Chapter 26

The Monster In My Head
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Sometimes you don't need to know someone's backstory to understand their pain.

It's a Universal Language,

Just like love.

 

Unspoken but not unseen"

 

 

 

A few weeks had passed since the heart wrenching incident by the beach. In those weeks Jin Ae slowly learnt about Yoongi's breakdown. It wasn't the first time Yoongi had a break down, but it was the first one in a while. The members and managers were also well aware of Yoongi's breakdowns and that's the reason Yoongi easily crept his way out from the members badger. 

Hoseok was the one who unfolded Yoongi's history of breakdowns to Jin Ae. He knew Yoongi would murder him the moment he would come to know about this but he felt Jin Ae was worth the risk, because she was the very reason why Yoongi, the person who was lazy to even breath used to walk all the way to the cafe every night to grab a cup of coffee and maybe, just maybe she was the reason he loved coffee so much.

Hoseok one day had visited Jin Ae in her cafe, wanting to thank her properly for helping him find Yoongi. Hoseok then explained a possible reason for Yoongi's break down the other.

 

"Yeah, the thing is..." - Hoseok hesitated.

"Yoongi hyung, even though seems like a stubborn, high on attitude kinda , he is actually one of the most selfless person I have ever met in my life. A person willing to give up on his happiness for someone else. He can give you his world if you make a way into his heart. A person who just acts like he doesn't care but is a total baby on the inside--"

"A lazy baby" - Hoseok rolled his eyes, maybe remembering some annoying memory of Yoongi.

 

Jin Ae chuckled listening to the accurate analysis of her friend.

 

"So, 3 years back just before Yoongi hyung moved into the dorms he lost his best friend."

The smile on Jin Ae's face instantly disappeared.

 

"His friend committed suicide by drowning himself in the sea. You see Yoongi hyung and his best friend were the epitome for friendship. They defined the meaning for true friendship. Always together... no.... always there for each other. Hyung's friend was an orphan, worked several part times to just survive with one meal everyday and pay half the rent for his so called 'home'. Yoongi hyung used to pay the other half. They were roommates. Yoongi hyung moved out of his house during his mid teen years. He said he couldn't deal with his parents because they wanted him to become something he didn't want to. Moving forward in time, maybe after a year of staying with his friend, hyung realized there was something his friend didn't want him to know about. Hyung always asked him if there was something that was troubling him but his friend always brushed it off saying he was just stressed out trying to make a living. There were times when his friend returned home with cuts and bruises covering his whole body. Even then he would come up with some lame excuse telling hyung that some drunk man was throwing a fit in the local restaurant he worked in. Hyung had enough of watching his friend suffer so he followed him one day and was shocked to his friend fallen down on the floor like a dead body getting kicked to death.

Loan sharks.

It seems that his friend's parent had a huge debt to be paid before they passed away in a freak accident.

Yoongi hyung and his friend cried the whole night that day, cursing the damn world and their fate.

His friend then promised Yoongi hyung that he wouldn't hide anything again and would work his off to pay back the people he owed to but little did he know that Yoongi hyung had also pledged himself to work his off and help his friend out.

So Yoongi hyung started producing music and writing songs, at that time he didn't make music because he liked it he made it because it was the sole way to survive. The only thing that could earn him some money.

But they had a damned fate, he was scammed a lot, water poured all over his hard work. But he kept working, pitching in anywhere and everywhere which would get him some money until he finally earned enough to pay half of his friend's depth.

For the past few months the two of them didn't get to talk much as they would be working so hard to earn money that by the time they got home they would be dead tried.

Yoongi hyung never told his friend about his extra jobs to earn money because he wanted to surprise him.

So Yoongi hyung holds the envelop filled with the money he earned for his best friend. He walks back home only to find a note kept on the table which was the only furniture present in the house.

A suicide note. His friend had reached his limit, he didn't want hyung to suffer with him. He thought hyung was better without him.

By the time Yoongi hyung finished the last sentence he got the call.

His friends body was found by fisher men floating in the sea.

There was no funeral held, they only had each other so there was no pointing in holding a funeral.

Yoongi hyung got recruited here a week after that incident.

He was cold to everyone. Scared of loving anyone, because it only brought pain and he had suffered deeply that it scarred him for life. But scars heal, even though they leave their imprint as a reminder about the struggles, they heal. It took a while for hyung to learn to have faith in things again, to love again even if it wasn't like the last time, it was better than nothing. He slowly opened up to us and the more we got to know about his story the more our love for him grew."

 

Jin Ae was left speechless by the time Hoseok completed talking. There was so much she didn't know about Yoongi but with everything new she learned about Yoongi, the way she thought about him completely changed.

 

Hoseok clearing his throat bought Jin Ae's attention back.

"So Yoongi Hyung usually has breakdown while thinking about losing something important in his lif

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter