelings for each other anymore and our relationship are purely friendship, you-“ she pauses when the CFO puts her phone on the coffee table and stares into her intently. “Tae-Taeyeo-“ the actress fails to continue calling the blonde’s name when a pair of lips capture her own. She reciprocates the kiss almost in an instant and when she is about to slip her tongue in, the CFO stops.

“Say again that you don’t have any feelings for me, Yoona,” Taeyeon sighs and wipes of her lips with the back of her palm. “Please, leave, I-“

“You’re not getting back with her, Taeyeon. She dumped you! She-“

“I don’t care if I’m not getting back with her! I just- I- I want her to know that I truly mean it when I said that I’d do anything for her just to be together again,” the older girl sits on the coffee table, rubs her temple and look down to her lap. “I-“

“You’ll miss me,”

“Trust me I won’t,” Taeyeon’s lips tug upwards forming a small smile and she looks up to meet the actress’ gaze. “All I think about is her, not you. She was the only one who can make me feel alive again after so long. Whatever relationship that we have now, it’s a mistake,” she pauses and lets out a long exhale. “You’re a public figure, Yoona, if you have any kind of pride left inside you, please don’t find me ever again. If you ever get caught by the paparazzi, I’ll say that you are begging me to take you back,” she looks at her intently.

“You wouldn’t dare, Taeyeon. You’re not like-“

“Don’t try me, Yoona,” the CFO scoffs. “People change, leave, you know where the door is,” she mutters before walking away.

I'm sorry it has to be like this, but I feel that it's unfair for you if you keep on thinking that you'd one day have a chance to be with me again. Move on and live well, Yoona. Find your happiness just like how I found mine when Jessica was mine, Taeyeon sighs and closes her bedroom door.

+++

Jessica knits her eyebrows in confusion when Kris waits in front of her shared apartment’s door with a bouquet of red roses. She was just about to go out for dinner when the guy had to show up. With a rubbing of his nape, his shy mesmerising smile and hands holding the bouquet, she knows that the guy likes her. All this time she thought the guy was just being too nice to her because that is how he treats everyone. However, when he says that he wants to ask her on a date, of course, now she knows the real reason.

The girl wants to reject the guy but how can she when the guy carries this huge teddy bear as well? That was her first time getting a life-sized teddy bear and she loves it. In addition to that, she knows that she needs to move on from Taeyeon. So, why wouldn’t she give her guy best friend a chance? Who knows this guy is the answer for all her prayers and hopes to get over the blonde.

A few hours later, she is seen walking with Kris’ cardigan drapes on her shoulders and they are walking leisurely in a park side by side. Today is their first official date and the girl still can’t believe it that her best friend is actually liking her. The food was great, the talk was wonderful and she feels like everything is almost perfect. Almost. If only her mind can stop thinking about a certain blondie who always manages to make her feel those butterflies and her skin tinge in excitement.

Kris parks his car on her apartment’s basement and he mutters how great the night was for him; he also hopes that there will be a second one. He gives her a puppy look that makes Jessica giggles due to his childish act.

“Fine, fine. Just because I don’t want to see you cry, hmm?” the girl teases her while slightly laughing at how his pout gets more obvious. Her Taeyeon would never act this childish- she curses her mind for thinking of a certain girl again. “I’m kidding, you know,” she smiles at him sweetly and he gazes at her. Why is she seeing the image of a certain blonde when she looks straight into his eyes? When will she stop thinking about her previous boss?

“A kiss on the lips would probably be too much but can I at least get a kiss on the cheek?” he rubs his napes awkwardly and Jessica chuckles at his action. She gives him a quick peck on the cheek and mutters a soft ‘thank you’. Then, there goes the awkward silence. She is about to leave his car when suddenly the guy grabs her hand and latches his lips on hers. Jessica stays still due to the shock but she can feel how the guy nibbles on her upper lip. It wasn’t a simple kiss at all and she doesn’t like it.

Her mind drifts to how his lips feel so rough against her and how his hand that snakes to her waist feel violating her. Taeyeon has never made her feel this uncomfortable. She can remember how their first kiss was actually a peck that she stole from the older girl and how their first official kiss that felt so magical was under the rain. She also can recall how gentle the forehead kiss that the blonde gave to her before their sleep on their first day being together. Even how Taeyeon’s hand fits perfectly with her and how the girl’s give her a lopsided smile, feel fresh in her mind. It seems like those memories have never left and will never leave her. Unknowingly, tears stream down her face. Realising that the girl is crying, the guy finally stops and his heart drops at his realisation that he just hurt the girl he loves.

“I-I’m really sorry, Si-Sica, I-“

“I miss Taeyeon,” Jessica sobs on his chest. She knows that the guy didn’t mean to make her feel uncomfortable, it was probably all his pent-up feelings for her. However, she feels bad for using the guy, especially when he her hair softly and mutters comforting words for her. If only he confessed first or if only those stupid butterflies exist every time they are together, not when she is with the blonde – nothing would be like this.

She plops on her couch and Kris goes to her kitchen to get herself some warm drinks. She takes the cup with a blank look and mutters a soft ‘thank you’. All the guy can do now is to just stare at her and telling her to accept the blonde again. That is actually what her heart is telling her as well but will she make it if Taeyeon ever cheat on her for one more time? What if in the future, it wouldn’t be a hickey that she sees but her Taeyeon with some random girl on their bed? What would she do if that happens?

“If she ever cheats on you again, promise me that you’d tell me, Jessica,” Kris takes her hand and this makes her locks her gaze with him. “I’ll make sure she regrets it and when that happens, I’ll be the one who make you happy. This is my promise to you and it’ll never change,” he smiles and she does too.

“Thank you,”

+++

Taeyeon is seen standing near the fence on top of N Seoul Tower and sneezing for so many times. She wants to go back to her car and gets her coat but what if Jessica comes when she's not around? Although there's only one path to go to the top of the tower but what if, somehow they don't see each other? Scowling, she hugs her own body tighter and clenches her jaw to stop her teeth from chattering; she should've drunk her fever medicine. She crosses her finger and hopes that the girl will come, if the brunette doesn't come today then that is it; she should let the brunette go.

Maybe she was cursed by someone because the clear sky turns cloudy and rain starts pouring heavily. Other people would find shelter but not her, might as well cry under the rain so nobody will notice; it has been two hours after their supposedly meeting but no Jessica is here. She bites her lips and walks closer to the fence; her hand reaches out for one of the locks and she purses her lips. Sighing, she stares at the lock for quite some time. I'll wait till the end of this day, who knows she's late, Taeyeon bites her lips. Clenching her jaw, she tries her best to remain standing up although the pounding in her head is getting worst.

Jessica walks slowly to the top of the N Seoul Tower, she holds on to her umbrella strongly, scared that it may fly away. Should she do this? This is what her heart wants but actually, her mind wants her to just get back inside Kris’ car again and spend her time with him; he won’t break her heart like Taeyeon did, right? When she reaches the top, she sighs before she looks to her left and right but she fails to find a certain blonde. She did see a blonde who is soaking wet and sitting down, hugging her own legs but she knows that the CFO wouldn't look so pathetic. Her love must have dumped her, she sighs, feeling sad over a stranger's situation.

Realising that Taeyeon might have already left, she took her own sweet time to look at the city lights. Despite it wasn't as nice as a week ago, it was still beautiful. Maybe they are not fated and it is best for the two of them to never contact each other anymore. She is about to leave the tower when she sees the pathetic blonde girl again. Sighing, Jessica walks to the soaked girl and holds her umbrella on top of the stranger, making the blonde automatically looks up to the owner of the umbrella.

"Tae-Taeyeon?" Jessica mutters softly, not believing that the blonde is the girl she has been looking for.

"You're- you're here," Taeyeon replies with a weak voice and she tries to stand up despite the pounding in her head; she hides away her pain due to how happy she is to see the girl. "You- you're giving m-me another chance?"

"Please take care of my heart this time, I-" the younger girl pauses when she sees the other girl suddenly hold the fence for support. "Tae? Why- TAEYEON!" she shrieks in surprise when the older girl suddenly fainted in her arms. She throws away her umbrella to hold the CFO's body properly and shouts help. When she touches the girl's forehead, she gasped in surprise to feel how hot the skin is against her palm. At that point of time, she knows that the blonde is having a high fever while standing under the rain for her.


A/N special thanks to lavignerawrr, barney01, ErrorLOL, Iloveit36 who voted and y'all subscribers and those who comment. I hope you're still waiting for me to update...

i know i haven't updated for a loooong time, I'm super busy with my school, I'm sorry.. anyway, finally they're getting back together hahahahaha and Yoona is out of the picture woo wooo!!