First Step For The Future

You Found Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Next time… it’s just us,” Joon Gi held her hand like it was the most precious jewel in the world. He gazed at her and smiled, there was a hint of a blush on his face. Ji Eun was stunned, heat started to spread from the hand he was holding to her face. Her eyes dropped to her hand. She didn’t dare to look at him directly, so she nervously bit her lower lip and just nodded softly.

 

Joon Gi carefully took a step closer. With his other hand he softly caressed her falling hair. Ji Eun slowly raised her head and longingly stared at him. His eyes were deep and dreamy. Their shared gaze was intense, as if each would disappear in one blink. Butterflies were fluttering everywhere in her body, her heart raced and Ji Eun quietly intertwined her fingers with his.

 

“Good Night, Ji Eun ah…” he whispered and nudged her nose playfully; she winced in surprise, but then giggled. The tension disappeared and they both relaxed, comforted by just being close to each other.

 

“Good Night, Oppa…” Ji Eun whispered back and smiled. They unlaced their hands with a heavy heart, before she bowed one last time and walked out of the door.

“I will call you later,” Joon Gi said while watching her and her manager leaving. She waved and smiled.

 

----

 

“Are you two dating?”, was the first thing Yoon Sung-sik director asked, when Ji Eun suggested the idea.

She blinked nervously. The truth was she didn’t really know how to answer that question. Today’s meeting was set to discuss her upcoming 1234 concert, when she suddenly decided to suggest to invite Joon Gi oppa to one of her shows. There shouldn’t be anything suspicious about inviting her co-stars to her concert. She had done it a couple times before already. Ji-Eun was pretty surprised when Yoon Sung-sik director popped that question.

 

“No…,” she finally replied.

 

‘Not yet… at least’.

 

“Are you sure?“ he scrutinized.

 

Ji Eun was quiet, thinking carefully about her answer. She knew whatever she replied would affect their relationship sooner or later.

 

“If you do, I need you to tell us. You broke up with Jang Ki Ha last July and we haven’t had the right time to announce it yet,” he added,

 

“and do you know how this will impact you, Lee Joon Gi shi and also Jang Ki ha shi? It would be unwise if we didn’t announce it in the right time.”

 

Ji Eun more than just understood how bad the impact could be. It wasn’t something new to her. Haters loved her so much, she ate their words on a daily basis.

 

“We are close but no - we are not dating,” she said in the end.

 

“Okay, then. Let’s contact his agency so we can discuss it together, maybe invite them over and schedule a meeting,” Yoon Sung-sik shi said satisfied with her answer. People stood up from their seats, the meeting was over. When everyone else had left the meeting room, Yoon Sung-shik shi stopped Ji Eun and asked her to sit down. He looked her straight into the eyes.

 

“Ji Eun shi, you know how this matter can be a scandal. Personally I don’t really mind if you are dating Lee Joon Gi shi. But the business we are working in - you know how sensitive it is, timing is really important. We want to protect you, so we need you to be honest with us. Therefor let me ask you one last time; are you dating Lee Joon Gi shi?”

 

Ji Eun took a deep breath. Yoon Sung-shik sajangnim was the person that gave her the chance to become who she was now. He treated her like his own daughter; she knew he asked that question based on concern not the lack of trust.

 

“I… well… we… ah I don’t really know how to explain this, Sung-shik sajangnim. I like him a lot and I think he also sees me as someone special. We are not yet dating, but we are really close,” she explained hesitantly.

“I guess we are just taking our time, to get to know each other and we just don’t want to rush anything.”

 

Yoon Sung-shik fixed his glassed, he was thinking about something.

“If I may ask you, this is not because of the drama right? I mean some actors or actress tend to get involved so deep with their characters and fall in love with their co-stars because of the character they were immersed in.”

 

It was something Ji Eun had questioned herself before. She had worried about the same matter for quite some time, but already found her answer.

 

"No, sajang-nim… Wang So and Lee Joon Gi shi are different people and I am not Hae Soo. He acted really well as Wang So, but the one I am in love with…” she stopped, realizing what she had just said.

 

'Ommo…. I told my sajangnim that I love Joon Gi oppa, aisshhhh how could I be so stupid!’

 

“Lee Joon Gi shi…” she finished her line timidly.

 

Yoon Sung-shik was observing her, and then kindly patted her shoulder.

“If anything changes in the “close but not dating” situation tell me, please. Can you promise me that?”

 

Ji Eun knew how important it was to tell her agency the truth..

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter