Superher(0)

One Shots Collection (or Rubbish)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Wanna hang out at my house after school?” She taps Dahyun on the shoulder. 


“Nope.”


It stings. Even though she knows it already. The little bit of expectations she had built up betrayed her. Maybe it was better with no expectation, than disappointment. Oh well, at least she tried, she thought.


“I promised Sana that I’ll teach her the piano today.” She beamed. She seemed so happy that it hurts. It hurts her to see her so happy with someone else that’s not her. 


“I’ll see you tomorrow, Chaeng.” 


And she vanishes.


Slowly caressing the white and dark keys, she was in the amidst her thoughts. Not after, she slams onto some keys that made an erratic and abrasive sound that reverberated through the room. 


She presses onto the keys hard, before slowly releasing her strength. She used to love the piano but now she doesn’t even want to go near it anymore. The piano was special. The medium that somehow connected her and Dahyun to each other, representing a special memory/place in her heart. It feels like all of it got robbed all of a sudden, and that special memory of her and Dahyun used to play duet pieces all the time doesn’t feel all that important anymore. The time they shared just feels like it isn’t there anymore.


Chaeyoung was baffled. How could she simply just “teach” piano to Sana? It hits her how maybe Dahyun doesn’t recognize how special the medium was to her than to Chaeyoung. It was honestly just so…disappointing, upsetting.


Her hands roamed the empty space beside her – she missed her. The times they had in this music room she’s currently in suddenly came flooding back into her mind. The goofy times they shared in here, how they practiced different pieces together, how Dahyun always lay her head onto her broad shoulder as she played and eventually fell asleep. Thinking back about the old times made her chuckle a little as she gives out a long sigh.

 

She certainly enjoyed the time she spent with her.

 


After all, there was no way for someone like her, a best friend could ever develop their relationship into something deeper. It’s always like this, isn’t it? The best friend always loses; that’s how  and drama go right? 


Pathetic.

 

She reckons and believe just by seeing Dahyun contented, she too, was happy and satisfied. But that all changes when she sees the both sharing small talks and giggles. She can’t help but feel innate jealously – she wished she could be the one right beside her.

 

“Chaeng.” Dahyun called.


“Chaeyoung?”


“Chaeyoung-ah?” She caressed Chaeyoung’s crown gently, rubbing the crown lightly with her thumb.


The sensation felt warm and soothing. She sees a familiar figure in front of her, using her fingers to delicately tidy the loose strands of hair that fell down while she was asleep. Her heart jumps from the contact; she was now awake. 


“Yes…What?” Chaeyoung rubbed her eyes.


“Aigoo…Look at the strawberry princess waking up~” She teases.


“W-what….” She blushed. 


"Nothing much. Just wanted to spend some time with you since we don't hang as much now." She scratches her head.


"..."


She's lying. Chaeyoung could clearly tell that. Something must have happnened.


"What?" She looks at Chaeyoung staring at her intently. "Why are you staring so intensly at me?" Her voice shook a little.


"Uh-huh. Take a seat, don't just stand there."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter