Flashback - the end

High School Love On

"Sometimes when I look at you, I feel I'm gazing at a distant star. It's dazzling, but the light is from tens of thousands of years ago.Maybe the star doesn't even exist any more. Yet sometimes that light seems more real to me than anything."—Haruki Murakami 

Rose sigh and close the current book she's reading.  I miss him.... She look outside the window, She met Chanyeol on the very same spot last year and she never knew that he would have this kind of impact on her now.. She miss him so much, but she can't help it, Chanyeol is about to graduate this year and a bit busy with exams and school works, She seldom saw him. Though he would still call her at night and visit her once in a while, but once you get use to something and it abruptly stop, the feeling of emptiness is definitely inevitable. 

She saw Jisoo walking towards her. "yeongan pasta" as she sat down beside her.  Rose give her a smile. "what's up and hmmm Something is odd, why are you in the Library, i thought you said this is a boring place to stay ??? - Rose ."yah Pasta, I LOVE this place!" - Jisoo sarcastically answered then she laugh. "Actually I'm here because Jinyoung is here ahahahaha He asked me to accompany him but he saw his friend so i was left out and i know you're her so.. ." -  "wow your amazing Jichu.. You can do that for him, btw is he aware that uhmm you like him??-Rose
"yes, i confess to him when we're on our first year, He said he's happy to know it but at that time he was on a relationship" - Jisoo said
"your brave... I hope i can be as brave as you.. "- Rose mumbled but Jisoo slightly heard it. 
" You know what, chaeng, I never regreted what i did before, i mean the confession, my confession is not to beg him to like me back but It was mainly because i need to be true to myself and need to let it out, let that person know what i feel"- Jisoo softly said. But it was a big slap on Rose's face.. She realized it might be too late before she can tell everything to Chanyeol, He'll Graduate and leave her but she doesn't want this to end.. She needs to do something.. 
"Jisoo sorry i need to go and THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!! - Rose give Jisoo a tight hug before running outside. 
 Jisoo had this proud smile on her face as she silently watch Rose leave. "at last.... Chaeng Good luck" 

——————

Rose run towards Chanyeol's classroom.  But he's not there, Suho, one of Chanyeol's friend, noticed her. "hi Chaeyoung, woahh this is something new, you're looking for Chan?". "Yes" -Rose briefly answered. 
"he went outside, he might be in the parking lot"- Suho
"thank you"-Rose  bow and about to leave  ."Oh before you go please tell Jisoo she's very pretty "- Suho said and a  bit embarrassed on what he said, he laugh shyly. Detected,  Another Jisoo's fan boy.  " and Chaeyoung,.... Chan will definitely love it if you visit often"-  Suho said before he went inside the room. 

Rose arrived at the parking lot, due to his height, Rose spotted Chanyeol right away, she smiled but it was slowly fade when he saw him talking to a very pretty lady, most probably around his age as well, that girl is crying. "Irene.. Can you stop, people might get a wrong idea." - Chanyeol said devoid by any emotion on his voice. Rose can only see his back so she can't tell his facial expression. 
"Just tell me Chanyeol, your not seeing anyone right??? Your not gonna leave me right??? You.. Still love me right??? - as the girl sob uncontrollably. 
Rose just stand beside one of the cars, she cant seem to move and afraid of what she might hear.  Her heart pound like crazy.. And any time her tears might fall, she bit her lower lip, trying to hold it.. 

"Irene this conversation is really pointless. "- Chanyeol sigh and you'll hear irritation from his voice
" Why do i keep hearing name like Rose???  Who's that person Chan?? Why?? Tell me who's that girl?? My friends told me you're crazy about her! "- As the girl name Irene hysterically accused him. Good thing not many students on the area. 

"Irene I tol-" 
"No chan tell me something that i want to hear!!!! Tell me!! "- Irene said with a begging voice. 
"I'm not seeing Rose, I'm not in Love with her and  I don't like her... She's nothing.. "- Chanyeol said coldly.. 

ENOUGH!!! it hurts.. It hurts so much.. 
Rose can't stand it! she can no longer hear what he said next, she's afraid she'll completely lost it if she continue listening, As her tears fall rapidly, she run back to her classroom, picked all her things and went straight home.

She locked herself in her room and cried silently, how.. Why.... She can't comprehend anything anymore. She thought there's something special between her and Chanyeol, she thought she'll be happy giving her heart to someone and Now by those simple words everything shattered

"I'm not seeing Rose, I'm not in Love with her and  I don't like her, she's nothing,.. 

She heard Lisa, Jennie and Jisoo knocked on her door, she then realized it was already evening and maybe they got worried on her abruptly going home. 
" Rose are you okey?? "-Lisa said on the other side of the door. 
"its very unlikely that you cut classes rose, what's wrong?" -  Jennie
"Im not feeling well and i want to rest.. Sorry guys,"- Rose said. 
"alright take a rest then"- Jisoo 
—-------

After thinking it over and over again, Rose started blaming herself, true that Chanyeol never really ask her out, He never said he like her, what more love her,.. She's just so stupid to assume!  So technically it's one sided affection!  She's determined to move on. 

Chanyeol knew something changed.  Rose is giving him cold treatment. She looked so sad and he needs to know the truth.

Rose found Chanyeol waiting for her at her usual spot in the Library. "Chaeyoung..." -  It sounded like a confrontation.  She sat down beside him. And before he can speak again Rose cut him off. "Thank you Chanyeol for your time.. I really appreciate everything you did for me,. But i think you need to stop, let's stop... I'm not happy anymore..." Suppressing her voice to crack. Chanyeol stared at her "do you like me Chaeyoung?" -  Chanyeol asked her.  Rose closed her eyes and said "no"
Long silence..... 
"okey I'll stop.. "- Chanyeol stands up and look at her again.. 
Wait.. Is he tearing up?? Why?? Maybe I'm just delusional Rose thought..
He looked away and slowly turn his back."i hope you'll find your happiness Rose" - then he went out. Her tears falls down again. 
 
Again and again and again.. Still hurts.. Rose thought she's ready for this day but guess not..it really hurts to have her heart broken by Park Chanyeol 

They never see each other again after his Graduation.. Her friends know something was wrong, they can sometimes hear Rose cried at night. They didn't mention nor ask Rose about what really happened but they cheer her up, stayed on her side until she's back to her normal self. 

​​​​​