013

That man. That woman. (Sequel to My Story begins here)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Silence fell into the place. My heart was the only sound I could hear through this immerse silence. I placed my hand over my heart and took a deep breath.

"You got this, Mi Young," I whispered to myself, looking down at my decorated arms covered in henna. Henna... it was an unusual thing I had used instead of something else. The reason why was simple though. We coul not find any gloves or tatoos tha would symbolised our dance. Ara had grateful helped to get the paste onto my arms.

I glanced at the work that Ara had done. It was beautiful. It told a story. The henna was designed to give an effect that I had cracks all over my arms and that was the concept both Mingyu and I were looking for. 

I found a hand snaking into mine and interlacing both our fingers together. "Are you okay? You don't look too well," I looked up and found Mingyu looking down at me. He was only half a head taller than me but because of how close we were standing to one another, I had to looked up.

"You're like an umbrella, Mingyu. You literally block all the rain for me," I smiled. 

"That doesn't answer my question, Kim Mi Young," he chuckled.

"I am... now that you asked," I replied and we were in silence again. 

I was sweating. We were standing backstage of the dance competition with more than hundreds of contestants from different academics. 

He squeezed my hand and smiled at me. "You can do it, Kim Mi Young," he whispered. I gave another smile and our names were called into the competition. We took a deep breath before walking onto the grand stage. 

There were many people behind the judges. Audience... I could see thousands of eyes staring down onto us two people. Lights were shining before us. I bit my lips. If we won this competition, it can be a great start for our future. 

"Hello," one of the judge picked up his mic. I recognised him. He was the famous dancer from a group called Seventeen. Boo Seungkwan, and beside him was Kwon Soonyoung. 

I gave a small smile and held up a mic that was giving to me before entering the stage. "Hello. My name is Kim Mi Young and this is Kim Mingyu. We are going to show you our performance that has a mix of modern dance, ballet and more. Please anticipate," I gave another smile and placed the mic far away from where I was going to be dancing. I quickly hurried to my position. I hear murmers of applause. I took another deep breath as the light dimmed down. I waited until our song was played and the lights got back on.

Everything went by really quickly. I was moving across the stage with the music. The performance took four minutes but by the end of the four minutes, I heard thunders of applause, much louder than those I had heard of during th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter