Knowing Them

Living With 7 Romeos

"What are you doing here?", Mav asked him, surprised to see him at this time of hour.

"Actually, I was on my way home when I dropped by to take some fresh air here... So this is where you study?", SungGyu asked.

"Uh, yeah. Actually we're having a party... you know... for the exchange students", Mav explained, her mind still wandering about the coincidence.

"Then why are you outside?", SungGyu asked, worried.

"I'm just a little tired, that's all. I'm not used to parties. I'm thinking about going home...", Mav said, her eyes focused on the moon.

"...or maybe we could just stay here for a while", SungGyu suggested, causing Mav to look at him with curiosity.

"But someone might recognize you...", Mav told him with concern when SungGyu held out a face mask in front of her.

"I'm prepared", SungGyu teased, earning a laugh of awe from Mav.

For an hour, the two of them just sat at the bench, neither of them talking. Mav was still staring at the night sky, her face showing a look of admiration. SungGyu, on the other hand, stared at her, fascinated by how the moon and the stars can cause her to smile. After resting and stargazing, Mav decided to call DongWoo so that he could fetch them both, much to SungGyu's surprise.

"We could just walk, you know", SungGyu insisted.

"But DongWoo - ssi said that I can call him if I want to go home. He'll fetch me... besides, it's a bit cold. I wouldn't mind having a ride", Mav retorts, while rubbing her shoulders with her hands to warm up.

With one quick move, SungGyu removed his jacket and draped it at Mav's shoulders.

"Oppa, you don't have to--", Mav said when SungGyu ruffled her hair.

"It's okay. I feel warm, anyway", SungGyu assured her, earning him an "Is it okay" look from Mav.

They walked towards the university gate, waiting for DongWoo. It only took 10 minutes for him to arrive. After stepping out of the car, DongWoo was surprised to see SungGyu with Mav.

"Hyung, I thought you're with JungYeop - ssajangnim?", DongWoo asked in confusion.

"I was. We met for the schedule of our comeback. Our meeting was short, to be honest", SungGyu explained while getting inside the car.

When the three of them were ready to leave, SungGyu gave Mav a weak smile, in which Mav smiled back. DongWoo noticed the exchange of smiles between the two and shook his head while chuckling.

Ah, this hyung, he thought.

The ride was short but Mav fell asleep during the trip. When they finally arrived at the apartment, DongWoo and SungGyu noticed Mav sleeping and decided to carry her to the apartment. DongWoo carefully lifted her while SungGyu looked out for possible obstacles that they might bump into. As they reached the apartment, DongWoo went to straight to Mav's room and laid he to her bed, pulling the covers up to her shoulders to keep her warm.

 

Mav woke up at around 8 in the morning. She frantically stood up and went straight towards the door, worried about the laundry that she has to wash until noon. As she made her way through the laundry room, she bumped across a tall figure.

"Easy there. Why in a rush?", SungYeol caught her while trying to rub her temple to check for a possible bruise.

"Oww... I'm sorry", Mav apologized, when she noticed that SungYeol was on his way to leave the apartment.

"SungYeol - ssi, where are you going?", Mav asked. It was unusual for the members wake up early on a weekend, except when they have urgent meetings with their boss. She noticed that due to their hectic schedules, they tend to sleep in whenever they have free time.

"Uh, we have a special shooting today for the drama. WooHyun - ie already left... didn't even wait for me", SungYeol pouted, causing Mav to chuckle.

"Sorry to keep you, then. Bye, SungYeol - ssi! Please bring home some ice cream!", she told him as she pushed him at the front door.

"Okay, okay. Stop pushing me", SungYeol said as he held her hand and gave her a cheeky smile.

 

Upon SungYeol's departure from the apartment, Mav immediately went to the laundry area to wash their clothes. It was one thing to wash her own clothes but washing the members' clothes seem a bit odd for her. She's not exactly uncomfortable with the idea but she did had a hard time when she washed their clothes last Wednesday since they tend to be a bit big and heavy when wet. It only took her 2 hours to get the job done. Since she still has a few minutes to spare before she prepares their lunch, she decided to head towards the living room to rest for a while. She laid at the couch and closed her eyes. A few minutes later, she sensed a pair of hands cover her eyes. As she struggled to pull the hands, she heard a sudden slam of the door, causing the the force of the hand to slightly lessen. This gave Mav the chance to pull the hands from her eyes and see who it was. She suddenly blushed when she saw his face.

"Peek - a - boo", SungJong greeted her while sticking his tongue out.

"Yah, oppa. You just woke up?", Mav asked him, looking at SungJong from an upside down view.

"Yup... and I'm kinda hungry", SungJong answered with a pout while rubbing his stomach. After hearing his dilemma, Mav stood up from the couch and rubbed her eyes.

"Sorry. I'll start making lunch, then", she said as she made her way towards the kitchen.

"Let me help", SungJong offered. Mav was hesitant at first, not because she confident enough to make a decent Korean meal but because of the thought of cooking with SungJong.

This is going to take a while, Mav thought.

As they both made their way to the kitchen, MyungSoo emerged from the bathroom, drying his hair with a towel. Mav turned to look at him, which she thought was a mistake afterwards.

"Do you really know how to cook? Don't try too hard", MyungSoo told Mav, causing Mav to shut her eyes.

"I do know, though I'm having a hard time familiarizing myself with Korean dishes. I'm only good at preparing our kind of food", Mav replied honestly, turning to him with a forced smile.

"Tsk. Too bad. Well, it wouldn't hurt to eat rubbish for the first time", MyungSoo dissed Mav, his eyes rolling with disbelief.

Mav let out a deep sigh and decided not to retort but SungJong couldn't stand MyungSoo taunt her. It was too much.

"Hyung, if you don't want to eat what she made, then don't eat it. She's not forcing you", SungJong answered back, his voice full of frustration, causing MyungSoo to be taken aback.

MyungSoo decided not to answer and went straight to his room. Mav felt the tension fade away as they continued on with their cooking. SungJong couldn't help but notice the effect of MyungSoo's mockery at Mav's face. Her enthusiasm fell and she kept a blank face after MyungSoo left. 

Without any hesitation, SungJong moved towards Mav, who is now preparing the kimbap roll, and interlocked his arms around her waist from behind. 

"Oppa, what are you doing?", Mav asked, dropping the radish and ham.

"Nothing. Just hugging. I just felt that I need a hug", SungJong answered. Before he could speak up again, Mav immediately removed SungJong arms around her waist and turned to him.

"Oppa, why don't you just sit on the couch and watch some TV shows while waiting?", Mav suggested, her eyes fixed on SungJong's.

"But I want to--", SungJong retorted but Mav cut him off.

"Please. Please", Mav pleaded. SungJong took the hint and immediately went to the living room.

As SungJong left, Mav could feel her face become hot. She didn't know how to react to what SungJong just did. She tried to brush away the thought but she couldn't.

What was he thinking, she thought as she finished making the first roll.

She finally finished preparing the dishes and called on SungJong and MyungSoo. She just realized that SungJong and MyungSoo were the only members left at the apartment, to be later validated by SungGyu's late text message. HoYa and DongWoo were practicing at the company dance studio, and SungGyu was pre - recording some songs for the upcoming concert.

Lunch time was quiet between SungJong and Mav. MyungSoo didn't join them for lunch despite SungJong's incessant call. They didn't speak to each other and Mav felt that it was better that way... for now. On the other hand, SungJong wanted to explain why he hugged her but he was too afraid to make things more awkward. After finishing their meal, SungJong offered to wash the dishes and Mav went straight to her room.

It has been more than a week since she arrived and she hasn't even done her research about them; their debut, their fandom, their profile. She was too afraid to ask them, fearing that either she will be rejected or she won't get a response from them. Switching on her laptop, she began to type the word "INFINITE".

Hitting the "Enter" button, the search results appeared on the screen and Mav clicked on first link on the list.

They're still... young, she thought.

She found out that they debuted on June 9th of 2010. She read their discography and the awards that they received. She listened to some of their songs and thought that they were good, better than good.

They do have a catchy vibe, she thought while listening to one of their title tracks.

After reading some articles about INFINITE as a group, she started searching for their profiles, starting from SungJong.

Oh, he's just 3 years older than me, she thought, reading SungJong profile.

He read SungGyu's next, then DongWoo, WooHyun, SungYeol, and HoYa. She was contemplating on whether to read MyungSoo's profile. Her mind disagrees but her hands slowly typed his name.

Kim MyungSoo

Not only did his profile appeared in the search list but also several pictures of him appeared at the page, either modelling for a magazine or staying at the airport, waiting for the group's flight.

I have to admit, he does look... handsome, she thought as she scrolled for more pictures of him.

Truthfully, she thought that he was not only handsome. He was something more. The way his stare captivated Mav's interest slightly made her heart beat a little faster.

After searching for their profile, she tried to dig for more information about them.

INFINITE Controversies and Scandals

She was a bit conflicted at first, if she really wanted to know about negative news or feedback about them. She was about to close the window out of guilt when suddenly, the first article from the search list caught her attention.

INFINITE L Caught in a Dating Scandal

Showing no signs of hesitation, she quickly clicked on the link and read the article. 

Well, this is..., Mav was lost in thought. She wanted to know more but her instinct tells her that she shouldn't. She tried to fight off the guilt and quickly searched for more articles regarding MyungSoo's dating scandal. Different articles and pictures appeared; pictures of him, his alleged girlfriend, even a picture of them at a supermarket captured by the paparazzi appeared. In the articles, it was revealed that they only dated for a couple of months and eventually broke off the relationship. The whole issue brought great disappointment from the fans. She stared upon every picture of the girl but one picture caught her eye.

She looked at a picture of the girl wearing a black bracelet. It was pretty, with black and silver beads...

This looks familiar, she thought, recalling a similar bracelet she saw.

It's... It's...

MyungSoo...

...he has one...

Wait... So that means, she realized as she momentarily took a step back.

It was a couple bracelet.

But they broke up...

...and he kept the bracelet.