010

That man. That woman. (Sequel to My Story begins here)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I plopped onto the hard, shiny floor, panting. I bored my eyes into the mirror that was reflecting myself. 

"Are you okay?" Mingyu approached me. I could sense him from behind. I looked up at the mirror to find him holding a bottle of water.

"Thanks..." I mumbled as I took the bottle and gulp it in one shot. It has been weeks since we had started on our dance cheoreography and it was going... pretty well. 

I glanced around the school's dance studio and then proceeded to toss my bottle at the side of the studio before standing up. 

"We should practice the cheoreo again and identify our mistakes. There's still... like a week before it's D-day..." I smiled and shuffled towards the speakers that were resting at the corner of the dance studio, leaning against the mirror.

I quickly pressed the song on and hurried to my position which was at the side, not invisible until later.

Mingyu started first. His body moved gracefully with the song as if he became one with the song in almost an instant. I closed my eyes as my heart thumped to the beat of the rhythm that was not really audible. 

Thump... The first beat went off. There was still two more beat. 

Thump... The second beat was sounded.

Thu- I quickly jumped and skipped from my starting position to the center of the stage toward Mingyu. 

We twirled around one another and were doing pretty well- until the hard part came in. Mingyu was suppose to carry me on his shoulders and ran before leaping up in the air and then I was suppose to do a cartwheel. It sounds complicated and it was but we just thought that it was a great idea so... why not?

I bit my lower lips as Mingyu placed me securely on his shoulders before starting to run across the studio. His bare feet were making stomps that made me more nervous and anxious. I counted his steps in my heart. 

One.. two... three... four...five! I shouted mentally and was ready to do my cartwheel when suddenly, the both of us went down. 

"Owh!" I heard Mingyu yelp and we plunged towards the ground. 

"Oh no..." I groaned. My eyes were shut and my head was throbbing as it had hit the ground. The impact was strong enough to make me feel dizzy. 

"Are... are you okay?" I heard Mingyu groaning in pain too. 

"Ye...yeah-" I answered, opening my eyes. They widen immediately as I looked at Mingyu who was under my body. Our faces were just a few inches away from one another. 

"Are you sure?" Mingyu asked again, concerned. He did not realised that we were in an awkward position at all. 

I nodded my head quickly and smiled at him. "Yeah, but we definitely have to practice more than just twice for this," I laughed.

"Definitely," he replied and groaned immediately. "But I can't believed that I tripped over my own leg!" He exclaimed and we ended up bursting into laughter again.

It ended almost abruptly. The door of the studio creaked open. Our eyes darted from one another to the door. 

A black-haired head poked in and glanced around the studio before landing his eyes on us. My eyes widen immediately and I was not able to move. 

Just then, I heard another voice appoarching the door. The person bumped into the black-haired boy, making him jump a bit, but his eye-contact was still on me.

"What are you waiting for, Jimin?" The person who bumped into the black-haired boy asked before poking her head through the door. 

I immediately scrambled from my awkward position, sitting up uncomfortab

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter