SBS Award Festival I

You Found Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“A bet? What bet, Oppa?” Her frowning eyebrows lifted in curiosity.

“You’ll accompany me to the event, and if we win the best couple award, you must agree to fulfill a wish for me. I won’t ask much. Just one,” he dared her. “If we don’t win it, I’ll fulfill your wish. Any wish.”

“But, Oppa...I want us to win the award,” Ji Eun said frankly. To think that losing was an option didn’t really appeal to her, even with the chance to have a free wish from Joon Gi.

Joon Gi laughed at her response and nodded in agreement. “Me too. Hmm…how about this? If we win I get two wishes from you and you can have one wish too. And if we lose, you still have your one wish.”

Ji Eun giggled. She knew he was just trying hard to get her to agree to go to the SAF event. With or without the bet, he just wanted to go to SAF with her.

“You’re just trying to make me agree to go with you to SAF, aren’t you, Oppa?”

“Is it working?” He winked and made a cute face. “Please tell me it’s working, Ji Eun ah.”

“Aniya,” she said with straight face, before tumbling down again to the bed and laughing hard.

“Eh? It’s not working? Really?” Joon Gi looked hesitant at first, but then saw how she laughed and he smirked. “Aish! You’re teasing me now, aren’t you?”

“Ummm...maybe?” she giggled.  Teasing him was fun. Joon Gi oppa was cute.

“Ji, let’s just go. I really want to see you. It’s not about the award anymore. I just want to see you.”

His sincere words pulled at her heart strings.

 

‘I really want to see you too, oppa.’

It had really been a while since they last me each other She was missing him too. They never really lost contact, but it wasn’t enough. She needed him right beside her, hearing his laugh first-hand and maybe... feeling the warmth of his hand in hers. Winning or not, it didn’t matter anymore for her.

“Yes. Let’s go, Oppa,” she responded finally.

“Thank you.” Joon Gi grinned happily.

“Thank you, Oppa.” She bowed her head a little bit and smiled. “so this means we don’t need the bet anymore, right?”

“Oh no. The bet is still on! It’ll add some excitement, won’t it?”  He quickly retorted.

Ji Eun giggled again in answer. “Okay, Oppa!  Either way I’ll have a wish that you need to fulfill. So. What about our outfit for the event?”

“Let’s just wear something the same color. I’m sure any dress you are going to wear will look amazing on you.”

“What color do you have in mind, Oppa?”

“Hmm, how about black?”

Ji Eun gave a quick nod. “Sure, Oppa. About my dress, are you sure I can just choose any kind of dress we don’t need to ask our stylist to work it out together?”

He just shook and smiled brightly, “Aniya...Just surprise me Ji-yah. I love surprises.”

---

Ji Eun glanced at her options – the black dresses her stylist had prepared for her to choose from. She selected three she felt were the best choices out of them, but she still couldn’t decide which would give her the look that she wanted.

“Unnie, which one do you think I should wear?” she asked Han Na who was relaxing on the small couch near her bed, a face mask covering her features. Today they had a girls’ date. They ate, shopped together, and in the end, Han Na decided to stay for the night to help her pick her dress for the SAF event.

“Still can’t pick one?” Han Na got up from the couch and carefully checked out the dresses, “All of them are pretty, but they all give different vibes. How about this one?” Han Na picked a strapless long black dress with a high waist line and decorated with golden thread and Swarovski crystals.

Ji Eun examined the dress more closely, trying to imagine herself in it. In the end she shook her head. “No. I like these two better I guess, but I’m having a hard time picking one.”

She placed the dresses side by side. On the left was a black, short-sleeved Sabrina mini dress with red obi at the waistline flowing into a full skirt that was decorated with clear tiny crystals. On the right was a black halter neck long gown with a . It was fitted and had a long train. Both Ji Eun and Han Na took their time judging each dress and finally they turned to each other with a big smile.

“I like the long dress!” both of them exclaimed together.

---

She kept checking on her look, making sure that her makeup artist didn’t put on too much make up. And then she turned herself to the left and right in front of the mirror making sure that she looked alright in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter