Out of the Blue

Living With 7 Romeos

Yah! Seriously, where are we going?”, Mav asked while panting. MyungSoo continuously dragged her aimlessly, not bothered by his surroundings.

Somewhere. Just somewhere. Come on, you just found me”, MyungSoo answered without glancing at her. He was rushing to reach the nearest river bank.

Let’s take a rest please”, Mav pulled her hand away from MyungSoo’s grip and sat down at the mossy sidewalk. She sighed as she wiped the sweat at her forehead, controlling the pace of her breathing.

MyungSoo, on the other hand, felt sorry for her and sat down beside her. He was still dazed about what happened at the café. She didn’t love him. She didn’t even let him talk that much. So many things were running from his mind while continuously staring at the empty street. The sun didn’t shine that much and the clouds were filling the blue sky. It was the perfect weather to go out, to say at least, but that didn’t matter. Transfixed at the yellow lines that trailed in the road, MyungSoo kept silent, much to Mav’s curiosity.

You know, you don’t have to tell me what happened”, Mav abruptly said, causing MyungSoo to be “awakened” from the trance.

But you saw us”, MyungSoo commented, giving Mav his full attention.

I don’t intend on forcing you to tell me anything. That’s up to your discretion”, Mav told him, her eyes shifting to the road ahead of them.

Aren’t you curious?”, MyungSoo shot up, causing Mav to look at him again.

I am but I don’t think you’re ready to tell me that anything yet”, Mav answered.

Everything was silent between them after that. Mav was staring at the cloudy sky, trying to keep her curiosity at bay. MyungSoo continued staring at the road ahead of them.

Could I really tell her?, MyungSoo incessantly asked himself. He has been keeping his emotions for quite some time and it would be nice to have someone to share it with.

Seconds, minutes passed to what seemed like an eternity but both didn’t mind the time. The silence comforted them. It was unusual but calming. There would be times when Mav would glance at MyungSoo and vice versa. The shifting color of the sky from blue to purple was the signal for both to go home. Mav was sure that they will, again, receive another scolding from SungGyu but she didn’t mind that at all. Coincidentally both of them stood up at the same time, earning Mav a playful chuckle from MyungSoo.

 

Aren’t you hungry?”, MyungSoo asked Mav as they walked towards the apartment. It took them an hour before reaching the doorstep but similarly, they just felt the need to walk.

Too late to ask that”, Mav answered cheekily, opening the door. As soon as both of them enetered the apartment, they were greeted by an annoyed SungGyu.

You didn’t even call”, SungGyu simply stated.

But, hyung, it’s not that late yet. Besides, doesn’t it make you feel better that we went home together?”, MyungSoo retorted as he slung his arm at Mav’s shoulder, causing her to stiffen.

Next time, give me a call if you don’t plan on going home early, and that strictly applies to you, Mav”, SungGyu said in a firm tone.

I’m sorry”, Mav apologized without looking SungGyu.

Anyway, there’s still some leftover pasta at the table, just in case you two haven’t eaten yet. For some unknown reason, WooHyun decided to cook for tonight”, SungGyu informed them in a softer voice. With that said, he proceeded to his room.

Mav and MyungSoo both hurriedly went to the dining area to eat. Both were silent as they ate their pasta. After finishing, both of them cleaned up the plates and utensils, still keeping silent.

Thank you”, MyungSoo uttered, his eyes fixated on the clean plates.

For?”, Mav pretended to ask, knowing the answer to his question.

You already know”, MyungSoo replied, giving Mav a short smirk.

 

As both of them are finished, they proceeded to their own prospective rooms. Mav changed into her usual sleeping clothes but was bothered of the events that happened as of that day. She had a hard time falling asleep and continued to twist and turn at her bed, leaving her journal to fall off. Startled by the soft thud, Mav peaked at the floor to see what fell.

I almost forgot about you”, Mav remarked a she picked up her journal. Deciding that lying still in bed won’t do her any good, she decided to just write. She felt relieved to see her journal as she went to her desk and grabbed her pen.

Love can sometimes be a funny thing. It lets you feel this euphoria that you have never felt before. It lets you taste the sweetness of nectar without even touching it. You continue to long for this feeling, plunging you deep into its confines. You feel so ecstatic without realizing that you are trapped, stuck in a rabbit hole, that is. To what extent will we blinded by love? To what extent will we realize that love takes two?

As soon as she finished writing, she closed her journal and continued to stare at the window, random thoughts filling her mind. She was so engrossed at the thought of love that she didn’t realize that she had fallen asleep.

 

Hyung, couldn’t you stay still?”, a groggy and irritated MyungSoo sarcastically asked as SungGyu continued to twist and turn at his own bed. Like Mav, he was also having a hard time sleeping. After hearing MyungSoo’s remark, he decided to get a glass of water.

This is nothing, this is nothing, SungGyu thought as he went out of their room.

Grabbing a glass, he went to the table and poured a generous amount of water in the glass. However, instead of drinking it, he just stared at it, examining how clear and cool it was.

Aren’t you going to drink that?”, SungJong popped out of nowhere. He was observing SungGyu for quite some time and frankly, he was curious to why he was in such a deep thought.

Ahh, yeah”, SungGyu awkwardly gulped the liquid.

Something bothering you?”, SungJong asked as he took a seat in front of SungGyu.

When did you last care for someone, SungJong - ah?”, SungGyu earnestly asked, looking at SungJong hoping for an honest answer.

I care for my parents, hyung”, SungJong replied, getting SungGyu’s glass to pour himself a drink also.

I know that but what I mean is that, you know, someone special, someone not exactly related to you in any way”, SungGyu asked again, and this time, SungJong looked at him deeply.

He can’t know, SungJong. He mustn’t find out, SungJong thought as he drank the water.

Why do you ask, hyung?”, SungJong returned the question, hoping that SungGyu wouldn’t notice.

I don’t know. Maybe it’s because I forgot how it felt like. Sometimes, I don’t know if I still know how to love”, SungGyu answered, staring at the table as he said so.

It has been a long time since we felt love, hyung. With all these schedules, we can’t really meet or date with anyone. Plus, it will create a fuss”, SungJong remarked, causing SungGyu to look at him.

You’re right. Sometimes, I wish, for once, for us to go out and meet with new people. I don’t want to be a bachelor forever”, SungKyu stated, causing both of them to chuckle.

Maybe someday, we’ll be able to meet the one for us, hyung”, SungJong comforted him.

As the night went on, both of them continued to talk about different topics, from hobbies to songs. When drowsiness hit the both of them, they went back to their own rooms, thankful for the out – of – the – blue conversation that they just had.

 

Wow”, DongWoo remarked.

What’s gotten into him?”, WooHyun asked.

I don’t know what happened but I can see that he can cook”, SungYeol stated.

All of the members and Mav were flabbergasted by the sight in front of them. Kimchi on one plate, chicken soup boiling over the stove, hardboiled eggs in the bowl at the counter, it was unusual as the sight of a dog and cat being friends.

MyungSoo, are you sick?”, HoYa jokingly asked as he grabbed a glass from the cabinet.

Why don’t you admit that I look like the ideal husband, hyung?”, MyungSoo remarked, causing HoYa to spit out the water in his mouth.

Come on, let’s eat. Thanks for cooking, Myung”, SungGyu simply commented, breaking the trance of others staring at MyungSoo.

As all were seated, they couldn’t believe the heavy breakfast in front of them as MyungSoo placed the dishes on the table. It was in rare moments like this that everybody like to keep silent. To make matters more weird…

I’ll be taking Mav to school today”, MyungSoo volunteered without looking up, causing Mav to choke on the potato dumpling she was eating. Caring as ever, SungJong patted her back and offered her a glass of water.

I’m fine by taking the bus. Besides, you’re all busy”, Mav retorted, hoping that he would insist on it.

Actually, our schedule starts on the afternoon”, WooHyun remarked, earning him a glare from Mav.

Just make sure that she gets there safely” SungGyu affirmed, relieved and slightly bothered by MyungSoo’s kind gesture.

 

After breakfast, Mav took a shower and groomed herself, getting ready to leave for school. As she went out of her room, she saw MyungSoo waiting for her at the living room. At the sight of her, MyungSoo shot up and grabbed the keys to his car.

Let’s go?”, MyungSoo asked in a slightly cheerful tone. Mav nodded in response.

Both were silent for the duration of the 20 – minute trip. Mav was fumbling her fingers, hoping to get to the university quickly. MyungSoo, on the other hand, noticed this and let out a small sigh.

Don’t worry. It’s not what it looks like”, MyungSoo told Mav, making her more confused.

Then what does this look like?”, Mav asked him nervously.

Date”, MyungSoo answered, causing Mav to look at him with wide eyes.

Kidding. It’s just a way for me to say thank you for saving me yesterday”, MyungSoo chuckled, causing Mav to release a huge sigh.

Oh”, was the only thing Mav could say at that moment.

And like that, 20 minutes have already passed and both of them reached the university. Unbuckling her seatbelt, Mav quickly stepped out of the car but before leaving…

Thank you”, Mav waved at MyungSoo, causing him to wave back.

 

Afternoon came and soon, INFINITE were at the dance room again, practicing their steps for their latest track. Twice, thrice, after repeatedly doing the same steps, they decided to take a break. Some were lying on the floor and some were playing with their phones. For MyungSoo, he simply grabbed a towel and his tumbler, and went to sit at one side of the room. Continuing to drink his water, he wiped of the sweat dripping of his face.

Hyung, have this”, SungJong approached MyungSoo as he tossed a small packet of bread towards him.

Thanks”, MyungSoo replied as he ruffled SungJong’s hair.

Both of them quietly ate the piece of bread that they have. Afterwards, they started talking about the most random stuff, from robots to MyungSoo’s pictures. Both of them sometimes in the middle of their conversation, causing some of the members to look at their way from time to time.

You know, hyung, it was thoughtful of you to take Mav to school”, SungJong remarked.

Oh, that was nothing”, MyungSoo grinned, finishing of the water inside his tumbler.

Aren’t you forgetting something?”, SungJong asked in a more serious tone, making MyungSoo suddenly nervous.

I don’t think s--”, MyungSoo was about to answer when SungJong hit him.

MY HOT CHOCO HYUNG HOW COULD YOU FORGET WHEN I SPECIFICALLY TOLD YOU YESTERDAY TO BUY ME SOME WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO HUH!!!”, SungJong blabbered as he continued to hit MyungSoo.

Yah, Lee SungJong, it hurts”, MyungSoo complained, covering his face just in case Sungjong decides to hit it.

Let them be”, SungGyu remarked when he saw DongWoo approaching them.

MyungSoo knows how to piss off SungJong at times”, WooHyun chuckled, as he took another sip of water.

To that, everything went fine. After a few minutes, they started practicing again, with SungJong scrunching his nose at MyungSoo to which MyungSoo chuckled.

Just like the old times, HoYa thought as they proceeded to repeat their dance routine for the fourth time.