Exposed "Secret"

Living With 7 Romeos

Morning came and Mav did her usual chores, cooking breakfast for the rest of the members. Despite returning to the apartment, she makes it a point that she leaves early, avoiding any encounters from the other members… from one member at least.

SungGyu’s words kept replaying on Mav’s mind. She could never forget his face when he said that she was a burden, hurt and anger flashing through his eyes. She wondered if she had an effect on him, remembering HoYa’s words. The awkward silences between them every time they pass by each other was too much to bear. Instead of keeping up with that set – up, she decided that she will be the one to avoid him.

On the other hand, SungGyu wanted to apologize to Mav. None of the other members knew how glad he was when Mav decided to return to the apartment. Afraid of rejection, he decided to keep quiet and avoid Mav as much as possible. He wanted to apologize to her; for shouting at her, for saying those mean words. In the end, he decided that he’ll apologize to her at a later time.

 

Mav, why are you already up?”, a drowsy HoYa asked Mav who was about to leave.

Wait, you’re leaving already!? It’s only six in the morning!”, HoYa commented, shocked as he glanced at the clock then returning his eyes on Mav.

I have to go to the university to add some finishing touches for our project”, Mav answered, putting on her shoes.

Well, it was half true. One of the reasons why she stays up late every night is because of her requirements. She wanted to impress their professors, give them a good impression about her and her group. Putting in extra effort for their work would serve as a bonus in her goal.

Oh! I already prepared breakfast. Bye!”, Mav hurriedly said as she left the apartment, avoiding to prolong their conversation.

Students these days, HoYa thought as he made his way to the kitchen.

 

Good job, kids!”, SunHo manager commented as the group executed the last step of their choreography. Having practices in between promotions was already a normal occurrence, especially since all of the members want to give their all for their upcoming concert. Everyone was almost in good shape; SungGyu was no longer distracted, MyungSoo seemed to look better nowadays, while the rest were putting so much in their practices, impressing both their managers and their boss.

Rest for ten minutes, then quickly change your clothes. You don’t have any schedules for the day except for HoYa”, SunHo informed them, earning an exhausted smile from the members.

Excited by the thought of having no schedules, the members quickly went to the lockers to grab some change of clothes. WooHyun noticed that SungYeol was moving faster than the rest of them, stuffing his sweaty clothes in his backpack.

Going somewhere?”, WooHyun blurted out, making the other members look at him in confusion.

I mean SungYeol”, he clarified, causing the other members to focus on SungYeol.

Appa called. He needs help with… something”, SungYeol explained, not meeting their eyes. Without uttering another word, he grabbed his bag and left the room, leaving the other members stunned by his exit.

Does anyone notice that SungYeol has been acting weird these days?”, DongWoo asked.

Maybe he’s just exploring… stuff”, SungJong commented, drawing more puzzlement.

He has been coming in very late at night”, HoYa added.

Don’t worry, I’ll talk to him later”, SungGyu assured them. Too focused on himself and Mav these past few days, he felt guilty that he didn’t notice SungYeol’s common absence at the apartment.

They were about to leave when suddenly, WooHyun’s phone rang.

Hello? Who is this?... Mav?... Wait how did you--… Wait, what!? Okay, I’ll tell SungGyu – hyung… Come home as soon as you’re done”, WooHyun spoke through the mouthpiece of the phone, leaving the other listening to his replies.

Mav will be coming home late again?”, HoYa asked WooHyun, catching the attention of MyungSoo, SungJong and SungGyu.

I think so. Something about their project, but she’ll be back as soon as they’re done”, WooHyun replied.

I’ll just fetch her later. It’s dangerous, these days. Too risky to be staying out at night”, DongWoo added.

Hyung, where did she say they were going?”, asked MyungSoo, causing the others to look at him in bewilderment.

Wow, I never thought you’d ask such a question… uh, she didn’t tell me but most probably they’ll be staying at university”, WooHyun answered in a rather hushed tone but loud enough to be heard by MyungSoo.

Give me her number please”, MyungSoo asked again, to which a confused WooHyun did right away.

Why do you need it, Hyung?”, it was SungJong’s turn to ask.

Just…”, MyungSoo replied. The others didn’t bother to ask him again.

That’s weird. Since when did MyungSoo – hyung show interest in Mav?, SungJong thought as all of them got inside the car.

 

It was already two in the afternoon when the members, excluding SungYeol and HoYa, had arrived at their apartment. Upon entering, all of them went to their respective rooms, keeping themselves busy. For SungJong, he immediately went to his shared room and grabbed a small box covered in green wrapping paper under his bed. Little did he know that he was being watched by SungGyu and MyungSoo.

SungJong – ah, what’s that?”, SungGyu asked, curious that SungJong doesn’t usually hide things.

A gift, hyung”, SungJong replied as he quickly left the room, avoiding further questions from SungGyu.

What was that all about?”, SungGyu remarked, turning to MyungSoo.

Don’t know, hyung”, MyungSoo shrugged as he turned his back towards his hyung, pretending to sleep.

SungJong fastened his pace as he made his way to Mav’s room. To his relief, Mav left it unlocked, allowing him to enter. He placed the box at Mav’s table and quickly left. A smile formed from his lips as he reminisces the time he and Mav went to the amusement park.

 

Mav, I’ll be right back okay? Save me a seat!, SungJong remarked as he left Mav near a cotton candy food cart.

SungJong approached a small shop that sells a variety of trinkets and toys. He thought that he needed to give Mav something to remember this day. At the corner of his eye, he saw a necklace with a blue rose as its pendant. He quickly grabbed it and approached the shop owner.

I’ll be taking this, SungJong quickly said as he handed to the shop owner the necklace.

Wonderful choice. For your girlfriend?, the shop owner remarked as he places the necklaces inside a small box.

Sort of, SungJong replied with a shy smile, paying for the necklace.

 

Mav, where are you? – Unknown Number

Who’s this? – Mav

DongWoo Oppa – Unknown Number

Oh? You changed your number? – Mav

Yes – DongWoo Oppa?

We’re going somewhere… a chicken restaurant? – Mav

What’s the name of the restaurant? – DongWoo Oppa?

Uh, SungSung Chicken – Mav

Okay – DongWoo Oppa?

Why did you ask? – Mav

Nothing. Just wanted know. Take care! J - DongWoo Oppa?

Thanks! J You too - Mav

 

Mav and her groupmates have just finished adding supplementary data for their project. Tired and worn out, one of them suggested that they have dinner at a restaurant that she knows. Mav, being the agreeable one, approved of her suggestion. All of them decided to leave the library and head towards the chicken restaurant their friend suggested. While walking, she received a text asking where she is. The sender introduced himself as DongWoo, leaving Mav skeptical about the sender’s identity.

Weird. Does DongWoo – ssi often change his phone number?, Mav thought as she and her friends walked along the pathway.

 

Hyung, I’ll be out for a while”, MyungSoo told WooHyun who was cooking at the kitchen.

Where are you going?”, WooHyun asked, surprised.

To… buy some triangle kimbab”, MyungSoo answered, hoping that WooHyun will buy his excuse.

But I’m already cooking spicy chicken stew. Can’t you wait for it?”, WooHyun retorted, feeling disappointed.

Don’t worry, hyung. I’ll make some room in my stomach for that”, MyungSoo wittingly answered, putting on his shoes. After that, he left the apartment, leaving a glum WooHyun stirring the pot.

 

We’re here!”, Mav’s group mate announced.

’SungSung chicken?’”, Mav rhetorically asked with one eyebrow raised.

Don’t worry. I can guarantee, this place serves the best chicken around the neighborhood”, her group mate answered with a grin.

All of them went inside the restaurant and looked for a table. The ambiance of the place was lively, and the smell of chicken being cooked was enough to make Mav hungry. She had to admit that the smell was delicious to the senses.

Come with me, Mav. Let’s order together”, her group mate grabbed her arm and lead her towards the counter.

Good Evening! Welcome to SungSung Chicken! How may I help--?”, the man over the counter greeted, only to be interrupted by who he saw.

…you?”, the man continued, his eyes fixed on the two girls in front of her.

Uh, SungYeol – lie – oppa! We’ll have two sets of soy glazed chicken”, Mav’s group mate ordered.

Mav couldn’t take her eyes off SungYeol. She was surprised to see him there, working, instead of resting with the others.

I’ll serve your food at your table”, SungYeol answered, his eyes still transfixed at Mav as he handed their number.

Little did they know that, another man saw SungYeol working, his eyes full of shock.

SungYeol – hyung?