In 3, 2, 1...

Living With 7 Romeos

Why am I fidgeting? I shouldn't be this nervous. They're just like normal people...

Except that they're KPop stars...

An all-male group on top of that.

Mavonne waited for the manager before knocking at the door of the dormitory. She didn't want to enter and introduce herself alone. She was just getting used to her surroundings and her dizziness isn't helping in maintaning her consciousness. She checked her watch again and realized that it was already two in the afternoon. The manager said that he will meet her at 1 o' clock.

He will be here soon, she thought.

 

Everything was still so surreal. She couldn't believe that her application to study abroad was accepted; at South Korea, on top of that. With her parents' approval, she applied for the exchange student program since having this kind of experience will help her find a stable and excellent job in the future. For two months, she will be attending a summer class consisting of only three subjects. It's not a heavy burden, and she wanted to grow intellectually and socially for the duration of the class. After a nerve-wracking interview, the board had approved her application. Afterwards, she started learning Korean and studied about Korean culture so that she wouldn't embarrass herself. She was thankful that she found a company that would sponsor this academic opportunity, and her living expenses on top of that. She considered hersel almost lucky because of the rare opportunity right in fron of her. Although, there was one catch...

She has to live at an apartment... with seven guys.

At first, she was against the idea but she didn't really had a choice. The company's CEO is closely acquainted with one of the CEOs of a South Korean entertainment company. They assured her that it was for her own good, and that it will be financially considerable. She had to set aside her standards and reservations for this decision. The CEO assured her that they can contact them for help if ever a crisis comes up at the apartment.

 

She was trying to recall the names of the members of the group when the manager suddenly arrived.

"I'm sorry. I was stuck at traffic and I had to talk to JungYeop - sajjangnim", the manager apologized while still catching his breath.

"It's okay", she replied with a smile, trying to assure the manager that it was not a big deal.

"I'm surprised that you found the place right away. Don't worry, they're nice boys", the manager said, grinning.

"It wasn't that difficult to find. Thank you for accompanying me here. Did you already inform them about my arrival?", Mav asked, trying to hide her nervousness.

"About that, I told them that someone will be staying here for two months, but I forgot to mention that that person is a female", he replied with apologetic eyes.

Great. Just great.

"Don't worry. I'm sure that they wouldn't mind", the manager said in the most comforting tone.

"Okay", she glumly replied.

 

Her nervousness began to increase as the manager knocked at the door.

Let's stay calm. Remember, it's just for two months.

She tried the breathing techniques that she had learned whenever anxiety was creeping up on her.

Inhale... Exhale... Inhale... Exhale... Inhale...

 

"Oh hyung, you're here?", a small - eyed boy greeted as he opened the door.

"SungGyu - ssi, I want you to meet Mavonne. She will be your room mate/ dongsaeng for two months.", the manager replied.

The boy looked at her from head to toe, making her feel uncomfortable. A long wordless silence followed.

"Annyeong haseyo! My name is Kim SungGyu", the boy said in an earnest and energetic tone, startling the girl in front of him.

Maybe this will work out, she thought, feeling the comfort ease inside her.