Close Encounters and Mistaken Assumptions

Living With 7 Romeos

Wait. What time is it?

Mav stood up hastily, worried that it was already night time when she woke up. When she checked her phone, she let out a huge sigh, relieved that she didn't sleep that long. After fixing her bed and combing her hair, she heard someone knock at the door.

"Dongsaeng - ah, are you awake? SungJong told me that you took a nap", she heard SungGyu say.

"Yeah. I'll be out in a minute", she replied.

She went to her dresser and combed her hair, making sure that she looks presentable. When she stepped outside her room, she saw SungGyu at the living room, waiting for her.

 

"We will be having a meeting with our choreographer in an hour, dongsaeng - ah. We still have some time to give you a tour of our apartment", SungGyu told her.

"Okay. Again, thank you SungGyu - ssi", Mav can't help but feel really thankful towards him. SungGyu has been kind enough to welcome her to their home. She felt sorry to him for bothering him despite his busy schedule.

"You're welcome, and by the way, please call me 'oppa'. We don't have to be so formal", SungGyu teased.

"Okay, oppa", Mav returning the tease with a grin.

 

The apartment was large but it only took ten minutes for Mav to be familiar with the place. SungGyu showed her their living room, the kitchen, the bathroom, the laundry area, and their communal closet. He also showed her their rooms, informing her who rooms with who: SungGyu rooms with SungJong and Myungsoo, WooHyun with SungYeol, and DongWoo with HoYa. Mav couldn't help but take another look at SungJong's room.

 

"We'll be coming home by 11 so don't wait for us. Dinner is at the 'fridge. You could just reheat it", SungGyu instructed her.

"Thank you, oppa", Mav replied.

"If you're bored, you could watch some movies. We have a collection of DVDs beside the television. I have to warn you though, most of them are horror - themed. I don't know why SungJong loves watching those so much", he commented. Mav can't help but chuckle after hearing that.

"I won't be bored since I have to unpack my things, anyway, though that would only take a short time. Do you mind if I borrow a book, if you have any?", Mav asked, earning a huge grin from the leader's face.

"Do you like to read?", SungGyu asked with interest.

"Most of the time. I collect books and immerse myself into the stories that I read", Mav happily shared to SungGyu.

"Well, you could come to my room to look for some. SungJong and I also love to read. I'll leave it unlocked. We have a shelf their containing fictional and non - fictional books. Choose whatever you want", SungGyu informed, delighted that the girl is interested in reading.

"Thank you!", Mav thanked him with an earnest smile.

"We'll be off then. The others are already at the van. See you later", the leader waved to Mav.

"Bye, oppa! Take care!", Mav waved back.

 

She peeked through the window to see the van head off towards an intersection. After staring for a few minutes, she went back to her room and unpacked her things.

Shoes, clothes, journal...

Before she left for Korea, she received a journal from one of her closest friends. She admired the gift so much that she promised that she will fill the pages with her honest emotions. Caressing the cover, she gazed at it with awe. She loved how smooth the empty pages were, waiting to be filled with memories and thoughts. She decided to put it under her bed, for privacy reasons

After unpacking, she went to the kitchen to grab a drink. Upon drinking, she observed the apartment for a while.

Maybe I should clean while they're away.

Without any hesitation, she tied up her hair into a bun, grabbed a rag at the communal closet (it made her wonder why every cloth was found at the communal closet, including doormats) and started cleaning.

She first cleaned the kitchen as she observed that it was the dirtiest area in the apartment. Then, she proceeded to the living room and wiped the shelves. After that, she went to the bathroom and scrubbed the toilet, floors, and sink. Area per area, she tried to clean it the best way she can so as to leave each area spotless. She was itching to clean their rooms but something tells her that she needed the others' permission first. So with one last action, she vacuumed the whole apartment and laid down the floor to rest. When she heard her stomach grumble, she decided to eat her dinner, heading towards the fridge to look for the meal SungGyu prepared. She grabbed the plate containing the meal and placed it in the microwave to heat up for five minutes. It didn't take that long for her to finish the whole meal. After eating, she washed the plate, and eventually went to SungGyu's shared room to look for a book.

 

She was astounded by the huge of collection of books that welcomed her as she entered the room. One by one, she checked for books that she might want to read, feeling the spine of each book. Despite that, she was thinking of something else...

So, this is his room, huh, she thought.

She could see the slight difference between the personal spaces of SungGyu, SungJong, and MyungSoo. Given the first impressions the three members gave her, she could easily identify the member's personal spaces; a wide desk with a personal computer and some albums from different artists for SungGyu, a yellow - colored table containing family pictures and two plushies for SungJong, and a monochomatic black and white desk with a personal computer with letterings that spelled out "KIM MYUNGSOO" for L.

At the time, she just surveyed their room. She didn't feel the urge to read anymore as she walked away from the bookshelf beside SungGyu's bed. In the end, she just decided to go to sleep and left the room. She took a shower first to refresh herself and went straight to bed.

But she couldn't sleep at all...

She kept tossing and turning, worried about the outcome of the meeting tomorrow with the CEO. The image of the cold L also added to one of her worries. 

While having these deep thoughts, she heard the main door open and closed, causing her to jump off the bed. Out of her curiosity, she checked to see if someone was there.

Maybe it could be them...

It was a bit unusual since she only hear a pair of footsteps. Despite being afraid, she took the courage to open her door and stepped outside. She immediately went to the dark living room, the light from the kitchen being her only source of luminescence. Seeing that no one was there, she thought that she was just imagining things and decided to go to the kitchen to drink some water, just to cool her nerves. Out of her line of sight, she didn't notice the pair of eyes watching her behind the dark living room. As she approached the fridge, a dark figure approached her...

"Who are you and why are you here!?", the figure shouted, grabbing her wrist, causing Mav to drop the water bottle she was holding.

"Are you a sasaeng fan? How did you enter our apartment?", the figure asked again but Mav couldn't give a proper response due to the shock.

When she realized that the figure was about to call the police, she grabbed the hand holding her wrist and tried to explain to him.

"Wait, I'm your new room mate", was all she could say.

"I don't buy it. Do you expect me to believe that sajjangnim would allow a girl to live with us!?", the figure angrily replied.

Mav was on the verge of tears because of what happened. She hated being shouted at. It makes her heart weak and can't help but cry on situations like this.

Instead of calling the police, he dialled SungGyu's number. Luckily, he picked up the call right away.

"Oh, WooHyun - ah? SungYeollie is with us right now. Where are you? Are you already at the apartment? ", SungGyu asked.

"Yes, hyung. I went home early because I was too tired but that's not the reason why I called. A sasaeng fan is currently at our apartment", WooHyun reported.

"What!? When? Wait... What about Mav, is she still there? Is she hurt?", SungGyu frantically asked.

Wait. Mav?, WooHyun thought.

"Hyung, who's Mav?", a confused WooHyun asked.

"She's our new room mate. Remember when sajjangnim told us that someone will be staying with us... Hello, WooHyun - ssi?", the line suddenly broke.

He quickly turned to Mav, the hint of anger not leaving his eyes as he glared at her.

"So, you're Mav?", WooHyun asked, this time in a calmer tone but the hint of frustation was still present.

"Yes", she replied. Still not recovering from the shock, her legs began to tremble, causing her to kneel at the floor. Suddenly, all she could see was the darkness cornering her line of vision. Then, her mind went blank.