Gifts and A Bet

You Found Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Eh! Are you sure, Unnie?? Isn’t giving this as my first gift too much?” Ji Eun argued.

Inna looked at the display again, thinking, “But isn’t this nice and personal? And since it’s small, people won’t notice it.”

“But still…giving a ring, Unnie. I don’t want him to run away,” she said horrified. She couldn’t imagine what his reaction would be if she gave him a ring.

They were shopping together today. Ji Eun was thinking to buy something for Joon Gi Oppa. She had spotted a nice yellow sweater, but Inna said that it wasn’t his color of choice. Ji Eun agreed, but she still thought about that yellow sweater. They stopped by a jewelry store, the owner quickly recognizing them. He greeted them excitedly saying that he was a fan.

“Then how about a pendant?” the owner suggested with a grin. “I can have my designer design it now, if IU-shi and Yoo Inna-shi want.”

Inna turned her head to Ji Eun, intrigued by the idea. Ji Eun shook her head, disagreeing.

“Let me see the design first and we can decide later,” Inna said excitedly.

The manager bowed happily and quickly called his designer.

“Unnie!” Ji Eun whispered unhappily. She tugged Inna’s shirt trying to stop her.

“It’s okay. If you don’t like any of the designs you can just say you’ll consider it and will call if you want them to make it. Easy, right?” Inna whispered back.

 When the designer came, she asked questions about the kind of jewelry they had in mind and the person they wanted to give the jewelry to. She also suggested other details that they might want to add to the design. Ji Eun answered as best as she could, even though she still didn’t think it was a good idea to give him jewelry. Her mind was still on the yellow sweater.

After a while, the designer showed them some examples she had quickly drawn. Ji Eun randomly picked a cross pendant while Inna picked another design.

 “We can make the design you picked within a week,” the owner said, his hands clasped expectantly.

“Ah thank you, but let us think about it first. We’ll contact you if we finally decide to make it,” Inna said politely and bowed.

The expectant look on the owner’s face slowly disappeared and he nodded politely.

“Oh. Then how about signing the designs?” he suggested. “We will file it away so we won’t lose it, and when you decide to make it, you can just give us a call.”

“Sure, that would be great!” Inna replied.

Both Ji Eun and Inna signed each of the designs they selected then took the business card the jewelry store owner gave them. They even let the staff take pictures with them before they finally left the store.

Inna Unnie refused to give up on the idea of giving jewelry as a gift, so she dragged Ji Eun to a few more jewelry stores.

“Unnie, why do I feel like you’re more excited than I am to give Oppa a gift?” Ji Eun asked, looking tired. She had been following her Unnie around for the whole day. She’d already made her choice, deciding to buy the yellow sweater, but Inna continued to insist it was too common for a gift, and that she must make it more special.

“It’s because he made you happy, “ Inna answered with a dazzling smile. Ji Eun coughed, spurting out some of her drink. They were at a cafe taking a break.

“Aigoo, don’t act like what I said isn’t true,” Inna said, taking out some tissue to clean up her mess. Ji Eun blushed, not really knowing how to respond.

“So when will you take me to see him?” Inna asked with a big smile.

“Eh. It’ll be kinda hard to do, Unnie. We’re both busy with concerts and fan meetings,” Ji Eun replied, playing with her straw thoughtfully. “Maybe after his Hong Kong fan meeting?”

“That’s good then. Call me so we can plan. I need to make sure he’s the right man for you or not.”

Ji Eun chuckled at her. “But only on one condition, Unnie.”

“Hmmm? What condition?” Inna raised her eyebrows curiously.

“It will be a double date, with you and Lee Dong Wok sunbaenim.” Ji Eun smirked mischievously. Inna dropped her fork in disbelief.

“Unni, is it a deal?” she asked.

“No comment,” Inna pouted.

“Awww... come on, Unnie. It will be fun!” Ji Eun kept trying to persuade Inna while they were leaving the cafe.

“Okay fine. I’ll try, but I can’t promise,” Inna said, finally giving up. Ji Eun clapped her hands hap

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter