008

That man. That woman. (Sequel to My Story begins here)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The entire campus was quiet as I made my way slowly to the campus's pond site. Since it was a Saturday, not much students were in school, except for a few here and theres that were wanting to study at school or were just particularly bored that they had nowhere else to go. 

The pond was equally as quiet. There was literally no one but Mingyu. He was sitting on a bench, gazing at the pond.

Since his back was facing me, I had no problems weaving through the tiny forest that our campus had without him noticing. 

"Hey..." I whispered as I took a step beside him, he was a bit shook when I came out of nowhere. 

"H-hey..." He tried to sound cool as well.

"So, why did you call me here?" I asked through my forcefully opened smile. I was dying in the inside. 

"Oh," his eyes widen as he registed my question. "I- I just want to.... apologized for what had happened yesterday..." He scratched the back of his neck as he glaced at me. 

"Apology accepted," I answered immediately, smiling back at him. "Actually, it was also my fault for acting childish when I was drunk..."

"It couldn't help anyways," he replied, causing the two of us to break down into a tiny laugh. We quickly recovered from our laugh. "So," he started again, glancing at me. He extended a hand out. "Are we still friends?" He asked. 

I nodded, taking his head into mine. "Of course we are," I replied and shook his hand for a few times before removing it from mine. I stood up. "I kind of have to go... I have something important to do but I managed to squeeze some time for you."

"Thanks," he muttered. "And I'm so sorry for taking away your time."

"It's okay," I replied and turned around to walk away. I took a step before looking back at him. "I... I have a question, Mingyu," I started once again. I bit my lower lips, unable to start my sentence. "Erm... did... did you mean anything... you had said.... yesterday?" I asked slowly.

He gave me a smile. "Mi Young, yes, I did," he replied.

I froze in my place, with my back facing him. "Wh...what?" I whispered, my heart started to ache but I did not look back at him. 

"Yes, I mean it," Mingyu smiled, his lips pressed into a straight line. 

"Well... goodbye Kim Mingyu," I shrugged off, trying to pretend to not catch his words. I hesistated, taking a step forward and stopped. Then I took a deep breath before walking away.

School started on Monday and as always, I was tired. I could not think straight for the past few two days since I had encountered Mingyu. He somehow made me think... like a lot of things, related to our relationship and not related to any of us too. 

"Hey there," someone slide into the seat beside me, bumping his hip onto mine. 

I snapped out of my thinking and turned. "Hey there... Jimin," I smiled back. Somehow, he was always the one to calm me down. 

"You look so drained out, Kim Mi Young," he observed, tilting his head at me. 

I gave him a smile and rolled my eyes. "Thanks for noticing that," I replied. 

He bit his lower lip as he looked at me for several minutes in silence. "Mi Young-ah," he sang and paused as he looked back at me. 

"Yes?" I asked, still facing him. 

A smile crept up to his face as he continued to stare. "I just know the thing to cheer you up," he whispered, resting his chin onto his palm. "You're coming to dance today right? Meet me at the studio at 11am once you finish this class," he finished, sliding away. 

"Yah!" I yelled as I watched him quickening his pace towards the door. "Where are you going?" I raised my eyebrow.

"To my class, pabo," he cried and disappeared.

"Hello?' I poked my head into the dark room. The studio was quiet, especially with the lights switched off. "Jiminnie?" I called out, walking into the room and closing the door. As the door shut, the light that was there a moment ago was swallowed away by the closed door. I was enveloped in the darkness. 

My eyes tore from the aimlessly darkness surrounding me and searched for the lights on the right side of the wall. My hands crawled behind me, guiding me along the walls towards the lights. I finally found the switch after a few moments and flicked one of the lights on. 

The switch immediatey light up the center of the studio and there he was, standing gracefully in the center, looking at me with a smile. He opened his lips as he conti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter