Déjà Vu

One Shots Collection (or Rubbish)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You promised not to leave me.

So why are you...

...

The time is currently 2.13 am.

I rushed to the hospital as soon as I heard the bloody news from her brother.

Please let there be nothing serious.

I'm so sorry for breaking my promise.

Please.

Please...

I prayed with all of my heart as I drove to the hospital.

I pushed opened the door forcefully to reveal her family and the doctor standing around the bed. Dahyun unnie's family stood there with sad expressions planted on their faces. Neither of them said a single word and stood there, frozen.

It can't be.

I picked up the report on the table and read it.

Cause of death: Speeding, internal injuries were too fatal.

Death. As soon as I saw that word, all sorts of emotions surged into me, rendering me weak.

I stared at her lifeless body in disbelief. Tears started flowing uncontrollably and my cries only filled the room's silence. It was as if every teardrop I shed were mourning for her. I couldn't stop crying like a little baby. My legs gave up on me as I sank to the floor, my mind wanted to refuse the fact that she was already long gone. I loved her, and now she was gone.

The promises that she made.

The memories that we shared.

All of them came back like it was pieces part of a puzzle.

....

....

....

I sat outside the ward, still trying to accept the fact the Dahyun unnie was dead. She was a important person to me. Someone that I loved with all of my heart. And now that someone was dead. I'm partly at fault for everything that happened. I hit myself on my forehead with all the strength I could muster. It hurts, but it wasn't as painful as her death.

Dahyun unnie...

...

My thoughts became childish. Remember when you were young and you wanted the power to turn back time? Yea, my head was full of that childish idea. I wanted to turn back time to not commit the same mistakes ever again. But it wasn't real, there was no such thing as the power to turn back time. But I still wanted to hold on the last hopes I had.

...

I intertwined my fingers tightly and started praying to whoever could hear my prayers.

God.

Someone.

Anyone.

Please give me a last chance to redo everything.

Anything. I will do anything.

So please...

Nothing happened.

Was it all just useless and childish thoughts?

Tears started rolling down my cheeks out of sheer desperation. I didn't have anything left.

....

All of a sudden, my body felt light and bright lights consumed me. I couldn't open my eyes to see anything.

...

...

...

That was the last thing I remembered.

That was an unearthly experience. I woke up to a bright ray of light shining through the window. It all felt like a really terrible nightmare. Or was it not? The horrible image of Dahyun unnie's lifeless corpse was still etched in my mind. I couldn't dismissed it as just a nightmare. I remembered the part where I prayed really hard for me to go back and do everything right again.

I immediately sprung up and went over to my phone. The screen flickered on and I went to check today's date and time.

Tuesday, 7/4/2017, 8.45 am.

!

Wait, what?!

I dropped my phone in a state of disbelief. I did really went back in time. The date which Dahyun unnie "died" was Wednesday, 8/4/2017, 1.36 am. I remembered the date clearly from the report I read. Today was the day before Dahyun unnie's death. It meant I successfully went back into time. The question was, but why?

Nevertheless I was thankful for whoever, whichever granted my the power to turn back time. This situation seemed so ridiculous that it was almost as if it was part of a Korean drama. The situation also meant that I could redo everything again, this time without any mistakes. I could save Dahyun unnie.

I tried to remember what happened before the unfortunate event. Me and Dahyun unnie were going out with each other. We loved each other. There was Mina unnie, constantly trying to talk to me. She was talking to me on that day.

Dahyun unnie had a car which she always likes to go for a drive when she wants to destress or had something on her mind. What was it that was on her mind?

Mina unnie?

Couldn't possibly be. Was she jealous of Mina unnie?

I suddenly had a flashback of the conversation we had on that day.

...

[Flashback]

"Hey, Chaeng, can we talk about something?" Dahyun unnie pulled me out of the classroom before the class started.

"Hmmm? What's the matter unnie?" I asked.

"It's about Mina." She said bluntly.

"What about Mina unnie?" I asked back.

"She's been talking to you often right? How do I put this. She seems really interested in you judging from the way she talks." She said, frowning.

"What are you talkiing about unnie? We are just friends. Don't worry." I said and her hair.

"Just be careful around her. Something about her doesn't makes me feel good. So y'know, try to talk less to her." She scratched her head.

"Arrasseo unnie. Class is starting soon. I have to go now~" I waved to her and went back in the class.

[End of flashback]

...

Now that I think of it, she had a worried expression on her face before I went back into the class. Was she perhaps, felt threatened by Mina's presence? I didn't took her words seriously then. Mina unnie came over to my class during breaktime and after school to talk to me and went back home together. I forgotten my promise with Dahyun unnie, saying that after school we would hangout at the cafe. By the time I remembered the promise, it was already late at night and I called her up to apologise. After that, followed by the unfortunate event. 

The one event that changed my life forever.

Damn it, what's wrong with me.

How could I just dismissed the promise so easily?

Was the relationship that not important to me?

God damn it.

I slapped myself hard. I needed to change the way I handle the events today. I need to remember my promise with Dahyun unnie. Whatever happens today, its up to me to change Dahyun unnie's fate.

...

I reached school as per the usual timing and headed to my class. The constant image and memory of Dahyun's unnie's death gave me an uneasy feeling. I was waiting for Dahyun unnie to come to my class to talk to me.

...

There she was. I was somehow really relieved to see Dahyun unnie appearing and walking unlike how she lied on the bed, motionless. I had to act like I didn't knew she was coming to find me. Everything felt so familiar.

She pulled me out of class.

"Hey, Chaeng, can we talk about something?" She asked the same exact question.

"Hmmm? What's the matter unnie?" I couldn't hide my smile and happiness when she started talking.

"Its about Mina." She frowned.

"What about Mina unnie?" I asked back the same exact question.

"She's been talking to you often right? How do I put this. She seems really interested in you judging from the way she talks." She said word for word.

I need to reassure her better. I need to make her feel better. It was time to change the past.

"Don't worry unnie~ You're the best person for me~" I reassured her with ageyo.

"Just be careful around her. Something about her doesn't makes me feel good. So y'know, try to talk less to her." She smiled and my head to which I smiled sweetly.

This time her frown was lifted from her face and she had a big smile planted on her face. She must have been really worried about Mina snatching me away from her.

"Arrasseo unnie~ I'll see you later~ Class is starting soon!" I waved back to her to which she ruffled my hair.

Asa.

I have succeeded in the first step. The problem now was Mina unnie. I have to shake her off my tail. Another problem was that I couldn't be 100% sure that the unfortunate event that happened would happen again. The feeling of uneasiness still lingered in my heart. I need to ensure the same thing wouldn't happen again. I couldn't be satisfied as long as I see her the next day, walking and breathing.

...

Class went on as per usual until breaktime. Mina time.

I stared at my watch intensely. The time was 12.30 pm. Any time now if I remembered it correctly.

Bingo.

Now I just have to reject refuse her lunch offer. I need to make sure Dahyun unnie wasn't around to look at the current situation in case she might do something foolish. I could use the time to check up on Dahyun unnie

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter