Chapter Four

Cheap Thrills
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Are you on Instagram?" Chanyeol asked as we finished watching the fourth episode of Pokemon that evening.

"Bro, we follow each other." I replied.

"Really?" he tilted his head to one side. "I never see any of your posts, though."

"I don't post a lot," I answered. "More like I don't have a lot of pictures to post."

Chanyeol snorted. "Ya. Scoot closer."

"Why?"

"And smile."

He held his phone up, with a camera app open. 

"Ugh, my hair looks horrible." I groaned.

"Smile."

I shook my head and then posed for the selca, winking and holding up two fingers. Chanyeol just smirked. Tch. Typical.

"I'm posting this." Chanyeol said and began tapping on his phone.

"What? Why?"

"So that your friends don't think you're crying in your bedroom like the loner you are."

"They're D.O's friends." I huffed. "And I'm not a loner."

"Then why do you hang out with D.O's friends, huh?"

"I- uh. That's- that's none of your business, Park."

He snorted again. What's so amusing, huh? I was about to ask him to show me the selca before uploading it but I was cut off by the door bell ringing.

"Ah, that must be my Mom." He got up to open the door.

"Oh." I said and got up as well. "I should leave, then. It's late."

"It's only seven. Have dinner and then go." 

I stood awkwardly. Dinner? Chanyeol unlocked the door and Mrs. Park walked in carrying a bag of takeout food. Judging from the smell it was Jjamppong. 

"Ah, Baekhyun-ah. Hello."

I bowed as she took off her shoes and Chanyeol took the bag from her. "Good evening, Mrs. Park."

She smiled warmly and said, "It's such a coincidence. They were giving a bowl free on buying more than 2 bowls of jjamppong."

"Eomma, you forgot my chocolates." Chanyeol whined as he ruffled through the contents of the bag. 

"Ah, I guess I did." She walked into her room and called out from inside. "Yeol-ah, set the table. Baekhyun-ah, have dinner before you leave, okay?"

"Okay, Mrs. Park." I walked to the table to help Chanyeol. "What should I do?"

"Just sit?" 

I pulled a chair to sit down but my gaze fell on the wall next to the dining table. It was almost completely covered with photographs. Chibi Chanyeol? Definitely blackmail material. I walked closer to look at the photos. 

"Ya!" Chanyeol called but I ignored him.

Wow. His Mom looked really pretty when she was younger. There were pictures of his parents' wedding. In one of the photos, his Dad was down on one knee giving a bunch of roses to his Mom. There were a lot of baby Chanyeol pictures. Hah. His ears. Chanyeol took after his Dad. They had the same eyes. There were a couple of teenager Chanyeol pictures as well, but his Dad was in none of them. Hmmm. Weird.

"Where's your Dad?" I asked turning around. 

Mrs. Park entered the dining area just then, changed out of her work clothes. Chanyeol had stopped moving and was glaring holes into the table. His mother looked nervously at him and took the chopsticks from his hand. His knuckles were white, he had been gripping them so hard. 

"Sit down, Yeol-ah." Mrs. Park forced him down into one of the chairs.

Weirder. "I mean I don't see him around. And it couldn't have been a divorce." Mouth, why? Why can't you shut up in awkward situations. Don't you know how much taller than me Park Chanyeol is? "Because you've kept a lot of his pictures. Is he in the army?" 

Wrong thing to say, apparently. Chanyeol got up so fast, the chair toppled back. I flinched as he stalked towards me. And grabbed my shirt. Didn't he do that yesterday as well?

"My Dad is none of your business, Byun," he growled. "And I warned you. Don't go running your mouth off like that."

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter