Chapter Two

Cheap Thrills
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day at school was pretty much the same. We had a test in Math, though. D.O whined about it for like 5 minutes into the lunch break.

I was kind of sleepy and wanted to take a power nap so when I told D.O to shut up and let me sleep. He got mad.

"Sleep? No, bro. Let's go to the cafeteria. Let's eat. Let's socialise."

"How about no?" I answered.

D.O raised an eyebrow at me and said, "How about I drag your sorry out of this classroom?"

And yeah that was enough to send me flying out of my seat.

So here's the thing. D.O is one of the popular guys. And therefore a lot of people who know him, know me. D.O makes it look so easy. Talking to anyone from any class about literally any topic with a perpetual smile on his face. I don't know how D.O does it though. Conversations with people I barely know starts to get awkward right after hello.

But sometimes, like today, D.O forces me to hang out with his friends. It's boring and they're pathetic. The way all of them crave attention.

Ji Woo touching the school Head Boy, Kim Su Ho every time Kim Jong Dae cracks a joke. Like 'Omo that joke is so funny, Suho-ya I can't even stand straight.' Or the way Oh Se Hun flexes his arms in front of a few girls. Oh and Kim Jong In, casually just texting with that 'bored out of my mind' look on his face.

I could die from the second hand embarrassment. Tch.

I was only half listening to what one of the girls, Bae Soo Ji was telling me. She mentioned some boy band and I swear I thought she was talking to someone else when I glanced at my watch.

"The choreography in the- oh."

I looked up and she was regarding me with a haughty expression.

"I'm sorry I wasted your time."

And before I realised my mistake, she had bounded over to another group. A bunch of seniors who were in the theatre club.

I probably had a weird look on my face because Jong Dae burst out laughing with a finger pointed at me. The others joined him as well.

I grinned sheepishly and D.O said "His people skills are kind of rusty."

"No kidding!" Jong Dae literally screeched.

"So loud." I muttered under my breath and luckily no one heard as my voice was drowned out by the bell.

I grabbed D.O, with the intention of dragging him back to class, shouting, "We have Chemistry lab. Mr. Kang. Sigh. Later!"

"Wait a second." Kim Jong In was standing in front of me, blocking my way.

"Wha-"

"Let's hang out after school?" He was standing like two inches from me. Personal space, bro.

"Ah. Homework?" I said with an almost apologetic look on my face.

"Ugh. Come on, Byun Baek Hyun." D.O whined stomping his foot like the he is. "Let's go to your Mom's cafe. That way no ahjumma will tell on you."

"Wow. I guess you guys do fancy being thrown out of restaurants and cafes." I said, a sickly sweet smile plastered on my face.

But D.O was having none of that. "Ya guys, Cafe Byun after school. Cool?"

7, no. 8 people screamed 'Cool' back. Kim Jon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter