Distractions

Living With 7 Romeos

"So, Mav, no more running away?", DongWoo asked Mav jokingly, causing the whole group to focus all their attention towards her.

"Hey, I didn't run away!", Mav protested, weakly punching DongWoo on the shoulder.

The group gathered on the dining table, asking Mav different questions about what she did while she was away from them. Despite two of the members being absent on the table, the others tried their best to welcome her warmly. She wasn't uncomfortable to tell them what she did while she was gone. Telling her stories in complete detail with actions, Mav didn't care if her stories bored them. The members laughed at Mav's enthusiasm in telling them, ruffling her hair from time to time whenever she did something cute. 

"Kimchi soup is ready!" WooHyun shouted from the kitchen, holding the spoon on one hand.

The others started to groan in dissatisfaction. It's okay to eat kimchi soup for lunch and dinner but for breakfast? The members thought that WooHyun must be out of his mind to prepare something spicy early in the morning.

"Hyung, really? You could've prepared pancakes!", SungYeol shouted from the dining table.

"We have the ingredients for it", SungJong commented, resting his head on Mav's shoulder.

Mav could feel her whole body stiffen at SungJong's sudden gesture. Sure, SungJong was sweet and caring, but to her, he was something else. She couldn't decode his true intentions towards her. Actions speak louder than words but without words, some actions could be easily misunderstood. In the end, it was only safe for her to assume that SungJong's personality has always been like that.

"Why are you so tensed?", SungJong asked, noticing Mav not taking any initiative to move at all.

"Ah, I'm sorry... WooHyun - ssi, let me help you with that", Mav quickly apologized to SungJong and excused herself to help WooHyun in serving their meal.

 

"Let's go out", SungJong invited Mav as he grabbed her arm.

"Out? Like on a date?", Mav stuttered, surprised by SungJong's invitation.

"Do you like it to be a date?", SungJong replied with a question.

"No, no! I mean, uh, just hanging out right?", Mav was quick to deny her assumption.

"I'm just kidding. I missed going to the amusement park and I was planning to go there with you", SungJong explained.

"Amusement park!? What are we waiting for!? Let's go!", Mav impulsively grabbed SungJong's arm. She was too excited to go out that she didn't realize that SungJong was still in his pajamas.

"Ahh, wait I'm sorry", Mav apologized, slowly removing her arm from his but was only stopped bySungJong by tugging hers firmly.

"It's alright. Can you wait? I'll be right back", SungJong asked her, staring at her eyes intently.

Stop it. Stop it. Ugh, heart, don't do this to me, Mav thought, feeling her heart beat faster.

"Uh, SungJong... take a shower now!!! Hurry!", Mav replied, pushing him towards the bathroom.

"Alright, alright" SungJong chuckled, ruffling Mav's hair before he went inside the bathroom.

What do I do with you, Mav sighed, placing her hand on her chest, trying to calm her heart down.

It only took 15 minutes for SungJong to get ready. He checked his clothes and grabbed his wallet before going out of his room. Seeing Mav patiently waiting at the couch was a sight to see.

How could she look so adorable despite doing nothing, SungJong thought as he made his way beside her.

"Let's go?", SungJong tapped Mav's shoulder.

"Come on!", Mav squealed in excitement, not noticing that SungJong held her hand on their way out.

 

"MyungSoo?", HoYa knocked at his room. He was sure that MyungSoo was already awake and he wanted to make sure that he would eat his breakfast. When he received no response, he entered his room. What awaited him inside was a troubled MyungSoo sitting in front of his desk, seemingly lost in his own thoughts.

"You should eat", HoYa said, placing his hand over MyungSoo's shoulder, causing Myung Soo to flinch.

"Oh, hyung, you're here...", MyungSoo murmured.

"...and I suggest that we go outside and eat", HoYa repeated, not wanting to back down from MyungSoo's stubborness.

"But you already ate", MyungSoo retorted.

"But you still didn't... now come on. We wouldn't want to let WooHyun's cooking go to waste", HoYa pulled MyungSoo out of his chair and dragged him outside.

"Okay, okay, hyung", MyungSoo broke free from HoYa's grip.

As they both sat at the table, HoYa was observing MyungSoo's movements. Realizing that HoYa has already eaten, MyungSoo didn't mind HoYa staring at him and instead, focused on eating his meal.

Despite the silence that filled the atmosphere between them, HoYa was hoping that MyungSoo would open up to him. He knows how difficult it is to push aside your emotions and pretend that everything seems okay. He was too afraid that one day, MyungSoo might reach his breaking point, causing him to become all the more distant not only to his hyungs but to everyone, even his family. As time progresses, HoYa waited patiently for MyungSoo to speak.

MyungSoo, slowly savoring the taste, looked at HoYa with empty eyes. He didn't want to talk about anything with him. In fact, as much as possible, he wanted to be left alone. Seeing that HoYa was slowly losing his patience, he thought of an excuse to keep the latter occupied.

"You know, SungGyu hyung hasn't eaten yet, either... you might want to go check on him", MyungSoo uttered, hoping that HoYa will take the bait. Fortunately, HoYa's abrupt departure from the dining area was a sign that he took it. 

 

"SungYeol - ah, do you have any idea what happened between SungGyu hyung and Mav?", WooHyun lightly asked SungYeol who was busy fixing his bag.

"Frankly, no... but I hope whatever happened between them, they should settle it right away. In SungGyu's defense, we can't become distracted right now because of our comeback and concert", SungYeol hastily replied, quickly grabbing his charger and putting it inside his bag.

"Ya, why are you in a hurry, anyway? We don't have any schedules right now", WooHyun noticed that SungYeol's movements were beyond the ordinary way SungYeol would act.

"I'm meeting someone", SungYeol replied, avoiding WooHyun's eyes.

"Ey, you didn't tell me you have a girlfriend", WooHyun , earning a weak punch from him.

"No! Anyway, tell SungGyu hyung I'll be back by six", SungYeol reminded him.

He's becoming unusual these days, WooHyun taught as he lazily grabbed his phone and played games.

 

"Hyung", HoYa called out, quietly knocking at his door.

"SungGyu hyung". Still, no response.

Just like what he did to MyungSoo, HoYa opened the door and saw SungGyu in a daze, sitting at the side of his bed. 

"Hyung, you should eat", HoYa told him, sitting beside him.

"I'm not hungry", SungGyu simply replied.

"But you should. We only have a few days left before our comeback. We can't let ourselved starve", HoYa uttered. SungGyu didn't speak up.

"Hyung, if this is about Mav... do you want to talk about it?", HoYa asked. SungGyu flinched a bit when he heard him say Mav's name.

"I... I... It's difficult", SungGyu answered.

"What's making it difficult?", HoYa asked again, relieved that at least SungGyu was willing to talk to him about this.

"Everything. It bothers me that I offered her my help but she's not taking it", SungGyu explained.

"Hyung, it has only been weeks since she's been here. Don't you think it's a bit too sudden if she tells her all of your problems?", HoYa suggested.

"But--", SungGyu was about to retort when HoYa stopped him.

"She's still adjusting, hyung. It's hard for her to be away from home. If you could give her more time, sonner or later, she'll come to you. All you need to do is to wait and be there for her", HoYa advised.

SungGyu couldn't help but realize that HoYa was right. Maybe he was too aggressive. He should give her more time.

"Thanks", SungGyu mumbled loud enough for HoYa to hear.

"Now, I'm starting to get hungry", SungGyu commented, causing to HoYa to chuckle. As soon as they made their way to the door, HoYa suddenly thought of something.

"Oh, and by the way, I have something to ask", HoYa said.

"What is it?", SungGyu answered.

Do you like Mav, HoYa thought, still debating between his inner self on whether he should ask about it or not.

"Ahh, nothing...", HoYa smiled. SungGyu was about to reach the doorknob when suddenly, DongWoo opened the door.

"HYUNG! LET'S GO TO THE AMUSEMENT PARK!", DongWoo suggested.

DongWoo being DongWoo, HoYa thought as he chuckled.

"You can go there by yourself", SungGyu replied, showing disinterest to the idea.

"But it won't be fun when I'm alone!", DongWoo whined, hoping that SungGyu would give in.

"I think we should go too, hyung. Who know what DongWoo might do?", HoYa teased, causing a high - five from a SungGyu and a whine from DongWoo.

"Hyung, I'm not that reckless!", DongWoo retorted, causing HoYa and SungGyu to earn a glare from him.

"Really? Remember the last time you went to the mall, alone?", SungGyu emphasized the word "alone".

"Okay, okay. But still, at least you get to tag along", DongWoo replied.

"What are we waiting for? Let's go!", HoYa grabbed the two as they made their way out of the apartment.

This should let him get his mind off things, HoYa thought as he looked at SungGyu.