Birthday Project

One Shots Collection (or Rubbish)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Even if it was 5 second, no, 1 second.

Seeing her for just that mere 1 second everyday, was enough to make my adrenaline rush and made my heart palpitate wildly. I love every second of it and wished that I had the power to stop time for those precious moments. Unbelievable, for a single person to make me even have childish wishes like having super powers.

Sometimes I wake up, realised that it was already a bad day ever since my phone rang that terrible alarm that I always dreaded hearing. The day seemed...so dull, as if the whole world was painted black and white. A normal day at school, a normal routine, was what you called it. Disgustingly boring and ever so dreading. Time passed by ever so slowly until it was time to go home, which was the only thing I looked forward to.

Like a flash of lightning that appeared out of nowhere, she was there. Unexpectedly, she's standing right in front of my eyes. As if that moment on, the world became ever so colourful and bright, and her, was the only thing that lifted and made my whole day. I sure hope that there wouldn't be anymore heart-exploding moments like this, because every time she pops out from nowhere, my heart seems to want to burst out of my ribcage.

Calm down, my poor heart.

I try to remain calm and natural as I cursed and muttered Momo's name under my breath for bringing Sana along whenever I met up with her. Somehow, I became greedier and more expectant to see her instead of just hoping that she would appeared out of nowhere.

Our conversation was just plain, boring and normal but, it felt good hearing her voice, to be able to stand face-to-face and converse. Although while talking, it felt a little awkward. I guess it was only just me who felt the conversation was kinda stiff. Her simple jokes and his playful attitude only made me fell deeper for her as I laughed loudly.

“What do you like about her?” was a question people around me asked frequently. Hmmm… What exactly do I like about him? I guess, she’s sort of cute, her jokes are funny (or at least to me) and the list goes on. I could go on and on forever.

Do you need a reason to fall in love?

 

Jealousy is another huge problem. Seeing her talk to another girl makes my heart wrench and made me wished that I was the girl he was giving full attention to. Sometimes love makes you possessive but you know yourself clearly that she isn’t yours. You control your urges and suppress your emotions.

You want to claim her as yours but you don’t know if confession is a good idea. “You need to tell her your feelings before it’s too late.” was what people told me to do. Obviously, I don’t need them to tell me that… I know it all too clearly.

But what about rejection? Why do people think that it’s so easy to confess? You think it’s that easy? What if she rejects you? The friendship that you’ve worked so hard to keep it that way is all too easily broken like that. These questions run through your mind and the consequences keep you at bay.

“Think about the bright side Tzuyu, what if she also likes you?” they added. Of course, that would be great and all but what are the chances? I would like the idea of being with her. But if only, everything was that smooth. I don’t mean to be pessimistic but really, what are the chances?  

Well firstly, I’m very shy and I don’t get many chances to talk to Sana before. That alone, already made us awkward as friends. And on the occasions that we

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter