Chapter 4

The Monster In My Head
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was 5 in the evening when Jin Ae's classes ended. Thankfully she and Namjoon had only 3 classes together so the whole afternoon was spent in peace with no Namjoon scene's at all.

Walking to the bus stop, Jin Ae couldn't help but smile at the sky which looked beautiful with the white and light orange clouds hovering above forming different patterns.

"Don't you think you have better things to do than watch the sky, for example - ummm help a high schooler talk to his brother?" - Jun jeered.

Jin Ae shut her eyes in annoyance and replied through gritted teeth - " You don't have to remind me that from time to time. Meet me at 10 PM. I'll head to your house that time."

"I'll not let you rest in peace if you don't make it. Do you get that?" - Jun whispered the threat in her ears and disappeared.

Jin Ae flung her hand to hit Jun, but he was gone and sadly she hit the passerby next to her.

"Yah! Are you crazy!? Whom do you think are you hitting!?" - the passerby yelled.

"I'm sorry.... I'm really sorry... a bug was pestering me so I was just shooing it off... sorry." - Jin Ae bowed several times to passerby who commented some spiteful things before walking away.

 

"Ahhh sincha! Ever since I met these guys, things only seem to get worse. I can't understand whether it's that stupid BTS or bangtan guy or that stupid high schooler who brings me bad luck!" - Jin Ae mumbled to herself before climbing onto the bus.

 

"Yah Jin Ae-ah where are you?" - Haru asked sounding urgent. 

"Wow I called you several times today! Whom were you so busy talking to that you remembered to call me now?" - Jin Ae huffed in annoyance.

"Yah! That's not important at the moment! Tell me where are you right now!"

"How is that not important ! Do you know I got into a huge trouble today!" - Jin Ae exclaimed feelings ridiculous that Haru wasn't interested to know her explanation. Little did she know that there was a huge trouble waiting for her back at home.

" Tell me fast where are you at the moment?!" - Haru yelled in desperation.

"Getting down from the bus, almost reaching home." - Jin Ae replied sensing something off.

"STOP! Don't get down!! Your mother is here at home!" 

"What!?" - Jin Ae clamored quickly climbing the bus again.

"She suddenly appeared from no where demanding that she wanted to meet you. I told you weren't home so she just barged into your house. She is going through your stuff right now." - Haru explained.

"Aish that women! I can't believe how far she is going to take these things."

"Don't worry about it. It's better you go to your part time job now. In the mean time I'll try to handle the situation here."

 

Jin Ae walked through the buzzing street to her new part time job which was at a cafe around 15 minutes away from her home. It had hardly been 3 days since she started working there, this was all thanks to her mother who had showed up at her previous job causing a huge scene over there resulting in Jin Ae getting fired.

Jin Ae had a complicated family history. Never in her life had she spent a single happy moment with her mother because she hardly met her. Her mother never stayed at one place for more than a couple of years. Her mother had the so called 'looks' but the one thing missing in her life was money, that is why she married people who were rich. She would stick by their side for the money and when she had the money transferred into her account, she would show her true colors by going after another man.

And that is what happened to Jin Ae. Her mother left her when she was 8 years old. She took everything from her dad and went her way to marry someone else. Jin Ae's dad already knew that his wife used to cheat on him but he choose to ignore it. All he wanted was a happy family. But ignorance never brings anyone happiness. She finally decided to break ties with him and their daughter and later decided to marry Mr Bang who is now her current husband.

On one hand, starting his company from ashes wasn't anything easy. After years of  blood,sweat and tears, Jin Ae's dad brought back the company into market again. But on the other hand being a single dad wasn't easy. Nevertheless he loved every moment of it. He loved his little girl more than anything in the world. She was everything to him and maybe that is why even during his last breath all he remembered was his daughter.

Jin Ae's father was driving back home with his daughter's favorite ice cream - buttersotch for passing her bar exams with flying colors. Little did he know that he would never get to see her again.

Speeding through the empty lane, Jin Ae's father applied sudden breaks when a child suddenly appeared in front of the car.The lorry coming up behind him failed to notice this and rammed straight into the car. The kid's life was saved but her father lost his life on spot.

 

The love of a dad who wanted to meet his daughter and say her goodbye one last time moved the deities, for the first time in thousand years did they witness such a strong bond of love and decided to fulfill the man's prayers and let his spirit meet his daughter one last time.

Jin Ae fell as sleep on the couch waiting for her dad. She couldn't remember the details properly but when she remembered seeing her father. A sight she wanted to forget. Her father stood in front on her with half of his body crushed, a part of his hand missing and blood dripping from every possible way.

"A...appa?" -Jin Ae whimpered taking a step back at the sight. Her hand covering in shock.

"Appa... you... how...?" - Jin Ae was finding it hard to form sentences. Her brain and body both had gone numb.

"Jin Ae ah, you know appa loves you, right? You know you are the best thing that has happened to me, right? No matter what happens, will you promise to do your best in everything? Will you promise to never give up on life no matter how hard things get? Promise me that you will help every single person in need.

Do you know why I named you Jin Ae? It's because it means - treasure and love. 

You were my most precious treasure. A treasure I wanted to protect forever but looks like my time is up. It's your turn to rise up strong and bold to protect yourself from any harm in your way. I will always be watching over you.

I love you, my child. Be healthy and take care of yourself." - her father replied and took a step forward to caress his daughter's face one last time before leaving the world forever.

 

Jin Ae got up from the worst nightmare she ever had in her life. She tried to calm her self down and quickly d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter