Chapter 27

The Monster In My Head
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The abrupt opening and closing of the door jumpscares Jin Ae.

"You scared me." - Jin Ae exclaimed once she saw Namjoon walk in.

"Who do you love?" - he questioned as soon as he stepped into the cafe with a dark tone, his expression unreadable. There were no greetings exchanged and no friendly glances exchanged either.

 

"Huh?" - Jin Ae questioned back unsure whether she heard him correctly.

"You heard me, Who do you love? Me or Yoongi hyung?" - Namjoon enunciated each word through his gritted teeth. Making sure she heard everything clearly this time.

 

Jin Ae let out a chuckle of disbelief - "What?" - she asked, her tone mocking but her face carrying a disgusted expression. The question had really thrown her off.

"You really think there is something going on between me and Yoongi." - Jin Ae accused Namjoon, her heart breaking a little at the realization that Namjoon thought so low of her.

"Do you really think I'm so cheap? That I would go out with someone else knowing that you are out there waiting for my answer?" - Jin Ae spat, slowly losing her temper. The past 10 minutes had  been the hardest time of her life, her brain continuously screaming at her to not spill out her little secret but her heart not letting her deceive the person she thought she loves and now here she stood listening to the man she loves say that he doubts her. A feeling of betrayal mixed with sadness started spewing inside her.

"Oh well I don't know, maybe I wouldn't have given it a thought if I hadn't seen you guys together every ing day." - Namjoon retorted, feeling angry at Jin Ae's outburst. He was the one who was supposed to be fuming with anger, not Jin Ae, he was the one who felt betrayed not her - he thought.

"You have really lost it haven't you?" - Jin Ae again chuckled out of disbelief - " You of all people should know how hard it is for Min Yoongi to open up to people, how hard it is for him to share his troubles and now that he finally has someone to share some of his pent up frustrations you think that there is something going on between us. I'm just begin there for him like he is for me, Namjoon!" But you won't understand it, would you?"

"Make me understand!" - Namjoon yelled out of frustration, taking a step closer to Jin Ae clenching his fists, it took all his mite to not grab onto Jin Ae - " I'm always trying to be there for you, I'm trying my hardest but all you do is push me away! All you do is go to Hyung! Don't you think I'm worthy of your concerns!? You had asked me for some time, I didn't give you that time to get close to Hyung!"

"It's not like that" - Jin Ae whispered feeling a bit guilty because Namjoon was right, each time she had a trouble it was Min Yoongi she went to not Namjoon because she thought going to Namjoon would mean exposing her true self, which in turn meant losing him which she wasn't ready to do so. People really become greedy in love.

 

"This is how you push me every time, every time I try coming close to you, you shut me off. Did you ever think how difficult it is for me to see you everyday with hyung? Did you ever think about my feelings for you? Did you ever think I deserve an answer ? You keeping making me feel guilty for been true to my feelings. Just say 'No' and end this" - Namjoon replied, backing away from Jin Ae. Preparing his heart to be broken. Because truthfully seeing Jin Ae struggling to explain herself was more heartbreaking. He didn't want to break her for an answer he wanted to listen.

 

"Namjoon" - Jin Ae sighed, this wasn't how she wanted to tell him about herself but nothing could be helped now. Things had turned out bad and it couldn't get any worse.

"I need to tell you something... the thing is... I... I haven't been true to you.." - Namjoon furred his eyebrows, his brain running wild scenarios  in his head thinking what could be more worse than getting his heart broken. For one second the thought of Jin Ae and Yoongi going on did cross his mind. Sometimes jealously can be a stronger emotion than love.

"There is something you need to know about me.... the thing is... I know it's going to sound absurd but please believe me... I....I'm a psychic... well more like a person who grants a soul's last wish before sending it away."

The room grew silent and the lack of light in the cafe hiding Namjoon's expressions gave Jin Ae the confidence to keep on going, she explained him her whole story - how it started, how it works , everything. Make sure that there isn't a single detail missed because she was done hiding stuff from Namjoon. There was just a one last thing left to say, her true feelings for him. The confession she held dearly to her heart all this time, it was time to let it all out. It was time he came to know he was loved deeply. Little did she know that things could turn more worse than they already were.

"Namjoon, I know it's too much but I just want to tell you that I - "

Jin Ae was abruptly cut off mid sentence by Namjoon's laughter. The words which were about to slip out of were swallowed with a huge glup. Her lips now turned into a straight line.

"Is that all you could come up with to reject me? Like a simple 'no' would do too, you know?" - Namjoon spoke through his laughter and Jin Ae suddenly felt like she was been chocked to death by the sound of his laugh. She felt sick in her stomach. She felt like someone just drilled holes through her heart.

She didn't kno

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter