The Language of Flowers

You Found Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joon Gi pulled away after he kissed her forehead, his hand rubbing his neck nervously. He tried to hide his blushing face. Ji Eun was still dazed. She could still feel his kiss lingering on her forehead, warm and tingling.

 

“Do you have something to drink?” Joon Gi cleared his throat.

 

“Ah... yes, wait Oppa,” Ji Eun said quickly, they both felt awkward, embarrassed but happy.

 

“Beer? Soju? Banana Milk? Coke, or just water?” she asked from behind the open fridge door.

Joon Gi scoffed loudly, “Why do you have so many drinks? Are you running a mini mart or something?”

 

Ji Eun peeped out and grinned sheepishly, “What...? Isn’t it better to have a lot of options? Right?”

 

Joon Gi laughed and shrugged, “Water. I am driving back... unless....”

 

“Unless?” She looked at him innocently while giving him the bottled water.

 

“Oh nothing...” he shrugged again playfully. He sat down and drank the water. Ji Eun sat next to him and watched him drink.

 

“Stop it. I can’t drink if you are looking at me like that.”

 

“Uhm, like what?” Ji Eun blinked cutely.

 

Joon Gi put the bottle on the table and turned to face her. “Like that...” He pinched her nose playfully.

 

“Ah, Oppa!”

 

He laughed, satisfied, then stood up, “Okay I am going back. You need your beauty rest.”

“Ah already...?” she couldn’t hide her disappointment.

 

“Hmm? Do you want me to stay for the night?” He leaned closer with his teasing side grin. “You know that could lead to something....”

 

Ji Eun blushed, quickly pushing him back when she understood what was he referring to.

 

“Okay, be careful on your way back, Oppa.” She kept pushing him to her door, took his hat and mask and gave it to him.

 

Joon Gi laughed so loud at her reaction. He let her push him to the front door, where he suddenly turned and pushed her to the wall playfully.

 

“So... do you still want me to stay the night?”

 

Ji Eun was speechless, her face burning hot, and she avoided his intense gaze.

 

“Don’t worry, I am just teasing...” he chuckled. He was going to let her go when Ji Eun suddenly pulled his sleeve shyly. She didn’t really want him to leave yet. She wanted to be with him longer.  Joon Gi looked a little bit surprised, but then his eyes became darker and he leaned close; she could feel the butterflies in her stomach when his soft breath brushed her face.

 

‘I wish he would just kiss me already....’

But then he softly nudged her nose with his and she responded by nudging it back. The position was the closest they had ever been.

 

“Ji...,” his voice was gentle and low; and then he sighed. He looked at her with his dark eyes, his eyes darting from her lips then back to her eyes. He was struggling. One small move from her would probably help him decide, but neither of them made a move. 

 

In the end he put his forehead softly on hers, closed his eyes and breathed deeply. Ji Eun followed his lead; trying to calm her own inner fire. They stayed in that position for a minute before Joon Gi released her and ruffled her hair again.

 

“Okay good night princess. Sleep well.” He put on his disguise and walked to the door. Ji Eun blinked and quickly recovered, then watched him wore his shoes.

 

“Good night, Oppa. Be careful on your way back and please call me when you have arrived.”

 

He nodded, smiling from behind his mask, then opened the door and left.

 

---  

 

“Flower for IU!”

Her assistant and manager quickly accepted the bouquet from the delivery guy. Today was the first day of her concert at Seoul and she was in her dressing room preparing before the concert began. So many flowers

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter