Chapter 6

The Monster In My Head
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Namjoon! Where is she?" - Suga questioned, violently shaking rap monster from his deep sleep.

"Hmmmm......5 more minutes." - Namjoon mumbled in his sleep, shifting himself away from Suga and pulling the blanket over his head.

"Yah! Your classmate, she disappeared! " - Suga whispered in an annoyed tone, afraid he might wake up the manager.

"Huh?" 

"Jin Ae, you idiot! She is missing." - as soon as the words got registered into Namjoon's head, he got up in an instant.

With swollen puffy eyes, he looked towards the couch only to find it empty, the blanket fallen down on the floor.

"Jin Ae! Where did she go!" - Namjoon questioned back, scanning the room once again for any traces of the missing girl.

"That's what I'm asking you! You fool!" - Suga shot back - "Do you have her number? Call her and ask her where she is !"

"I just met her yesterday, why in the world would I have her number hyung?!" - Namjoon retorted.

"Because you seemed very close to her yesterday, as if you knew her since a long time!" - Suga argued.

 

Namjoon took a deep breath to calm himself down.

"I'll go speak to her as soon as reach college. But hyung you need to relax, everything will be fine. I'm sure she might have been flustered waking up in someone else's house and then rushed off home." - Namjoon explained but at the back of his head he couldn't shake off the feeling that Yoongi, who never ever cared about anything or anyone was fussing so much over his classmate whom he hardly knew. Either something was up with his hyung or maybe he was just over thinking. The latter option seemed more apt, he was so used to despond on things so maybe this was his mind playing games with him.

"She can do whatever she wants. I don't care. But tell her not roam those streets so late at night." - Suga went back to sleep after giving Namjoon a half hearted reply.

"It's ing 5.30 AM, where did she run off?" - Namjoon mumbled to himself.

 

 

Reaching back home, Jin Ae sighed in defeat when she couldn't find the spare keys to her house which used to be hidden under the flowerpot. There was only one way to get the keys now - ask Haru. 

The only thing Jin Ae was most afraid in world apart from few ghosts was Haru. Haru could turn into a devil when she was angry and Jin Ae knew today was going to one of those few days.

Jin Ae rung the doorbell twice and silently prayed for her life at 6.00 AM in the morning.

After few seconds the door flung open, revealing Haru who was tightly clutching her night robe due to the chilly weather outside, her eyes had dark circles under them, clearly stating that she hadn't had a good night's sleep unlike Jin Ae who for the first time in a while slept like a princess without being summoned anywhere.

 

"Where in the ing world were you!?" - Haru yelled, pulling Jin Ae inside her house and shutting the door.

Jin Ae didn't know what she was supposed to answer because the truth was that even she didn't know were in the world she had been all night, so she just sheepishly smiled back.

"What happened to your face!? Who did this to you!" - Haru questioned, her hand gripping onto Jin Ae's chin and turning her head left to right, checking for anymore damage.

"What the hell is wrong with you! Do you know how many times I called you! For god's sake please try picking up your phone when I call you!" - Haru continued nagging while Jin Ae freed herself from Haru's grip and made herself comfortable in the house.

"I'm asking you something Song Jin Ae!"

"Ahhh it's nothing, just some stupid high schoolers bullying a kid." - Jin Ae replied, plopping down on the couch.

"Why do you get involved in matters that don't concern you!?" - Haru asked, her brows furrowed in distress but her voice a lot calmer than before as she now knew the reason.

"Do you know how worried I was? What if that evil mother of yours kidnapped you? What if you got into an accident! What if some ghost was troubling you!"

"Unnie~ Nothing is going to happen to me so chill out." - Jin Ae chirped.

"Yeah right" - Haru taunted - "By the way where were you? and where is your cell phone?"

"Oh my cell phone!" - Jin Ae exclaimed searching all her pockets and bag for the cell phone.

"I think I lost it!" - Jin Ae whined while Haru just sighed.

"You might have left it somewhere, search for it later on." - Haru commented walking towards Jin Ae and handing her an ice pack - " Put it on your bruise, it will help with the pain."

"Thank you Unnie!" - Jin Ae  smiled.

"Aigooo what do I do with this kid!" - Haru said, ruffling Jin Ae's hair - " But how come you seem so energetic today?"

"Huh?"

"Your face is glowing. Had a good night sleep after disturbing my precious sleep?" - Haru teased, taking a seat beside her on the couch.

"I don't know, maybe after getting punched so badly the gods decided to give me a day off. I seriously had such a great sleep after so many days! The funny part is that I don't even remember where I stayed last night" - Jin Ae giggled while explaining the events of last night to Haru.

"Wow you must so proud of your self to not even know where you were last night! Good job!" - Haru sneered, hitting Jin Ae's knee making the giggle turn into laughter.

 

"I think I need to get ready, or else I might be late to class again" - Jin Ae said getting up from the couch and making her towards the exit.

"Do you seriously think I'll let you go to college with that face? Plus you told that god gave you a day off today, so rest!"- Haru reasoned with Jin Ae stopping her from leaving the house.

"Waw~ this is the first time I heard those words leave your mouth. I must be dreaming right?"

"Sadly no, you aren't dreaming." 

The duo silently made their way upstairs to Jin Ae's rooftop house. Haru was hesitantly walking behind Jin Ae.

"Ummmm your house..." - Haru mumbled while Jin Ae opened the door.

"Your mother, I couldn't stop her." - Haru explained as Jin Ae tip toed her way around the house. All are things were fallen down on the floor, scrambled everywhere. The house was a mess.

"Waaww! It's as if a ing earthquake shattered all the things in my house. Guess we need to give her a new nick name." - Jin Ae chuckled while picking up the things from the floor.

"I'm sorry." - Haru apologized, helping Jin Ae by picking up the things.

"It's not your fault Unnie. You don't have to apologize. I should be the one to apologize you about all the fuss you go through because of this mom and daughter drama." - Jin Ae replied with an apologetic smile.

"Nah, some drama is better than no drama at all in our boring lives." - Haru winked.

 

 

Namjoon for the first time in his life reached college half an hour early, all thanks to Jin Ae who had occupied his mind since sunrise.

H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter