Midnight Thrill

Living With 7 Romeos

It’s a good thing you were immediately brought here. You need to tone down your routine for now. If you keep on practicing, your ailment may lead to its permanency”, the doctor told SungJong as he let out a huge sigh.

After the ambulance had arrived, the medical aide assisted SungJong inside the car, with Mav tagging behind them. SungJong, on the other hand, remained calm despite the situation, giving her an assuring look. As both of them reached the hospital, the medical aides and nurses assisted him and rushed him to the ER. Fishing her phone out of her pocket, Mav decided to call the manager to tell him what happened. However, she remembered what SungJong said and decided not to do so. After a few hours, SungJong was given several prescriptions for back pain and vitamins.

I said it’s okay”, SungJong said for the nth time. After being discharged from the hospital, Mav couldn’t help but feel worried about him. It’s not like it’s her responsibility to take care of him but she felt sorry that she wasn’t able to do anything to help him.

SungJong – ssi…”, Mav called out to him as he was hailing a cab from the street.

Aish! I said call me ‘Oppa’”, SungJong said playfully, pretending to be irritated. However, Mav blushed at the thought of calling SungJong “Oppa”.

Okay, okay… Oppa”, Mav answered, quickly turning away to hide the blush creeping one her cheeks.

 

It has been two days since SungJong’s trip to the hospital, followed by the end of Mav’s examination week. Despite having a three – day vacation, she felt restless due to the nervousness she was feeling about the results. From spacing out while doing laundry to almost burning the fish that she was cooking, Mav’s mind was preoccupied.

Something bothering you?”, SungYeol asked as he observed Mav lifelessly staring at the TV.

Mav, Mav… are you okay?” SungYeol nudged at her, causing Mav to be brought back to reality.

Oh, SungYeol – ssi, when did you arrive?”, Mav asked, slowly getting up from her seat.

Just a while ago. You’ve been acting weird these days. Is something wrong?”, SungYeol asked.

Ahh… nothing. Just, you know, really busy these days…”, Mav lied, hoping that SungYeol would buy it.

I’ll take a nap”, Mav informed him, going straight to her room.

Well, that was weird, SungYeol thought, hearing Mav’s door close. Unknown to them, WooHyun accidentally heard their conversation. Without hesitation, he walked straight to Mav’s room.

Hyung! Wait, Mav’s sleeping”, SungYeol warned him as he saw WooHyun walk past the living room, on his way to Mav’s room.

Don’t worry. I’m just going to get something from there”, WooHyun answered, knocking at her door.

That’s weirder. Since when did WooHyun - hyung visit her room?, SungYeol though. With all the confusion stuck on his head, he decided to take a nap too, and went to his room.

 

Mav, are you awake?”, WooHyun asked after he knocked. However, Mav did not reply. Even without an answer, WoohYun decided to enter her room anyway. Fortunately, her door was unlocked. Upon entering, he saw Mav curled up at one corner of her bed, staring into a blank space.

Hey”, WooHyun called out, causing Mav to look at him.

Oh, hello, WooHyun - ssi”, Mav replied with a weak smile.

So…”, WooHyun drifted. He didn’t know what to say. He, too, has observed Mav acting a little weird these past few days and he wanted to make her ease up a bit, hoping that he’ll come up with a way to do that.

Hmm?”, Mav asked, still looking at WooHyun.

Uh, you know… we never really… let you wander in the streets here…”, WooHyun shyly remarked, causing Mav to chuckle.

You’re really not supposed to let me wander, you know”, Mav answered, causing WooHyun to look at her.

Well… I’m really getting bored here and there’s this movie that I want to watch…”, WooHyun trailed off.

…and you want me to watch it with you?”, Mav continued.

Yeah! Besides, you should see Myeongdong at night! Ahh, the streets”, WooHyun replied, sitting at the edge of Mav’s bed.

Isn’t that kind of dangerous, especially for you?”, Mav looked at him skeptically but still keeping a playful smile.

That’s what gives us that adrenaline, right? The risk of getting caught, the hustle and bustle of people, what is life without a bit of thrill?”, WooHyun chuckled, looking at her with his widest smile.

Mav thought about it for a moment. WooHyun was right. She never really had any fun since she arrived. She was set on doing her best at the university, not realizing how much it has consumed her in the past few weeks.

So… what time will we leave?”, Mav asked with a playful smirk, causing WooHyun to smirk too.

 

What, they’re leaving, MyungSoo thought as he placed his ear at Mav’s door. When he heard WooHyun’s footsteps walking towards to door, he immediately ran to the kitchen, pretending to get a glass of water. Trying to catch his breath, he quickly got a glass from the counter and poured a drink.

Why are you panting? Did you go somewhere?”, WooHyun asked as he passed by the kitchen.


Ahh, nothing, Hyung. Did some exercises”, MyungSoo answered, giving a smile to WooHyun.

This is my chance… This will be a good distraction, MyungSoo thought as he quickly came up with plan on how to apologize to Mav.

 

Mav, Mav, faster. SungGyu – hyung will be back any moment”, WooHyun hushed at Mav’s door, hoping that Mav would hear it.

The duo decided, well WooHyun decided, to go out at 10 PM. They didn’t see anything wrong with it since they won’t be busy the next day. As for WooHyun, he took this chance to be able to explore Seoul again. It has been too long since he wandered through the streets, not minding if he would be noticed by the fans. Realizing that Mav never really got the chance to explore the city, he decided to let her experience what it feels like to live there.

I’m almost done. Who watches a movie at 11, anyway?”, Mav complained in a constrained tone, hoping that she won’t wake up the others.

After five minutes, Mav went out of her room and saw WooHyun at the couch, waiting for her. As she approached him, WooHyun eyed Mav’s clothes, raising one eyebrow as he scanned her shirt.

Are you sure that you’ll be wearing that? It’s going to be a bit chilly tonight”, WooHyun remarked, causing Mav to scan her outfit.

I’ll be fine. Besides, I don’t get cold easily”, Mav answered as she made her way to the front doorstep to put on her shoes.

Suit yourself. Don’t come to me complaining that you don’t have a sweater later”, WooHyun said as he followed Mav and put on his shoes too. After a while, the duo left silently, hoping that no one noticed them.

 

And cut!”, the director shouted as the scene ended.

Okay, we’re done for today. Everybody did a great job”, the director remarked, facing the actors and the production staff.

HoYa and MyungSoo were busily filming for their new drama. Despite promoting simultaneously, they still managed to make time for their filming schedule. It was a miracle that they ended earlier than expected. With that, HoYa decided to call the manager to pick them up. While dialing his number, MyungSoo took his chance to ask a question at HoYa.

Hyung”, MyungSoo said, hoping that HoYa would immediately.

Hmm?”, HoYa answered facing at MyungSoo while holding his phone near his ear.

What do you think would be a great gift to someone you want to say sorry to?”, MyungSoo asked, hoping that he won’t take a hint. Unfortunately, HoYa has a strong instinct when it comes to those kinds of things.

For Mav, eh?, HoYa thought.

Well, for starters, you could give some sweets or pastries, or maybe a simple note that says ‘I’m sorry’”, HoYa answered.

But… Hyung… I want it to be something that will show how sincere I am”, MyungSoo remarked.

It doesn’t have to be too grand for someone to appreciate an gift. For starters, you could just give her some cupcakes or even chocolate”, HoYa answered again.

It’s not for Valentine’s Day, Hyung”, MyungSoo snorted in skepticism.

Still… a simple gift would do”, HoYa answered smugly.

Thanks for the advice, Hyung”, MyungSoo thanked him, smiling from ear to ear since he already knows what to give to Mav. On the other hand, HoYa just observed the boy walking away happily.

By the way, how did Hyung know that it was for a girl?, MyungSoo thought as he tilted his head.

 

Ya! You said we’re only going out for a movie!?”, Mav shouted at WooHyun as they entered an arcade.

We’re already outside! Might as well enjoy it”, WooHyun shouted back, grabbing Mav’s wrist as they went inside.

It was already 2 AM when they started walking back to the apartment. Not only did they enjoy their time at the arcade (they almost stayed for an hour), but they also went to eat at different food stalls. For this night – out, WooHyun insisted on treating Mav but she politely declined, stating that this won’t be their last.

You at shooting targets”, Mav laughed as she munched at her corndog.

I’m not! I’m not on my best condition, that’s why”, WooHyun defended himself, sipping from his cup.

Ey, 2 out of 10. Even a kid could do better than that”, Mav continued to .

Ya!”, WooHyun shouted at her, finishing his cup of juice before starting to tickle her.

Stop that, ya, stop that!”, Mav said, pushing WooHyun’s hands.

Take back what you said first!”, WooHyun laughingly demanded as he continued to tickle Mav at her neck.

Alright, alright, you don’t ”, Mav panted. She was too tired from WooHyun’s tickling that they needed to stop for a moment. WooHyun on the other hand just smiled in approval.

You know what, thank you for today”, Mav told him as they continued to walk after resting for a bit.

Thank you, too”, WooHyun answered, looking at the road while smiling.

We should have another night like this before I leave”, Mav commented, trying not to sound too serious.

Promise”, was all WooHyun could say as they reached the doorstep.

 

It was already 2:30 in the morning when they arrived at the apartment. Without speaking, the duo proceeded to their respective rooms, too tired to speak. As Mav entered her room, she quickly plopped herself on the bed. As soon as she was about to remove her socks, she noticed a small red box tied up with a pink ribbon at her desk. Filled with curiosity, she stood up to see what it was and from whom it was. She peeked through the box and noticed a small cupcake with chocolate frosting inside. With it is a note that says “I’m sorry”.

Wait… Is this from… L?, Mav thought as she stared at the cupcake.

 

 

A/N: Sorry if it took me a while to update. I have to face several self conflicts in the last few months. I wrote this one in a hurry since I'll be starting to write the next chapter on Sunday. Don't worry. I'll be updating more often. :) Thank you for anticipating this story. :D