Subtle PDA

The Boss

Taeyeon opens one eye to check whether the other girl has fallen asleep. Strands of brunette hair covers Jessica's face and she has this urge to remove those strands from hiding the younger girl's beautiful face. However, she's not planning to wake the girl up. In fact, she plans to go somewhere once she is sure that the girl has gone to dreamland.

Slowly she lifts her arm that draped on the latter's waist and quietly creeps out of her bed. She takes her coat, wears her black Fred Perry sneakers, grabs her car keys and off she goes. She speeds up to Byeonsan Beach, a one hour drive from her house. The reason she didn't tell the other girl that the beach is not that far is simply because the beach brings too many memories for her. The bad ones, the good ones; her bittersweet memories. She was scared that her eyes would give away sadness when she's here and she doesn't want the other girl to see that. She's not ready to open up about her past love.

She switches off the engine and lets out a long exhale. It has been a few years since she last visited Jeonju but every time she does, this beach is never skipped. Flashes of memories come to her mind. She remembers when a certain brunette and she sat on the white sand, sharing passionate kisses, hands all over each other at midnight; the night was cold but they kept it hot. She remembers how they dreamt of growing old together or how the other girl promised to always be by her side. Taeyeon clenches her jaw and closes her eyes.

 

Lies.

 

She lets out a sigh and opens her eyes. Her hand reaches out to open the drawer of her car's dashboard and below all the messy papers, she finds what she has kept after all these days; a white gold necklace with a letter 'Y' as its pendant. She gets out of her car, her fist clenches on the necklace and she sits on the white sand. Is she really going to throw away the only one thing left from the brunette? She contemplates about it. In the past, she didn't even bother taking it out of her old cars' drawer but now, things have changed since Jessica come into her life.

Jessica is different. She brings out her past emotions that has been burried inside, she makes her want to please her and she makes her feel helpless at times. All her past boyfriends would never succeed in making her feel needy but when it's Jessica, she feels like she needs assurance that the girl is hers just so that she can do her things peacefully. She has this huge urge to just hold the other girl to hug her tight, to kiss her. She feels like Jessica has the right to be loved completely so she'll let the other brunette go. She'll dispose her first love's necklace just so that she knows it really is over; she has finally decides to move on.

She stands up to walk closer to the water, pauses for a few seconds, listening to the sound of the waves crashes and taking her own sweet time to stare at the full moon. She clenches harder on the necklace before she decides to throw it far to the sea with her fullest force.

Goodbye.

+++

The rest of the Jeonju trip is spent with them cuddling or having food adventure in various places. Taeyeon scowls everytime the younger girl orders too much and she's the one who needs to finish it; she doesn't waste food. She wants to make the girl finish what she's ordered but seeing the other girl pouting and asking her to help, she can't do anything besides giving in.

"Jessica, stop," the blonde groans. "I'm too full, don't order too much, hmm?" she looks into the eyes of the brunette intently making the young girl's face flushed. Jessica doesn't know why but the CFO's gaze effect on her is not decreasing at all, it's too mesmerizing for her.

"I'll finish it this time," the brunette mutters, earning a scoff from the blonde.

"You kept on saying that but I'm the one who did it all the time," Taeyeon looks at her tiredly and sighs. "Fine, fine but after this, we're going back to Seoul, ok?"

"Yes!" the brunette smiles and the blonde only purses her lips. Her thumb reaches out for the brunette's upper lip and brushes it making her body tenses for a moment.

"Wipe your mouth after you eat," the older one gives her a small smile before she wipes off her thumb to the tissue. The young girl sees a black dot on the tissue and she knows that Taeyeon was only being nice but still, since when the other girl dares to do such affectionate things in public? Ever since two days ago, the CFO keeps on making her feel hot and bothered and she's not sure what is the reason. Is there any reason? Or is it only her being too sensitive over the latter's treatment?

After half portion of the Patbingsu has gone, Jessica starts to feel full. She begins to glance at the older girl whom she finds staring at her with a single eyebrow quirks up and a pursed lips. Taeyeon leans back on her chair and gives her a smug smile before her hand gestures the other girl to continue with her food. After a few more spoons and a few more glances, the blonde smiles and stops the brunette’s hand from playing with the shaved ice. She gently takes the spoon away from her.

"Can I try? This looks delicious," Taeyeon gives her a small smirk to tease the girl.

"Yah," Jessica whines, earning a wide smile from the CFO.

"I'll finish this,” she pokes the latter's cheek with her spoon before she sighs tiredly.

“Thank you, Taeyeon-ah,” the young girl looks at her happily, earning a shake of head from the latter and a loving gaze. The blonde asks for the bill once she has finished the shaved ice desert. “Tae, do-“ she stops immediately when a waitress comes with the bill.

“I apologize for my unprofessional behavior beforehand but can I have your number?” the female waitress throws a flirty look at the blonde who is now looking at her with wide eyes while the brunette raises a single eyebrow.

“I already have someone,” Taeyeon replies her quickly without any smile as she takes out some money to pay for the shaved ice, making Jessica silently proud of what the CFO is doing.

“Well, that someone doesn’t have to know, right? Just-“

“Do you want me to call your manager?” the blonde cuts as she looks at the girl unaware of the shocked stare that the brunette is giving out. Her Taeyeon is freaking cool, at least for her.

“Yah! I’m the owner of-“

“Then be professional or else you’ll lose all your customers,” Taeyeon cuts her again as she stands up and grabs Jessica’s wrist gently. “Let’s go,” she mutters quietly and her hand interlocks with the brunette’s. Too bad for the older girl, she missed how the younger one bites her lips and her face flushed. This time, the blonde even opens the passenger’s door for Jessica.

At this point of time, the younger girl starts to feel thankful for all those times when the CFO is not ‘Ok’ with PDA because right now, her cheeks are on fire and oh… how much she doesn’t want to let the older girl sees her in this state; too embarrassing. But, she loves this new side of Taeyeon.

The ride to Seoul is only filled with random songs from the radio; the brunette is sleeping peacefully with Taeyeon’s jacket on her lap while the blonde’s mind travels to what she did in the restaurant. She purses her lips as she steps on the gas pedal deeper; even herself can’t believe that she was the one who initiated the PDA. No matter how subtle it was, she was still the one who initiated it. Her lips tug upwards and forms a small smile. When she glances at the sleeping girl, her smile turns wider.

She is happy.

+++

The CFO helps the young girl to bring her suitcase to her room and she plops tiredly on the bed, earning a smile from the young girl. Jessica walks to Taeyeon before she cups her face to capture her lips. The blonde’s arms wrap around her waist and her hand pats her a few times to break the kiss, making Jessica flushed in embarrassment.

“I need to go,” Taeyeon mutters, looking up at Jessica.

“Why?” the latter whines at her and plays with the CFO’s hair.

“I need to sleep, tomorrow’s working day,” the blonde tiredly sighs as she leans her head on the girl’s chest. “I’ll see you tomorrow?” she mumbles, eyes closing. She really feels tired after the two hours’ drive, probably because her body has been lacking of sleep for the entire week. She curses herself internally when she knows that she needs to check on the one document left once she has reached home.

“Ok,” Jessica caresses Taeyeon’s hair lovingly. “I’ll send you off,” she continues. Both of them exit the room only to be greeted by her housemates who is busy eating in the dining room. Taeyeon chitchats a bit with the other two girls before she excuses herself. Both of them walk to the basement in silent but the comfortable silent. “Take care,” she mutters as her hand rubs on the older girl’s arm gently. “Text me when you’ve reached,” she continues. Just before the blonde enters her car, this time she does something surprising; she tiptoes a bit to kiss her forehead and pecks her lips, making the other girl stunned at her action.

“Rest well,” Taeyeon puts her hand on the brunette’s chin, her thumb brushes against her lips as she fixes her gaze on her and gives one final peck on the lips for that day. She enters her car with a smile while the other girl is left with her heart pounding like crazy.

+++

Day turns to weeks and week turns to months. The CFO by now has been quite comfortable with her subtle PDA but still, she wouldn’t kiss the girl on the lips in daylight or when there’s too many people. And about making love, nope, they haven’t done it. It’s not that the brunette doesn’t want it, it’s just that, every time she moans, the other girl would definitely stop. However, Jessica feels more than pleased with her Taeyeon. The blonde will always try to make some time for her; sometimes they would have a quick lunch or dinner and late night dates. Before she realizes it, her graduation day has come.

Other students have their family members to come and congratulate them but all Jessica has is her two housemates and their parents. Her Taeyeon couldn’t come because she’s having a duty in Japan. As much as she wants the other girl to come, of course she couldn’t ask the girl to leave her responsibility for her. Is she sad? She is. But, she knows that it’s not the older girl’s fault; the blonde didn’t choose the date, the Japanese men did and the appointment was one month in advance, how can she beat that? All she needs to do now is wait for tomorrow to come, her Taeyeon will be here in Seoul.

The event has almost finished, the only thing’s left is to take pictures with your beloved families and friends. After this, Hyoyeon and Tiffany’s families has asked her to join them for dinner. They are about to walk away from the event venue when Tiffany spots how a familiar blonde her head left and right as if trying to find someone. She instantly tells Hyoyeon about it before she diverts Jessica’s attention to her. Hyoyeon walks to the older girl who happily greets her. Taeyeon strolls with a smile plastered on her face and a bouquet of yellow roses; a symbol of her admiration. She taps the brunette’s shoulder gently and once the young girl sees her Taeyeon in front of her, she automatically gives her a hug.

“You’re here,” Jessica mumbles, her head nuzzles on the crook of the girl’s neck.

“Surprise," Taeyeon mutters softly. "Sorry, I could’ve been here earlier but the weather in Japan was disastrous, the plane was not allowed to take off,” she caresses the other girl’s head lovingly who is now crying with her tears of joy. “Don’t cry, we need to take pictures, right?” she lets go of the girl and wipes her tears gently with her sleeves, careful not to smear the makeup.

Hyoyeon and Tiffany throws each other a glance at how the older girl treats her friend. Suddenly both of them feels like they should stop having one night stands and search for a real partner instead. Their families look at the pair happily, it is their first time to watch how Jessica seems so content. Just when the brunette is about to hand Hyoyeon her phone, Taeyeon beats her to it. “I’ll send you the pictures,” she mutters, making Jessica bites her lips. Usually the other girl doesn’t care about pictures so it makes her feel touched that the older girl treats her graduation day so special. When the CFO notices how Jessica bites her lips, she bites her own lip too. Her heart pounds like crazy, her stomach churns and she gulps the lump on . Slowly, her hand reaches out to hold the younger girl’s chin, making the brunette fixes her gaze on her. She gives Jessica a small smile before she leans in to capture her lips. She praises herself internally for wearing heels so that she is the same height as the brunette. Seeing at the rare scenery, Hyoyeon’s eyes widen in surprise and her finger automatically taps on the phone screen repeatedly to capture the moment. The pair earns encouraging cheers from Hyoyeon’s and Tiffany’s family members, making both of them flushed in embarrassment as they break the kiss. Jessica automatically hides her face on the crook of Taeyeon’s neck and the CFO only gives them a smile as her hand snakes to wrap the girl’s waist.

“You make me so happy, Taeyeon,” Jessica mumbles, only for the blonde to hear and a tighter hold on her waist is given as an answer. How can the brunette not be happy when the boss, who doesn’t like to be affectionate in public, does this kind of thing to her? The CFO really is putting an effort and she loves it.


A/N special thanks to naiiyo for the vote and y'all who commented and subscribed!!

Guess who is the 'Y'..

Anyway, Taeyeon's pretty sweet tho and cool ;)