Chapter 28

The Monster In My Head
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After what seemed like several hours pass by Jin Ae managed to stop her cries. With her eyes red and swollen and cheeks covered with dry tears, Jin Ae stepped out of the cafe, thankful that it was 3 AM at night and that there would be no one to witness her pathetic state. She locked the cafe and turned to walk her way back home when she was greeted by a person wearing all black, standing right behind her with a smile on his face.

 

"Jeo Seung?" - Jin Ae murmured, her voice filled with annoyance as the memories of Jeo Seung from the night Yoongi disappeared started flooding in.

"What have you done to this pretty face of yours?" - Jeo Seung said with a sad smile, his hands cupping Jin Ae's face and his thumbs trailing the path of dried tears.

Jin Ae swatted his hand off from her face, taking a step back.

"Stay away Jeo Seung!" - Jin Ae warned.

"Why should I?" - Jeo Seung calmly asked, the sad smile on his face now replaced with a grin.

"You owe me answers. Where were you all these days? " - Jin Ae retorted, her hands crossed over her chest, her eyes still moist.

"I went to meet an old friend of mine. Had some unsettled business to finish." - Jeo Seung replied, shrugging his shoulders like he couldn't care less about the answer.

"Always." - Jin Ae mumbled under her breath, hardly audible to her own ears.

"Say it" - Jeo Seung prompted, patiently waiting for Jin Ae to continue because there was nothing that went unheard when it came to Jeo Seung.

"You are always like this!" - Jin Ae yelled, the tears now spilling down her face - "Always hiding things from me, always making me doubt you but magically always there to find me in the most pathetic states of my life! I hate you!" - Jin Ae cursed, her tears never stopping, the strength she had gathered to walk back home slowly diminishing. She was frustrated with everything and everyone today.

"But you still trust me the most... Even after all the seeds of doubt planted in you by others, you still trust me the most. No matter how hard you try to deny it, you know that at the end of the day, after all the drama has ended, it will always be me coming to make sure you are alright." - Jeo Seung voiced out in such calm manner that it made the ache in Jin Ae's heart go numb. Jeo Seung then cautiously pulled Jin Ae into his comforting embrace. 

"I'm sorry" - he whispered the words into her ear "for never being there when you actually need me." - that line was enough for Jin Ae to breakdown in his arms, clutching onto his shirt like her life depended on it. Right now, she needed closure and Jeo Seung was the only one who could ever give it to her. 

 

"Sorry, because I never will be there when you need me

Our paths can't cross each other

You and me can't live under the same light"

 

"You know what, I never liked them both from the moment I saw them" - Jeo Seung stated with a teasing tone as he walked Jin Ae back home.

"Whom?" - Jin Ae questioned, her voice horse from all the crying, mind blank.

"Namjoon and Yoongi" - Jeo Seung answered, rolling his eyes and giving an over dramatic expression making sure Jin Ae caught the glimpse of it.

Jin Ae looked at him for a long second after which a small smile etched onto her face. Making even Jeo Seung smile.

"Your life was so peaceful before you met them." - Jeo Seung said, hands folding behind his head, eyes locked onto the stars covering the dark sky.

"I wasn't living a life before I met them." - Jin Ae replied her gaze matching Jeo Seung's.

"You better than anyone know how miserably I lived for past few years before meeting them. The only person I knew was you and we were basically treated like ghosts. No one wanted to even look our way."

"That's not true." - Jeo Seung cut in - " I had a lot~ of girls text me. I'm still famous for my godly looks." - Jeo Seung winked, a smug grin on his face.

Jin Ae could only chuckle at the reply because it was true. She never understood why Jeo Seung stuck by her side when he could have been roaming with the so called wannabes of the uni.

"Why did you stick with me then?" - Jin Ae questioned still chuckli

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter