EPILOGUE PART TWO

Cheap Thrills
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I left the exam hall at half past two. I know. The exam got over at two. I was just talking to some of the teachers over there. I had totally forgotten that I had to meet Chanyeol after this. Ugh, and I had said I'd be home by three. 

I took my phone out of my bag and switched it on. 

It was vibrating for half a minute once I the data. I was about to text Chanyeol when I got a call from him.

"Yeol, I'll be late-"

"It's fine. Don't run." 

I stopped in my tracks. I had only taken two steps but was ready to break into a sprint. "I'm not running. Why do you think I'm running?" 

"Because you're walking faster than me." I heard. From the phone and from behind me. I turned around and Chanyeol's grinning face greeted me. "I was waiting at the other door."

I pocketed my phone as he pulled me into a hug. 

"Happy birthday, Baekhyunah." He said, squeezing me tighter. 

He had wished me last night too. First one to wish, actually. But since I had the test, we didn't talk for long. 

"What are you doing here?" I said. He let go and grabbed my hands, interlocking our fingers together. "You didn't tell me you were gonna come."

"Yeah, well it was a surprise." He shrugged. "Anyway, aren't you hungry? Let's go get something to eat."

He lead me down the street and for a moment I thought back to the time I skipped school with him. How it was almost the same as now. Chanyeol infront of me, his hand in mine. Taking me god knows where.

"Do you even know your way around, Chanyeol?" I said, after ten minutes of walking. 

He chuckled nervously. "Not really, no. I was hoping we'd come across a food joint sooner or later." 

"Ya, paboya. Do you want us to get lost?" I said, pulling him to another direction. "Let's go this way. I'll take you to my favourite cafe. My treat." 

Okay, so I took him to Cafe Byun's outlet in Seoul. It had opened recently, and wasn't very famous, except among the students who went to cram school around here. Since it was class hours right now, it was almost empty. 

I knew the staff here as well. I didn't remember all of their names but they recognised me. 

Instinct told me that I should bolt. They'll tell Mom I was loitering here after the test, but then I remembered her credit card in my wallet and I had permission to loiter. 

"Wow, pretty place." Chanyeol said. "The interior is better than the original to be honest."

"Don't say that in front of my Mom." I lead him up the stairs. Even quieter over there. Mostly couples took the tables on the first floor. "Ugh, you should have told me you'd come to Seoul. I would have made plans."

"Why do you think I didn't come with a plan?" Chanyeol frowned as I sat down at a table next to the window. He went for the seat opposite to me. 

"Whoa, why are you sitting all the way over there?" I gestured to the seat next to me. "There's a lot of space here too."

"Oh, okay." Chanyeol grinned and plopped down next to me. "Anyway, I-"

"You're sitting too far!" I shifted closer until our legs were touching. Placing my hand on his, I said. "So what do you wanna eat?"

"What do you recommend?" He said, grabbing the menu.

"Ah, I hear the pizza and the owner's son are amazing." I said. "Personally, I would prefer the latter."

I saw Chanyeol smirk. His eyes were glued to the menu. "Nah, I'll take the pizza." 

"Wha-"

"Should I order? What do you want?" He said. 

"Yeooooolaaaah!" 

He put down the menu and started laughing. Like really hard. 

"Someone is acting all clingy today." He slung his arm around my shoulder and poked my cheek. "And sorry, I'm not interested in the owner's son. I already have a really hot boyfriend."

"H-hot?" We've been dating for four months now. When will I learn to stop blushing? 

Chanyeol pulled me in for a kiss. It was a light kiss. 

Okay, I'm lying. It wasn't. It was one of those kisses that lead to heated make out sessions in my bedroom. 

But since we were in public, I pulled away. 

Sometimes you gotta do things you don't want to. 

 

"Where do you wanna go now?" Chanyeol asked as we waited for the bill. Lunch was amazing. Food aside, it was Chanyeol's jokes, his smiles, y'know that half smile that he does but his eyes light up- but maybe you don't know. I'm probably the only person who has seen him smile like that- and the subtle touches underneath the table, had made me so, so happy, I was ready to tag this the best birthday. Over the one when Mom and Dad took me to Jeju.  

"I don't have anything particular in mind." I shrugged. "We could walk around, see if we find something fun to do."

"Aw, I'd say Lotte World but it's too late for that now." Chanyeol pouted. "Oh-wait. I know what we can do."

The waiter arrived with the bill, interrupting our conversation. I paid, while Chanyeol argued that he should be the one paying. 

"Yeah, so what are we gonna do?" I asked. He was looking at his phone and walking. "Yeol, you have to tell me. How else will we get there?"

"Just follow me." He looked at me and smiled. "I know the way now."

We walked in silence, Chanyeol consulting his phone for directions and I walked behind him. It took Chanyeol fifteen minutes to get to the place.    

And did I mention I love him?

"One of my friends told me there was a tournament going on." He grinned. Obviously. He was just as excited as I was. It was a little over four right now and the event was going to start at five. "I totally forgot that it was today but he just texted me to ask if I was gonna come."

"This is the best!" I couldn't stop smiling either. I had always wanted to come to a place like this. 

"Come on, let's get inside." Chanyeol grabbed my hand and dragged me in. 

So, remember how I told you about Seoul and the crowds and the intense competition it signified? Well, it was the same inside the game cafe we had just entered.

Except I wasn't scared of the crowd. 

Okay, you're probably confused. I'm so excited I finally get to take part in one of these that I can't get my thoughts straight.

I had heard about this too, but obviously with cram school and exams, I didn't think I'd be able to attend. This Counter Strike Go tournament was one of the most popular ones. I had been seeing posters for ages.

"Chanyeol." I said, as I took in the excited crowd, the organisers and volunteers, the lines of computers, the endless chatter, flyers everywhere! It was amazing. 

"Yeah?" He looked at me as we got into the line to register our names.

"I love you." I said, leaning my head against his shoulder. "This is the best. Thank you for bringing me here. Honestly, this is the best gift-"

"Woah, no! This isn't your gift. I- I have your gift." I looked up to see him blushing." I'll give it to you after this."

"You didn't have to get me anything." I said.

"Of course, I did." He answered. "Do you have a pen?"

I fished one out of my bag and gave it to him just as we g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter