Chapter Thirteen

Cheap Thrills
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

After getting the wounds dressed, Yixing asked me if I wanted to go and get lunch somewhere. 

"No." I muttered. "I just want to go home." 

Yixing frowned but he quietly took me back. We got in the same way through Ji Hoon's house. He had a few people over and asked us to join them but Yixing refused. Once we were at the apartment, I turned to him and said, "Don't come upstairs." 

"But Baek-" 

I held up a hand to silence him. "I'll see you later." 

He nodded and didn't move as I walked over to the staircase. The elevator was out of order. I know what happened with Sandara wasn't Yixing's fault but I somehow was miffed at him. Because... I don't know? He was the one who forced me to go to Tae Joon sunbae's house in the first place? No. No that wasn't it. It was because of what Sandara had said. That Chanyeol had called dibs on me. I mean yeah, I wanted to push Chanyeol down the stairs for saying something like that but did Yixing treat me like some sort of a conquest? Did he kiss me just to annoy Chanyeol? Ugh, I felt completely objectified.

I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't even notice when I got to my flat's door that it was already unlocked. I pushed it open, took off my shoes and only when the smell of fried rice hit me, did I realise that Mom was home. 

"Baekhyun, is that you?" I heard her voice from the kitchen. 

"Yeah, Mom." I called back. 

"Change your clothes," she said. "Food's almost done." 

I had wanted to take a long hot shower but I resorted to just splashing some water on my face. When I sat down at the table, I saw that Mom was in an unusually chipper mood. 

"How was school- what happened to your hand?" She walked over to me and held up my now bandaged right hand and examined it closely. 

I pretended to roll my eyes and feign exasperation. "Chemistry lab. I broke a test tube." 

"Omo, you should be more careful, Baekhyun." She reprimanded. 

"Yeah, yeah." I muttered. "I heated it too much and then added concentrated sulphuric acid instead of dilute." 

She shook her head and then took her seat opposite to me. "Aish, what will I do with this kid?" 

I gave her a sheepish grin and then we had our lunch. She asked me how school was and I half invented stuff on the spot, and half told her things that had happened yesterday. I don't think she suspected anything. An hour later, she took her purse and was about to leave when the door bell rang. 

She opened the door but since I was in the living room, I saw who it was. Chanyeol. With like, a dozen textbooks in his hand. The scene was almost comical. My Mom looking him up and down, trying to see what the books were about, and Chanyeol standing at the door, nervously biting his lip. 

When my Mom didn't move or invite him in, he held up the books and stuttered. "Uh- I uh- needed- homework help- erm-" 

I stifled a laugh as my Mom narrowed her eyes and then slowly stepped aside. She looked at me, tapped at her watch, held up one finger and was out. 

When she left, I let out a small laugh and told Chanyeol, " You only have an hour. What subject do you want help with?"

"Uh, Maths, I guess." He said as he placed the books on the table. "But that's not why I'm here." 

"Did you just lie to my Mom?" I said in a mock stern tone. 

"What? No, I mean, yes?" He shook his head. I laughed and lead him to my room. "Ah- Baek, why are you purposely messing with me?" 

"Your girlfriend threw a glass at me," I said and sat down on the bed. "I have all the rights to mess with you. As a matter of fact, should you even be here? What if she bombs my house next?" 

"What- no she won't -" 

"Oh yeah, I guess since you live one floor above me, she'd probably accost me on the way to school or something." 

He was standing in front of me, hands crossed over his chest. "Listen, I'm sorry she did that. I didn't think she would do anything to you."

"Why? Because you had already called dibs on me?" 

He didn't say anything straight away. He pulled the chair at my study table closer to the bed and sat down. "Did she say that?"

I nodded. "Look, Chanyeol, I don't care that you're dating someone psychotic who thinks there's something going on between us." He smiled when I said psychotic. "But please don't go around calling dibs on me. I'm not some chick in a club or, I don't know, the passenger seat of a car, okay?" 

"No, Baek-" he said but I cut him off. 

"Just tell her there's nothing between us."

He took my hand, the one that was bandaged and run a finger along it. "You want me to lie?" 

I pulled my hand away. "What do you mean?" 

No really. I am going to kill him. I am willing to go to jail for murdering him. 

"You know," he stood up and moved closer to me, pushed me down on the bed and a second later he was straddling me. I was too shocked to push him away.  "Dara and I did break up because of you." 

"That's- no! You broke up with her before I intervened." 

"Yes, but I broke up with her because of you." He leaned in, his face inches from mine. I made a feeble attempt to push him away but he grabbed my hands and held them above my head. "We slept together." 

"Are you kidding me? All we did was sleep." I tried to wrestle away from his grasp. "Chanyeol, get off of me." 

"No." 

"Chanyeol, get off of me and maybe I won't kill you." I said through gritted teeth. He shook his head and buried his face in the crook of my neck. "Chanyeol, you have a ing girlfriend."

"No, I don't." He mumbled. "I broke up with her." 

"You kissed her." Chanyeol moved so that he was looking at me. 

"How do you know that?" 

"I saw you kiss her."

"She kissed me, Baek." He shook his head. "Different things."

"Oh." So she was sort of psychotic. "Well, I-uh, I have a boyfriend!" 

He let go off hands and sat up straight. "You what?" 

"Yeah," It felt weird using the 'I have a boyfriend' card but I was kind of desperate right now. "I'm dating Yixing." 

Good news, Chanyeol got up. Bad news, he was now looking like a kicked puppy. I sat up but didn't look at him. 

"Do you- do you like him?" He asked. 

I liked Yixing's voice. Did that count? Unsure of what to say, I simply nodded. 

"Really?" 

"Why are you asking?" 

He remained silent and I saw him shake his head. He took a step back and then another. 

"I'm sorry." He muttered. "I think I'll go now." 

"Chan-" But he was storming out of the room before I could register. I followed him out and watched as he hurriedly put on his shoes. I wanted to stop him but I couldn't find a single reason to. The fact that I enjoyed his company more than Yixing's sounded kind of flimsy after I had told him that I had a boyfriend. After he left, I went back to my room and barely ten minutes had passed when the door bell rang again. I almost hoped it was Chanyeol. The D.O voice spoke up.

Chanyeol is not your boyfriend, Baek. Yixing is. You're not treating him nicely by thinking about Chanyeol all the time. 

Jong Dae voice argued that I did not think about Chanyeol all the time. 

I opened the door and saw that it was, in fact, Yixing, standing outside with a bunch of red roses. I let him in and asked, "Who are those for?" 

"My boyfriend." He winked. 

At this point, I am ninety three percent sure there is something wrong with me. Normally, people are happy when someone does something romantic for them, right? But everytime Yixing does it, I feel a bit uneasy. What with the use of the term baby and now this, it felt as if he was treating me like a girl. 

I didn't voice any of this though. Just plastered a smile on my face. took the flowers from him and set them on my table. 

"How are you feeling now?" Yixing asked as he sat down on the couch. 

I shrugged. "Fine." 

He gestured at mg hand. "Does it hurt? Do you want painkillers?" 

"No, it's fine." I plopped down next to him. I thought for a moment, then scooted closer and rested my head against his shoulder. "I'm a bit tired, I guess." 

Yixing wrapped his arm around my waist. "How tired? Because I was wondering if you wanted to go to a party with me?" 

"Party?" I said. "My Mom-" 

"I asked her." He cut me off. "She said you can go. Be back by nine." 

"Nine? Wow. Where did you tell her I am going?"

"Luhan's house for a science project." He grinned. "So you wanna go?" 

"I'm not sure." I said. "Where is this party?" 

"Heechul's place." 

"The one w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter