006

That man. That woman. (Sequel to My Story begins here)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Actually, what's this party for?" I asked the person in front of me, as I leaned against the kitchen counter, a glass of sparkling water in my hand. 

"To welcome Jimin?" Namjoon answered, raising his eyebrow. He was a bit tipsy. He was holding a glass containing a mysterious green drink, his hand flicked out of a sudden, causing a bit of the green liquid to be spilled onto the floor. 

I moved uncomfortably in my outfit that Ara had chose for me as I sighed at Namjoon. "You could have a party earlier, Kim Namjoon. Why now?" I asked, chuckling to myself as I took another sip of my water. 

"Because I want everyone to know that this party is for him!" He shouted, giggling at the same time before turning around. He waved a hand at me as he walked out of the kitchen. "Goodbye, lovely, you are a great companion to talk to but you're boring," he sang before disappearing through the opened doors of the kitchen. 

I sighed as I slowly swirled my glass around, causing the water to twirl as if it was performing. I was in the kitchen in an uncomfortable, sleeveless red dress that Ara had made me wear because it was the only quiet place that was in the entire house. Just as Ara and I had came over to the house, she had immediately disappeared from my view so I had to walk around and had tried to mingle with no one in particular. 

I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms against my chest as I started to walk out when I was blocked by someone. 

"Hey there, Mi Young," the person greeted me. "I was looking... for you."

"Oh, hey... Jisoo," I greeted, smiling at her.

She scratched her head awkwardly as if she did not know how to start. 

"What's up?" I started. Jisoo was two years my junior in this college. 

"Actually, it's about Jae Hyuk..." She explained. 

I raised my eyebrow at that. Jisoo was my brother's girlfriend for... a long time and they were a really sweet couple together, always smiling and caring for one another. But right now, in front of me, was a rather worried-looking Jisoo. 

"Is- is there anything I can do for you?" I asked concernly. I did not know Jisoo really well but I knew that she was usually a bubbly and happy girl. 

"Jae Hyuk... he has been acting really weird nowadays..." She started. "He started to get really distanced away from me and he barely even talks to me anymore.."

I was about to tell her that she was overreacting but then, I knew that she knew where she was going. She was never the cliggy type and normally, when there was a problem with Jae Hyuk, she would be the first one to know about them before telling me. 

"Don't... don't worry, Jisoo," I smiled, patting her shoulder in assurance. "I'll talk to my brother about this and then I'll let you know if there's anything."

Jisoo gained back her smile and went over to hug me tightly, out of surprised. "Thank you so much, unnie. I wouldn't even know what to do if it weren't for you," she whispered. I recovered from my shock and hugged her back. 

"Now don't worry about him anymore, Jisoo. Now go and enjoy the party, okay?" I whispered back at her and she quickly disappeared through the opened kitchen doors just like Namjoon had. 

I sighed for the nth time today and looked at the untouched glass that was in my hand. I put the glass cautiously onto the kitchen counter and stared at the glass for a couple of moments before my phone rang. 

"Hello?" I picked up my phone and placed it on my ear. I was not in the mood to do anything.

"Where are you, Kim Mi Young!" There was shouting at the other end of the phone. "I don't see you in the party anywhere!" 

"Yah, Jung Hoseok!" I said firmly, wincing at the loud amplitude. "You don't have to shout."

"If I don't, how are you going to hear me through the loud music and how am I going to hear you?" He shot. 

I rolled my eyes and grinned. "What do you want?" I asked him. 

"I want to know where you are! I'm getting lonely from all the boring guys!" He complained. 

I chuckled as I heard someone, presumably Yoongi, protested in the background. "Yah! I'm not boring!" Yoongi shouted at Hoseok. 

"I'm at the kitchen," I informed Hoseok and hung up the call. 

It took a couple of minutes before a befuddled Hoseok appeared in front of me. "Hey there, Mi Young!" He greeted me, shouting through the empty kitchen as he smiled bashfully at me. 

"I can see that you're drunk," I observed Hoseok, smiling at him. 

"Am not!" He argued back, letting out a little giggle at the end. "I... Jung Hoseok... am happy!" 

"Do you want to go back to your dorm?" I asked, concernly, after observing him for a while.

"No.... no no!" He sang, walking towards me with a lazy smile. "To-today, we... both! Will... will... will have a DRINK! With... with those boring people!" He slung his arm across my shoulders and pulled me along. "Now... let's go and find those boring people and have a drink with them!" 

I opened my mouth to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter