Too Close

Living With 7 Romeos

I loved you.

But…

You don’t have to answer now. I just… felt like saying that to you.

I like her. I’m sorry.

No… No…

 

No!”, Mav shouted as she woke up. Sweat droplets started forming in her head, making her reach out for a tissue at her side table.

Waking up from a sad dream, Mav sat up her bed, noticing her surroundings. She was already dressed on her pajamas, and her bag was at the chair beside her table. The only light from the room was from the lamp atop her bedside cabinet.

Forget it. You’re not here for him. Focus.

Mav, is everything alright?”, a voice suddenly asked from her doorstep. Peering more closely, Mav realized that it was SungJong.

Oh, Oppa”, was all she could muster to say.

Were you dreaming?”, SungJong casually asked, careful not to make Mav uncomfortable. Mav nodded in reply.

SungJong slowly made his way across her room, sitting beside her. Mav just stared at the open space, though she acknowledged SungJong’s presence. When she finally snapped out of her thoughts, she looked at the clock and realized that it was only one in the morning.

I heard you shout”, SungJong remarked.

Oh, sorry for waking you up”, Mav told him, suddenly feeling sorry.

’Tis okay. I was about to get drink some water when I heard you”, SungJong assured her. He placed his hand on her left shoulder, squeezing it.

Not wanting to pry, SungJong remained by Mav’s side, his gaze locked onto her face.

Those eyes… shining despite this dimly lit room…

That face… glowing as if it’s the sun…

Those lips… so soft…

Wow, you are becoming cheesy, SungJong said to himself.

He continued to stare at her lips. However, Mav let out a small sigh, causing him to break from his trance. Upon turning, Mav saw that SungJong was staring at her.

Oppa, is there something on my face?”, Mav suddenly asked, her face flushing.

Here”, SungJong moved closer, their faces just two inches apart. He wiped a small smudge of lip tint beside Mav’s lips, indicating that Mav hasn’t washed yet.

Were you really that exhausted that you forgot to wash your face?”, SungJong chuckled, still not moving his face away.

Ohh! Sorry!”, Mav quickly wiped her lips, her face becoming like a bright red tomato.

Forget it. It’s already gone”, SungJong teased.

Mav stiffened from the distance of their faces, her eyes looking directly at his lips. Little did she realize that SungJong was slowly closing the distance between them.

You’re making a mistake, SungJong said to himself.

One wrong move and she’ll be gone.

Anyway, I should let you sleep”, SungJong remarked, standing up from her bedside.

Oh, okay. Good night”, Mav quickly moved away and started to lie down.

Without another word, SungJong left her room, closing the door silently so as not to wake the others.

Both their hearts beat faster than it should.

That was too close.

That was too close.

 

 

A/ N: I'm sorry it took me a long time to update this. I promise to write a longer chapter. 2018 has been a rollercoaster ride for me. Hoping this finish this story before June. I'll be updating more often. Please continue to support this fanfic. :)